View Poll Results: Skelcon's face: Original Ladybird blue, or new bone color?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue, I prefer staying true to the source material.

10 18.87%
  • Bone, I prefer the new color tone.

43 81.13%

Thread: Blue Skelcon face?

wants these two demons Sir Reilly's Avatar

Blue Skelcon face?

I am extremely happy to finally see another of my personal faves getting released in toy form for the first time. I was surprised though to see the Skelcon's face not being colored blue, as seen in the Ladybird books.

Personally, I would be okay with the new color. But if I could decide, I'd prefer the original bluish tone, as I think the yellow eyes pop out more that way.
    So, what's the general opinion? "Original blue" or "new bone color"?

Original blue tone:
    [/img]

New bone color:
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I think it makes it more attractive the way it is;
    anyway, if Matty turns out to change its mind
    i'll get back to this basic idea...paintbrush, here we go!
    So excited to finally get one of my favorite Skeletor's soldiers.

No, please keep the bone color. There are some things that have legitimacy and need changing, but I don't think this is one of them.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

I do prefer the original blue colour, but I like the bone version as well. I'd like both, actually

A blue head would also need a red tongue, though.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Calling the blue "original" isn't entirely accurate. In every picture of the Skelcons, it could be assumed that the small amount of blue on a mostly white skull is just there for shading. To show the intent of a "cool bone white." While the blue skin tone is mostly blue with a smaller amount of white for highlighting. To show the intent of blue skin. Inferring from some blue being on the Skull making it "blue" is just interpretation. Since there is more white than blue in almost every depiction, I will assume it is bone white with blue used as shading, since the head is obviously a Skull, which is normally white.

If anything, maybe the white should have used a cooler shading color than the aged brown, but the contrast helps the figure look more interesting, realistic, and menacing, even if it is not entirely accurate.

What this figure desperately needs, is a darker purple wash to bring out that fantastic fur sculpt.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; February 17, 2016 at 03:26pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the bone color makes sense since it's a skull, and skulls ain't blue. I'm OK with it the way it is.

A quick edit:
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    That would make for a nice variant, but it is decidedly boring with only the 2 colors.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Calling the blue "original" isn't entirely accurate. In every picture of the Skelcons, it could be assumed that the small amount of blue on a mostly white skull is just there for shading. To show the intent of a "cool bone white." While the blue skin tone is mostly blue with a smaller amount of white for highlighting. To show the intent of blue skin. Inferring from some blue being on the Skull making it "blue" is just interpretation. Since there is more white than blue in almost every depiction, I will assume it is bone white with blue used as shading, since the head is obviously a Skull, which is normally white.

http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...y_skeletor.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...l.jpg~original

If anything, maybe the white should have used a cooler shading color than the aged brown, but the contrast helps the figure look more interesting, realistic, and menacing, even if it is not entirely accurate.

What this figure desperately needs, is a darker purple wash to bring out that fantastic fur sculpt.
    I always saw it as just shading, not blue. Same way Venom is pure black, but his counter shade highlight colour is always blue, but he is not literally supposed to have blue on him.

I like the bone.

I'm actually digging it with bone.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Instagram & Snapchat: Just_Thommy

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Love the bone face!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Keep the bone!!!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I think the bone color makes sense since it's a skull, and skulls ain't blue. I'm OK with it the way it is.
    Is it though? Who says it's a skull? It could just be the creature's face, with light blue skin over it.

I prefer the idea of it being its nightmarish face rather than a skull mask.

I'd like it to be light blue like the source material. Crusader's version looks awesome, and it does make the eyes pop more.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

If I was making them Id put on the blue because it looks crazier, which always amuses me, but Im okay with the bone color too.