Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread January 2013

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    WOW. I always try to be polite and respectful, so if this crosses that line I'm sorry, but answering the question "it'll make everyone's lives easier if you replace Digital River" with "Please post your specific problem" was simply stupid.
    Apparently, he hasn't been paying attention for the last several years; DR IS the specific problem. If he wants it more specific, I'm sure someone can take a few hours and put together the full list of DR's incompetence since the line started...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Shipping prices and the increase in figure prices was why I did not sub further and why I will cherry pick off secondary market avenues. This line will eventually price itself to death.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Since when do you not have to pay to ship defective product back to Digital River? Toyguru may want to pay attention to what DR is telling their customers versus what he is telling them. Customer Service has *always* made me pay shipping to return a product for an exchange.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Strongarm will probably be Strong-Or, like some folks were speculating in the trademarks thread.
    Yep, probably so. Fortunately, I'm sure nobody will actually call him by that new name.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Yep, probably so. Fortunately, I'm sure nobody will actually call him by that new name.
    Might be "Strong Arm-Or" (That way it still has "Strongarm" in it...but it also a play on his "armor")

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Maybe they could say in his bio that his nickname is Strongarm (kind of like with Flipshot/Icarius)....
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I was thinking they could use it as an adjective. Something like he was feared by many due to his stong arm tactics. Would that work?

Questions just get worse and worse...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Pfft. Nerf can shove it. I don't play by trademark rules. Flipshot & Strong Arm are what they'll always be. I feel sorry for MOC collectors who can't have their proper names displayed.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Dear Scott,

I realize that you do your best, and you receive a lot of flack. I do my best to express myself in a reasonable tone, but its not easy given the history of complaints this line has had.

As your recent thread about the cost reduced figures has shown, there is significantly more anger and disappointment in regards to digital river, than the price hike of the product.

That being said, there are about half a dozen items over the next 2 years I will be passing on if the shipping issues are not resolved. Please rectify this and you will see a positive shift in product sales. Until then, count me out of MOTUC.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 23, 2013 at 01:53am.

Why not produce Teela again and keep her as an essential? You could make more money now (new prices) and I'm sure many will buy more than one (I have 4 for example). The only possible problem I see that would warrant Mattel's need for "quick sell-outs" is the warehouse storage cost ... maybe that's it. Must be expensive in the states

Sucks for the "Strongarm" trademark.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    They should make Strongarm's (Strong-Or's?) real name: Armstrong - Evil Master of Doping!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I dunno why they just don't do a different spelling, like Strong-Arrrm or something like that. Maybe they are doing exactly that and it's a surprise.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Since when do you not have to pay to ship defective product back to Digital River? Toyguru may want to pay attention to what DR is telling their customers versus what he is telling them. Customer Service has *always* made me pay shipping to return a product for an exchange.
    I think someone owes you some money then! My Procrustus arrived with a broken arm, I contacted DR and they confirmed they would replace it free of charge and sent me a prepaid shipping label for UPS to return it. The only extra cost to me is traveling to a UPS pick up point (there aren't many in the UK)
    Last edited by Nianotreve; January 23, 2013 at 10:29am.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

So Scott just confirmed that at least one of the following will be shown at Toy Fair in a few weeks.....

Mantenna
    Two-Bad
    Scorpia
    Horde Trooper
    Tung Lashor
    Glimmer
    Modulok
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Mermista
    Castaspella

Regards,
    Victor P.

Simple answer to the Strongarm trademark

Don't make him!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I dunno why they just don't do a different spelling, like Strong-Arrrm or something like that. Maybe they are doing exactly that and it's a surprise.
    Homophones don't really fly legally. I tried that at work when we were naming a few products and it's a no-go.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Sucks for the "Strongarm" trademark.
    May I introduce you to:
    Battle Fist
    Autobot Jazz
    Agent Jinx
    and a plethora of other figures that have been produced even though their original names are no longer trademarked or have some potential problems (hello, Kit Fisto).

I see "Battle Arm" in our future...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    ...What the Horsemen produce are non articulated statues made of resin and other materials as a prototype...
    - TG

Can't help but laugh at stuff like this...
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Can't help but laugh at stuff like this...
    Agreed. Toyguru doesn't know what he's talking about when he says stuff like that. If he collected or followed the Four Horsemen's own toylines, like Gothitropolis, Seventh Kingdom, and The Outer Space Men, then he'd know that the 4HM are every bit as capable of making toys as Mattel are. They're not just sculpters, and their prototypes already have articulation joints.

Not just those lines, but MOTUC! The 4H most certainly produce articulated prototypes for this line. Clueless as to why he would say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    So Scott just confirmed that at least one of the following will be shown at Toy Fair in a few weeks.....

Mantenna
    Two-Bad
    Scorpia
    Horde Trooper
    Tung Lashor
    Glimmer
    Modulok
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Mermista
    Castaspella

Regards,
    Victor P.
    I think I know who, and if it is really, I can't wait.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Homophones don't really fly legally. I tried that at work when we were naming a few products and it's a no-go.
    Maybe it depends on the lawyer and what they are comfortable with? I feel that some company lawyers are far more inclined to say "no" for simplicity's sake rather than take a risk. Fair Use has to have some weight here, right? Not only is it a different product, but there's historical evidence of the previously existence and use of that character name. Plus we have the confusion argument from use of the name, and I think there's very little confusion to be had.

But, I'm no lawyer, so... *shrugs* every bit of what I said above may be off the mark. In the end, if the lawyers don't want to do it, it's obviously their call. I can still remain hopeful, though, right?

Snappy Threader
    They could just call "Strong Arm" "Battle Fist" and presto there you go. Save some money in the process. Ha. But yeah Strong-Or it is probably.