Thread: Check this fella out

Heroic Warrior

Check this fella out

I think he would be great as He-man,.

PLEASE EMBED ALL YOUTUBE VIDEOS. THANKS

Yep. Sold!
    Huge muscles.- Check
    Handsome.- Check
    Can act.-Is that even a prerequisite for He-man?

Throw a chest harness and furry undies on this guy and he totally looks like he could be the most powerful man in the universe.

Or at least kick a lot of but.

I think he looks too old.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I see what you mean about old, but I've always seen He-man as a old timey type star like Gregory peck, or Charlton Heston not in body size, but in 'feel',
    Rather than what's considered a cool to a younger audience, like the guys from twilight

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Doesn't seem too old to me, I think he would work.

Uh...It looks like the video has been removed. Can someone give a name or a link pointing to the guy?
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

Heroic Warrior
    Haa sorry man I did it wrong, Im not great with technology( sorry mods)
    and now I can't find it on you tube

I see absolutely nobody..invisible pic?

Heroic Warrior
    Got it his names Michael O'Hearn check him out on you tube, he has a face book page too

He is 44, not old but not young enough either for MOTU movie property. Besides, IMO, I think it would be better to have an actor that do some body pumping instead of a Mr Olympian, WWF fighter or Mr Universe to reprise He-Man. Someone like Chris Hemsworth or Kellan Lutz, even when I don't see them as He-Man
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Here's the video, embedded (to do this, just click on the film strip icon in the tool bar above a new reply and then paste the link of the YouTube Video where it asks for it in the pop up box )

which fella are we supposed to be checking out?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Nah, sorry. I would prefer an actor. Anyone can develop a good physique. We don't need He-Man to look exactly like the vintage toy. I mean, to be fair, he does look like He-Man. No two ways about it. However, that shouldn't really be a condition of whoever they cast (hope that makes sense). The only kinds of characters I can see them casting body builders and the like to play would be characters like Trap-Jaw and Beastman. The main players, though (He-Man/Adam, Skeletor, Man at Arms etc), should always be actors first and foremost.

if in that video your referring to Mike O'Hearn. He is already too old and his acting is very mehhh. I don't think there is anyone that will fit the requirements to play He-Man.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

the only PRO bodybuilder that looks anything like heman is Jay Cutler..plain and simple..BUT you people have already voted against having someone with an actual "strongest man in the worlds" body..you even think Dolph looked the part..lol..sorry..but heman should be bodybuilder big..plain and simple..if you are going to make a movie after a toy line,..then make them look as it is..OR dont do it.

Big boy no doubt. The thing that stands out in my mind is that he doesn't fit the "Hollywood typecast mould" these days for films ~ i don't think MOTU would be an exception. But who knows...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Looks like a pretty good candidate to me. He definitely has the look and if he has decent acting chops then I'm sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    ...heman should be bodybuilder big..plain and simple
    Agreed. He-man should be freakishly huge (no cgi though).
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Looks like a pretty good candidate to me. He definitely has the look and if he has decent acting chops then I'm sold.Agreed. He-man should be freakishly huge (no cgi though).
    sweet..someone that agrees with me....i mean the acting is going to be taking a back seat anyways in a movie like this..so..might as well get the looks down..At least your sense of sight will be satisfied..

Exactly!! Any good director worth his true weight can pull good acting out of anyone who follows direction. He-man needs to be just that...HE-MAN! The guy needs to be a tank to be true to the character on screen...period. The very essence of He-man's concept was a hero that could whoop on any other and have an ultimate mans body. The very NAME would be insulted by anything other. It is a description in and of itself and nothing half baked will work or be recognized properly.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome, big is best guys, for me that was the selling point, all thoses years ago when I first saw He-Man in the toy shops, that WAS the gimmick !! All the other figures were star wars size, even the super heroes were only slightly athletic looking, He-man should be big, not Chris hemingsworth big, but Jay cutler BIG!!!, so when he's first revealed the viewers have that same sence of awe as we did when we first saw Arnolds Conan, that would be worth the admission fee alone

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Awesome, big is best guys, for me that was the selling point, all thoses years ago when I first saw He-Man in the toy shops, that WAS the gimmick !! All the other figures were star wars size, even the super heroes were only slightly athletic looking, He-man should be big, not Chris hemingsworth big, but Jay cutler BIG!!!, so when he's first revealed the viewers have that same sence of awe as we did when we first saw Arnolds Conan, that would be worth the admission fee alone
    awesome..im so glad a few others have my feelings on this..

Quote Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    sweet..someone that agrees with me....i mean the acting is going to be taking a back seat anyways in a movie like this..so..might as well get the looks down..At least your sense of sight will be satisfied..
    well, i disagree. i think the opposite approach should be taken. don't hire a bodybuilder and then hope you can get a good performance out of him. hire an actor and have him physically train for the part. why should acting take a back seat? i'm sorry, i would be pulled right out of the movie if the lead can't act. i would still be immersed in the story, however, even if the actor doesn't look like he's about to be crowned mr. universe.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Actually he auditioned for Superman Returns but didnt make the cut, despite having everyone impressed with how perfect he looked for the part.