Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with planets on the Horde Empire Map

Help with planets on the Horde Empire Map

(Mods: I know there might be other threads this could go in, but I could only find one that was a general discussion of the map (which I'm not looking for), and one that was a listing of all planets in MOTU lore (but I'm only interested in the map). If this is better placed somewhere else, I apologize.)

Hey, everyone! In looking at the new map, I have found that there are a TON of planets I am unfamiliar with. I love the map, but I'd like to have a bit more knowledge about it before I do anything with it. Can anyone help?

I'm going to list all of the items on the map, with the exception of Earth, Eternia, and the bridge between the two because those are obvious. I'll leave the ones I don't know blank, and will include a description with the ones I do know. A lot of them are from conflicting canons, so I will do my best to list them as they exist in MOTUC canon - though, in some cases that was simply impossible for me.

If you have better info than I do, or know any of the blank ones, chime in! Any help is appreciated, and if I missed something or misspelled something, let me know.

Ality - ?
    Battle Planet - ?
    Belatrab - ?
    Bestuos - ?
    Crelus - Home of Yolt, the Blacksmith in NA episode, "The Blacksmith of Crelus".
    Denebria - Home planet of the Space Mutants.
    Despondos - (dimension) - Dark dimension. Home of Etheria. Dimension to which Hordak's battalion was banished.
    Draedus - Planet taken over by Plundor, where he saw his eventual defeat at the hands of He-Man. (Not certain where this leaves Trannis in this canon.)
    Draphnos - ?
    Enos - A moon of Primus. Home of Galactic City, where the Galactic Council meets.
    Equios - Home planet of Sagitar and Besquita.
    Eronia - Planet on which Count Marzo cultivates the addictive "Eternia Flower", in the Filmation episode of the same name.
    Eternia's Moons -
    (MOON)Bright Moon - Prosperous moon, always above the Light Hemisphere. Home of the planetary
    government of Eternia's moon colony.
    (MOON)Dark Moon - Analogous with planet Phantos in Filmation canon. Always above the Dark
    Hemisphere. At odds with Bright Moon in Filmation episode, "The Shadow of Skeletor".
    (MOON)Droom - ? Shown on Subternia map as the home of the Tubek Mining Operation? Any other
    references?
    (MOON)Phantrox - ?
    (MOON)Mung - ?
    Falleen - Star Wars reference
    Floriana - Home of the Plant People in the UK MOTU Magazine.
    Garius Asteroid Belt - ?
    Geebor - ?
    Horde World - Capital of the Horde Empire.
    Infinita - (dimension) - Too many variables! Sometimes the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia. Sometimes a dark sister planet to Eternia. In MOTUC, a dimension to which the thief, Karak Nul, has his spirit banished to for eternity...later to be removed by Skeletor in the form of Scareglow. Home dimension of Kronis/Trap Jaw, and possibly the Gar race (?).
    Insectica - ? Sweet Bee's Homeworld ?
    Jantix I - ?
    Jantix II - ?
    Jugulia - Misspelling of Jungulia. Homeworld of Grizzlor.
    Kandrox - ?
    Karib - ?
    Kylex - Homeworld of Blade.
    Laredos - Homeworld of Rio Blast, where he obtained his cybernetic enhancements after an attack by Horde Prime. Rio Blast then took his fight with the Horde to Eternia (London Editions UK Comics).
    Mandor - ?
    Multra - ?
    Nameless Dimension - Dimension to which Gorpo was banished, and where he became known as The Unnamed One.
    Nordor - Skull-faced moon of Denebria. Formerly a part of the planet Primus, the piece of land was blasted off of the world's surface in order to dispose of an indestructible crystal of evil power. Serves as bass of operations for the Space Mutants.
    Phantos - Source of "Photanium Ore", a substance only He-Man can break. Ruled by Queen Elmira in the Filmation episode, "She-Demon of Phantos". (Also see Eternia's moon, Dark Moon.)
    Phelibio IX - Homeworld of Mantenna.
    Plagra Station - ?
    P'ochek -?
    Polarides - Homeworld of Tuskador. Not part of the Tri-Solar System.
    Primus - Home of the Galactic Guardians.
    Prison Starr - Mobile, intergalactic penal colony mentioned in the Filmation bible and used often in the UK comics and MOTUC bios. Examples of former prisoners are Trap Jaw, Jitsu, and Modulok.
    Robotica - Homeworld of Roboto in Filmation canon. Unsure of its role in MOTUC canon.
    Rue-Ban - ? Named for Rueben? I can't even tell what this is supposed to be.
    Snave - Sy-Klone's homeworld in the UK MOTU Magazine. Not sure what role it plays in MOTUC.
    Strug - ?
    Timeless (Eternal) Dimension - Home of Trolla and the Overlords.
    Trannis - Home planet of Gleedal and world that Plundor had taken over in Filmation episode, "Quest for He-Man". (Also, see Draedus)
    Treadaway - ? Named for Eric Treadaway of the 4H?
    Tri-Solar System - Main setting for the events of various NA continuities. Location of Primus and Denebria.
    Tropica - Horde Prime's vacation spot in the Filmation episode, "Horde Prime Takes a Holiday".
    Unitora - ?
    Vebex - ?
    Zaffer - ?
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; April 7, 2014 at 09:08pm. Reason: updated
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Keep reading the bios!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    Keep reading the bios!
    Why, I oughta....

Sorry bro, it was just TOO easy!
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    Sorry bro, it was just TOO easy!

Lol. I tried to think of a good comeback, but there was really no more I could say after that.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    I'd guess Phantrox is a replacement for Phantos when the latter got promoted from moon to planet. Insectica sounds like it might be Sweet Bee's homeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    I'd guess Phantrox is a replacement for Phantos when the latter got promoted from moon to planet. Insectica sounds like it might be Sweet Bee's homeworld.
    Her homeworld wouldn't be in Despondos? I guess if Etheria is the only point of light in that dimension, it makes sense she would come from elsewhere in MOTUC canon. I'll edit it in with question marks around it. Thanks!

Edit...
    After looking it up, I'm not so sure. Considering that her Homeworld was destroyed in a supernova, I think it might not be on the map at all, lol. Hmm. Could be right, but I might as well wait for confirmation on that one.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; March 30, 2014 at 01:20am.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Rue-ban is a cosmic expanse of space known for creating strange properties on those that pass through it. For example, if one is wearing a leotard or anything with a "bikini cut", it changes into a strange triangle flap. So wear boxers.

Other things that happen:

If you have an object that had an inconspicuous handle it will be replaced with a giant clip.
    If you are wearing chest armor of any kind, it will suddenly become way too big and bulky, making you look fat.
    If you order a throne and request that it be made so that you can sit in it with while wearing your giant bird outfit, the arm rests will not be adjusted and interfere with your ridiculous wings.

Last edited by Barezz; March 30, 2014 at 01:27am.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Rue-ban is a cosmic expanse of space known for creating strange properties on those that pass through it. For example, if one is wearing a leotard or anything with a "bikini cut", it changes into a strange triangle flap. So wear boxers.

Other things that happen:

If you have an object that and an inconspicuous handle it will be replaced with a giant clip.
    If you are wearing chest armor of any kind, it will suddenly become way too big and bulky, making you look fat.
    If you order a throne and request that it be made so that you can sit in it with while wearing your giant bird outfit, the arm rests will not be adjusted and interfere with your ridiculous wings.

Omg. That took me two readings to click into place. I was like....huh?

I am trying to find information about these planets but I am afraid most of these planets are from Toyguru's own imagination or some Mattel archive not shared with the public. I know that according to Star Comics Vol.1 No.2 "Falling Stars" Stonedar,Rokkon and all the Meteorbs come from the planet Granite but I do not even see this planet on the map. Toyguru's bios and histories are beyond confusing to me and contradict themselves with all other information and history known to us. I guess Larry is right when he said "keep reading the bios" because at this time who the hell knows what the history of these planets are.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    I am trying to find information about these planets but I am afraid most of these planets are from Toyguru's own imagination or some Mattel archive not shared with the public. I know that according to Star Comics Vol.1 No.2 "Falling Stars" Stonedar,Rokkon and all the Meteorbs come from the planet Granite but I do not even see this planet on the map. Toyguru's bios and histories are beyond confusing to me and contradict themselves with all other information and history known to us. I guess Larry is right when he said "keep reading the bios" because at this time who the hell knows what the history of these planets are.
    Yeah, I think some of them are made up by TG, with personal references (named after people, etc.), but a TON of them have blank listings in the .Org encyclopedia. I don't know if they were added to the encyclopedia from the map, or not. I just figured my own knowledge isn't as intensive as many members here, so we could all figure out what was what.

I did do a quick pass over of the bios thread and pulled out what I could but I'm sure I missed some things.

These threads might help you.
    Here's the thread where we help ToyGuru make a list of Planets for this map:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...w-good-planets

And here's another one from the Original forum:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nets-Moons-etc
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Well, Falleen is from Star Wars...
    I noticed that too...
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I noticed that too...
    Poor thing must be lost.

I guess MOTU just didn't have enough of its own planets to reference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    These threads might help you.
    Here's the thread where we help ToyGuru make a list of Planets for this map:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...w-good-planets

And here's another one from the Original forum:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nets-Moons-etc
    Thanks! The only thing from those that I didn't have was "Sectoria", which isn't even on the map...but it is listed as Sweet Bee's homeworld. As per Matthew's suggestion above, I'm going to go with the assumption that Insectica is MOTUC's version of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Her homeworld wouldn't be in Despondos? I guess if Etheria is the only point of light in that dimension, it makes sense she would come from elsewhere in MOTUC canon. I'll edit it in with question marks around it. Thanks!
    *Sigh* I keep forgetting about the Etheria/Despondos shoehorning in Classics canon in this context. No, I don't like it, why do you ask?

So is everyone in the story's list of Lead Characters being related.

D'oh!

Great work!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Is it not refrenced in bios and eslewhere that Infinitia is where the Gar are originally from? And/or that Kronis is from Infinitia originally?

I know that I've always assumed since trap jaw was blue that he was the same race as Skeletor originally and Kronis in 200x just "confirmed" it for me.

I feel like there is either a connection to Infinitia to the Gar or Trap Jaw or both as planet of origin. To be clear I understand that Trap Jaw was confined to Prison Star but it is not his home.

Oh and I've been thinking this for a while now... Wasnt the planet that all the bad guys in Silverhawks confined to when captured called Prison Star. Not Mon-Starr's world, but the prison planet. Alternately maybe there was a Prison Star in Bravestarr?

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Great work!
    Thanks, Uki! I wish it had been a little more fruitful by now, but maybe we can discover and add more gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Is it not refrenced in bios and eslewhere that Infinitia is where the Gar are originally from? And/or that Kronis is from Infinitia originally?

I know that I've always assumed since trap jaw was blue that he was the same race as Skeletor originally and Kronis in 200x just "confirmed" it for me.

I feel like there is either a connection to Infinitia to the Gar or Trap Jaw or both as planet of origin. To be clear I understand that Trap Jaw was confined to Prison Star but it is not his home.

Oh and I've been thinking this for a while now... Wasnt the planet that all the bad guys in Silverhawks confined to when captured called Prison Star. Not Mon-Starr's world, but the prison planet. Alternately maybe there was a Prison Star in Bravestarr?
    You are right, Trap Jaw is from Infinita. I, like you, had thought it was mentioned somewhere that the Gar homeworld was there (and that Kronis was Gar), but I can't seem to find that detail anywhere to double check?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    You are right, Trap Jaw is from Infinita. I, like you, had thought it was mentioned somewhere that the Gar homeworld was there (and that Kronis was Gar), but I can't seem to find that detail anywhere to double check?
    The Gar/Infinita connection comes from Emiliano's 200X bible. I don't think it's been brought forward into Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    The Gar/Infinita connection comes from Emiliano's 200X bible. I don't think it's been brought forward into Classics.
    Ah. I think I made that assumption because Kronis is blue-skinned and comes from there, in combination with what I'd heard from other canons. I can't imagine how it all got jumbled in my head.

I wonder if "Kylex" isn't a variation of "Silax"? Maybe they couldn't use the actual name for some reason? Though, I think Silax is probably in Despondos, so maybe not.

This is interesting. "Ality", "Phantrox", "Jantix", "Kandrox", "Karib", "Mung", "Kylex", "Mandor", "Multra", "Strug", "Zaffer", and "Geebor" all come up as the usernames of gamers on this site: http://www.lolking.net
    Kind of a weird.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; March 31, 2014 at 02:16pm.

I thought Mandor might have been a nod to Mandora, the galactic cop, in Thundercats.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I thought Mandor might have been a nod to Mandora, the galactic cop, in Thundercats.
    Maybe by the gamer that made it their user name on that site, but it looks like most of the names came from users of a gaming network, lol. It's a map of the Horde Empire, so it stands to reason we wouldn't have backgrounds on a lot of them. They'd have to be created specifically for the map, so that's fine. I just hope some of them have at least a sentence or two of identity that we can shake loose at some point.

I also find it odd that Kribleen and D'Riluth III aren't on there, and that more planets from NA and MOTU lore weren't used in their own areas of the map, to lessen the need to make up so many new ones. I don't care about the Horde Empire ones being created just for the map (they'd have to be), but some little snippets such as, "That one is a desert planet...and that one is where 'race abc' originated from", etc, would be nice. Otherwise, they are just a bunch of drawings. (I mean, they are that anyway, but you get my point).

Newb question-> Can someone help me to understand why Etheria is within Despondos? Is it one of those "just because it is!" questions?

It seemed kinda weird to me that entire dimension would only house one (known) planet so I guess I assumed for some reason that Etheria was put there? Idk....