View Poll Results: Should Mattel restore cardback bios?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 58.77%
  • No

40 35.09%
  • Don't know

7 6.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Mattel restore cardback bios for 2016 and beyond?

Should Mattel restore cardback bios for 2016 and beyond?

Lord Masque is the first of a new breed of MOTUC figure that comes without a bio on the cardback. Simple question today folks, should Mattel bring back the bios? Yes or No (or don't you care)?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Lord Masque is the first of a new breed of MOTUC figure that comes without a bio on the cardback. Simple question today folks, should Mattel bring back the bios? Yes or No (or don't you care)?
    I don't really care but it's a nice addition for people who like them.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I'd definitely like to see them return.

I found them to be fun and I love using certain elements from them in my personal canon.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Im good wither way.... so stats would be neat...but its not something i NEED
    Cinco Banking System: Great. I've made the change. Your wife's new legal name is: TAARGÜS TAARGÜS. Is this okay?

I rarely ever took much notice of them yet for some reason I will also miss them. Not sure if I'm really bothered if they return or not.

I voted no, but "don't care" would have been more accurate.

They should be replaced by somethin' else, this blank look represents perfectly they "don't care" attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I wasn't interested into bios and I dislike the Scott's canon were key characters die only to give crappy characters more space.
    I always thought that the back of the card should have been inspired by the vintage one, with more space for the art, just a little bit of trivia about the character and a related assortment of figures, somethin' like this:
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Now that all the vintage figures are done, don't let MOTUC die, keep buyin' the figures!
    2016 will be great!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I voted YES.

The problem was how the bios were handled. Make them more Transformers-like.

Here's how the bios should change.

1) Get rid of the Real names. Mention any former character identities in the bios IF they had them at all. For example, we know Skeletor is Keldor, Sorceress is Teela'Na, Modulok is Galen Nycroft. But everyone else? Ram Man is only known as Ram Man. Castaspella is Castaspella. Hordak is Hordak.

2) Just mention a basic explanation for the character in the first sentence. Powers, allegiances, character traits and motivations if any are known for each version of the character. If we get 200X/MYP Hordak as a variant, he's more of an evil wizard than Filmation's techno-organic being.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm okay without them.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I voted No, simply because I never really cared for them, and at some point I just stopped reading them altogether. Personally, I'd rather have some background info on the figure (first appearance, creator, previously unknown information). We have so many fans in this community who could write that info

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I voted No, simply because I never really cared for them, and at some point I just stopped reading them altogether. Personally, I'd rather have some background info on the figure (first appearance, creator, previously unknown information). We have so many fans in this community who could write that info
    As I said, I totally agree! We need some trivia on the figures, especially now that they are "obscure"!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Now that all the vintage figures are done, don't let MOTUC die, keep buyin' the figures!
    2016 will be great!!!

I had to vote "yes" just because it is nice having some bio as well as artwork on the cardback.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Heroic Warrior
    Nope don't need nor want them leave it like they are doing with lord masque

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

I'm voting "Yes" but since they are gone in 2016, it's kinda too late and why bother? I dont want a hole of bios so may as well leave them out, which I am 100 percent certain they will moving forward if there is a forward from 2016

Wish there was a "Don't care" option. I'm just completely thrilled that we're still getting the occasional figure. Tuskador is going to be incredible!

Heroic Warrior
    I would go for something halfway. On Matty they have a short description of Lord Masque with some stats and such. That to me would be much better than the ongoing story telling bios we got. I'd rather create my own story. Just give me the basics on who this person is.

I voted no.

I'd be happy with a short description of the character and a big piece of vintage artwork on the back of the cards like the old days, but the bios included unnecessary details like how characters died, and who-killed-who - stuff like that really ought to be saved for a cartoon or comic to showcase properly, not casually mentioned on a toys packaging.

I also disliked how they often neglected to include any information about the character they came with. Demo-Man's bio is a good example of this. If you want to know who is & what were his powers are, you won't learn any of that by reading his bio, which just talks about Skeletor.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted yes.

I can understand why they're not around but I like them.

Though I loved them, I don't need them. They have to add some kind of cost to producing the figure, if that tiny bit of money can be saved, I can do without them.

Heroic Warrior
    This is the only reason I saved the packages. My attic is filled with boxes holding mailers. I love the whole way the package was. Bios belong on these.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Honestly, I don't care, there are some pretty good bios, but just a few of them, a lot of the rest, apre pretty bad, Loo-Kee's for example, and some others, are just copies of the vintage style guides.

I chose "Don't Know", because the bios were rarely good, and could be downright 'groan-worthy'. However, they should come with some sort of descriptive that reveals the character's name, first appearances, allies/enemies, special abilities, etc.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I, for one, am pretty bummed that the cardback bios are gone.
    If anyone has a Queen Marlena cardback for sale, please let me know. Thanks!!!!

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I voted yes but why would it matter since the bios are gone for now. I liked the bios because my kids and their friends like reading them. If 2016 is gone rather just keep them gone, but keep the freaking figures coming!
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED

I voted yes. I didn't always a agree with the content of the bios but I enjoyed reading them. As kids, we always got mini comics with the figures. I looked forward to the figures as much as I did the stories they came with. In the absence of mini comics in Classics, I liked having a snippet of story on the cardbacks. I wouldn't mind if they replaced it with character info. It just needs SOMETHING other than figure photos. The story is too much a part of MOTU to ignore completely.
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!