Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

I don't have much problem with the preview. The problem with the dress gear it's a bit too detailed, Adams borrows from the classic/vintage Adam look. The metal in the outfits gives it too much detail and like was said kind of makes you wonder why they aren't wearing something similar in battle. Of course it's always kind of been an odd issue with some characters wearing more armor than others.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I read this issue today, and really enjoyed it! I'd definitely recommend it to everyone! Much better flow than the last series imo

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I would imagine that a major change for Teela's hair color change is to set her apart more visually from She-ra. Plus I imagine the red hair is more "iconic" for most.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfighter View Post
    I read this issue today, and really enjoyed it! I'd definitely recommend it to everyone! Much better flow than the last series imo
    where you buy it?not present on comixology today!
    ULTIMO MUTOC ACQUISTATO:
    demo-man
    sto leggendo:
    the new 52
    Progetto 18 il mio blog http://progettodiciotto.blogspot.com/

Read the first issue, really enjoyed it, love the fact they addressed Teela changing her hair colour after the hoo ha on here over BG Teela

Did seem a bit weird when she started getting changed in the corridor though.

Won't say what it is for those that haven't seen it, but that last page opens at least one major question regarding this new continuity
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I guess this isn't out yet on Comixology? I can't find it there.

Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    where you buy it?not present on comixology today!
    I work in a comic book store, and we got the delivery of tomorrow's comics today

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    With the impression I get from MOTUC as it is I wouldn't put it in the likely category. Though if the movie actually gets made then I could imagine some comic figures could see their way to getting made.
    I think this comic book series IS the 'movie'. Seeing as how the potential movie project has been in the 'pre-production' stages since 2006 and keeps bouncing to different production companies I'd say it isn't going to be happening.

And, really, I'd rather it not. It'd probably turn into what 'Bayformers' is.

I prefer the comic book series. Hollywood would just make 'creative' changes to everything. Here with the DC book, things still look familiar enough while at the same time injecting something new.

I'd rather there never be a 21st century movie. It wouldn't be done for what the fans want, it would be done for what Hollywood execs would want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Read the first issue, really enjoyed it, love the fact they addressed Teela changing her hair colour after the hoo ha on here over BG Teela
    It didn't bother me she was blonde for awhile to start with. Actually, Teela was blonde in one or more of the original mini comics in 1981 when the concepts of MOTU were being freshly created.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I think this comic book series IS the 'movie'. Seeing as how the potential movie project has been in the 'pre-production' stages since 2006 and keeps bouncing to different production companies I'd say it isn't going to be happening.
    Yeah, that's what they call, "development hell." That's where scripts go to die.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Yeah, that's what they call, "development hell." That's where scripts go to die.
    Yes, but we have to remember that each time the movie rights go to a new studio it is essentially "reset" and they then start from scratch. I think this time with Sony Pictures and Jon Chu it may actually happen, finally. I, for one, would love a MOTU movie. I think it’s what the brand needs. But that's another discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yes, but we have to remember that each time the movie rights go to a new studio it is essentially "reset" and they then start from scratch. I think this time with Sony Pictures and Jon Chu it may actually happen, finally. I, for one, would love a MOTU movie. I think it’s what the brand needs. But that's another discussion.
    I agree 100%. I would bet we see a MOTU movie at SOME POINT in the next 15 years, but I wouldn't want to be more specific than that.

Well, I ordered my subscription this afternoon. I'm a bit excited.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Well, if the scripts didn't keep sucking there may have been a new movie by now. We are talking about the same guy (Justin Marks) who wrote a Voltron movie script with the entire thing set on a present day Earth and robot fights in the big city ala 'Bayformers'.

But, give me the new DC comic over a 'Yutzywood' movie any day.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It's a comic book. Who says resurrections can't happen? If enough fans complained about Teela's blonde hair (IF that was the cause for the change), then enough fans complaining can get the Sorceress resurrected.

But she still is unaware that her mother was the Sorceress. Even Duncan doesn't know why she changed her hair. Only Teela knows why and she isn't giving a reason -- that's why it seems so meta. She can't come out and say that she changed up her hair due to fan complaints without breaking the fourth wall like Deadpool or She-Hulk.
    eh, I doubt they changed it b/c of 'fan complaints'. Probably more to due with She-Ra coming in, and they didn't want two blondes.
    But I really like those panels...very amusing, and gives a reason for the hair colour change that is funny, in line with her characterization, and her overall history. Well done. =)

UGH!!! Have they really gone and made Ram Man a dwarf again??!? (damnyou FILMATION!)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Gosh...

So, Teela claims she hated the Sorceress, and that her death doesn't change that. If Giffen WANTS her to become increasingly unlikeable, he's doing a good job. I'll stick with that oh-so campy Filmation cartoon and its "Teela's Quest" episode, instead.
    And never mind that she undresses down to her underwear on the floor right in front of Duncan, Adam and Dekker.

Nice bit about Randor doing lengthy speeches. Love that as well as the inclusion of the 'H' symbol.

The farmer's kids really get killed. Awesome, that's what I ALWAYS wanted to read in a MotU comic...

I like the artwork. H.R. Giger's Hordak still is horrible though, and he sometimes even looks more female than Despara.

So despite the dual identity being no secret anymore, Adam still has to run away to transform because the transforming energy takes alot of free space? Eh, fine for whoever needed that explaination while we were left with a miniseries full of plot holes.

I guess that issue 2 will adress how Teela knows what Adam's twin sister looks like despite her being robbed as a baby. As a cliffhanger for this issue however, her recognizing Adora doesn't make sense, IMO.

I guess I'm never gonna be a huge fan of the "modern DC Masters". At least despite all the stuff I didn't like, this issue still feels a better read than the miniseries.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; April 17, 2013 at 05:08am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    With the impression I get from MOTUC as it is I wouldn't put it in the likely category. Though if the movie actually gets made then I could imagine some comic figures could see their way to getting made.

And, really, I'd rather it not. It'd probably turn into what 'Bayformers' is.

I prefer the comic book series. Hollywood would just make 'creative' changes to everything. Here with the DC book, things still look familiar enough while at the same time injecting something new.

I'd rather there never be a 21st century movie. It wouldn't be done for what the fans want, it would be done for what Hollywood execs would want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    It didn't bother me she was blonde for awhile to start with. Actually, Teela was blonde in one or more of the original mini comics in 1981 when the concepts of MOTU were being freshly created.
    Yeah, I know she was, I'm a big fan of BG Teela, have been since the original DC series. The hoo ha was the fact that her bio didn't address her hair colour, instead of, you know, more story!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I like it ... but I'm really open mindes

I like Dekker showing up. I like the whole red-hair-grumpy-teela thing. But I'm not sure about her undressing – I think they want to show how "buddy-male-warrior-ish" she is. But ... she's hot ...

Hordak is strange ... bu I hope to get an explanation in his origin.

So overall I'mm happy - but it's way too short.

Klemens

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Not bad, Hordak is interesting, I wonder if he'll have a body later on this series. The conversations between Despara and Hordak (minus the father daughter stuff) were similar to conversations between Evil-Lyn and Skeletor from before - so its nothing new and just a re-hash.

I hate Teela's attitude - yes Teela is fiesty and has always been, but she had respect and some class in previous incarnations - this one just has an awful attitide problem and the "banter" between her and Adam is again painful and hard to read.

Really liking Despera though and how ruthless she is. Liking the new outfits too, nice to see Dekker in there. Also hoping that Sorceress can be resurrected somehow.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I hate Teela's attitude - yes Teela is fiesty and has always been, but she had respect and some class in previous incarnations - this one just has an awful attitide problem and the "banter" between her and Adam is again painful and hard to read.
    I agree, the dialogue between Teela and Adam (and MAA) is plain abysmal. Giffen is trying too hard to be witty, yet the result is pretty tedious and embarassing.

The Horde scenes, on the other hand, were rather good and I quite like Hordak's monstrous new look.

The biggest disappointment however was to see that the Adam persona, which is utterly useless at this point, has nonetheless prevailed and that Teela dyed her hair once more.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I love the relationship between Adam and teela in these comics, funny, life-long friends.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    eh, I doubt they changed it b/c of 'fan complaints'. Probably more to due with She-Ra coming in, and they didn't want two blondes.
    But I really like those panels...very amusing, and gives a reason for the hair colour change that is funny, in line with her characterization, and her overall history. Well done. =)
    I seriously doubt that's the reason. That would be a bit silly. Though we can't say for certain if part of the reason why Teela changed her hair was due to fans reaction, that panel did seem very meta with MAA's reaction to the colour change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the first issue of the ongoing serie! Art and Story are much stronger now IMO!

I also like the new look of hordak!

Does anyone know where there is a summary of what happened in the mini series so I can get caught up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericius View Post

I like Dekker showing up. I like the whole red-hair-grumpy-teela thing. But I'm not sure about her undressing – I think they want to show how "buddy-male-warrior-ish" she is. But ... she's hot ...

I think it might be that she hates formal wear. I got that idea by how she started undressing as she Adam, Duncan and Dekker were walking down the hall. Teela was probably getting out of that formal outfit as fast as she could and back into her warrior wear. I hate dressing up in formal/dress clothes too.

Yeah, the damn thing is ALWAYS too short!!! Always leaves me wanting more already, the same with the other titles I read.

I thought this installment was pretty good. Hordak's appearance is still a bit off from what I'm used to seeing, but whatever. It looks like in this incarnation the writers are depicting Hordak as a chaotic hellish devil god. Fine with me. Horde Prime was always stupid anyways. I've always thought Hordak should be the master of the Horde, not a second in command.

The first attack from the Horde and the ensuing carnage is logical and realistic. This version of the Horde are definitely going to live up to the terror and fear they supposedly inspired in the Filmation version (more like lack of inspiring terror) but actually bring it in spades.

I look forward to further issues.
    (Hordak Alpha))