Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Despera Support Thread

While I want some POP ladies a LOT More (Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Mermista, Glimmer, Entrapta, did I say Glimmer?) I would not say no to Despara... With a second Adora head... (which she'll probably end up wearing most of the time on my shelf...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    One thing I love is the name. it is so clever...and I always wondered why Hordak would keep the "Adora" name.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

In my opinion, Despera should be a non-sub figure offered at the DC Comics booth in conjunction with a signing session for the new MOTU comic (artists, writers, etc.). Not only would you get the opportunity to get your comics signed, but the buzz around the exclusive will bring more attention to the collector's line by general traffic at the DC booth, as well as the comic. That can be on con exclusive while the Mattel booth can offer another MOTUC exclusive. It also wouldn't take away from the subscription slots this way, since not everyone wants this particular version of Force Captain Adora. I personally want the UK Comics version before Despera. But, if we are destined to get her, I'd say this is the best way to go, especially in terms of exposure and marketing the brand to a broader audience.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Maybe Despara was a little bit pre-Force Captain Adora while more hardcore under Shadow Weaver's magic runnin around with the Hordak-like mask on. Think there's a way we could kill two birds with one stone here?
    Just utilize the theme they already started with Leech and Grizzlor, and have Despera be a later-day Adora brainwashed into rejoining the Horde. Would get the character, look and basic theme in without actually using the DC continuity, similar to how they incorporated the "Battleground" characters.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I would love to have a Despara figure! She could come with a "hordak" head and a short haired "Adora" head.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy Despara.

BUT, I would prefer to buy Sea Hawk, Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Mermista, Madame Razz, Double Trouble, Sweet-Bee, Flutterina, Peekablue and Spinnerella before I purchased Despara. I'd probably even prefer to buy Perfuma before Despara.

Put me down for Despara figure. She needs to come with the Hordak head/mask, Adora with short hair head, 2 swords, and Horde staff.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

For the potential of the marketing madness that can grow from this...

Make her a Sub Exclusive: Despara ONLY

Make her an SDCC exclusive: 2-pack with Force Captain Adora

Make her a DC Exclusive: Despara packed with printed Digital Comic

EVERYONE is covered and everyone is HAPPY! Your welcome!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    We NEED a Despara!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Okay dumd question time . Is she form the digital comics if so which one because I would like to see more of her before i say yeah or nah on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    Okay dumd question time . Is she form the digital comics if so which one because I would like to see more of her before i say yeah or nah on here.
    Yes, she was introduced in the last digital comic....#6 I believe it was. Her pic is on the first page of the thread and it appears we will be seeing her in the new DC comics in April.

Sign me up for her! I'd love a Despara figure in MOTUC.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I think Despera would be a cool sub-exclusive figure for 2014, traveling con exclusive, or some type of out-of-sub special item. I would not want it to take up a regular monthly slot in the subscription, though.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I totally dig the idea of having a Despara figure! How amazing would she turn out in the hands of the Horseman!
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for her in this line she would make for a great figure

I like her for the SDCC exclusive. Makes a lot of sense and has a lot of potential for different looks packaging wise to give an exclusive and Matty varient packaging wise.

I don't know how I missed this thread, but yes I would love her! In fact, I love her so much that I made this figure 5 days after she made her debut in the digital comic. I sculpted a removable helmet for her too.

Despara custom.jpg
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Nice custom! I like the Despara design and would love a figure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I would love to have a Despara figure! She could come with a "hordak" head and a short haired "Adora" head.
    I agree with this 100%.

She'd be pretty good, I'd love to have her. It feels like we have a lot of Horde characters left, but of the potential She-Ra variants I especially like this one.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm not digging her at all.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Exclusive, either SDCC or Sub '14, two heads(one Hordak, one short hair Adora). As a bonus, have her come with the sword that Adora used against He-Man in Secret of the Sword. So not only will this figure appeal to fans who like the character, but Filmation buffs too!

Widget
    I love the Despara design, and like many others have said, I've always wanted to see a separate Force Captain Adora release. Despara is def a great update, but I still have a lot of nostalgia for the grey armor UK comic Force Captain Adora as well. It would be amazing to get a Despara figure with a repurposed Marlana tunic (with removable Horde insignia). Throw in a short haired Adora head, clip on Hordak mask, staff, sword and gun and you'd have one amazing exclusive!

I don't care for the comics or their characters anyway, and her design is not appealing to me. I'm just fine with having an Adora type character just as she is. If they did the FC Adora from Filmation lineage, then maybe I'd buy it, maybe not....either way, I'm happy with Adora as is.

If Despara gets made, she gets made, I just won't be buying her.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

IMO the Classicized version of this character would be UK comics version not the DC redesign. I'd welcome some elements from the DC redesign like the helmet or swords, maybe even a short haired head as you could always use the original Adora head if you wanted to, maybe even used the Depera name, but a Classics version of this figure should look more like the vintage UK comics version.
    But either way I'm not fussed about a figure of her in Classics at this point.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Alternate Head alert.

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #2

Written by KEITH GIFFEN Art by POP MHAN Cover by HOWARD PORTER On sale MAY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US In the second issue of the new, ongoing series, Hordak’s forces have invaded Eternia, and Despara’s identity is revealed! But what is her relationship to He-Man? And will he be able to stop her from killing everyone he loves?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)