Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Party Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Considering the PM Prime reissue that just came out in Asia is going for $100 I'd say this new poseable trailer isn't a bad deal.

I do know there's a pro-Hasbro toy customizer who seems to really hate this 3rd party stuff, and even tells people they can be arrested and jailed for buying it. Maybe if Hasbro made this stuff, and didn't rip off a few IPs of their own in their time(I don't consider 3rd party to be different from how Hasbro copies actual vehicles without permission), I'd care. I've also had my run-ins with this person before and can say he's, uh... well, he got mad at me because I didn't take some advice on making a custom figure, when I didn't even ask him and then when I used another method he took personal offense and held a grudge since. He got mad again when I used one brand of paint instead of his preferred brand, and harassed me for trying to sell a custom figure. Now he's even further mad because I don't do custom toys anymore, telling everyone I "quit because of trolling" when the fact is I gave up on custom toy work because I'm not interested in it and I don't want to throw piles money at the hobby. But I suppose anyone who tells people they can go to prison for buying a 3rd party Transformer isn't exactly prone to telling the truth, are they?

There's a lot of elitists in action figure collecting right now. I don't remember it being that way back in the 90's when I was collecting before -- or at least I wasn't aware of it. "I bought 5 of them to show my support!" Translation: I spent x hundred dollars, aren't I great?! Unfortunately, that kind of behavior promotes stereo types, and may be one of the reasons why action figures don't sell so well anymore. I have half a mind to sign up over seibertron and tell them all how much I am looking forward to my combiner knockoffs arriving from TFSource
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I only have Hegemon Megatron and iGear's Faith Leader Optimus Prime...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Im so excited for the new stuff that FP is doing
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I broke down and preordered the first two parts of the MCC Predaking

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    I only have Hegemon Megatron and iGear's Faith Leader Optimus Prime...
    I wanted Faith Leader a lot but then I heard about many of them having QC issues. So I passed. It sounds as though it's hit or miss. Some people swear their Faith Leader is top notch. If I could buy one in person and verify the quality I'd probably shell out for it. But as I don't see that opportunity arising I still hold out hope for an official Voyager Optimus that is more faithful to his G1 design.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Just ordered Assaulter and preordered the two MMC Predacons. Also planning to get Blackbird and Hegemon in February.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

If it wasn't for 3rd party stuff, I wouldn't be buying any transforming robots. I have several and love them all.

If hasbro would do more G1 inspired stuff I would buy them but I have zero interest in Prime or WFC figures.

Im going to go with the Unique Toys version of predacons.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I don't have a ton of the 3rd party stuff due to price, but what I have is excellent. I picked up City Commander, Munitioner and Explorer. I'm strongly considering asking my wife for hegemon megs for Christmas (but haven't yet because I know Grayskull is coming).
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Fans Project

I just ordered the third party Topspin and Twin Twist. They look like perfect updates of the G1 figures.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I think my next purchases may be these. I'm focusing a bit on GITD toys and heero cast a few of his WSTs in clear GITD plastic. Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, starscream, Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge.

This is my photo dio stories featuring Car Crash and T-Bone

Part 1 available here: Bullies - A 3rd Party Production

Part 2 available here: Bullies II - The Reckoning

To be concluded in: Bullies III - The Final Chapter

A lot these look great, but shame that i can't afford them. Curiously, does anyone own Shockwave? He is my second favourite TF after Jetfire (Skyfire) and seeing that he's been made like (or close to) a MP TF, wondering what your thoughts are?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

heero is making G2 Laser Prime

here's what I can tell you about it so far-

* it's slightly longer than the Spychanger version of this toy in vehicle mode and will probably have a slightly bigger robot mode
    * it will be just as poseable as the original G2 toy and transform the same- maybe. I have a suspicion the neck articulation was removed, possibly out of necessity, but I am not 100% sure of this yet
    * various gimmicks- firing discs, missiles, etc. do not actually work
    * it has roughly 120 separate pieces

heero sent me an unassembled kit to put together as a "beta test", I'll take pics once that is done.

Just got my 3rd party Topspin and Twin Twist. They are both phenomenal figures that look absolutely spot on, and feel very official. They don't feel like cheap plastic at all. Just exceptionally well made, both in transformation and in appearance.

Also got the 3rd party Cosmos. I love the character, and he looks pretty good in both modes, but I just don't really know if I like him all that much. Glad I got him, and glad he didn't cost a whole lot, I guess.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    A lot these look great, but shame that i can't afford them. Curiously, does anyone own Shockwave? He is my second favourite TF after Jetfire (Skyfire) and seeing that he's been made like (or close to) a MP TF, wondering what your thoughts are?
    I bought QuakeWave. I couldn't resist it because I've always loved the character and design and I really like the new masterpiece line.

It's great, I'm super impressed. Mine has a couple unfortunate flaws, but they are overshadowed by the overall quality of the toy. it's easily one of the best toys I've ever bought.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    question ? wasnt Hasbro after the 3rd party makers for a while back for using there toy styles without there permission ?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    question ? wasnt Hasbro after the 3rd party makers for a while back for using there toy styles without there permission ?
    Most of these companies are in China so Hasbro can't touch them. A lot of the designs are probably "legally different from" to the point that Hasbro would lose in court(if they won, then it'd set a legal precedence and invite everyone Hasbro has "homaged" or infringed on over the years to sue them, and there are plenty- vehicle manufacturers, other toy companies, not to mention others. and it'd invite everyone to sue everyone because it'd make homages and the like illegal- oh right, we almost had that, it was called ACTA). Hasbro could bully online retailers out of stocking these toys("carry them and we won't sell to you, costing you inventory") but that almost always leads to bad press.

Hasbro's only real method to fight these would be to work with the companies to make these toys licensed, but they won't do that.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    the reason i know this was that the last time i was at BOT CON here in LA one of the customizers was very upset that he got a letter from Hasbro for a seas and desist

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    the reason i know this was that the last time i was at BOT CON here in LA one of the customizers was very upset that he got a letter from Hasbro for a seas and desist
    There's a difference between customizers and garage-kit makers and full-on Third Party companies. As Diosoth already noted, the "real" Third Party operate out of China and Korea. You will notice you can never find any real names attached to their products or websites, and usually not even an adress. This, along with the fact that China normally does not allow for interference with their local business by other countries makes it impossible for anyone to do anything here, even if they wanted to... It's the same reason endless bootlegs and "fly-by-night" copies of pretty much everything comes out of China in an unending stream.

If you're based in a country that the US or Japan can touch legally, though, you're SOL.

I got in heero's prototype of G2 Laser Prime and got it mostly assembled. My kit lacks the head and a few other parts.

^^ That's awesome; thanks for the shots. I might have to pick one up if they do Black Convoy/Scourge (which seems inevitable). Really liking how the size matches up with the Spychanger.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Dr. Wu, who made some weapon sets prior, is doing WST Perceptor. Looks like it'll be maybe slightly shorter than WST Prime to the head going by where it comes up to the Legends version. It'll be more poseable than the G1 toy, and have all 3 modes. I really hope this is cheap enough to get when it first comes out.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ceptor-177399/

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Opinions needed!

I'm considering picking up a Huffer for my Classics/Generations collection, and I'm torn between the Cubex Huff and the Transbots Krank. Does anyone have any opinions one way or the other, in terms of quality, etc? I looked at Rager, but he's too small for my tastes...I'd like Huffer to be on the larger size when compared with my other Classics.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."