View Poll Results: What should be the focus of a new mini sub offered after 2016?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • 200x

24 15.09%
  • Filmation

25 15.72%
  • Mini Comics

35 22.01%
  • New Adventures

55 34.59%
  • POP

4 2.52%
  • Other

16 10.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What should be the focus of a new mini sub offered after 2016?

What should be the focus of a new mini sub offered after 2016?

After 2016, what mini sub would you like to see next? Should it focus on the designs of 200x, Filmation, the new and/or vintage mini comics, New Adventures, POP, or something else? If you choose "Other", please let us know what you had in mind!
    Last edited by AdultCollector; October 22, 2015 at 09:37am.

I voted "Other" for a 1987 MOTU Movie mini-sub!!

1. Skeletor
    2. He-Man
    3. Evil-Lyn
    4. Detective Lubic
    5. Karg
    6. Skeletor's Shock Trooper

Sub Exclusive - God Skeletor
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

More unique Filmation characters with classics detailing.

Blackbeard
    Kittrina
    Red Eye
    Lady Valtira & Tyrin with Sago
    King Tamusk
    Kol Darr
    Delora/Hawk
    Brightmoon palace guards
    Light Spinner
    Dree-Elle
    General Tataran...

Just to list a few of my favorite examples

I personally would like to see a 200x mini sub. Still lots of designs to choose from!

He-Man, Skeletor, Sorceress, Evil-Lyn, Tri-Klops, Orko, Hawke, Stratos, Ice Armor He-Man, Training Robot, Skeletor Warrior, Tung Lashor, Two Bad, Roboto, Beast Man, Avion Warrior, Caligar Warrior, Slime Skeleton Warrior, Fisto, Prince Adam, Teela, Hordak, Zodak, Ram Man, Old Man Marzo, Squeeeze, General Rattlor, Trap Jaw, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Clawful, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I voted "Other" for a 1987 MOTU Movie mini-sub!!
    Great list! In case anyone's wondering, I did leave movie off of the list because Mattel does not have the license to make the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Blackbeard
    Only if he comes with Monteeg!
    Last edited by AdultCollector; October 22, 2015 at 10:04am.

I think 200x is the way to go. We have got ALOT of cool Filmation characters, but I really am missing more of the 200x characters. They had such a great story line and character depth was really good. I wasn't crazy about the first few episodes but it really grew on me once the more Anime style fighting was out and they took it in a slightly different direction. It think that Anime style they started with is why the cartoon didn't do as well as expected. Toward the middle of season one and all of season two the cartoon was great! I sure wish it would have lasted a little longer.

The 200x inspiration in the line has been good but I really am missing the main characters from this era like Sorceress, Evil-lyn, Tri-klops, Randor, and SKELETOR. HIs MYP design in Classics would be AWESOME! Even Roboto would be great to get.

Also Characters like Queen Andreeno, ABC Giants, Miro and that design for the Lord of the Fire people is really cool! These are just a few examples
    Tuvar and Baddhra would be great to get.

I love the few extra details and up to date designs on the figures. The 200x mini sub is by far my favorite figures.
    MYP SKELETOR , ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

I voted Other.

The rationale being that the mini-subs to date have been based on the most popular TV shows and included the most popular characters. As a result future mini-subs are going to be faced with diminishing numbers of subscribers unless interest can be increased by doing something different. This could be mini-subs of army builders, magicians, warriors, female heroes/villains, male heroes/villains, etc or a Good vs Evil series, using characters that have not so far been made. Alternatively, a joint mini-sub with another popular franchise (e.g. DC, Marvel, Star Wars) could be another way of increasing interest.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I would like to see a mix of characters of filmation! Characters that I feel would be great additions to MOTUC, for sure! Independent villains only then do one for heroes. Anghast, Slave Master, and such. On the other hand I could get behind a sub of power houses, leaders of their own races like king of the fire people, queen of the kex, chief of the minotaur! Maybe the Eternian Council Members! I could even get on board with doing a sub of cosmic enforcers, the alien, lizard, centaur, and many more! Just as long as they are not a new version of a already done character, leave that to filmation and or bonus figures.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED

While I would love a 200x, Filmation (in Classics style) or movie mini-sub, I voted for mini-comics.

My recommendation would be:

1. Garn
    2. Lodar
    3. Kex Queen
    4. Bubblerina
    5. The Wizard (MEF mini)
    6. 4-Armed Obelisk Warrior
    7. (Sub exclusive) Lt Andra

Beast: The Glorm
    Multi-pak: Masks of Power Demons

Alternate beast: The Demon (MEF mini-comic)
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Other. 2017 is the 30th anniversary of the 1987 movie and its time for the movie sub!
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

New Adventures all the way. It is over due!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I would have voted for New Adventures, but since NA has a helluva time selling, it might not get off the ground. Club Primus might fail and would be a jumping on point for NA haters.

Since the 200X sub is killing it (and is some of the only good press Mattel is getting at the moment), Mattel might as well finish out all of the tertiary characters with another 200X sub. Collector's Choice is halfway a Filmation sub anyway. The mini-comics characters can finish out in Collector's Choice or as traveling exclusives.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    200x all the way. With another head-pack. It's the best mini sub they've ever done, and I want to see another. The only 200x next year is the Horde Wraith...but I need more! Give me Hawke, Illumina, Miro, Taurius, Ice armor He-Man, and the Oracle!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    200x all the way. With another head-pack. It's the best mini sub they've ever done, and I want to see another. The only 200x next year is the Horde Wraith...but I need more! Give me Hawke, Illumina, Miro, Taurius, Ice armor He-Man, and the Oracle!
    Don't forget Queen Andreeno. If there is a 200x sub, I'd want her definitely as part of it. She polled well enough and we always need more beeutiful ladies!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

wants these two demons Sir Reilly's Avatar
    New Adventures all the way:
    Lizorr
    Kayo
    Sagitar
    Krystoll
    Master Sebrian
    Hoove
    Disks of Doom Skeletor with removable helmet, disk launcher and cartoon staff
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

While I KNOW a New Adventures sub is a Long Shot, it IS the one WE NEED.
    We completed Vintage MOTU and POP(minus variants or steeds) in 2015
    Sure we COULD GET 200X Variants and it would sell quite easily, but Classics is an all encompassing line and we KINDA NEED the rest of the NA Roster (variants optional, aside Discs of Doom Skeletor, which should be MANDATORY)
    A Mini sub of 7 NA Figures and maybe one Large Scale Item (either Sagitar or a 2 pack) can help reduce the NA Needed to "complete ALL The Vintage Lines."

*Insert jab against He-Ro: son of He-Man and it being an excuse to validate Spector as a character here.*
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think if the fans ask for a New Adventures subscription, Mattel will need to plan a contingency sub just in case of the very real possibility of the NA sub failing.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    For me it has to be a 2000x sub ,
    This last one was fantastic ,
    Lets get a (my biggest want right now) king Randor , with maybe a cap Randor helmet head,

Young Teela made on a small slim body

Young Adam,the arms and thighs are already done

He-man,
    with correct harness, loin cloth & wrist bands ( should be a easy one as the head and most the weapons are done ,

As said above,... A 2000x Skeletor would be a show stopper!!! All out for this one !

And finally, she almost won the fan vote so,.... Illumina should most certainly get made , to me this figure has become the missle firing bobba fett of motuc , I know there are rights issues but Emiliano has gone on record saying he would be happy to come to a agreement with Mattel to get one made ,

I say make it happen and I for one would be a happy fan :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Or,.... If I had chose ' other' I would have gone for a 'Expanded Universe ' sub ,( a dream I know)
    Black star,
    Overlord,
    Warlord,
    Golden girl,
    Dargon ( from the sectaurs) ,
    Crystar the crystal warrior
    Brave star

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    New Adventures.

I'll gladly take 7 more Four Horsemen gems!

I voted "Other"

Best of the Rest, just like 2016's Bi-Monthly Sub. Great lineup, and though I do not particularly want the Horde Wizard still a great lineup and strog.

Keep it up. FIll in spots all around the continuities. Keep it up. Classic4Life

What about a vehicle sub, do 4 vehicles, one every four months. The bonus is you get a new fighting for men figure or a figure of some one still needed in classics but not yet done. That way its a figure known and needed.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    I think it goes without saying, really.... But I will say it anyway:

NEW ADVENTURES!

It is looooooooong overdue. The NA fans have been ridiculously patient, but if ever there was a time, now is it.

BRING ON THE NA MINI-SUB MATTEL!!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I think it is overdue to, NA is the natural next. I'm just throwing out ideas like this what about themed three packs lodar, kobold and garn. Just a thought.

Mini concepts, and more early concept figures (I know there isn't much support for the latter)

Heroic Warrior
    New Adventures!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    I voted Other.

The rationale being that the mini-subs to date have been based on the most popular TV shows and included the most popular characters. As a result future mini-subs are going to be faced with diminishing numbers of subscribers unless interest can be increased by doing something different. This could be mini-subs of army builders, magicians, warriors, female heroes/villains, male heroes/villains, etc or a Good vs Evil series, using characters that have not so far been made. Alternatively, a joint mini-sub with another popular franchise (e.g. DC, Marvel, Star Wars) could be another way of increasing interest.
    Thats kind of a cool idea. Really like the idea of more generic fantasy based warriors & wizards. I love that!
    Thats what I dreamed of having as a kid. I hope to represent this in motuc with making customs, but what a costly chore.
    I would be right on board with having barbarians, knights, wizards, monsters from fantasy 80s based toys & other media.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark