Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Netossa Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    That vintage cape looks amazing on her. Is it bad when the vintage accessory looks better than the classics version?
    Depends on how you feel about soft goods. Ideally it'd be nice to have both.

Also. very pleased i found a buyer for Netossa. Still not a fan, but i was too harsh calling her garbage. Just bummed about not getting Ram Man.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Also. very pleased i found a buyer for Netossa. Still not a fan, but i was too harsh calling her garbage. Just bummed about not getting Ram Man.
    We've waited 5 years. Another month won't kill us. Plus Ram Man and Jitsu in the same month?! I can't wait!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    We've waited 5 years. Another month won't kill us. Plus Ram Man and Jitsu in the same month?! I can't wait!
    February will indeed be awesome.

Any idea when King He-Man will ship? Going by the past, it will be in February or March.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I like the cape we got - think it looks pretty awesome. Can't wait for her arrival.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    February will indeed be awesome.

Any idea when King He-Man will ship? Going by the past, it will be in February or March.
    Ram Man, Jitsu, and King He-man in the same month would be action figure overload.....i LOVE it!!!

BTW, Netossa should be here by next monday. Making her cross country trek

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Ram Man, Jitsu, and King He-man in the same month would be action figure overload.....i LOVE it!!!
    We haven't heard anything about King He-Man's ship date, so I'm leaning toward a March ship date with Fang Man.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I like her current cape for display, but nothing wrong with getting some other nets for function. The vintage looks too wrinkly for my tastes. I'm not into it at all.

I am totally going to add the spear from Hawkgirl, I have it sitting on the shelf waiting for her!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    "Spear Chucker"- a term only known by hardcore idiots or the millions who watched the last season of The Walking Dead. Anyway, if anyone thinks a black person in a "sword and sorcery" setting shouldn't have a spear because it's not "PC"-- I'm sorry to inform you, but you are a reverse-racist. I wonder if they ever thought Indiana Jones or Simon Belmont wasn't PC?
    Lol, didn't want to create some kind of argument here. Just found it funny the first weapon thought of for her was a spear. :P FWIW, it does look good with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    "Spear Chucker"- a term only known by hardcore idiots or the millions who watched the last season of The Walking Dead. Anyway, if anyone thinks a black person in a "sword and sorcery" setting shouldn't have a spear because it's not "PC"-- I'm sorry to inform you, but you are a reverse-racist. I wonder if they ever thought Indiana Jones or Simon Belmont wasn't PC?
    Lol, didn't want to create some kind of argument here. Just found it funny the first weapon thought of for her was a spear. :P FWIW, it does look good with her.

Blame me. I guess I'm the racist lol.

I thought of her as a huntress and I've said so here (a while back) and said so on RGD, suggesting she should have a crossbow or a spear because she's a huntress.

It's funny, it never once crossed my mind that suggesting a spear was somehow racist. It had ZERO to do with her being dark-skinned and 100% to do with her being a trapper who hunts.

Just my bad, I guess
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It's not racist. I didn't even think of her race (of blue haired women) when coming up with the idea of a spear.

I was specifically inspired by this. She has realistic hunting abilities and accuracy.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...%2Fnetossa.asp

Her prime ability is one of the more realistic powers expressed in the series. No magical aid or mythical source allowed her to throw nets strapped to her back - that was all her own work, putting her on a par, skill-wise, with Bow. She captured a moving Catra after being thrown by She-Ra, and a threatening Horde Trooper - her precision is shown by the fact that she threw this particular net through the bars on her cell-door!
    Last edited by SCB; January 14, 2013 at 04:18am.

Wow! The most amazing thing ever just happened! Netossa just arrived here in Germany today! Only two days afther I got my shipping confirmation from Mattel!
    The reason for the incredibale fast shipping seems to be DHL, which I chose as shipping option when I ordered. I didn't have to bother with the customs office but had to pay the customs duty directly to DHL (I had to give it cash to the postman), which is probably part of the reason why this went so fast.
    Choosing DHL definitely was the right decision, gone are the days of four-five weeks of waiting for figures, gone are the days where I had to spend hours waiting at the customs office. And you actually get a tracking number for international shipping as well!
    This is just awesome and I'm really, really, happy right now!

(still waiting for Granamyr, though, who was sent with international post and not with DHL)
    Awesome sticker included!

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Wow! The most amazing thing ever just happened! Netossa just arrived here in Germany today! Only two days afther I got my shipping confirmation from Mattel!
    The reason for the incredibale fast shipping seems to be DHL, which I chose as shipping option when I ordered. I didn't have to bother with the customs office but had to pay the customs duty directly to DHL (I had to give it cash to the postman), which is probably part of the reason why this went so fast.
    Ive used UPS the last couple of years and always had to pay tax. Today.. no tax!! DHL guy said I *might* have got away with it as he should have had paperwork, but none was given. But I might get a bill in the post so I have to wait and see. But yes this does seem faster than UPS was, which is a big surprise. I was expecting them to take longer.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Mine just arrived minutes ago! I'm totally glad I switched from Cornerstone Logistics to UPS shipping. The right knee joint is a bit loose, but other than that I'm very impressed. No major plaint flubs and the black circle on the cape is hardly noticeable. The cape seems far more durable than Leech's net.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Choosing DHL definitely was the right decision, gone are the days of four-five weeks of waiting for figures, gone are the days where I had to spend hours waiting at the customs office. And you actually get a tracking number for international shipping as well!
    This is just awesome and I'm really, really, happy right now!

(still waiting for Granamyr, though, who was sent with international post and not with DHL)
    Same thing here re: Netossa! (and hopefully the rest of the year too)! I'm stunned at how quick Netossa got to Melbourne (minus the customs fees). Here's hoping she gets delivered today or tomorrow!

Shame you're still waiting on Granamyr, i used fast shipping for this guy and he got here quick too.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

This is kind of hilarious. $15.10 UPS shipping for 2 Netossa figures, and I don't receive her until Thursday lol - and I'm in NYC.

I'm glad you guys all received her so quickly though - I know usually you guys always have to wait FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It's not racist. I didn't even think of her race (of blue haired women) when coming up with the idea of a spear.

I was specifically inspired by this. She has realistic hunting abilities and accuracy.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...%2Fnetossa.asp
    Thanks for posting this. I didn't think I was being racist. I just don't think about that kind of thing when it comes to motuc.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Here's mine!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Modified cape.
    That's awesome! Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    This. This makes me happy. I have faith that people who don't have much of an affinity for, or any nostalgia for, the old pop line or cartoon, will see that these characters are pretty awesome, and we have the 4H to thank for making people see the fun to be had in them!!
    Yep the 4 Horsemen have made POP very desireable.

My mate who ordered our subs in Australia just received shipment of Netossa. That is crazy fast (and first time a figure has been here, for me, before it was released on site). Super happy with the DHL shipping being offered this year for international customers.

Can't wait until next month's pot of gold!!

Court Magician
    We've posted photos of our Netossa review sample. Our sample does have the "shaded" spot on the cape. She photographs very well and has an improved, more feminine face sculpt than Frosta.

Netossa Gallery

I want to paint an extra Goddess spear I have white with some blue detail for Netossa. Do you guys think that would work?
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

Quote Originally Posted by benzie-man View Post
    I want to paint an extra Goddess spear I have white with some blue detail for Netossa. Do you guys think that would work?
    Yea I think that will work very well mate
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

All of these pics are making me want my Netossa NOW, but alas I picked the cheapest shipping possible for the 2013 sub and my stuff is currently in Sparks, Nevada...LOL
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by benzie-man View Post
    I think so. At least I hope so because I am planning on doing the same thing but with white, blue, & silver. The color distribution and where to put the details has been tricky to decide. Still have plenty of time to think though.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.