View Poll Results: Do you want a 2-pack or a 3-pack for the Rock Warriors?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2-PACK (Stonedar and Rokkon)

43 29.05%
  • 3-PACK (Stonedar, Rokkon, and Granita)

105 70.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rock Warriors: 2-pack or 3-pack???

The Rock Warriors: 2-pack or 3-pack???

In an effort to get more figures out there, it has been suggested that the Rock Warriors should come packed together. If that ends up being the case, which would you prefer; a 2-pack with Rokkon and Stonedar, or a 3-pack including Granita?
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 13, 2013 at 03:37am.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    3 pack all the way!!! If there's one multipack that makes senses it's the Rock People 3 pack! I'd be very disappointed if they didn't include Granita in MOTUC!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    3 pack all the way!!! If there's one multipack that makes senses it's the Rock People 3 pack! I'd be very disappointed if they didn't include Granita in MOTUC!
    Same here. Not including Granita would be a ridiculous move, after everything they've done to obtain Filmation rights. The vintage fans would still buy it because they'd want Rokkon and Stonedar, plus Filmation fans would get a fan-demanded character. It should be a no-brainer.

I'll be very disappointed if we only get a two-pack of the male Rock People.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Seeing as ToyGuru shot down any future 3-Packs post-FFM, I have to say 2-Pack. Besides, I want the proper amount of articulation, accessories, paint apps- and it seems putting all three in one pack will shortchange some or all of them a la The Star Sisters. So I say, if they must, put Rokkon & Stonedar in a two-pack and offer Granita on her own card with own accessories etc as a monthly figure. I want these three to come out right
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    Three-pack.

If we can get the Star Sisters and the Fighting Foe Men as a three-pack, then the far more deserving characters of Rokkon, Stonedar and Granita also deserve to be released as a three-pack.

Voted 3 pack since I think that that is the best way for Granita to make it into the line....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

A Rock-Warrior 3-Pack is one of the best examples of a 3-Pack that would sell. People are familiar with and love the vintage toys and the characters from the cartoon - they're not in the level of obscurity like the Star Sisters and the even more obscure Fighting Foe Men. Obscurity does not equal "I want to pay a lot of money for it".
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Well considering what this thread and poll asks... 3 pack

We all 'ROCK' \m/ or we don't.

I would suggest they released them individually. Since it's a whole new tooling, you can use it later (should we still have the line after 2014) you can have a saved tooling slot down the road for another figure. Now a 2-pack would guarantee we got everything from the original line, but the three pack would be best to get Granita just in case Mattel have a fear she may not be a strong enough to be placed in a slot. But with the price it may also be safe to sell a 2-pack and make her a sub or some kind of exclusive.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I'd very excitedly plunk down for a three pack. The Rock People are quite dear to me: at the top of my wants list alongside Mantenna, Glimmer, Two-Badd, and Idiphus!

If they can actually transform, great! If not, toss in their "Rick" forms too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Though I'm down for a 3pk, that $75+ price tag scares away too many people. They should get rid of the 3pks altogether.

Stonedar and Rokkon in a 2pk, and Granita on a single card. Schedule them on 2 adjacent months or all in one month.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    3 pack is the best chance at getting Granita. I have to say a 2 pack or 3 pack is the way to go with these guys. I defiantly want them together. also it would be a waist to use the limited amount of ***** for three monthly figures. I also don't want to wait for each one either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Same here. Not including Granita would be a ridiculous move, after everything they've done to obtain Filmation rights. The vintage fans would still buy it because they'd want Rokkon and Stonedar, plus Filmation fans would get a fan-demanded character. It should be a no-brainer.

I'll be very disappointed if we only get a two-pack of the male Rock People.
    I'd be disappointed if they didn't do a 3 or 2 pack. it is a no brianer not to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Seeing as ToyGuru shot down any future 3-Packs post-FFM, I have to say 2-Pack. Besides, I want the proper amount of articulation, accessories, paint apps- and it seems putting all three in one pack will shortchange some or all of them a la The Star Sisters. So I say, if they must, put Rokkon & Stonedar in a two-pack and offer Granita on her own card with own accessories etc as a monthly figure. I want these three to come out right
    I think a 3 pack for these rock warriors would be better accepted. the star sisters & FFM are more obscure & not everyone has a connection or want for them. but the rock warriors were well known vintage toys. I think more would want them.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I personally have less interest in the Rock Warriors without Granita. I really want to see more non-human females in MOTUC.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Individual packouts. . no option?

I agree. I think if the Rock Warriors come together, they should make it a 3-pack with Rokkon, Stonedar, and Granita!

Are you reading this, Scott?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Individual packouts. . no option?
    Not for the purposes of this poll, no. With the next couple years focusing on getting as much out as possible, viable multi-packs may be an answer. And the Rock Warriors seem like a logical choice for such a thing.

I would love every character to be sold individually, but that might not be the case anymore if we still want to get them all.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Scott has indicated that rather they do figures individually or in multi-packs it does't make a difference because either way each figure takes up one production Sku.

So in other words if hypothetically upper management decides MOTU Classics will only get 12 production skus in next years sub then that means we only get 12 figures period. Rather if they release them as 12 singles, 6 two-packs, or 1 giant twelve-pack it doesn't matter. Either way we only get 12 figures. So thus doing multi-packs in fact is not a "loop hole" for getting out more figures faster. Based on the way Mattel management looks at it releasing them as 1 two-pack is the same as doing them as 2 singles.

I could be wrong about this and if someone has info otherwise please share but I'm pretty sure this is what Scott has said. This is also why we won't get that Spaceman suit figure with our Castle Grayskull because as cool as it would be to include it, putting another figure in the package would mean having to give up one of the allotted figure production skus even if that figure is packaged with something else (be it a castle or another figure).

That said I wouldn't mind a Rock people 3 pack. My preference is to do them all individually but having them as a three pack for SDCC or something could be a lot of fun. I never had the Rock people as a kid so getting these in Classics is something I'm really looking forward to.

Heroic Warrior
    Three pack, please! Omitting Granita feels like a step backward, to me.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    3-PACK (Stonedar, Rokkon, and Granita)

Might as well.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

2 Two packs. Rokkon and Stonedar, and Granita and Facet. Gettting even more out of a bucks. That's the way i would go. If not 3 pack all the way.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I want a 3-pack definitely!

Now, should they have a POP sticker or not, is the actual question!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Snappy Threader
    3 pack all the way..........

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    I want a 3-pack definitely!

Now, should they have a POP sticker or not, is the actual question!
    I wonder if they'd get their own, one-off sticker...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

3 no question.

Don't make me gravel. Slate these guys for a 3 pack. It would rock. Granite it would be more costly, but be boulder and take the chance.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    2-pack, no interest in Granita...

I'd be down for a 3-Pack for sure.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

It would be so awsome to finally get Granita, along with Rockon & Stonedar! A 3Pack would be nice, but individuals would also be cool! All I really know for sure is that all 3 of them I would love to have, as well as Fuacet!