Thread: Short Fuses..

Short Fuses..

is it just me, or does anyone else feel kind of 'meh' lately? Things that would have peeved me off not more than ten years ago, barely get a reaction out of me now. I kind of miss getting annoyed by the little things.

I guess no social life and sitting in front of the computer 24/7 kind of sucks the fun out of life :/...

just curious if I'm the only one, or if it's spreading as fast as the flu ;o)..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

i am the opposite. Things I would have found meh or just slightly annoying are frustrating me to the point of wanting to go on a mass murdering spree
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    i am the opposite. Things I would have found meh or just slightly annoying are frustrating me to the point of wanting to go on a mass murdering spree
    I can see this.

HD figures on youtube
    The ones who say they have a short fuse are the ones wanting attention, or trying to sound "cool".

not always, sometimes those who say they have a short fuse have a short fuse and may not want any attention or care about sounding "cool"

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Either end of that spectrum could be cured with some Eternia Flowers.

Also, you probably shouldnt even say things that in this day and age of stupidity and paranoia. Just sayin'.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Either end of that spectrum could be cured with some Eternia Flowers.
    Ask and ye shall receive...

"The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    The ones who say they have a short fuse are the ones wanting attention, or trying to sound "cool".
    As a person with said fuse I can tell you that I don't want attention and I don't care if I'm cool. When I tell someone I have a short fuse it really means "shut up and get out of my face before I rip yours off."

About 2 months ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and since then all the things I loved are now meh. It's sometimes to the point of "why like or do or get excited about anything, I'm just gonna die eventually so what's the point?" And this is a complete 180 for me, I used to be Peter Pan, now I feel like Eeyore. I'm sure I'll pull out of it, but between the panic attacks,non stop sleeping from meds that aren't working well, and all the time physical symptoms from this, my outlook is pretty gloomy sometimes. Again this sucks since nothing used to bring me down.

I've had the exact same feeling for years. All this time and effort looking for work, usually ending up in dead-end boring jobs doing stuff you hate with people you can't stand, filling your body with vitamins and omega 3 fish oil and getting your five a day... doing everything the world tells you that you need to do to be "happy"

and for what? We are all going to die one day so nothing really matters so I say sod the lot of it

HD figures on youtube
    "shut up and get out of my face before I rip yours off."
    Yup, there it is! The "cool" tough guy act.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    Yup, there it is! The "cool" tough guy act.
    Honestly, it's not an act. It really means you're angry, and people don't catch on to that. Think of it as the equivalent to when we were young and you were with somebody and they did the old repeat everything you said and did routine to you. Were you acting cool or trying to get attention? No you weren't now were you? You got ticked off major am I right? That's how the short fused person feels. Trust me on this, I'm dealing with it now from the depression meds. Quickness to anger is a side effect. And if you wanna joke with a depressed person, then you're the one looking for attention, because depressed people wanna be left alone.

ya I don't care about being "cool", never have never will. Don't keep up with fashions and not overly concerned with peoples opinions about me. I just get really ****** off at things because after 30 years I am sick of all the crap. As the years have gone by and more generations have come and gone I have noticed that people are becoming more arrogant, self-centered, egotistical, braindead idiots.

That is not trying to act cool (hell people who try to act cool by doing such things as wearing the pants halfway down their legs and wearing those stupid ear things that stretch their lobes and swagger around like they own the world **** me off more than anything) I am simply saying how I feel

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    ya I don't care about being "cool", never have never will.
    Nah, you're not cool. You're just getting old. Old Man Wolfy.

"Get off my lawn!"

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 13, 2013 at 11:46am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

ya I don't care about being "cool", never have never will. Don't keep up with fashions and not overly concerned with peoples opinions about me. I just get really ****** off at things because after 30 years I am sick of all the crap. As the years have gone by and more generations have come and gone I have noticed that people are becoming more arrogant, self-centered, egotistical, braindead idiots.

Weren't you the one who took issue with me in the Tar swamp when I said that your average person walking down the street is an *******?

well the average person is not an ******* but that doesn't mean there aren't really annoying people out there. Just because I said more people are becoming ***** doesn't mean I think everyone is. The none annoying still outnumber the annoying, but the annoying are getting even more so

I only have a short fuse when driving. People's complete lack of courtesy on the road drives me to rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I only have a short fuse when driving. People's complete lack of courtesy on the road drives me to rage.

Generally speaking, individual driver's rarely ruffle my feathers -- I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.. The shear quantity of traffic is what fires me up.

I blame it on the "Cell-phone effect". So many people think that little plastic toy some how makes them God of their own little universe, and it carries over into a general "My BS eclipses all" mentality. So there are short fuses on both ends; the people who think every aspect of their lives requires everyone to stop what they are doing to cater to them, and the people who wish the other group would get over themselves, get out of the way, or just plain shut the hell up.

It's not about being "cool", it's about showing a little common respect for others. That's lost on A LOT of people nowadays.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I don't want people to stop what they are doing to cater to me, in fact most of the time I want people to just go away...far far away. I also do not think I am god of my own little universe (I don't think, I know ) and I doubt my phone has that much effect on me because it very rarely gets used due to the fact I have a phobia of speaking on phones so it spends most of the time on my pc desk turned off and uncharged so really it is not even a factor

Brainded I can agree with. the other day my mother was complaining there was no english on a box. i took at look at it, first collumn on the left. the other day it was the volume on the TV not working..all that had to be done was turning it up on the remote...in THAT case, I have short fuses because i get frustrated certain people just don't CARE to try at life anymore...

and you can't be ****** off at parents..especially when you live with them...so that anger tends to find other places to vent.
    Last edited by Shredder; January 14, 2013 at 03:16pm.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I blame it on the "Cell-phone effect". So many people think that little plastic toy some how makes them God of their own little universe, and it carries over into a general "My BS eclipses all" mentality. So there are short fuses on both ends; the people who think every aspect of their lives requires everyone to stop what they are doing to cater to them, and the people who wish the other group would get over themselves, get out of the way, or just plain shut the hell up.

It's not about being "cool", it's about showing a little common respect for others. That's lost on A LOT of people nowadays.
    I agree with this completely. I've even ranted this very post nearly word for word before. I have a cell phone but I never have it on unless I'm making a call or expecting a call. I can't stand the "cell phone effect" as you called it. Facebook is also partially to blame in this imo.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!