Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Netossa Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    This I dont understand, people keep saying on another thread to cust accessories and then release in a weapons pak, to save money on figures. Dont they realized we still have to pay for the weapons pak and shipping and handling on the weapons pak? So how do we save any money there? They just need to put the accessories with the figures and sell them at the current price point. Sorry a bit of a tangent here. I like the Netossa figure but feel a little sore on the lack of accessories.
    It's stupid to count her cape as an accessory, King Grayskull has well more plastic in his cape than Netossa and it's considered....whoa, a cape, not an accessory.

Things is, I would concede to it being an accessory only if it folded out into a full square, and tied on her neck....which it does not, it is shaped like a cape that only looks like a net. If it was to be used as a net, it should be made like a net....Sadly it turned out more like a flyswatter end than a net.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Probably the thinking is that more people will buy figures at $20 and then not care enough for a 2nd accessory to buy a weapons pack, leading to an overall increase in the number of subs. Sounds like it might work to me.
    You do realize that according to the other thread, the only option for a $20 figure was no accessories, limited deco and a Ziplock bag....right? There will be no first accessory in the first place.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Her dress is very tough plastic...I thought they weren't doing that anymore. :-(

Snappy Threader
    I received Netossa on Saturday. Great looking figure, but I just can't get into her at all. With Flipshot, I thought he would be terrible, but he grew on me. Netossa, she looks great, but the character doesn't appeal to me. The only reason I can give is what I have said before, I just never had a connection to her back in the day. Conversly, I never had an attachment to the Star Sisters either, but I find Tallstar and Glory Bird to be really cool. I guess I just can't put a finger on why I don't care much for Netossa......

What's the deal with Multi-Bot and Gwildor at the lower right of the white mailer box?
    My post count just got bigger.

^ It's for copyright reasons. Something along the lines of if you don't use it, you lose it. Printing the name keeps it active.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Silver = Way better.
    I think she looks a hundred times better with the toy colors.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Same problem with the knees and feet But that silver repaint looks AWESOME!!!!! Great idea!!
    Thank you! Stinks that the legs are so wobbly, though. I'm having a hard time getting her to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    That silver looks gorgeous and I was considering the same, but trying to paint Frosta was an utter nightmare for me so I'm scared. I don't seem to have (very) loose ankles or knees, but there does appear to be some slight warping that makes her look a tad funny. Warping that would not be very noticeable if she just had the boot articulation. Sigh....
    Thank you! Painting Netossa was sort of a pain. For some reason, the plastic didn't want to hold any paint. I broke down and sprayed the skirt with silver auto paint. That ought to hold.

I also noticed that her legs have a weird bent shape to them. It looks awkward in some poses.

And just in case the other POP toy fans care, I finished the cape in a toy style, too. I think the metallic blue makes it look a little less like a fly swatter. (Sorry about the dark picture.)

"Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post

Thank you! Painting Netossa was sort of a pain. For some reason, the plastic didn't want to hold any paint. I broke down and sprayed the skirt with silver auto paint. That ought to hold.

I also noticed that her legs have a weird bent shape to them. It looks awkward in some poses.

And just in case the other POP toy fans care, I finished the cape in a toy style, too. I think the metallic blue makes it look a little less like a fly swatter. (Sorry about the dark picture.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...122_214946.jpg
    Those colors are perfect for her! I wish MATTEL would have thought of that...

WAIT !?!?!

They had 27 years ago....

She looks great with those colors!!! I canīt stop staring at her!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

I got her out of the package two days ago, and although I'm not into POP, she is rather a nice looking figure, however she feels a little incomplete like Stratos, and she definitely needed more accessories!

As for the QC, her ankles are a little loose, feels like a little top heavy and tends to fall down forward! Anyone had a similar problem? (Sorry I didn't read the thread yet)
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

She just showed up.....WOW....POP!

She is beautiful,her colors are amazing,here features are exotic and stunning.I must say,I kept looking int the package for more accessories.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I do like the silver much better.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    There were a lot of requests for Mattel to change the "powder blue" colour to silver when the Netossa prototype was shown off (because it's always been silver. Filmation coloured it as silver-like as possible), but all the requests fell on deaf ears.

She's still gorgeous and I love her, but I still can't believe her skirt, cape outline and the fins on her head aren't silver when they detailed her shield and chest with silver. I'm wondering if making the other parts silver would have cost them more money somehow? At the very least, they could have made them light gray and not powder blue. I mean, if you look at that picture the chest part is the same colour as the skirt...but on the figure, one is silver and the other is that powder blue colour. Craziness.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    There were a lot of requests for Mattel to change the "powder blue" colour to silver when the Netossa prototype was shown off (because it's always been silver. Filmation coloured it as silver-like as possible), but all the requests fell on deaf ears.

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale...ssaAlone1a.jpg

She's still gorgeous and I love her, but I still can't believe her skirt, cape outline and the fins on her head aren't silver when they detailed her shield and chest with silver. I'm wondering if making the other parts silver would have cost them more money somehow? At the very least, they could have made them light gray and not powder blue. I mean, if you look at that picture the chest part is the same colour as the skirt...but on the figure, one is silver and the other is that powder blue colour. Craziness.
    Someone else on the forum mentioned it, but I'll repeat it: Wouldn't have Frosta looked better with the powder blue (especially with painted white highlights) and Netossa with the silvery gray?
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Someone else on the forum mentioned it, but I'll repeat it: Wouldn't have Frosta looked better with the powder blue (especially with painted white highlights) and Netossa with the silvery gray?
    Yes, yes they would! But both of them are nice anyway. But yes, yes they would have.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Yes. Frosta's belt is still the powder blue colour, though. Regardless, I think Frosta's biggest issue is her white being gray (which I still don't understand because Bubble Power She-Ra AND the Polly Pocket Frosta were true white). *shrugs*

Which reminds me, I have a lot of repainting to attempt still.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I can't wait until summertime to try out my new $40 fly swatter. It even has a black target on it where you're supposed to get the best impact.
    BAHahahaha! Now that cracked me up!

Finally got around to painting 'Tessie and her re-purposed spear. Still haven't worked on the headdress for her yet, but I'll get around to it.

Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Got my Netossa and I think she's one of the nicest females released so far. Face paint is excellent.

Not so great is the light blue edge of her cape. It's peeled a bit in some areas and if I wanted I could easy peel it all off with the ease of peeling sunburned skin. I'd just have to rub my finger on it.

With all those amazing repainted pictures POP-ing up.

Iīm wondering why they go for colors like "baby blue" when they could go for silver. Some MOTUC fans who donīt like POP keeping saying things like:

To girly.

Girl toys.

And stuff like that and than MATTEL has the original colors but chooses a never intended light blue(girly baby blue) for her?
    Making her sweeter and fairer looking as she was intended in the first place!

...i donīt get it ?
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

I was so afraid I was going to rip her cape getting it out of that pack

- - - Updated - - -

Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Girly colors, eh? Marshal Matt Dillon wore a pale pink shirt through most of Gunsmoke, and I would have loved to see anyone tell that mountain of a man his shirt was girly...

Seriously, Adam wore pink and purple, and his figure was pastel back in the 80's, so the whole "girly" thing has been part of MOTU from then. THere's nothing wrong with the color scheme on Netossa (even if the colors are "girly" by some standard, she does happen to be female); they work well for the figure and add some color to the line, just as the Star Sisters did.

Thankfully, the black spot on her cape is quite light on my figure, so it's not a big deal. And I am happy that, for the very first time, reversed parts shown on the prototype were actually fixed for production (the reversed shins would have been something you really couldn't ignore). The face sculpt and paint job on the face are exquisite, easily the most beautiful face in the line thus far. THe Fab Four did a fantastic job on this one, and the design folks left it alone, so it turned out great.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    All you have to do is pop her head off, and take the cape out the back of the package, Keldor is the same way.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    All you have to do is pop her head off, and take the cape out the back of the package, Keldor is the same way.
    Yeah thats my standard 'cape removal' technique too. either that or cut the side of the tray to the cape slit and just put it out.
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    With all those amazing repainted pictures POP-ing up.

Iīm wondering why they go for colors like "baby blue" when they could go for silver. Some MOTUC fans who donīt like POP keeping saying things like:

To girly.

Girl toys.

And stuff like that and than MATTEL has the original colors but chooses a never intended light blue(girly baby blue) for her?
    Making her sweeter and fairer looking as she was intended in the first place!

...i donīt get it ?
    Do you think Netossa's "light blue" is actually intended to be silver as it was animated by Filmation? I was wondering this after looking at some comparison pictures and thinking about how EP Randor used yellow in place of a more metallic gold to represent his crown, spear,and bracers.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Do you think Netossa's "light blue" is actually intended to be silver as it was animated by Filmation? I was wondering this after looking at some comparison pictures and thinking about how EP Randor used yellow in place of a more metallic gold to represent his crown, spear,and bracers.
    Yes, i do! And you see the difference when you look at the colors when FILMATION used light blue as light blue for example Mermistas outfit.

Especially compared to Eternos King Randor. MOTUC Marlena uses gold while she was colored yellow in FILMATION as well.

The only exception i see was Teela, she had a darker yellow everyone else used the same yellow but i still think it was meant as gold.

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Yeah, looks dead on to me. I think that was my biggest problem with Randor- yellow in place of gold just doesn't look right in the Classics line where everyone else who has gold or metal uses actual metallic paint. While I think Netossa's light blue certainly looks better than Randor's yellow, the silver definitely would have brought the figure together more.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"