Thread: is the time for a adam / he-man-same actor?

is the time for a adam / he-man-same actor?

the visual-effect that they made to chris evan for captain america is amazing , first he looks thin, small and weak and then he looks super powerful.
    I think it would be great for adam/he-man ,the same actor playing both characters with this tecnology

what do you think?

Last edited by heavy-eternium; March 23, 2011 at 08:29pm.

Yeah, I was thinking about this whilst watching the trailer just now. The effect is very well done. Maybe this will inspire Sony.

While I've always preferred Prince Adam to basically be He-Man without powers(plus a tan), I'm not sure how well it will work in something other than a cartoon. Based on the picture above and from what I saw in the trailer, Captain America's effects just look unrealistic & creepy(sorta like all of those Robert Zemeckis motion capture animated movies). I'll settle for MYP's take on Prince Adam unless they can get the cgi to look better.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

i do not know if that's "traditional" CGI,i think it's a technique where you can gain or lose "weight" a person

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    i do not know if that's "traditional" CGI,i think it's a technique where you can gain or lose weight a person
    Maybe I'm wrong and my eyes are just playing tricks on me, but it looks like his head was put on another person's body. While it looks better than it would have 30 years ago, it doesn't look natural to me.

EDIT: This is from 8 months ago, but according to this, you are right...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164...is-evans.jhtml

...That's probably why it looks odd to me since it is somewhat similar to motion capture. They film an actor and animate it in production. While this isn't technically animated, by shrinking & altering his body, it isn't really live action either. Like I said above, it definitely looks better than it would have years ago, but I think they have a ways to go before it looks perfect. Even Avatar, for all its acclaim, featured realistic looking backgrounds but the aliens themselves never looked 100% "real" imo. As great as the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park looked almost 20 years ago, humans(or human-like creatures) still come off odd looking on film.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 24, 2011 at 12:35am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong and my eyes are just playing tricks on me, but it looks like his head was put on another person's body. While it looks better than it would have 30 years ago, it doesn't look natural to me.

EDIT: This is from 8 months ago, but according to this, you are right...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164...is-evans.jhtml

...That's probably why it looks odd to me since it is somewhat similar to motion capture. They film an actor and animate it in production. While this isn't technically animated, by shrinking & altering his body, it isn't really live action either. Like I said above, it definitely looks better than it would have years ago, but I think they have a ways to go before it looks perfect. Even Avatar, for all its acclaim, featured realistic looking backgrounds but the aliens themselves never looked 100% "real" imo. As great as the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park looked almost 20 years ago, humans(or human-like creatures) still come off odd looking on film.
    thanks for this article
    Not the ideal way but I think perhaps the best way possible so that the same actor plays the 2 roles. i want the same actor

I think is this technique below

Movie mayhem!
    I think the technique they use in cap america looks great and could def be a possibility for this movie

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar

the physical changes

someone had a thread a long time ago about how there is a new technology that you can make a person fat, tall, skinny or otherwise on film. I think they even had the sketchy video of it.

well, now with the budget, it seems that it can be easily done:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/brawny-...194607211.html

they did not use the "ben buttons" effects in captain america, they used this new technology!!!!!

what do you guys think about this for he-man?

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    sweet! thats what i was looking for!

Based solely on what I've seen in the trailers, "skinny Steve Rogers" looks pretty creepy & unrealistic. Now it may not be the technology itself and just the way the people behind the Captain America movie used it(it might even be due to the fact that I know what Chris Evans really looks like), but where it stands now, I wouldn't want that used for a possible MOTU movie.

JOIN THE GROUP...

that is the same visual effects that Tron Legacy did with "Clue's" character they used a stand in and Jeff Bridges did all the same movements as the stand in wearing the digital balls on his face to make him look younger. If they put a good enopugh budget on the movie then yes I totally agree.

Court Magician
    I hope they don't use this for He-Man. I actually like the whole secret identity angle, and that would become a problem if Adam and He-Man have exactly the same face.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think there can be enough CGI done that would throw people off and make Prince Adam and He-man appear as two different people.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I was trepidacious of the effect in the Captain America: The First Avenger trailer but it looks great in the movie. I would like to see something similar for He-Man.

The idea of Adam and He-Man being played by two separate actors wouldn't really work for me. But, I wouldn't want He-Man and Adam looking so alike that it's ridiculous that the other characters can't put two and two together. Maybe when he changes to He-Man, the power makes it so other characters can't tell the difference between the two. Just thought of that. Hmmm. Neat.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

New Movie News & Rumors Thread

I think Adam and He-Man should be played by the same person and knock the secret ID on the head. I don't think a dual identity will work in the film.

They could use the transformation sequence as a power up type of thing even something he does in front of Skeletor. So no secret ID
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I think Adam and He-Man should be played by the same person and knock the secret ID on the head. I don't think a dual identity will work in the film.

They could use the transformation sequence as a power up type of thing even something he does in front of Skeletor. So no secret ID
    Agreed. Just like the current comic book version.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

Well, I think it would be missing something if He-Man didn't have a secret ID… at least, in the beginning. But later in the series, when all Eternia is at war, I agree there's no use to keep his powers secret. He could even reveal himself as He-Man in the middle of a battle, in front of his lethally wounded father, who used to judge him frivolous… The dramatic impact would be worth it.