Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Netossa Arrival Thread

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    That looks better than what we got, imo.
    I agree with you 100%
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Time to start a petition for a vintage netted cape to be included in a weapons pak! It looks absolutely great on her, better than the molded one!

She looks really good! Mine arrives Wednesday…can't wait! I'm already in love with her face sculpt…she should look fantastic in person!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Netossa with the vintage cape looks GREAT!

I'm getting two Netossa figures as I have two subs. One I'm keeping the same, but one I'm thinking of experimenting with. I don't have a vintage Netossa, but making her a net shouldn't be too difficult, I'd think. Even if I have to get some sort of white netting and dye it or paint it. I'm just not sure if I'll try to use the plastic frame this one comes with (and cut out the middle and replace with netting) or do something unique entirely. Using silver fabric (maybe with a wire in the bottom seam for posing) seems like a good idea.

Not sure if her head dress is right. Are those huge earrings. I feel it's missing something.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I must agree, the vintage fabric net-cape looks much better than the fly swatter they gave her in Classics.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    "Spear Chucker"- a term only known by hardcore idiots or the millions who watched the last season of The Walking Dead. Anyway, if anyone thinks a black person in a "sword and sorcery" setting shouldn't have a spear because it's not "PC"-- I'm sorry to inform you, but you are a reverse-racist. I wonder if they ever thought Indiana Jones or Simon Belmont wasn't PC?
    Wrong again my friend. You are all over the map with your "ideas". The term was around before Walking Dead. Go visit the site "urban dictionary" if you want to educate yourself.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    No. What I did was weave a coated wire (the ones used to hold toys into the package) through the bottom holes of the cape. Making it bendable/possible. Because the cape is a rubbery plastic I don't think the hair dryer method would work.
    That is a GREAT idea!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Wrong again my friend. You are all over the map with your "ideas". The term was around before Walking Dead. Go visit the site "urban dictionary" if you want to educate yourself.
    He never said the term was created on the Walking Dead.

The idea of it being racist, is rubbish anyway. The only way that could be the case is if the people wanting her to wield a spear didn't want Randor and Whiplash to keep theirs. As long as characters of various races wield spears, the oft draw card of racism has no leg to stand on.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Guys, let's keep this about Netossa. If you want to discuss whether something is a racial slur or not, please take it to the Tar Swamp.

I have to admit I've never been especially interested in the character, but all these arrival pics? She looks like a total badass and I'm really digging her more and more. And that face is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    MOTUC Netossa wearing the vintage Netossa cape.
    Wow, that looks amazing, such an improvement. I don't own the vintage figure, but I think i'll have to make a custom net for the Classics one now.

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    I have to admit I've never been especially interested in the character, but all these arrival pics? She looks like a total badass and I'm really digging her more and more. And that face is beautiful!

This. This makes me happy. I have faith that people who don't have much of an affinity for, or any nostalgia for, the old pop line or cartoon, will see that these characters are pretty awesome, and we have the 4H to thank for making people see the fun to be had in them!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

She displays really well! I'm loving this figure. I knew I liked her, but having her in hand she's blows me away.

The face is incredible. The Horsemen's female head sculpt don't always translate well in final figure form, but this is one of them. There's so much life and character to her.

I like the spear display wise, but since one of her weapons is a net, I always figured another would be a club. Afterall, once you have a net on someone, you don't want to take a blade to it cuz it'll cut/damage the net. Better to club them So despite the vintage having a sword, I always pictured a bo staff or a swinging mace. Then again, once the net is on and they're stabbed, it's probably game over anyway huh? LOL.

Also, I think she'd be a perfect nemesis for Spikor. Once there's a net on him he's screwed, with all those spikes he'll never get out of it. LOL

How old am I? Jeez.

least wanted pop girl but at least shes outta the way. spear is perfect if not so wrong too...she needs a trident ala gladiators: trident and net. will most likely do a repaint of another tou trident, or just make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    "Spear Chucker"- a term only known by hardcore idiots or the millions who watched the last season of The Walking Dead. Anyway, if anyone thinks a black person in a "sword and sorcery" setting shouldn't have a spear because it's not "PC"-- I'm sorry to inform you, but you are a reverse-racist. I wonder if they ever thought Indiana Jones or Simon Belmont wasn't PC?
    Holy moly! Of COURSE Indiana Jones isn't PC! Just because it's channeling a vintage source material doesn't mean it's immune to modern criticism!

She looks nice!

I'd like to go full gladiator style and grab a trident for her, if I can find one that doesn't make her look too aquatic themed standing there with fishing gear in blue and white. Maybe I can make a 2 pronged Etherian model. Which would be a...bident? Need more research. Maybe sculpt it to match her details.

I suppose she can hold whatever weapon she wants since half the purpose of a fighting net is to snatch the weapon out of an opponents hand. Probably has quite a collection at home.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Im not gonna buy a figure for 27$ without any accessories.

Since I never collected POP (my sister did and not for long) she seems to be a great character and addition, a female version of Clamp champ to an extent (a possible love interest as well). Now I know many are at odds with her not getting her headdress, and in some ways I feels it's missing as well; I wish they would styled her hair (maybe braided it) to give her head sculpt some flavor.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Wow, Netossa looks amazing with her 80's, fabric cape! I might have to try and make an extra one for her.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm really looking forward to getting Netossa; the pics are great!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

That vintage cape looks amazing on her. Is it bad when the vintage accessory looks better than the classics version?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Looking like a Tuesday arrival. In Australia!!