Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1704

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Stjepan Sejic is behind all of this memorable PoP art.

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/she-ra-115867096
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    I don't care for the cover... other than the Green Goddess. It looks like a fan painting and not a licensed product. Don't care for Adora at all.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That's an awesome cover! Liking Despara/Adora's new look too - glad she's kept the short hair.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Stjepan Sejic is behind all of this memorable PoP art.

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/she-ra-115867096
    OMG! Yay! I'm so happy for him! I love all his MOTU and PoP work. <3 DC for getting Axel and Stjepan. They just need to get Chris Faccone.

Also, I LOVE Adora's look. The pants look good on her. I'm not big on the cape, but I understand why it's there (purified Despara look, hint towards She-Ra). I still hate He-Man's pants though. Green Goddess is still looking mighty fine.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    OMG! Yay! I'm so happy for him! I love all his MOTU and PoP work.
    Agreed DC and Mattel's experiment with the pants have to end, because it failed miserably. He-Man needs to return to his iconic barbarian look. And they need to get rid of the "H" symbol. Give him back the Iron Cross. Oh and bring his Battle Axe just for once, and change the Sword of Power back to his original design. The problem is that maybe there is no time for these changes anymore .
    Last edited by granamyr80; June 17, 2014 at 05:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Agreed DC and Mattel's experiment with the pants have to end, because it failed miserably. He-Man needs to return to his iconic barbarian look. And they need to get rid of the "H" symbol. Give him back the Iron Cross. Oh and bring his Battle Axe just for once, and change the Sword of Power back to his original design. The problem is that maybe there is no time for these changes anymore .
    To answer your earlier question, I would guesstimate that digital sales are around 1,000 to 2,000 copies.

I really like he-mans new look, he still looks like a barbarian, the trousers suit him.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    To answer your earlier question, I would guesstimate that digital sales are around 1,000 to 2,000 copies.
    If that's the case, then the ongoing's future is really uncertain. The current arc would be the last one, if the sales don't change drammatically.
    I think it would be interesting to have a poll and see how many members of the forum, are still bying the ongoing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I really like he-mans new look, he still looks like a barbarian, the trousers suit him.

He is looking half barbarian. His pants are too futuristic comparing with the rest of his outfit, and the loincloth looks out of place. At least with his previous design the pants fit better.
    Last edited by granamyr80; June 17, 2014 at 06:30pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Cover looks pretty good to me. I like that He-Man's look changes to adapt to certain situations. As for the sales, looks like the series has dropped about 50% in sales since issue #1 over 13 issues. Not sure if that is good or bad for a licensed comic, but it is selling better than most other licensed comics, with the exception being Star Wars, My Little Pony, and Buffy. If this is the last story arc though, I'm glad we'll at least get to see She-Ra in it.

Heroic Warrior
    The most important absence of this comic book is that of Skeletor's and Evil-Lyn's. You can't have a MOTU ongoing without the major villains. It's like to try an X-Men movie without Magneto and Mystique. And with the series ending, we missed the opportunity to see Skelly's reaction to the news about his brother's death, and all the changes that occured on Eternia, while he was gone Or Evil-Lyn's reaction when she would learn that Teela is the new Sorceress. So much wasted potential.
    Last edited by granamyr80; June 18, 2014 at 07:11am.

Widget
    I just finished reading everything published so far up to issue 12 (twice). I also read this whole thread. Thought I'd share my comments and pros/cons.

Overall, I really really enjoyed it and will continue to pick up monthly, which seems to go against most people posting here.

+ great stories and plot. I also love that each arc has something happen to move the story forward, including the DC crossover (which surprised me as I expected it to be a standalone story). No throwaway issues here. I even wonder if they are moving thru the plot too fast.
    + I like that most plot lines aren't going unanswered for too long. A hint is dropped in an issue and you think "how did know that" or "how are they going to explain this away?" And then 3 or 6 issues later it is addressed and always in a good way.
    + Mahn's art is good, but I thought art in issues 7-10 was excellent. I'm surprised so many people didn't like it.
    + Abnett's writing and dialogue were excellent. I really hope he is put on the book permanently.

- Giffen's dialogue, especially combat banter or Adam/Teela bickering.
    - Armor changes. Bring back the classic looks please. Also, not even an explanation for Teela's and Stratos' armor changes.

The most important absence of this comic book is that of Skeletor's and Evil-Lyn's. You can't have a MOTU ongoing without the major villains. It's like to try an X-Men movie without Magneto and Mystique. And with the series ending, we missed the opportunity to see Skelly's reaction to the news about his brother's death, and all the changes that occured on Eternia, while he was gone Or Evil-Lyn's reaction when she would learn that Teela is the new Sorceress. So much wasted potential.
    Yeah but seriously there are so many villians in the x men universe that its silly to always have Mystique and Magneto in every stupid movie.

I'm sure the writers will bring in Evil Lyn and Skeletor. A magical battle between Evil Lyn and Teela could be interesting stuff.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the fact they have shaken up the villian cast a bit. Showcasing Hordak and the Horde makes sense, given the fact that Adora is part of the storyline. And I think this incarnation of King Hsss is the best version of all the MOTU canons, so I am glad we got to read it. I'm sure Skeletor and Evil-Lyn will be back, but it's cool to see He-Man take on the other big bad guys.

I am surprised no one is mentioning that Adora is holding the sword that killed King Grayskull. Why does she have that cursed blade?

6 more days until the next issue!

- - - Updated - - -

Preview of Issue #14

Last edited by Tallstar; June 20, 2014 at 10:03am.

Heroic Warrior
    This preview is awesome!!!!! The art is fantastic and the narration is also good! I loved the parallel story of Saryn and Adora. It has some element from a Greek tragedy (Erinyes/Guilt). And the last panel with Battle Cat and Preternia disguise He-Man (kind of) is mind blowing! Good work from Pop Mhan and Dan Abnett!

I'm not sure what the point of wearing a disguise is when riding Battle Cat.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Perhaps is not a disguise. Maybe is just a cloak for protecting himself against the elements. Or he is wearing it as a sign of mourning.

Perhaps is not a disguise. Maybe is just a cloak for protecting himself against the elements. Or he is wearing it as a sign of mourning.
    I was thinking along those lines, too. His face is pretty exposed.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    I'm wondering if Saryn is being chased by King Grayskull who's soul has come back as a vengeful spirit to torment her. While Adora/Despara could be having the recurring "ancient dreams" as torment for her past deeds and as a means to encourage her to go to Anwat Gar and seek her redemption (or doom).
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior
    Seems like after a crappy start, this comic finally is starting to look good, it's great to see He-man so well presented

I had the same thought, but that pic is SO cool, I do not care!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

That preview looks awesome, really looking forward to reading this

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Maybe the cloak is to keep him warm while travelling through the countryside. I say this as Adora is wearing a cloak (poncho) too.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

DC Comics' Facebook page has the preview up for Issue #15

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8563484&type=1