Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Netossa Arrival Thread

I got my Netossa today. I love her, she looks amazing. Growing up she was the only PoP figure I never had and this totally makes up for it

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I just received my DOS Netossa and she looks good. No QC problems that I can see. The cape does have the shading spot but it looks more of a dark blue than a pure black. A pretty good figure overall. A lack of acessories, however, is abundantly clear. I hope the next Weapons Pak has something I can give her.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Yeah, looks dead on to me. I think that was my biggest problem with Randor- yellow in place of gold just doesn't look right in the Classics line where everyone else who has gold or metal uses actual metallic paint. While I think Netossa's light blue certainly looks better than Randor's yellow, the silver definitely would have brought the figure together more.
    Thank you for agreeing with me. Sometimes i think iīm imaging things....

And i think the "light/baby blue" looks cute and is a eye catcher, it makes the figure more sweeter than she should be.

And looking at those pictures it shows that FILMATION did their best to simplify some designs but tried to do them justice in the same time. Especially went it comes to colors the POP designs from the vintage toys were vibrant and more warrior like than some people give them credit for.
    People see their sweet barbie faces which almost looked the same all the time with different colored eye shadows and i can totally admit that, the rooted hair and yes they used the color pink for some characters but not as much as you might think(Glimmer, Angela, Perfuma and later on Catra). There are characters were no pink or even magenta wasnīt used at all- like She-Ra, Double Trouble, Frosta, Castaspella, Mermista, Peekabue or Netossa.
    Last edited by Niki; January 26, 2013 at 12:29pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Court Magician
    I've had my Netossa for about a week now, and I love her! She really is a beautiful figure. I'm not sure if its been mentioned yet, but if you don't already have a wespon that you are happy with for her, the Man-at-Arms short sword from the first weapons pack looks great with her. The silver and metallic blue on the hilt are not a perfect match, but it's close.

The ladies arrived and seemed to be ok.... except for one or two with some paint glitches.

But HEY! it's better than reversed forearms or being painted in that dull grey...

My one thing and I know this goes against the style guide, but I wish with all that hair, it should've been braided to give her a more exotic look (for a perfect visual example see Starz Spartacus: War of the Damned's Naevia). Other than that she's a great figure! Etheria's equivalent to Clamp Champ ROCKS!

For some strange reason I'm envisioning her romancing with Meckaneck in my fan fiction....
    Last edited by Nemisythe; January 27, 2013 at 07:13pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Got mine today. Not sure why everyone seems to love her so much. She doesn't have a power, doesn't have a cool body design like a monster character or cool armour and weapons. Just a black chick in a blue dress who throws a net.
    The cape smells lovely though lol. No black spot on it either.

I always saw her in a relationship with Clamp Champ as they both seemed like token black characters and both have lame capture gimmicks.

Can anyone tell me good episodes of POP with her in so I can get to know her character and see if I warm to her?

"when whispering woods last bloomed"

I got mine today but she has a wonky eye so I think she will be by first ever Matty exchange. Pray for me!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    UK arrival yesterday. It's an absolute delight to have a figure moulded in the colour it's supposed to be, ALL OVER, joints and all. Hope this bodes well for the future...
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Just got her this morning very nice DSCN3411.jpg

After screwing up my 2013 sub, matty sent me a crappy Netossa. There is silver paint smeared over her face, most noticeable around her nose. After checking her more closely, i see flakes on her wrist guards. I am unhappy but i really dont want to pay MORE just to get her correctly. Does matty reimburse shipping fees for defective product?

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    After screwing up my 2013 sub, matty sent me a crappy Netossa. There is silver paint smeared over her face, most noticeable around her nose. After checking her more closely, i see flakes on her wrist guards. I am unhappy but i really dont want to pay MORE just to get her correctly. Does matty reimburse shipping fees for defective product?
    Yes they should.

Ok figure. Not a big POP fan, she could have used a weapon though.
    The cape/net is made really well I think it will hold up better than Leach's net.
    Hope we get 1 or 2 more POP girls to even out the ranks this year.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I got mine yesterday. I removed her from the mailer to inspect for any flaws, and I have to say that in hand she really is one of the nicest females in the line. I still don't want her, and I've had her up for sale--at a loss--for a while, but as expected, not many people seem to be buying this one.
    The net is a failure both as a cap AND a net. I'm against cloth materials and such in the line, but sometimes exceptions should be made in very rare cases. This would be one of those times. No slits in the skirt (which should be standard at this point), and only the repainted shield as an accessory also mar the figure. But not by much...she's still nice.

I won’t use Logistics again for shipping as it took waaaayyy to long (10 days) but I can dig her!

netossa.jpg
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    My Netossa arrived today, a very nice figure. Nice to add a new character to my MOTU assortments. I echo the many statements of wanting to her have more for accessories. Mine doesn't seem to want to have her head removed so I can't use her cape, either. It sticks a lot and I worry about snapping the peg.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

I haven't received mine yet, but I love how everyone has MacGyvered a different weapon for her! It's interesting to see so many people getting their creative juices flowing over Mattel's mistake. There are some great ideas in this thread!

Finally got mine and as i thought in real life the fan-thingies donīt look to bad when she is wearing her cap...sorry accessory.

Mine has a huge dark blue spot on her left shoulder which is hidden by the cape and her knees are loose. Other than that she is fine actually i shouldnīt have to use the words like: other than that....but hey, iīm just glad she looks good in MOTUC. I also wished whatīs colored light/baby blue on her costume would have been silver instead but thatīs just my personal taste.

I truly hope we will get her sword and mask since we canīt remove those fan-thingies.

Nice looking figure. GO POP !
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    I'm indifferent to this one, but as I don't like POP, she pretty much lives up to my low expectations. I think the make-up is rather over-done and the weird things stuck to the side of her head look peculiar. And surely the cape should be detachable if it's supposed to be her main feature?
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    If anyone wants/needs a Netossa, hit me up and we'll see if we can work out a trade.

Netossa is such a beautful figure. I gave her a tridenty weapon and a real net to carry and I think she looks great now. Hopefully we can get her headress to do something for those wings.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

My Netossas arrived 3 days ago, and look brilliant, stunning, beautiful, I just love her, I checked the cape at the back and doesn't have the dark spot!

Heroic Warrior
    Finally picked mine up from my sub-buddy. She's pretty cool, despite missing an offensive weapon. I knew of her in the vintage line(but never had her, as I only had She-Ra and Bow), and never saw her on the cartoon, so there was no nostalgia factor for me. In hand though, she's an ok figure, but one major question: Where the hell did her boot swivels go??? They cut the weapon *and* an articulation point?? Ugh! That's just mean at this stage in the game!

Got mine Saturday. She's a truly beautiful figure, let down by her lack of a weapon.

Wish Frosta had been made in similar colours.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    I contacted Matty and they say they will be happy to process my problem. However, they can't guarantee that I will actually get a replacement Netossa! All they can promise is that I will receive a refund. I don't want to return a figure that I'm subscribed specifically to get and then get nothing to show for it but my money back. I've read of this happening a number of times in the recent past and I don't really want to chance out on Matty's bad track record. Any suggestions? Either for minor paint removal from face or dealing with Matty?