Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCS New 1:4 He-Man Mixed Media Statue

PCS New 1:4 He-Man Mixed Media Statue

Teased in today's newsletter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Looks really good from what we can see. I would really like to collect this and the filmation line, and will try to do so. But a few concerns. Being mixed media, these are sure to be more expensive, I can pretty much guarantee it. Look for these to sell a lot faster than the filmation line. Shouldn't be street fighter crazy, but not used to what we're seeing with PCS and MOTU. This also might spell doom for the filmation line 1. Not sure if the sales are what Jerry expected to begin with. 2. Alot of people who might have bought just certain characters from the filmation line will just wait for these.3. The mixed media crowd seems to be more vocal ( atleast on the statueforum) so Im sure Jerry will focus on what creates the most buzz.

It will be interesting to see if this has any effect on Man At Arms sales tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    Looks really good from what we can see. I would really like to collect this and the filmation line, and will try to do so. But a few concerns. Being mixed media, these are sure to be more expensive, I can pretty much guarantee it. Look for these to sell a lot faster than the filmation line. Shouldn't be street fighter crazy, but not used to what we're seeing with PCS and MOTU. This also might spell doom for the filmation line 1. Not sure if the sales are what Jerry expected to begin with. 2. Alot of people who might have bought just certain characters from the filmation line will just wait for these.3. The mixed media crowd seems to be more vocal ( atleast on the statueforum) so Im sure Jerry will focus on what creates the most buzz.

It will be interesting to see if this has any effect on Man At Arms sales tomorrow.
    You are so paranoid. Jerry just said "Overall the MOTU line is doing great." What more do you want?

Also, why would they be that much more expensive? The Street Fighter stuff is mixed media and priced about the same. No? I assume we will see less elaborate bases. Also, I don't think Classic Media is involved in the licensing of these so perhaps that also helps?

Personally, I can't wait to see some villains in this format!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    You are so paranoid. Jerry just said "Overall the MOTU line is doing great." What more do you want?

Also, why would they be that much more expensive? The Street Fighter stuff is mixed media and priced about the same. No? I assume we will see less elaborate bases. Also, I don't think Classic Media is involved in the licensing of these so perhaps that also helps?

Personally, I can't wait to see some villains in this format!
    Thats what drugs will do to you. We shall see, hope you're right. One things for sure, it will be really expensive to keep up with 2 lines. Or this will effect the pace of the filmation line, either by putting these up for order in between, or factory backups.

Oh yeah !

this is 10 times better than the filmation variant !

and I smeel some 4h influence/inspiration in this....sounds promising
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

I'm liking this design quite a bit so far. The shield, axe, and armor straps look exactly like the vintage toy! I want a good look at the sword. While I'm picky about the face, this one looks promising.

I would buy this in a heart beat if it was a Faker statue.

So are these going to be more "real" in design?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    So are these going to be more "real" in design?
    Don't know if "real" is the word i would use. I would definitely say more "detailed" though.
    Last edited by RadicalThrasher; September 28, 2014 at 07:32pm.

Looks good. Can't wait to see more.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Looks good. Can't wait to see more.
    I agree, I'm sure these will look awesome. It'll also be cool if he makes some characters that are more obscure and couldn't make with the filmation line.

This is looking really cool. I doubt I'll get it, though. I've got all the other statues and the busts coming. LOL. But I think this will fulfill the wishes of those who wanted a statue but didn't necessarily want Filmation.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Very cool indeed!!!! I cannot wait to see more!!!!

I wonder like others have mentioned if this will space out the PCS Filmation statues in the future by being mixed in or if this will be in addition to those on a quarterly release.......

My heart says bring on more faster but my wallet says slow down

Regardless, I will NOT be able to pass on these in any release schedule!!!!!!! TOO COOL

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Really cool but I am wondering how much of them they will produce. Like the same they are producing in Filmation ?
    All of them they collect statue we will run out of space
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Yep, I'm excited for this. Glad I held back in ordering the Filmation ones. A Skeletor one done in this style could look phenomenal. As this He-Man statue looks like their He-Man bust, I imagine a Skeletor one would look like the Skeletor bust. That would be a sight to behold.

Eamon, of (or formerly of??) these very boards had a hand in helping them design this statue.

I hope they give the harness a nice leathery texture.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Eamon, of (or formerly of??) these very boards had a hand in helping them design this statue.

I hope they give the harness a nice leathery texture.
    Formerly of??

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Formerly of??
    I am not sure if he participates on these boards anymore, that's all.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Really digging this statue, looks awesome, in a way i wish this line came out before the filmation line but im hooked on the filmation line now anyway.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

New He-Man & Battle Cat diorama teased by Pop Culture Shock

From PCS:

Below is a sneak at a Diorama we will be debuting at Wondercon in April. Its still in sculpture phase but we thought you might like to know its coming.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Widget
    this looks awesome!

Love the most recent tease in the PCS newsletter. Looks really cool.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Battle-Cat looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Battle-Cat looks great.
    I agree. Looks really tough. Can't wait to see more from WonderCon in April.

Damn you pcs. I only wanted 1 heman. Now I have to rethink this.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Heroic Warrior
    I believe that this is going to be a fantastic sculpture, much, much better than the Filmation one! He-Man fully armed with sword, shield and most important the battle axe, and with Battle Cat at his side, are looking like they came from a classic 80's Sword and Sorcery poster. Really i' m excited to see the final product!