Thread: Catra's Cat Warrior

Catra's Cat Warrior

I had fun working on this POP/MOTU custom which is based on character(s) from POP minicomics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It is redesigned to fit vintage POP figures/dolls with their glittering acessories, but I used MOTU figures as a base. Since in the POP line there are just a few evil characters and only one male character (not evil), I've decided to make something which would fit both.

In the POP line we see Catra in 3 versions, but all of them are designed in the same style and colors, as well as her animals Storm/Silver Storm and Clawdeen. That's why I used the same style and materials for Cat Warrior, so he can be clearly recognized as Catra's own warrior.

He has magenta stone on his belt, an equivalent of jewel on Catra and on the most of other female POP figures, but also an equivalent of Bow's heart. He has the same type of hair like Loo-Kee.

The accessories are very shiny and gaudy with absurd looking elements on the shoulders, just like the rest of the POPs

I've based his face on the cat face from Catra's shield and Shower Power Catra's mask. I especially designed him to fit Shower Power Catra since it is my favorite, the latest released Catra figure, and best looking one.
    The face sculpt looks very demonic, so I soften it by bright colors.

Here are some "the making of" pictures:

Last edited by Mantisaur82; January 24, 2013 at 12:11am.

Ooooo neat! I love this, it's the first version of one of these I've ever seen. Clever basing the head off her shield.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Snappy Threader
    Very, very cool.

beautiful custom, man....look at that sculpting! A lot of thought and effort went into this, no doubt, and it's just AMAZING!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Whoaa!! This is just so well thought out! Wonderful idea!! And the result is beautiful. Really great sculpting, lovely detailing. Job well done!!

Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    Ooooo neat! I love this, it's the first version of one of these I've ever seen. Clever basing the head off her shield.
    I never saw customs of Cat Warriors until today when i found this cool 3D print based on beautiful design by Gbagok:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ghlight=harold

Nice, i like how you came with the concept.

SUPER, that head sculp is just stupendiouslyincrediblecool.

Always a joy to see how you put customs together from all kinds of elements and the execution is perfect.
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!