Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Teela got front!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Woo-hoo! I'm SO glad we're seeing more of MOTU, Despera and SHE-RA! Also, I'm glad to see Teela is a red head again. Too many blondes are running around.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Aww yeah!

Despara!
    Real Teela!
    Ongoing!

The death better be a Sticky Fingers-esque character though. I hope they don't follow Classics I like having MAA on the cover & warrior Teela. Screw Clamp Champ's promotion.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I just can't wait to see what new characters they're going to introduce. As a lot of people would have seen from the bigger DC comics thread the newest cover for issue 6 has Fang-Man on it. Would love to see more Filmation characters appearing.

Court Magician
    Honestly... is there a better 2014 Sub-Figure other than Despara?

I hate when they kill characters off for shock and awe...and "buy our issue!!!!" type of advertising. I mean, they killed off a character in the Despera one-shot which really ****** me off! See spoilers below:

They killed off Flutterina. She didn't even get a name attached to her or speaking parts, just a sword through the gut and tossed aside like a sack of waste. In the Filmation cartoon, she got TWO origin episodes! She even has her own mini-comic. She wasn't treated with respect at all. I LOVED everything about the Despera issue except for their treatment of Flutterina. It's not 100% confirmed she is dead (they COULD bring her back), but later in the issue Despera said how many people were killed and how many held captive, so things look very bleak...especially because they're killing someone else off in this new issue!

I would enjoy more story, less gimmicks (like heaving bossoms with plunging cleavage about to fall out and killing off major characters each issue).

I'm still very excited about the series, but they need to either stop killing off characters or build up to it and give the characters SOME story, depth and speaking parts, so their deaths aren't meaningless and throwaway.

I'm also looking forward to MGM's reaction to the disappearance of blonde haired Teela.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Who should Despara take out next?

You can run, but you can't hide...

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    This is fantastic news, something I've been hoping for since the launch of the six part comic series. I wonder what's in store for MOTU next?

Ick, that art. Teela's chest is like one enormous fused uniboob.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

^

Hey Darkspecter, on the spoiler front, since I'm holding off on reading the six issue series & have not read the digitals...do you think the spoiler you listed will be 'fixed'? Will the timeline go back? I hope so.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

The comic books have been really good! I'm hoping we'll enjoy the same quality product when it switches to an ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm also looking forward to MGM's reaction to the disappearance of blonde haired Teela.

I have a feeling she'll be back. Maybe NA Teela will make an appearance, complete with purple and pink outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    ^

Hey Darkspecter, on the spoiler front, since I'm holding off on reading the six issue series & have not read the digitals...do you think the spoiler you listed will be 'fixed'? Will the timeline go back? I hope so.
    I really hope so! If not, there could be a way around what happened...

I don't fully remember the Filmation episode at the moment, but the "Small One" (who was pretty much a slave) went into a cocoon and when she emerged, she was Flutterina. They could do something like this with Flutterina. She was wounded very badly and cocooned herself to heal and emerge more powerful. I think that would be cool. She'd also have a bone to pick with Despera.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...uy2/t0hq3t.gif

I have a feeling she'll be back. Maybe NA Teela will make an appearance, complete with purple and pink outfit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...y2/nateela.jpg
    I love NA Teela (although I WISH she was NA She-Ra ). Honestly though, I think they're getting rid of blonde Teela because of everything we talked about when the series first started: we didn't know if she was Teela or She-Ra. So, to remove the confusion, they gave Teela back her red hair. That's my guess. Plus, it's having the three main heroes having blonde hair and NO red heads (which was unique), just seems silly to me. I mean, what is this, the Aryan race comic? (blonde hair, blue eyes).

Hordak looks terrible on that cover (not that I think anybody else looks much better, mind you).

Great news, looking forward to it!
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

AWESOME. I'm amazed that we are getting new MOTU fiction. That's just amazing. Too bad it's not everyone's cup of tea. I wish everyone could be as happy as I am about this. Ongoing MOTU stories in 2013.... So freakin cool.

Glad to see the return of red haired Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Hordak looks terrible on that cover (not that I think anybody else looks much better, mind you).

That's not Hordak. It's Despara. I should gift that one to you...lol

Looks like we've had confirmation that the digital comic #8 wasn't a re-telling of Secret of the Sword after all.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    THIS LOOKS AMAAAAAAAYZING! He-Man Vs. Despera! Big-Boob Teela, NOW WITH RED HAIR!
    Yes, it looks like my whinging actually paid off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really good news!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    And that's an Ed Benes Teela if ever I saw one.
    I'm surprised he didn't twist her waist all the way around so he could do a full butt shot too...

Awesome news! I've somewhat enjoyed the storyline. My only gripe is it has dragged on a little too long to finally get to He-Man. I've loved the art.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm gonna go shoot somebody...

No, but I'm not too fused. Teela has history as a blonde AND a redhead, so I'm glad that Teela has had some "screentime" with her original hair color.

I do hope they EXPLAIN why she's suddenly got red hair all of a sudden. Maybe she switches up from time to time.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Despara figure = Yes please! (new scary Horde member...what's not to love)

Hybrid Tella = Yes Please! (she is the best of both worlds...long red hair with a bikini, thought I think this one looks more bad ass)

Chain mail jock He-Man = Yes Please!

Regardless of how we, individualy, feel about the comic, I would think we all can agree it's great to see He-Man & MOTU back in the lime light! This, I would think, is a great, if not the best, way to "reintroduce He-Man & MOTU back into "main stream". All the licensing products have been great but I think the comic will really make an impact for a resurgence of interest in He-Man & MOTU.

It's great to see, also, how they are "reintroducing" She-Ra. As a BAD ASS KILLER! I think this will give She-Ra more mainstream appeal; tragic but true. I think the "death" of one of the most frilly, girlie characters of She-Ra POP, makes sense. Hear me out...I just see alot of hesitation, in regards to male fans, with She-Ra because of the ultra femminie marketing i.e. colors, characters, toys, etc. Looking at her right now...she's a scary looking Horde killer! She gets cool points...she gets the male vote because you see her hard scary side FIRST. Not as Force Captian Adora. When you compare Force Captian Adora to other Horde members, she is not menacing enough to be "taken seriously".

I am sure at some point we'll see the She-Ra we "know" all-be-it a bit more hard-core; no doubt! As a She-Ra POP fan it does my childish heart good to see She-Ra & He-Man wrapped into one story again! They didn't have to include her....but they did!!

Also, if the story line goes well we may see a mini-series from She-Ra POP, and if THAT goes well maybe her own monthly too.

Regardless if we end up with 2 or 1 title(s) it's AWESOME to see He-Man along with She-Ra getting some much needed "mainstream" love!

That art is AWESOME! Good times!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    They had to. It's how her mom looks in the comic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...669C0C982B.jpg
    Now THAT is my kind of continuity!

Not crazy about there not being any mention of Dave Wilkins, though, but THRILLED they're picking up with the Despera story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I do hope they EXPLAIN why she's suddenly got red hair all of a sudden. Maybe she switches up from time to time.
    Girls do do that, so it might be best if they just keep to a simple explanation like this.

Also, I haven't loved the 6 issue series, but it's still damn fun to get new MOTU entertainment every month for just a few bucks. However I HAVE loved the digital comics, which is why I'm so excited that that's the story they're going with.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.