Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Netossa Arrival Thread

Hopefully I'll get mine tomorrow. Man I always feel like the last person to get my sub figs!

I am completely underwhelmed by this figure. I can definitely see this as quite possibly being my least favorite figure this year. A lot of it has to do with I just have absolutely no attachment to the character. I will give credit to the Horsemen for their work as the figure is gorgeous but I just can't get over the fact that we have figures like Horde Prime who come with swappable hands, a crossbow, helmet, bonus head, armor, cowl, and cape, and then we get Netossa that costs more and only comes with shield and armor. I really feel shafted by my purchase of this figure.
    Last edited by jerec350; January 18, 2013 at 06:15am.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Mine arrived yesterday. She is ok and I like her but nothing spectacular. I am not really feeling anything but so so about her. Nice sculpt and luckily my capes black spot is barely there but she doesn't really wow me. Glad to have her though and I'm expecting more POP all stars to start getting released. Currently I look forward to next months figures most.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Netossa FINALLY arrived and was immediately mailed to someone else!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Both of my Netossa figures arrived today.

Both had JANKY paint jobs on their torsos. One had blue from the peacock insignia all over the white breastplate. The other has dried clumps of white paint on the boobs. I repainted the one I opened and did a nice job, I think lol. So it's fixed.

Then I realized that her knees and ankles are super loose.

So go ahead, all of you who can't stand my pop cheering: you get your revenge: my figure is flawed . LOL!!

I'm considering exchanging the one I didn't open for a replacement. At least the MOC one can maybe be perfect. B

Now....

All that being said, she's really a great looking figure!!! Her face and hair are sculpted perfectly and the paint apps on the face are also some of the best of any figure in the line.

The cape is very cool. I removed the black stain with a tiny bit of goo gone on a q-tip. It was easy

I'm very happy to have her in my collection. I do wish she had come with her headdress and the sword and also the Goddess spear.

I'm a little greedy lol. But then again, she's $25.!

Very happy despite the troubles this month!!!

More pop!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Netossa FINALLY arrived and was immediately mailed to someone else!
    Lucky them! Too bad you didn't get any enjoyment out of the figure.
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 18, 2013 at 04:10am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I was never a POP fan or a NA fan. But b/c of MOTUC and the 4HM, I have become a fan of both, b/c I can look at the old designs and can imagine what the 4HM can do with them. Netossa is a perfect example of that, She is just stunning! Sure my wife looked me funny when I opened up a POP figure, but so what lol.

At this point I still dont get the hate or dislike for either faction. They all make great action figures. How can you like Teela, Evil Lyn and the Sorceress but not like Adora, Netossa or She-Ra? They are all bad mo fo warrior woman.

Oh well this newly created POP fan is very happy to have this figure and now I just need a good weapon for her.

the ignore list is my new best friend

I received my Netossas last night. She looks wonderful! I am going to try and make a custom Peekablue out of my extra one since their outfits are similar.

Got mine yesterday. Nice face but that's about it.

I've realized for some time that this toy line is a complete waste of my money, but for some reason I continue to buy these figures.

Figures like Netossa only solidify my opinion on how they are not worth the money spent on them. No name characters with very little detail or accessories.

What a waste.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Quote Originally Posted by poweredconvoy View Post

I've realized for some time that this toy line is a complete waste of my money, but for some reason I continue to buy these figures.
    Sounds like it's time to cut your losses and quit. If it doesn't bring you any happiness, what is the point?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    She arrived today. There is glue all over her face. In a not so flattering manner. If any of you have children have them leave the room before you click on the picture.
    Attachment 81638

Now I get the joy of trying to exchange her with the most crack customer service team on the planet.
    Sorry but that is hilarious

I received Netossa a couple days ago. I think she's beautiful. I don't like the baby blue, though, so I've started painting it silver. I also gave her DCUC Manta's trident for now. I think it looks very nice with Netossa.

Unfortunately, she has a couple QC issues with a bit of extra glue and paint. Her knees and ankles are also very loose.

"Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    I don't like the baby blue, though, so I've started painting it silver.
    Silver = Way better.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Got mine, and I'm overall happy with it. I am another that has no attachment to the character, but I do like the figure. I'm happy to have it, she adds more diversity both race and gender to the line. I only wish she had a weapon in addition to the shield.

I got her today, along with my $37 free shipping Griffin from Amazon....that I ordered Monday....

I'm not exactly sold on her....I will give her a little time to grow on my, if not....off to the Marketplace.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I was never a POP fan or a NA fan. But b/c of MOTUC and the 4HM, I have become a fan of both, b/c I can look at the old designs and can imagine what the 4HM can do with them. Netossa is a perfect example of that, She is just stunning! Sure my wife looked me funny when I opened up a POP figure, but so what lol.

At this point I still dont get the hate or dislike for either faction. They all make great action figures. How can you like Teela, Evil Lyn and the Sorceress but not like Adora, Netossa or She-Ra? They are all bad mo fo warrior woman.

Oh well this newly created POP fan is very happy to have this figure and now I just need a good weapon for her.
    Post of the Month!! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Sounds like it's time to cut your losses and quit. If it doesn't bring you any happiness, what is the point?
    Seriously. What a bummer. It stinks that that guy isn't happy, but it's not much fun reading about how someone thinks these figures are a waste of money.

I received Netossa a couple days ago. I think she's beautiful. I don't like the baby blue, though, so I've started painting it silver. I also gave her DCUC Manta's trident for now. I think it looks very nice with Netossa.

Unfortunately, she has a couple QC issues with a bit of extra glue and paint. Her knees and ankles are also very loose.
    Same problem with the knees and feet But that silver repaint looks AWESOME!!!!! Great idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Silver = Way better.
    Yup
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Netossa was waiting for me when I got back from campus today, hurray!

I have not encountered any major problems. She has a black spot on her cape, but I am leaving the cape on her so I am good with that. There is some glue on her cape but I could easily rub it off should I not be lazy and ok living with it.

I played around with some accessories for her but ended up just displaying her with her shield. There is something liekably vintage about it.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I have to admit I in no way really wanted this figure but seeing her here in person shes a work of art
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post

Thank you for this post. It's important for PoP and NA converts to speak up about such things.

That silver looks gorgeous and I was considering the same, but trying to paint Frosta was an utter nightmare for me so I'm scared. I don't seem to have (very) loose ankles or knees, but there does appear to be some slight warping that makes her look a tad funny. Warping that would not be very noticeable if she just had the boot articulation. Sigh....

I got mine yesterday and I just am not feeling this figure. I don't hate her but she is on the same level as EP Randor.

I have opened her, and she is still kind of....meh honestly....but, I decided to keep her. She has a loose left knee, and a looser right ankle, but she stands just fine, I managed to rub off some of that black spot, but mine has a smaller spot than I have seen in pictures. The head is kind of looser....and I don't know why she lost the boot cut articulation....she lost that, only has her cape and a shield. I think she should have been a cheaper figure due to that, but whatever.

She is on my shelf in order right next to TOD Sorceress....I passed on Mosquitor for Granamyr.

And as far as the POP figures....

I have 5 of the 8 POP females & Swiftwind now, and I passed on Bow & the Star Sisters, but I love the ones I have except Netossa, but maybe she'll grow on me. I honestly had no intentions on getting the POP figures when I came into the line over a year ago (basically wanting only the MOTU figures I had as a kid), but I caved and ordered BP She-Ra & Swiftwind back in Nov '11, the first DOS I attended, and once in hand, I was glad I got them, so glad, I went and ordered a She-Ra from the Marketplace here....next came what would turn out to be my favorite POP girl and possibly to me the best Female....Frosta....despite her design choices as far as color and the forearm mishap....I really really like her. But I just can't get into Bow....now Seahawk, he looks cool enough if they would ever make him.

And to note I also have the 2 Horde females released....Catra & Shadow Weaver. Not sure about Octavia, but we'll see when her time comes.

Never having watched POP as a kid, and obviously not owning dolls....I wasn't planning to buy the Classics....but I did, and I am glad I did, they are a great addition to my collection....no matter what a few minority selfish POP & Filmation haters say....they deserve to be in this line as much as anything else.

Now, Bring me my Castaspella!!!!

But I still can't get into the NA characters much....or 200X, but I do see their place in MOTUC....far be it from me to be selfish and deny another fan their figure, because I don't like or want it....regardless my personal taste, it likely does have a place in MOTUC for someone, in their collection.

Also to note, this is my first sub, and if I had ordered DOS, I would probably just have gotten my notice yesterday....I am glad to know my shipments will get here just as I would normally be getting a shipping notice or seeing movement finally on my shipment tracking.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 18, 2013 at 11:55pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Black spot and weak knee.

Cape is eh...

Got mine and she has great quality. Now bring on my prizes for the year thus far, Ram Man and Jitsu (and Castle Grayskull)!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

need a spear or better yet a trident. fine fiqure ready for eery other pop figure

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Lucky them! Too bad you didn't get any enjoyment out of the figure.
    They are pretty fortunate. Shipping from Matty cost me $9.40 but shipping the very same package to them USPS w/delivery confirmation only cost $6.40!

I was only able to sell her for a small loss but in the end, I keep one more precious space available for a figure I actually know of and care about. It worked out for both of us.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

She should have been a deluxe figure.