Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Despera Support Thread

Despera Support Thread

Despera is probably one of the only DC redesigns I would support as a figure. I love the idea behind it and she's just too amazing not to be immortalized in plastic. I'm suprised no one has done one of these so let's see how many people would support her inclusion in the classics line!

He-Dad you beat me to it!

I'm in for sure. She looks BA, and it's nice to have a real difference between Adora & Force Captian Adora. Make it so!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

We need some visual aids. Despara is a nifty Horde Adora.

So tell me, what would Despara be classified under? Is she NEW POP? Horde?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 11, 2013 at 11:40pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I was meaning to start this thread. Kept forgetting about it. Anyway, Despera should be the first (if only) modern DC redesign to see Classics treatment.

It would be cool if she came with a 3rd headsculpt--"Filmation" Force Captain Adora- which would be Despera's face with Adora's hair.

I support this!

AS LONG as she is not used against any sort of POP/Great Rebellion/females per year quota. As a variant and as a variant with very little historical context, she ranks very low for me compared with the likes of all of the POP figures that had vintage figures and important Filmation ladies like Madame Razz and Scorpia. Make her as something EXTRA but don't make her in place of a figure like Flutterina is all I'm sayin.

Heroic Warrior
    She'd be a great candidate for the '14 sub exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    AS LONG as she is not used against any sort of POP/Great Rebellion/females per year quota. As a variant and as a variant with very little historical context, she ranks very low for me compared with the likes of all of the POP figures that had vintage figures and important Filmation ladies like Madame Razz and Scorpia. Make her as something EXTRA but don't make her in place of a figure like Flutterina is all I'm sayin.
    I'd be ok with that. She could be an out of sub extra.

...eh... as much as I like the character an the design look...I gotta be the downer here.
    I personally have no interest in seeing yet another variant figure for shera/adora. Especially one from a brand new comic, and give that figure a possible MUCH NEEDED vintage slot that we NEED right now...

As at this point with a full 12 figure/1 per every month run for 2014 or 2015 "VERY VERY thin maybe"... I think there are just way too few vintage slots left with PoP, NA, Filmation, Son Of HeMan, then finally Vintage... to even get the vintage updates where they should be.

So I gotta say, make the vintage an core others, THEN make this other stuff like this Mattel!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...eh... as much as I like the character an the design look...I gotta be the downer here.
    I personally have no interest in seeing yet another variant figure for shera/adora. Especially one from a brand new comic, and give that figure a possible MUCH NEEDED vintage slot that we NEED right now...

As at this point with a full 12 figure/1 per every month run for 2014 or 2015 "VERY VERY thin maybe"... I think there are just way too few vintage slots left with PoP, NA, Filmation, Son Of HeMan, then finally Vintage... to even get the vintage updates where they should be.

So I gotta say, make the vintage an core others, THEN make this other stuff like this Mattel!
    I'ld take her over any Son of He-man, NA, many Filmation, and even some vintage...like Rotar, Twistoid, or any more He-man/Skeletor varients.....anyday

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'ld take her over any Son of He-man, NA, many Filmation, and even some vintage...like Rotar, Twistoid, or any more He-man/Skeletor varients.....anyday
    ...now Son of Heman... I would EASILY give up any slot for a Despara figure, but thats about all I could choose to drop in favor of such a new figure... and a variant figure on top of that as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...now Son of Heman... I would EASILY give up any slot for a Despara figure, but thats about all I could choose to drop in favor of such a new figure... and a variant figure on top of that as well...
    I don't consider her a varient. She's a new character to me as she is so drasticly different from anything we've ever seen. Either way as I said earlier...Out of Sub is fine with me!

Snappy Threader
    I think she would be a cool addition to anyone's collection....I wonder....... what would the diehard POP fans think of getting Despara before say Starburst She-Ra?

Oh yes! Bring forth, Despara! Removable Hordak helmet with a pretty but mean face underneath. I'm cool with long haired Despara with the exact same face. She definitely would be packed with the Evil Horde sticker.

I'd definitely like to see Despara appear in MOTUC at some point. However, I'd like to see a true Force Captain Adora first.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Despara should've been one of the 30th Anniversary figures, IMO. She would've been a nice surprise as a new, unknown character that now is becoming a major player in the DC comics.

So far, though, I'm still on the fence about her...She looks neat but I still haven't read the comics and only seen a couple of pics of her. As cool as she looks, I'd rather get any of the GR girls first. I'd hate to sacrifice Mermista, Sweet Bee, Castaspella, Spinnerella, or Flutterina (How sad would it be to have Despara "kill" her slot!) for this new character that isn't really a part of the MOTUC story. If we still had a robust line, I'd say go for it but with the line being streamlined to essential characters, I'm afraid every monthly slot is too precious for non-established characters.

However...She might make a cool extra out-of-sub figure, like a traveling, SDCC, or sub exclusive!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I'd definitely like to see Despara appear in MOTUC at some point. However, I'd like to see a true Force Captain Adora first.
    I'm actually diggin this "Despara" idea for She-Ra so I'd gladly accept a figure of her, but I agree! I would MUCH rather have a Force Captain Adora ala Secret of the Sword. Maybe Despara was a little bit pre-Force Captain Adora while more hardcore under Shadow Weaver's magic runnin around with the Hordak-like mask on. Think there's a way we could kill two birds with one stone here? Use a black Catra body with a red Horde logo and give her the "Despara" Hordak head and cape with those swords and maybe the pistol she packs. Can swap the head from the previous Princess Adora figure.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    ABSOLUTELY. 2014 is all about the big guns. I don't consider Despara one of those yet. She's far too new to the mythos, as cool as she is.

Someone like Eldor or Shokoti should be the sub exclusive, as a way to sell subs. Many haven't head of Despara yet.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I realize it's way too late now to be ready in time, but I think she'd be an awesome SDCC exclusive. What a great way to help promote the new DC ongoing comic series at the biggest comic convention.

Regardless, I'd love to eventually add a Despara figure to my collection.

IMO Despara is on my POP Top together with Scorpia.
    Then first non POP Shokoti and Huntara. Then Illumina.
    Then other POP females. At the bottom are things as Madame R, twiggets and other POP thingys.

So basicly I prefer cool edgy ladies in MOTUC, and there a more of those to be found outside of POP IMO

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I think she would be a cool addition to anyone's collection....I wonder....... what would the diehard POP fans think of getting Despara before say Starburst She-Ra?

That would be 100% A-OK with me. This Despera figure would fill my need for a Force Captain Adora type of figure. I used to think a FC Adora figure would be the same Adora we already had but with some tweaks- like twist waist and a removable Horde chest insignia & armband. I wasn't using my imagination the way the DC Comics creators have. I mean, Despera IS the ultimate embodiment of "Adora kidnapped and raised by the Horde". And if we get only one figure in the line that's taken directly from the new DC series- and like it or not- the new DC Comics are as official "cannon" now as Filmation, the Star Comics, the MOTUC bios, etc. all are- and it deserves some representation in the Classics line- well, that figure needs to be Despera. Plus, variants-wise, the slots are now so tight and I already have Bubble Power She-Ra, I don't necessarily feel the need for the Starburst variant at this point.
    Last edited by zodak74; January 12, 2013 at 08:51am.
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    She'd be a great candidate for the '14 sub exclusive.
    I agree. She'd make a pretty good sub exclusive.

Yeah, I definitely want to see Despara in Classics at some point. Chances are there's room for only one Horde armor Force Captain Adora in the line, and after seeing Despara, I can't imagine getting this instead. There's no doubt who gets the vote between these two.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    That would be a GREAT figure! I don't know if I would keep the short haired version or get a spare Adora head and display her like that. But I would be thrilled to get a Despara figure (after Crita, Entrapta and Glimmer )
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Despara is a very neat idea in the new DC serie. It's something fresh for me. Masters of the universe needed a renew, a synergy and I think this is pretty well done in the new comics. I love to see different interpretations and new characters. That's why I totally support Despara. She would be a very nice figure !