Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Netossa Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Thank you for this post. It's important for PoP and NA converts to speak up about such things.

That silver looks gorgeous and I was considering the same, but trying to paint Frosta was an utter nightmare for me so I'm scared. I don't seem to have (very) loose ankles or knees, but there does appear to be some slight warping that makes her look a tad funny. Warping that would not be very noticeable if she just had the boot articulation. Sigh....
    I really didn't know much about She-Ra until I got into MOTUC over the summer, but since then I have fallen in love with the Filmation cartoon and the characters. I have to admit that I did pass on Netossa due to loose joints, skimpy accessories/higher prices, and black stains, but my small overall MOTUC collection now has She-Ra, Swiftwind, Frosta, and Catra. I never even knew about these characters existing and would have never bought them before I started collecting. Now Madame Razz, Castaspella, Glimmer, Kowl, and Loo-Kee are on the top of my most wanted list of upcoming MOTUC.
    Last edited by swind15; January 19, 2013 at 04:47am.

I received my sub Netossa yesterday, and the extra one I'm buying off a fellow Org member should be here in a couple of days.

I do like her, but every time I look at the cape I think of swatting flies. I know they tried hard to make it fit in with the PVC capes, but it doesn't. And thanks for showing how she looks in silver, Slayor. I am definitely going that route.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I love the Netossa figure - she's really eye-catching and her face sculpt is stunning. I have given her Hawk Girl's spear too and it looks great!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

She looks absolutely beautiful, is by far one of the best female sculpts in the MOTUC line so far, I already loved vintage Netossa but here the fantastic 4HM made an incredible and magic job with her, I just can't wait to have mine in less than 2 weeks, I bought 2!!!

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I received mine yesterday. While I'm not too familiar with a large amount of POP I must say this figure is pretty great looking. Mine came in great shape, and since I'm a MOC/MIB type I wasn't able to fully inspect the figure, but what I was able to check with my own eyes (and an assist to my cell phone's flashlight) everything seemed perfect. I don't know where the big bad boogeyman's black spot was supposed to be, but so far I ain't got it.

Side question: is it pronounced Netossa with a long or short o? To me it makes sense to be with the short, but then again you'd sound like Mario. Still I say short.

Never mind, watched Pixel Dan's review and answered all the questions.
    Last edited by Stinkor's Only Fan; January 19, 2013 at 08:06am.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    She should have been a deluxe figure.
    Would you mind elaborating why petite little Netossa should have been a deluxe figure? Considering that you don't see any reason for Two Bad being deluxe, I find your this statement about Netossa puzzling.

A character like Mermista (who would require a pair of legs as well as a tail) is somewhat more justifiable as a deluxe figure until you consider King Hsss has two upper body's and is still a standard figure.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

She should have been a deluxe figure.
    That is why she only got 1 accessory and a flyswatter attachment, so she couldn't be considered a Deluxe....if they gave her a real second accessory, like a sword, then, bam....Deluxe.

Because with that, the cape, is big enough to make her one, but the lack of that technically 3rd accessory is why....I'm surprised you didn't know that.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Does anyone have the vintage face plate to try and put on her??
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Did I hear someone mention Mermista...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    A character like Mermista (who would require a pair of legs as well as a tail) is somewhat more justifiable as a deluxe figure until you consider King Hsss has two upper body's and is still a standard figure.
    But then Mattel said they "lost [their] shirt" on King Hiss so they probably would make Mermista a deluxe so they can charge more.

Anyway My Netossa is beautiful. Her ankles aren't loose at all and the spot's really not that noticeable.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

My Netossa's neck cracked when I pulled her head off to remove her accessory... I mean cape. She didn't "break", but her neck separated a little where the ball joint is along the seam. For the money they cost I fell like sending her back, but then again I don't even care about her as a character so since here head and cape go back on why bother.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    My Netossa's neck cracked when I pulled her head off to remove her accessory... I mean cape. She didn't "break", but her neck separated a little where the ball joint is along the seam. For the money they cost I fell like sending her back, but then again I don't even care about her as a character so since here head and cape go back on why bother.
    I had a hell of a time getting her head off, and now it's slightly looser than it was when it's back on....I don't plan on messing with her much at all myself, so removing her cape to me is pointless....and I still can't see it as an accessory, it's not like it opens to a full square where you can actually "trap" something in it....it looks more like a fly swatter attachment.....

I may not like Netossa much, but she does look decent in the pose I have her in, which is a kind of Dracula style pose where she is pulling the cape around her in the front....now she looks cool. But I still want the other POP girls to come, so I can see how they look, and see. I know I want Castaspella in her Filmation blue / gold/yellow/orange colors....and I believe that is what we'll get, but I kind of like a few other ones. I just don't understand why Frosta can get new unique thighs that look like she has a booty instead of just being the same old straight no butt thighs we got on Netossa. The girls need new standard thighs....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I finally got my Netossa and I'm very pleased. She is probably one of the best looking female figures ever made. She is beautiful, strong, and very striking. I hope this trend continues with the rest of the Pop characters. I'm really excited to see what they do with the rest of Etheria's residents.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm extremely pleased with the last two POP figures, Netossa and Frosta, they may be my favorites of the POP faction so far.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Got mine today and didn't realise her white was that crappy grey Mattel's design team uses. Looks horrid.

Not a fan of the shading either. Looks like she had a bit of an accident.

Otherwise, solid figure I can't really generate much excitement over. :P

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    That is why she only got 1 accessory and a flyswatter attachment, so she couldn't be considered a Deluxe....if they gave her a real second accessory, like a sword, then, bam....Deluxe.

Because with that, the cape, is big enough to make her one, but the lack of that technically 3rd accessory is why....I'm surprised you didn't know that.
    I've heard rumors that the hair on all POP figures is going to start being counted as an accessory, also.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I've heard rumors that the hair on all POP figures is going to start being counted as an accessory, also.

I just imagined a bunch of bald POP figures where you had to buy a Weapons Pak to get all their hair.

This I dont understand, people keep saying on another thread to cust accessories and then release in a weapons pak, to save money on figures. Dont they realized we still have to pay for the weapons pak and shipping and handling on the weapons pak? So how do we save any money there? They just need to put the accessories with the figures and sell them at the current price point. Sorry a bit of a tangent here. I like the Netossa figure but feel a little sore on the lack of accessories.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    This I dont understand, people keep saying on another thread to cust accessories and then release in a weapons pak, to save money on figures. Dont they realized we still have to pay for the weapons pak and shipping and handling on the weapons pak? So how do we save any money there? They just need to put the accessories with the figures and sell them at the current price point. Sorry a bit of a tangent here. I like the Netossa figure but feel a little sore on the lack of accessories.
    Probably the thinking is that more people will buy figures at $20 and then not care enough for a 2nd accessory to buy a weapons pack, leading to an overall increase in the number of subs. Sounds like it might work to me.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

That would have to be one massive weapons pack.

That would have to be one massive weapons pack.
    Yep. It'd be a massive pack of Clawful maces in every shade of green you could imagine to arm all of your figures!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Yeah I heard that Too.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Yeah I heard that Too.
    Oh please!

You guys are making this stuff up!?

RIGHT?!?!

What´s next?

Sorry, Lord Dactys´ wings are his accessories we can´t give him his sword and armor maybe in the next weapons pack. Yes we know he is almost naked now but we had to cut some things. Should we have cut his wings?!?

Sorry, we had to choose between Two-Bads second head or his armor so we decided to give him his armor, hopefully we can find a way for his other head some day.

Sorry, Mantenna should have four legs we know but packaged you can´t see them anyway so we cut the fourth leg and he can still stand plus now we have a crotch for the FILMATION Modulok you fans asked for. You see we listen!

*Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I can't wait until summertime to try out my new $40 fly swatter. It even has a black target on it where you're supposed to get the best impact.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post

That is a bunch of nonsense. A sword wouldn't make her a Deluxe figure, it would just make her a more complete figure.

So many other figures use much more plastic than Netossa and none of which are considered Deluxe. Hordak, He-Ro, King Randor, Scareglow, King Grayskull, Laser-Lot, Vikor, Bow, Faceless One, Chief Carnivus, Count Marzo, Horde Prime, and Keldor all have capes that consist of just as much plastic as Netossa and yet they all have at least two accessories. And that doesn't even take into consideration that they already use more plastic since they are male figures.

If Matty has now somehow convinced anyone that having a cape and two accessories now equals a Deluxe figure, they should try and sell them some beachfront property in Nebraska.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."