Thread: Glimmer quick fix - in pictures

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar

Glimmer quick fix - in pictures

Hi I wanted to post this here as opposed to the customs gallery to show not only the fans but also Toyguru how little work is needed to turn Glimmer's loincloth into a satisfying leotard, and how Mattel design should really be able to figure that one out - It took me 20 min do fix it.

Feel free to post a link to these photos to Toyguru on the Matty forums!

I basically used Marlena's tunic as a template. Cut a piece of paper of that template, taped it over Glimmer's loincloth. With a craftknife I sliced off the extra plastic. Then I glued both flaps onto her pelvis. Bang. Done.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by oulala; February 19, 2014 at 07:40pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Hi I wanted to post this here as opposed to the customs gallery to show not only the fans but also Toyguru how little work is needed to turn Glimmer's loincloth into a satisfying leotard, and how Mattel design should really be able to figure that one out - It took me 20 min do fix it.

Feel free to post a link to these photos to Toyguru on the Matty forums!

I basically used Marlena's tunic as a template. Cut a piece of paper of that template, taped it over Glimmer's loincloth. With a craftknife I sliced off the extra plastic. Then I glued both flaps onto her pelvis. Bang. Done.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Oulala, I'm glad you are doing this. I don't think the front came out perfect, but the back looks great. I am sure there are many ways to do this custom trim. Thanks for posting your results!

Great job! I'm too scared to try it though, I don't want to mess it up.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I have to say I prefer the "before" look.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    Sadly this cannot be done... Unfortunately production is too far along at this point... Too late to change anything... We've looked at every possible angle... ssssskkkkkkkkkk....error.......................... .....

That looks so much better. The front at the crotch could be a bit narrower, but the idea is sound. Great job!

Way to go dude. Now you don't have a working fully articulated toy … oh wait, yes you do!! That looks infinitely better, nice job
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

At first I thought about circumcising my Glimmer, but I am so scared I will screw it up. I would probably cut too much around the hip areas like I did with Octavia.

Not loving it, the back does look improved though. Don't think I'd risk it with my figures.

No sir, I do not like it.

I cut her leotard to but dont glue it under the crotch. Love it much more now!

I don't see that much of a difference in all these. But if it makes you guys happy then so be it!

i'm certainly torn. I'd love to see a clear close up pic of the cut edge. Clearly the plastic is coloured purple, not painted. But how cut does the edge look? I mean obviously it is cut and looks cut but...

Close pic of the edges?

Excellent work! This was exactly what I did with mine.

You should release your pattern as a printout for the other fans wanting to do the same.