Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wun-Dar

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

Wun-Dar

. . . Bread He-Man?

Mark: Wun-Dar

Good & Services: Toys, Games, and Playthings; Namely, Action Figures & Accessories.

Filed: 10 DEC 08

Published: 14 APR 09

Owner: Mattel, Inc. Corporation

Indicator: Live

I was wondering about this myself...
    Could it be a possible "Real Name" for a future figure?
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I"m hoping it's for the Savage He-man. Now that would be cool.
    Last edited by LookAway; June 9, 2009 at 09:38pm. Reason: misspelling
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

definitely want this figure

That name would work well too. The fact that he's a mystery and we're still "wun-dar'ing" where he came from (the name's affiliation to the coined "Wonder Bread He-Man" is just where the ball started rolling.)

A cool evolution to the name whilst still being coy about his unofficial 'net name.

I think it's smart. One of those "Why not?" things
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

see....now THAT is how to make a clever "real" name Mattel!

it gets around the fact having to name him a copyrighted/trademarked name and we get our fan wink and nod. win/win

it also is something we have HEARD of before unlike demo-man etc so we have at least some vested intrest in the name.

PERFECT melding IMO. i will now accept nothing less when/if they make him.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Pretty clever if you ask me. And it fits in perfect with classic MOTU naming conventions. Can't wait for this figure.

Haha. It would be pretty cool if we got a Savage He-Man in this series.

I’d love it if he was simply called “Savage”, and “Wun-Dar” was his real name.

I'll bet Wun-Dar leaves his tribe in the jungles of Eternia on a noble mission to fight against those evildoers who seek to control Grayskull.

veryyy interesting. id like to see a figure made, maybe with some new accessories/armor/or some changes in the limb sculpts.

Oh lawdy!

That is the first real name I totally like. And I'd definately buy a Wun-Dar-Bread He-man.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I've commented on this before, I really like it. If it's our beloved Savage He-Man (and why not.) it's going to be a dream come true to get an official figure finally.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Heroic Warrior
    That's actually pretty cool - especially given some of the other "names" Mattel have come up with.

I look forward to seeing Wun-Dar! Perhaps he's He-Man and She-Ra's long lost fraternal twin.

Cheers.

If this is for the proposed Classics Savage He-Man I give it 2 thumbs up!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I kinda want Savage He-Man to be a barbarian that the Green Goddess (sorceress at the time) give the power sword to to protect Eternia for a wee bit somewhere between Grayskull and He-Man. That would be sweet.

He could be a tragic character and only last for the one mission.

Coming out of retirement to point out a problem with the potential use of Wun-Dar.

If this name is in fact to be used for a Savage He-Man variant (which we do not know to be the case),
    the long term implications of this are negative.

There never was a Wonder Bread He-Man variant.
    I worked with Mattel in 2001 to discover it never existed.
    Mattel was originally planning to do a commemorative release of Wonder Bread He-Man in the 2001 Commemorative line.
    But after researching records on hand at Mattel, and after speaking directly with IBC on numerous occasions, it became clear that this was a variant of unknown origin.
    And the idea was scrapped.

The original Wonder Bread mail-away origin is strictly an internet rumor that began at Toy Archive, that was mixed up with the actual Wonder Bread trading card set mail-away.

If Mattel was to attach a name to this figure, linking it to Wonder Bread even as a joke or "nod to fans" indirectly validates a known rumor.

This will give rise to more auctions hyping a false rare origin and prompts yet more fake customs, all in an effort to take money from fans because of a rumor.
    Some fans may get a kick out of the name (I'd be behind it too if the mail-away it references actually existed), but a moment's chuckle from fans for its use does not outweigh the long term benefit to profit seekers / not fans.

I truly hope Mattel does not do this, if by chance this is their plan.
    Mattel should disconnect itself from a known rumor in any way possible, and either create a new origin, or spend more time tracking down the actual origin of Savage He-Man.
    I feel that is the responsible course of action.

After 10 years of dealing with this rumor, I know a problem when I see it.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

I like the name.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I like the name. So what if there never was a "real" Wonder Bread He-Man. Does it really matter?
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; June 10, 2009 at 11:46am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Coming out of retirement to point out a problem with the potential use of Wun-Dar.

If this name is in fact to be used for a Savage He-Man variant (which we do not know to be the case),
    the long term implications of this are negative.

There never was a Wonder Bread He-Man variant.
    I worked with Mattel in 2001 to discover it never existed.
    Mattel was originally planning to do a commemorative release of Wonder Bread He-Man in the 2001 Commemorative line.
    But after researching records on hand at Mattel, and after speaking directly with IBC on numerous occasions, it became clear that this was a variant of unknown origin.
    And the idea was scrapped.

The original Wonder Bread mail-away origin is strictly an internet rumor that began at Toy Archive, that was mixed up with the actual Wonder Bread trading card set mail-away.

If Mattel was to attach a name to this figure, linking it to Wonder Bread even as a joke or "nod to fans" indirectly validates a known rumor.

This will give rise to more auctions hyping a false rare origin and prompts yet more fake customs, all in an effort to take money from fans because of a rumor.
    Some fans may get a kick out of the name (I'd be behind it too if the mail-away it references actually existed), but a moment's chuckle from fans for its use does not outweigh the long term benefit to profit seekers / not fans.

I truly hope Mattel does not do this, if by chance this is their plan.
    Mattel should disconnect itself from a known rumor in any way possible, and either create a new origin, or spend more time tracking down the actual origin of Savage He-Man.
    I feel that is the responsible course of action.

After 10 years of dealing with this rumor, I know a problem when I see it.
    I get where you're coming from, but I personally don't see that big a deal with it.

Personally, I don't mind such an obvious nod to an infamous rumour that has been doing the rounds for many years.
    If people are gonna make fakes, they'll do it anyway. They have been for years and no doubt will continue to do so.

Personally I just see it as a fun nod for fans, and would make an interesting sort-of-variant figure.
    Last edited by Spacedust; June 10, 2009 at 12:25pm.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I like it and hope they go with it.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I think everyone knows that the Wonder Bread connection was debunked. But I still don’t see why Mattel can’t have fun with it. This is a collector line. It’s also been debunked that he ever came with black Zodac armor. But since it was rumored to have come with him for so long, even if it has been debunked, I really want him to have the armor.

Val, what would you think if the figure packaging said "Savage He-Man" but the "Real Name" on the bio was Wun-Dar? Would that be acceptable?

I do see your point regarding scalpers using it to scam others, although there's a small libertarian streak in me that just wants to say caveat emptor. If I were you, I'd be sure you sent along what you just wrote to your contact(s) at Mattel. You're in a unique position to affect something that may be percolating over in El Segundo.

In any event, I do think it's rather clever. If the speculation in this thread is indeed true, think the intent would be to pay tribute to what has become more of a myth than a rumor.
    Last edited by Poe Ghostal; June 10, 2009 at 02:34pm.

Maybe Wun-Dar is his last name... and his first name Brett

Get it?....