View Poll Results: Do you want a 2-pack or a 3-pack for the Rock Warriors?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2-PACK (Stonedar and Rokkon)

43 29.05%
  • 3-PACK (Stonedar, Rokkon, and Granita)

105 70.95%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Rock Warriors: 2-pack or 3-pack???

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Reading at this poll and the recent MOTUC Popularity and Filmation threads there seems to be more love for Granita than I first thought... I find it cool and would love to see the 3 (main) Rock People in a multipack with their own sticker... Come on Mattel! That would make a hell of a multipack (and I guess that it would sell more than the forthcoming FFM pack...)
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    i say 2 pack. These figures are already far away from anyone's favourites, a higher price tag (3 pack) will most likely scare a lot of buyers

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    i say 2 pack. These figures are already far away from anyone's favourites, a higher price tag (3 pack) will most likely scare a lot of buyers

How can you say that? The Rock Warriors are highly anticipated vintage characters. And Granita is in the top 15 Filmation characters request. Even this poll shows that 76% of the voters want to see her in a 3-pack.

Higher price tags are not a problem when it involves characters the fans want. And, if it is a SDCC exclusive like one poster suggested, that would make the best option. A 3-pack at around $75 is, by comparison relatively cheap for a big convention exclusive. Look at how much the Gem doll was ($125) and it sold out. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Super Helicarrier ($130) sold out too.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I LOVE the Rock dude Comet Warriors, Stonedar and Rokkon. I'd be fine with just a 2 pack but I'll take a 3 pack with Granita. Either way it don't matter to me. I DO think a 2 pack would be a better idea at this point to keep it from being another expensive Fighting Foe Men-like 3 pack that a bunch of people will complain about.

Also these figures aren't far away from anyone's favorites. I've always loved Stonedar and Rokkon. The commercial was great and memorable. They appeared in MANY forms of 1980s MOTU media. I even used Stonedar as a "paperweight" on my desk I had throughout my high school years.

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Hey look! There is an orange, yellow, and white rock warrior too!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    How can you say that? The Rock Warriors are highly anticipated vintage characters. And Granita is in the top 15 Filmation characters request. Even this poll shows that 76% of the voters want to see her in a 3-pack.

Higher price tags are not a problem when it involves characters the fans want. And, if it is a SDCC exclusive like one poster suggested, that would make the best option. A 3-pack at around $75 is, by comparison relatively cheap for a big convention exclusive. Look at how much the Gem doll was ($125) and it sold out. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Super Helicarrier ($130) sold out too.
    I agree! The problem is not with the 3pack but rather depends on the character selection. There has been some negative reaction to the FFM 3 pack because most fans didn't know anything about them / didn't want them and they felt compelled to buy them because they were included in the sub.
    The 3 Rock Warriors seem to be more popular than the Star Sisters or the FFM (look at the various polls on the org). I think they should be released together but I understand that some people may not want to buy them...
    Maybe Mattel should release them as a multipack out of the sub.... They would make a cool exclusive for instance... And they can't generate more negative backlash than Vykron last year!
    Anyway if Mattel were to release Stonedar and Rokkon separately or in a two pack, I really hope that they would find a way to include Granita in MOTUC... I also hope that the bios would establish some kind of connection between the Rock Warriors and Etheria. The Rock Warriors could have landed on Etheria and joined the GR against the Horde, and then would have followed She-ra to Eternia to join the ranks of the Heroic Warriors...

This is an easy 3-pack. I would gladly shell out $75 for it (and be WAY more enthusiastic than paying $50 for just the two dudes).
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

i dont want any pack for these guys but if were getting arock pack do all three surely.

I know three-pack is the popular option here, but since the Filmation sub has been announced I have renewed hopes that we will see a Rokkon & Stonedar Two-Pack, with some great newly tooled pieces and accessories- I'm thinking something that will really fill out the package like the Palace Guards, with maybe some extra pieces or heads to swap and make some new Rock People out of.
    THEN, in the Filmation sub, give Granita a slot all to herself- put Jewelstar to shame and give this figure some new tooling, some great detailed armor, and a cool set of weapons.
    My biggest fear about a three-pack is that these long-awaited characters would end up more like The Star Sisters (crap tooling, no fancy paint apps, minimal accessories), and less like The Fighting Foe Men (with their various display options, two weapons each, etc).
    Now that there is a dedicated Filmation sub, and Granita is from Filmation, I feel she should be a part of that... freeing up space in the regular sub and enabling Rokkon & Stonedar to shine in a two-pack all their own.

I would personally prefer a 2-pack since I don't really care for Granita. If they do release a 3-pack I'll probably buy it anyway to get the guys, but I'd prefer to save that money for some other figure if possible.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Individual packouts. . no option?
    Yep I agree, I've got zero interest in anymore 3 packs. And would rather get individual figures of these not so highly anticipated figures.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post

Well your voting options were extremely limited, and these are not highly anticipated, they are barely brought up? I can't think of a less desired MOTU vintage figure than these 2? And while I'd like them I'd much prefer them as individual releases in the sub.

I don't want any more 3 packs, they're too expensive, if so, out of sub. Plus, Scott said because of price and all, no more 3 packs.

I really have no use for the Rock Warriors, but a 2-pack or singles is OK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I agree! The problem is not with the 3pack but rather depends on the character selection. There has been some negative reaction to the FFM 3 pack because most fans didn't know anything about them / didn't want them and they felt compelled to buy them because they were included in the sub.
    The 3 Rock Warriors seem to be more popular than the Star Sisters or the FFM (look at the various polls on the org). I think they should be released together but I understand that some people may not want to buy them...
    Maybe Mattel should release them as a multipack out of the sub.... They would make a cool exclusive for instance... And they can't generate more negative backlash than Vykron last year!
    Anyway if Mattel were to release Stonedar and Rokkon separately or in a two pack, I really hope that they would find a way to include Granita in MOTUC... I also hope that the bios would establish some kind of connection between the Rock Warriors and Etheria. The Rock Warriors could have landed on Etheria and joined the GR against the Horde, and then would have followed She-ra to Eternia to join the ranks of the Heroic Warriors...
    I have a problem with a $75 pack no matter who's in it. It's too expensive, if it were a year ago for $60, I'd be alright with it, but hello, it's another $15 sub....so, sorry, I do have issues with it, no matter who's packed in there. For me, the rock people are not important, just like the Star Sisters, and the Foe Men are not. I kind of like the Foe Men, but I could really live without them, and I could live without the Rock Warriors too.

If they actually go back on what was said and do another 3-pack, it should be out of sub, plain and simple, but due to people not wanting to pay for them in sub, I doubt we'll see another one. An exclusive is another thing, so long as I am not having to buy it in a sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Though I'm down for a 3pk, that $75+ price tag scares away too many people. They should get rid of the 3pks altogether.

Stonedar and Rokkon in a 2pk, and Granita on a single card. Schedule them on 2 adjacent months or all in one month.
    They did eliminate 3 packs, after Foe Men.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Voted 3 pack
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Heroic Warrior
    3pk and then the Rock Warriors are done! Everyone goes home happy!

I would bet that the Rock Warriors are a good candidate for the SDCC exclusive slot.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I would bet that the Rock Warriors are a good candidate for the SDCC exclusive slot.
    I only hope they'll include Granita... A Rock People 3 pack would be awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    Who is Facet/Faucet?

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Who is Facet/Faucet?
    Facet is a rock girl from the POP Filmation cartoon who appeared in the episode The Light of the Crystal

http://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/v...&objectid=1583

The results are encouraging!

If we get the Rock Warriors in a multi-pack, I'd much prefer the 3-pack. Otherwise, we aren't likely to get Granita at all.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    The results are encouraging!

If we get the Rock Warriors in a multi-pack, I'd much prefer the 3-pack. Otherwise, we aren't likely to get Granita at all.
    As long as we get Granita and the other Rock Warriors, I am fine. If it's in a 3-pack, great. But, what would be really smart is if they have her be the last figure in either the regular sub or Filmation sub and reveal her at SDCC. That could serve as additional incentive to buy a 2-pack of the Rock Warriors, if they are indeed the SDCC exclusive.

They're finally coming as a 2-pack of Rokkon + Stonedar, so now I hope for two additional Rock People 2-packs to be released sometime down the line to complete the "faction": a Filmation pack of Granita + Facet, and a minicomic pack of Quartzina + Bouldar ("Pebblass + Bould-Or"). I think Bouldar should be a teenager as a counterpart to Facet.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog