Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Party Transformers

3rd Party Transformers

Fansproject-Steel-Core.jpgTFCC-Hercules.jpgimage-1.jpgreduced-image_5260_106.jpg

Anyone else collect these? I love em! I couldn't for the life of me believe that I dropped over a grand for these bad boys within a span of 3 months...Normally I would save them for more He-Man stuff but OMG these things are so much cooler than what Hasbro Makes these days.
    Last edited by CocoaSmooth; January 14, 2013 at 10:08pm.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I have a bunch of third party Transformers. I don't have the ones you pictured but I have City Commander, Warbot, Phantom, Eagle, Hench, UFO, Sprayer, Ranger, and the new Chromedome one (forgot what he is called.) Just ordered Grind Rod and I should be getting him in a few days. I plan to pick up some more in the near future. I agree that it puts Hasbro's stuff to shame.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

166439_10150361205545212_8174148_n.jpgChromedome is Function X-1, Going so much on Ebay MSRP is like $68 dollars. Ebay is $112. I too have Ultra Magnus and Rodimus Prime.166470_10150361205755212_3956760_n.jpg167344_10150361205185212_3334623_n.jpg298373_10150840479490212_465052793_n.jpg308050_10150840479385212_1776480993_n.jpg
    Last edited by CocoaSmooth; January 14, 2013 at 11:46pm.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I don't collect them (They're ok but they're usually too exspensive since I consider them knock offs(usually cool knock offs but knock offs the same)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I dont think that the things that come from Fansprojects are KO. The quality of these 3rd party are better than the hasbro originals.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I've bought a few unofficial WSTs. I've had G1 and Diaclone Ultra Magnus, and the G2 Jets for some time, and just bought G1 and G2 Optimus Prime.

Sometimes perhaps but 80$ for acree? lol! I admit the igear "cosmos" is tempting.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I would but they are sooo expensive. I'd love to nab that Huffer and Brawn.

Ultra Magnus too, after getting that really tiny deluxe version from their Fall of Cybertron line. Hasbro raised their prices up to $16.00, but shrunk their deluxe Transformers!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I really like many of the 3rd party transformers I've seen. But I just can't shell out the money. I am tempted by Chromedome though. He was one of my favorite Transformers when I was a kid and I don't see Hasbro making a version of him as close to the original design.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I kind of like the cheap knockoffs. They cost virtually nothing and there is a lot of diversity. The cheapness of them amuses me. Having said that, I don't buy too many because the novelty could wear off and they often have no resale value

I'm definitely planning on picking up some of the combiner sets at TFKingdom. They only run about $20 a piece...
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I really like many of the 3rd party transformers I've seen. But I just can't shell out the money. I am tempted by Chromedome though. He was one of my favorite Transformers when I was a kid and I don't see Hasbro making a version of him as close to the original design.
    I feel the same way about Chromedome! look at this!!

133.jpg322.jpg522.jpg

The only third party stuff I've bought so far was the Impossible Toys Arcee and Alpha Quintesson for my G1 collection.

And within the last hour I just found out that this existed and I just ordered one off ebay.

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/01/transfo...ther-bumblebee

I've been waiting for years for a Bumblebee remake that's an actual VW bug and it doesn't look like that's ever gonna happen so I couldn't resist splurging on this.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

That Bumblebee is sweet. I'm not a huge fan of the character, but I love VW bugs.

I've purchased a couple fansproject items, protector trailer, Warbot defender, the g3 trailer and couple upgrade kits that have helped modify some characters. Love to get more, but damn they are pricey. I would purchase a true 3rd party head pack if they were done right, head fits without sticky tak and sculpted just right.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    I've purchased a couple fansproject items, protector trailer, Warbot defender, the g3 trailer and couple upgrade kits that have helped modify some characters. Love to get more, but damn they are pricey. I would purchase a true 3rd party head pack if they were done right, head fits without sticky tak and sculpted just right.
    I ended up getting doubles of each

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I would but they are sooo expensive. I'd love to nab that Huffer and Brawn.

Ultra Magnus too, after getting that really tiny deluxe version from their Fall of Cybertron line. Hasbro raised their prices up to $16.00, but shrunk their deluxe Transformers!
    They aren't even "really" $16. I can't find squat at any store other than TRU. And they charge like $19. I just picked up Wheelie and Springer, but I had to pass on Swerve. Turns out a TRU in New Jersey (about 35-40 minutes away) is charging considerably less than

I'd love to own something like Hercules Devastator, but at $500 for the set, plus the G1 parts addon set for it, if I had that cash to sink into a single purchase I'd get an Open Pandora instead. $500 for a display piece... yeah, I'd have to win the lottery or inherit money. Either way I applaud these companies for making these toys, just because Hasbro these days is so out of touch with their fanbase. If Hasbro will ignore the fans and the series history, while others step in and do make it, then I suppose I'd support whoever makes what I want. I almost wish 3rd party GI Joes would start happening, not like they'd cost any more than those ripoff Club exclusives. And we've seen how they run MLP, taking 2 years to even make toys based on the show.

There's a MP-level Shockwave coming out soon and by all accounts and photos I doubt an official version could even try to do it better. The legs will fold up into the back end of the gun with side panels folding down to make the handle, and the backpack will be made by folding the gun barrel inside out. It's an ingenious way to get around having larger legs with a skinny grip. The best part is, it's gonna be about $150, same as a Tomy MP figure these days.

And a 3rd party Powermaster Prime just came out- it's really big, detailed and is designed to work with either the original PM Prime cab, classics Prime or the G1 cab. And if somehow you can't get any of those cab robots... there's a 4th option that lets you form the full robot without a cab inserted.
    Last edited by diosoth; January 16, 2013 at 08:26am.

Heroic Warrior
    I've always said "no freaking way" I'd buy any of them with the prices they're asking for. Long story short- I currently have about 20 in my pile of loot at BBTS. I DECIDED to get them. Too cool and too nostalgic. Getting all the ones I've always wanted but could never get until now. They are top notch quality, except for the Impossible Toys stuff. Can you provide a link for the Powermaster Prime??!!
    Successful Transactions with: Jeff_R
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I have City Commander and Warbot assaulter and they're REALLY nice--esp City Commander. I really don't think Hasbro could make a better Ultra Magnus than what Fan's project did. I want to get the Causality (insecticon) figures from them too, but they're prety high now (like $250 for the lot of 3).

The PM prime trailer/robot set.

Would love to...LOVE to, but I simply can't when considering all the other toys I collect. Someday I'd like to pick one and splurge, but I have no idea who i'd choose. Many of the pics already shown in this thread are of fantastic figures that I'd like to own - and I have little to no knowledge of the characters they represent - I just think they are some freakin' cool toys. It's just not gona be something that I'll be able to even think about until I get my normal collecting under control.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKshOXZXIGo
    i want this and god bomber!!! omg!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    I've been waiting for years for a Bumblebee remake that's an actual VW bug and it doesn't look like that's ever gonna happen so I couldn't resist splurging on this.
    I had no idea that 3rd party Bumblebee existed. It looks great for anyone who prefers their mini cars to be the same scale as the other deluxe figures. It also looks like it would go great with a Masterpiece collection.

I wouldn’t shell out for it but I can see why people would. I have been thinking about getting the igear legends scale Bumblebee. Since Hasbro’s legends scale mini cars are my default mini cars in my CHUG collection, I like that the igear version fits right in scale. And it is relatively cheap compared to other 3rd party figures.

http://www.allspark.com/forums/lofiv...hp/t83769.html

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I find this piece very intriguing for several reasons. 1. I’m a die hard fan of Masterforce. 2. I loved Powermaster Optimus Prime when I was a kid. 3. We all know Hasbro/Takara will never release a newly designed Super Ginrai. 4. The Classics Optimus Prime isn’t really a good representation of G1 Optimuse so I personally think that repurposing that figure as Ginrai is a better use for him. 5. If Hasbro/Takara ever do get around to making a more G1 accurate voyager scale Optimus Prime, the Classics version will be rendered practically useless so this trailer would be the only thing to keep that figure relevant.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Considering the PM Prime reissue that just came out in Asia is going for $100 I'd say this new poseable trailer isn't a bad deal.

I do know there's a pro-Hasbro toy customizer who seems to really hate this 3rd party stuff, and even tells people they can be arrested and jailed for buying it. Maybe if Hasbro made this stuff, and didn't rip off a few IPs of their own in their time(I don't consider 3rd party to be different from how Hasbro copies actual vehicles without permission), I'd care. I've also had my run-ins with this person before and can say he's, uh... well, he got mad at me because I didn't take some advice on making a custom figure, when I didn't even ask him and then when I used another method he took personal offense and held a grudge since. He got mad again when I used one brand of paint instead of his preferred brand, and harassed me for trying to sell a custom figure. Now he's even further mad because I don't do custom toys anymore, telling everyone I "quit because of trolling" when the fact is I gave up on custom toy work because I'm not interested in it and I don't want to throw piles money at the hobby. But I suppose anyone who tells people they can go to prison for buying a 3rd party Transformer isn't exactly prone to telling the truth, are they?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    These are very cool. I remember seeing the Igear (I think) Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet and REALLY wishing I could afford them. But alas, these days MOTUC takes the budget.

Although I can't imagine NOT getting the MP Soundwave and cassettes
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!