View Poll Results: What packaging do you want on MOTU Classics from 2017 onwards?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • The current green brick packaging

49 56.98%
  • Something new!

37 43.02%

Thread: New Packaging for MOTUC in 2017 or the old style?

New Packaging for MOTUC in 2017 or the old style?

For mint on card collectors: What would you rather? The current green brick style or something new in 2017 when Super 7 take the reins?
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Totally new.

I say keep it the same. It's not a deal breaker for me but I'd like my MOC collection to look as uniform as possible.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I'm an open displayer so it makes no difference to me

EDIT: Okay missed the "for MOC" part but I can see going for uniformity
    Last edited by Lord_Of_Destruction; July 22, 2016 at 01:29am.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

not mint on card collector but I'll throw my hat in.

New. Why not? Especially if there are no new bios I'd like them to do something cool with the package. If it is the same, no skin off my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I say keep it the same. It's not a deal breaker for me but I'd like my MOC collection to look as uniform as possible.
    I'm with you on this one, ded! Especially with the 10th anniversary coming up in 2 years! How cool would it be to keep it consistent until then?
    MASS REJECTION

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'd vote something new. Something sturdy, but lightweight and cheap.

I'm concerned about how much Super7 will charge for international shipping, so the lighter and cheaper the new packaging is, the less the overall cost to buy more MOTUC.

EDIT: I missed the "mint on card" part. Please ignore the above!

There isn't an option to say "I don't care." If I HAD to choose, I'd say just keep it the same, but if it needs to be changed to keep costs low or for Super7 to feel like they have put their unique mark on the line, I'm fine with that. What matters most to me is the figures being as close to the same as possible.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    There isn't an option to say "I don't care." If I HAD to choose, I'd say just keep it the same, but if it needs to be changed to keep costs low or for Super7 to feel like they have put their unique mark on the line, I'm fine with that. What matters most to me is the figures being as close to the same as possible.
    There's no option for 'I don't care' because the poll is mainly for mint on card collectors as it says at the start.
    MASS REJECTION

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Personally, I'd vote something new. Something sturdy, but lightweight and cheap.

I'm concerned about how much Super7 will charge for international shipping, so the lighter and cheaper the new packaging is, the less the overall cost to buy more MOTUC.

EDIT: I missed the "mint on card" part. Please ignore the above!
    Sounds like the figures we will be getting..

- - - Updated - - -

But doubt sturdy..

Hated the old packaging from day one. Thought it was abysmally bland. Would be happy to see it go and replaced with something more eye-catching.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

If it is still the same line basically then I think it should keep the same packaging.

I'm not much of a MOC collector, so I'd love to see them do something new with the packaging.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, Lodar, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, Hordak head, Dylamug, Twiggets, Trollans, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Larry Flynn stated to Pixel Dan in the super 7 SDCC interview that they plan to keep packaging the same for each line. So Classics stays as is Filmation packaging stays as is and when 4H & super7 get the Thundercats lic that packaging will stay the same. I'm sure Larry Flynn realizes MOC collectors don't need a running change in packaging look which is why he said they plan to stay with current packaging.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Heroic Warrior
    My feeling is it ain't broke don't fix it.

Widget
    remain the same, i like to keep them in uniform too ...

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I open all my MOTUC figures but I keep my Club Grayskull MOC. Club Grayskull is too early to make a change but I think Classic could have a small change but keeping it uniform.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

I'm not a MOC collector, so I'd like something fresh and new....

...BUT, if I were a MOC collector, I'd like it to remain consistent. My vote reflects that.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, Hawke, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Keep it the same (which they have all but confirmed they will do). They know that you don't change the packaging for an adult collector internet line 8 years in. I love perhaps doing different colors if it made sense ala Anti-Eternia He-Man, but it's got to be the same design and specifications. You don't want to loose MOC only collectors or, those crazy people like me, who buy an extra sub to keep MOC. Those two categories of fans buy a lot of subscriptions.

As for the Club Grayskull line, I would also like to see it stay the same (those boxes are FANTASTIC!) but I would like to see any characters who were from She-Ra come in an entirely new and different package. Maybe keep the same dimensions and Castle Grayskul if people were opposed to something completely different, but at least throw the She-Ra: Princess of Power logo on it instead of HMATMOTU. I don't want Tung Lashor or Hordak, who never once were in the He-Man cartoon, to come in that package. It makes zero sense in my opinion.
    Last edited by Swifty; July 26, 2016 at 02:50am.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian & Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey & Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound Catra Grot Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    What he said

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If it is still the same line basically then I think it should keep the same packaging.
    what he said

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Hated the old packaging from day one. Thought it was abysmally bland. Would be happy to see it go and replaced with something more eye-catching.
    I didn't like him too much but that would be weird if the next figures come in a different packaging

I would have loved if they did a package who looks like the one whe had for Vintage Motu : Red and blue with broken rocks
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I've always considered the MOTUC packet art ugly, so something new would be something I would like. However, on business point of view I guess understand keeping it the same if mint in card collectors are considerable portion and would outweigh the possible new people coming to the line.

Maybe if they start doing re-releases or 3.0 figures, then new packet could kick in?

This far in, keep it the same. This could be one of the largest, most cohesive looking series yet for those of us with a MOC collection.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Stay the same that way the collection has continuity.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED