Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    http://bit.ly/101o1sn

sounds epic !
    Great! I am in

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Did sales go down? No, they went up. It is not a screw up if there is an audience buying it.
    Sorry you dont like it though.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...-analysis.html
    Instead of referencing a puff piece citing only generalities, I think it's more informative to actually look at the sales data:

http://comicsbeat.com/dc-comics-mont...-october-2012/

What becomes clear here when you actually look at the numbers is that virtually all of the DC titles are losing ground each month, even things like Batman. There was a big surge with folks trying out the new 52, but since then there has been a consistent drop off across the board. It is better than the sales were before the re-boot, but the fact that it appears none of the titles are gaining ground or even really holding it is not a reason to raise the "mission accomplished" sign. A flagship title like Justice League lost 40% in the past year, and 11% just in the past 6 months. If you don't hold onto the new readers, it isn't going to be long before sales are right back where they were. Now, I do think the idea of getting away from the big events and concentrating on the ongoing series is a long overdue and solid strategy, but that could have been done without the big re-do.

Come back in a couple of years and look at sales, then we can see how big a success the new 52 was.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Okay, lets park this discussion for a couple of years then.
    All I wanted to point out that you cant claim it is a screw up (yet) just as you say that it is to early that it is a success.
    I think DC is happy with the current sales though if you point out they are still higher than before the reboot, allthough declining. Hopefully they will think of something to give it an impulse again. Lets hope the new MOTU comic will benefit from it.

Have we seen any glimpses of the Dodson cover art for issue 1 yet? That image looks 100% Benes to me...

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Totally loving Teela's various outfits for this new DC MOTU comic series. Also glad to see this more adult fan take on MOTU will get to continue with it's life span for a little longer. Now that'll no longer be confined to a mini-series, I'm interested to see what the expanded world for these characters can be.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I hope they release the Digital comics in a TPB at some point.
    That would be sweet. I never really liked digital comics. I love holding the comic, smelling it, rolling around on the floor with it....wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Have we seen any glimpses of the Dodson cover art for issue 1 yet? That image looks 100% Benes to me...
    Everyone seems to copy everyone else artwise nowadays. I could care less who draws it, as long as the art looks good and isn't an eyesore.

It's just like the one gentleman who was trying to say Al Rio ripped him off for drawing a She-Ra upskirt buttshot once. The funny thing is, artists have been drawing She-Ra like that (and worse, Rule 34) for years now. Art concepts aren't original anymore.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Heroic Warrior
    Looking forward to the ongoing series!

This series was really losing steam with me until the Despara storyline kicked it up a notch. I think this should be a fun series going forward with the memory-loss stuff out of the way.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Is this the cover of issue 2 or a variant cover of issue 1? It doesn't really look like the Dodsons, they usually make the women look stunning.

I love Despara ! Can't wait to read!

Heroic Warrior
    Despara is the best new addition to the mythos since King Grayskull from the 200x series. Cannot wait to see more of her!

Adora doesn't look good with short hair. Just my opinion, but I am interested to see this new darker version of the origin of She-Ra.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Despara is the best new addition to the mythos since King Grayskull from the 200x series. Cannot wait to see more of her!
    Despara is one fierce gal.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    And Dreago-Man too.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Is the Dodson version of the cover art for #1 viewable yet? I haven't see it anywhere...thanks!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Is the Dodson version of the cover art for #1 viewable yet? I haven't see it anywhere...thanks!
    No one has yet. The cover above is for the second issue.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Will any of the digital one shot comics make it to paper? I've held of buying the digital format incase it does. Thanks!

Why isn't Skeletor there? Is he the one who dies?
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Quote Originally Posted by O'hartley View Post
    Why isn't Skeletor there? Is he the one who dies?

Skeletor was disguised in Flutterina this day

Forgive my ignorance... But can someone please give me the rundown on who Despara is in detail? I don't care about being spoiled as I most likely will not be reading the digital comics... I have gotten bits and pieces about who she is here in this thread but I want the full bio as it stands at this point in time... I am intrigued.

It's Adora during The Secret of The Sword time in her life.

...except she's doing a lot more damage than just ordering around Leech, Catra and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    wow SOTS 2.0 !

Red Teela is back and very sexy .
    agreed. sexiest thing though? and im sure this is just the way my eye reads the details but.. her freckles. freckled redhead is win

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    as far as i know Despara has been widely accepted as a new take on Adora's horde ties, and to me it's a fantastic addition. familiar story but brand new elements, that's what I want more of.
    so much agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

gotta say. im an adult now and though i always loved he man as is and respect the goodness and peace, i am ready and happy to see some blood shed. not rampant murder of beloed characters with he man drinking blood and tearing of faces or anything. but with swords comes wounds and true battle. i was very happy to see he man use his sword like a sword.

this comic could be exactly the story i want in a comic. a more adult or mature tellin, with real stakes. not all gritty and dark, no. but warriors fighting against a real threat the way warriors fight.

been great so far. here is to bigger and better things.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    Is this the cover of issue 2 or a variant cover of issue 1? It doesn't really look like the Dodsons, they usually make the women look stunning.

http://i.imgur.com/Fb2wKoP.jpg
    Who's the guy in the bottom left?

Edit: never mind. Based on the tail wrapped around He-Man, it's Whiplash. Thanks, everybody!
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.