Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netossa Arrival Thread

Hybrid View

Netossa Arrival Thread

Not really familiar with the POP ladies, but I kept the Star Sisters and built the Great Rebellion ladies from there. I was kind of indifferent to Netossa when she was announced since they didn't give her a prominent weapon. Her face looked great, which could not be denied.

In person I really like her. The face remained great in production. I gave her Hawkgirl's spear since her power is hunting/ Her net cape can be used as a weapon, but doesn't feel it's actually meant to. Spear it is. Skirt, in typical Horsemen style limits articulation, but not a lot. I might cut some slits on the side, but you can still pose her in fighting stances, just no side kicks.

She looks great. I'm a spear guy for her too and hope we get the Goddess' in a weapon pack for her. But I'm guessing we'll get BP She-Ra sword. Looking forward to Wednesday.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

OOOOOOOH! I knew it! I knew if they gave her a spear that she would just look so bad-ass! Which Hawkgirl figure did you swipe that from? Is it the Mattel DCUC one? Or is there a more current figure I can get just so Netossa can wield this killer weapon?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Yeah the DCUC one. You can also use a longer one from Marvel Legends Valkyrie. Not as good quality though.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Yeah the DCUC one. You can also use a longer one from Marvel Legends Valkyrie. Not as good quality though.
    Which one is she wielding in that top photo?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Unfortunately still looks meh to me. Her hair is too dark blue for my tastes and looks more odd then it did in the Filmation cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Which one is she wielding in that top photo?
    That's Valkyrie's.

need a spear or better yet a trident. fine fiqure ready for eery other pop figure

least wanted pop girl but at least shes outta the way. spear is perfect if not so wrong too...she needs a trident ala gladiators: trident and net. will most likely do a repaint of another tou trident, or just make one.

Modified cape.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

She looks much better with the vintage cape. The new one looks far too rigid and toyish. If/when I get her I'll definitely want to make a more realistic looking net cape.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Modified cape.
    Did you use a hairdryer to get it to stay that way?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Modified cape.
    Did you use a hairdryer to get it to stay that way?
    No. What I did was weave a coated wire (the ones used to hold toys into the package) through the bottom holes of the cape. Making it bendable/possible. Because the cape is a rubbery plastic I don't think the hair dryer method would work.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Time to start a petition for a vintage netted cape to be included in a weapons pak! It looks absolutely great on her, better than the molded one!

No. What I did was weave a coated wire (the ones used to hold toys into the package) through the bottom holes of the cape. Making it bendable/possible. Because the cape is a rubbery plastic I don't think the hair dryer method would work.
    That is a GREAT idea!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

The face is incredible. The Horsemen's female head sculpt don't always translate well in final figure form, but this is one of them. There's so much life and character to her.

I like the spear display wise, but since one of her weapons is a net, I always figured another would be a club. Afterall, once you have a net on someone, you don't want to take a blade to it cuz it'll cut/damage the net. Better to club them So despite the vintage having a sword, I always pictured a bo staff or a swinging mace. Then again, once the net is on and they're stabbed, it's probably game over anyway huh? LOL.

Also, I think she'd be a perfect nemesis for Spikor. Once there's a net on him he's screwed, with all those spikes he'll never get out of it. LOL

How old am I? Jeez.

I'm really looking forward to getting Netossa; the pics are great!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

That vintage cape looks amazing on her. Is it bad when the vintage accessory looks better than the classics version?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Looking like a Tuesday arrival. In Australia!!

I like the cape we got - think it looks pretty awesome. Can't wait for her arrival.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Warrior
    2013 is off to a great start. Netossa is an incredible figure. I am really impressed with her. And now that a sword will be in the next Weapons Pak for her that's even cooler. And, part of me thinks the mask will be in that Weapons Pak too. Remember when they said they were not going to make the hand cannon for Snake Man-At Arms because it was new tooling and then BLAM it was in the Weapons Pak? It'll be there.

If anyone comes up with a non-damaging way to remove the applied black paint on the cape, let me know or post a tutorial please.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 15, 2013 at 10:49pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    That vintage cape looks amazing on her. Is it bad when the vintage accessory looks better than the classics version?
    Depends on how you feel about soft goods. Ideally it'd be nice to have both.

Also. very pleased i found a buyer for Netossa. Still not a fan, but i was too harsh calling her garbage. Just bummed about not getting Ram Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    "Spear Chucker"- a term only known by hardcore idiots or the millions who watched the last season of The Walking Dead. Anyway, if anyone thinks a black person in a "sword and sorcery" setting shouldn't have a spear because it's not "PC"-- I'm sorry to inform you, but you are a reverse-racist. I wonder if they ever thought Indiana Jones or Simon Belmont wasn't PC?
    Lol, didn't want to create some kind of argument here. Just found it funny the first weapon thought of for her was a spear. :P FWIW, it does look good with her.

Blame me. I guess I'm the racist lol.

I thought of her as a huntress and I've said so here (a while back) and said so on RGD, suggesting she should have a crossbow or a spear because she's a huntress.

It's funny, it never once crossed my mind that suggesting a spear was somehow racist. It had ZERO to do with her being dark-skinned and 100% to do with her being a trapper who hunts.

Just my bad, I guess
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.