Thread: DEMO-MAN in MOTUC Timeline?

DEMO-MAN in MOTUC Timeline?

My brother & I were discussing this the other day when Demo-man finally arrived...
    Is Demo-Man actually from Vikor's TIME or the PreEternian timeline?
    I know most of us think that way because of the concept art, but Demo's Bio does not mention Vikor, nor the Fighting Foe Men, NOR does he come with a "Powers Of Grayskull" sticker on his card... or any Powers Of Grayskull characters on the back of his card roster...
    Thoughts?
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    The bio never states, so it might be open ended. No doubt he is from Vikor's time, and then ages later, his spirit is then taken from wherever it is to possess Keldor.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    But is he super ancient---I mean he could transcend eras...sort of like the ever-present evil.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

As mentioned before, the bio makes no reference to him being part of the past.

But since he's based on concept-art seen next to Vikor most often, fans associate him with Vikor.

I reckon if Mattel had planned to place him in a certain spot with the timeline they would have included
    propably the POG-sticker.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    No doubt he is from Vikor's time, and then ages later, his spirit is then taken from wherever it is to possess Keldor.
    Not necessarily. It's not mentioned. Hopefully they'll tie up this loose end sometime in this line. Or maybe they just want to leave it up to us.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Not necessarily. It's not mentioned. Hopefully they'll tie up this loose end sometime in this line. Or maybe they just want to leave it up to us.
    True. As I said, it might be open ended. It would be nice for them to tie it up one day, but who knows...
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Warrior
    Didn't Hordak summon Demo-Man from Despondos?

Sure wish there was more in Demo-Man's bio. I'm definitely going to have to say he was the enemy of Vikor. One good theory I have is that MOTUC Skeletor is a combination of both Keldor and Demo-Man which means he would attain the magical skills and fighting ability from both. Logically, that would make Skeletor competent and a genuine threat since he has skills of two seperate entities. At least in my canon anyway.

Demo- Man. Fiend or Foe?

Soooo, since Skeletor is the combination of Keldor and Demo-man, does that but Demo-man in service of the Horde before the merge?
    I like the look of him with My Horde Figures. If I can figure out a way to put a Bat emblem on him I might leave him there. But for Continuity sake, I'd like to know where everyone thinks he should go.
    M

EDIT

You know, it would help If I'd have read the Bio more carefully.
    But still, I'd like to know what everyone else has done with him.
    Last edited by Mythew; June 12, 2013 at 06:14pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    Soooo, since Skeletor is the combination of Keldor and Demo-man, does that but Demo-man in service of the Horde before the merge?
    I like the look of him with My Horde Figures. If I can figure out a way to put a Bat emblem on him I might leave him there. But for Continuity sake, I'd like to know where everyone thinks he should go.
    M

EDIT

You know, it would help If I'd have read the Bio more carefully.
    But still, I'd like to know what everyone else has done with him.
    In my continuity, Demo-Man wasn't combined with Skeletor. His power was. Demo-Man is now allied with Draego-Man and he wants his power back.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    If I recall correctly, Toyguru said at one point that Demo Man was someone that Hordak had captured and essentially had "sitting around on a shelf". His only real "story purpose" was to be combined. So he wasn't a horde member or anything like that.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

In my MOTU novel, Demo-Man appears, but I don't call him that. I call him "The Nameless One"

Keldor makes a Faustian deal with him for more power and it doesn't work out so well for Keldor. No merger, though. I always thought that was silly.
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

Heroic Warrior
    I always had the feeling that the was literally a demon man that had been captured or at least tricked or lured into the melding with Keldor. It was the extra pure evil that Keldor needed, the extra pure savage magical power.
    I don't even view him as a wholly physical being, I picture him more like magical powers trapped inside a very thin physical shell, more ethereal then anything else really.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Demo-Man was originally designed to be the main MOTU antagonist while Vikor was supposed to be the original Hero before it was redesigned and became Skeletor and He-Man.

But in my canon, Demo-Man was after the Kingdom of The North, allied with both Megator and Gy-Gor. The Kingdom is protected by Vykron, Vikor and T'la (BG Teela).

Demo-Man met his demised when both Vykron and Vikor used the Sword of He, granted unto them by The Goddess soon after Grayskull's demised. Demo-Man's body was disintegrated and his spirit got trapped in Despondos where Hordak had found him and used his powers to merge DM with Keldor, and the rest is history!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Personal Canon: First off, my own personal story has Eternia (the planet) posessed of an ancient technological civilization that left behind all sorts of junk and put the current MotU story in place. Much of the tech is dug up and reused or rebuilt. Roboto's torso and most of his head were dug up, for instance, with MAA rebuilding the rest. The Snake Men are also a product of generations of genetic testing to build a super army, which also resulted in all the "failures" which eventually gave birth to the various races of animal people (not right away, of course. Took many many ages to get to what you know as Stratos' race or Buzz-Off's).

Something destroyed this civilization, of course. Whatever it was came from tampering with the natural Nexus of sorts that stands at the spot where Grayskull would eventually be constructed. Dimensions were crossed, portals were opened and closed, the land shifted, and the civilization was rent asunder. When this occurred, Demo-Man came into being. He doesn't fully know who or what he was before his birth. He could have been someone from this Civilization or could have been a demon from one of the many portals. Highest probablility is that he is some sort of mix of demon, human, and Gods knows what else from the molten chemical and magical pools of waste left over from the immediate aftermath.

Demo-Man was pure hatred. Evil. Death. He had no real reasoning behind his goals of conquest and torture. Over the centuries he would be sealed away by many heros, and finally met his match in Vikor, who would be the hero to take on Demo-Man in his last revival. Vikor was getting on in age at the time, but he still hit like thunder and took hits as if he were made of stone. Demo-Man fought Vikor many times, but thier final encounter resulted in a battle that went on for days. Vikor had sworn never to use the Sword of Power - only to protect it. Demo-Man would prove too strong however, and all signs of being able to seal him once again were proving to be futile.

Vikor knew that bringing out the Sword of Power could be his answer to defeating Demo-Man...or it could be a dangerous mistake. Demo-Man brought his full power to the fight but, in the end, he fell to the Sword of Power as it pierced his heart. The Sword would take no damage, but Vikor would fall weeks later to the toxic essence that flowed from Demo-Man in his death throes. Demo-Man's spirit then roamed Eternia from then onward until he was forced to heed the call of a dark sorcerer and become merged with a dying Keldor...

Um...that's it! Best I got for the moment.
    Last edited by Alexx; June 12, 2013 at 07:49pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Demo-Man: in the time before the snake men, there was an evil king who went to the timeless dimension seeking more power. While there he became more corrupted, and hideously transformed, more demon than man. The great wars opened a portal that threw him back into Eternia, where he recruited the fighting foe men in his fight against Vikor to get the power sword.
    What happens next? Find out in the photo story I publish sometime in the next 1-5 years. lol.

The Demo-Man combination with Keldor always felt like Go Nagai's Devilman for me. Just like when Amon merges with Akira Fudo in that classic Japanese pop culture icon tale... A powerful demon merges with a mortal here in Classics. Scott said that Hordak had Demo-Man in a jar (or something) until he needed him to fulfill a purpose, and he found that purpose when a dying Keldor pleaded for help. I think many fans wanted Demo-Man to be Vikor's opposition (because of their artistic connection) but according to Classics canon this is not the case at all, and Demo-Man does not seem to have a defined nemesis, and may not even be from the same timeline. The Fighting Foe Men have been placed as the ones that Vikor battles with no relation to Demo-Man. I have all of my figures mixed, but if I was to place Demo-Man in a faction, he would be in Chaotic Evil (or Independent Evil) like Count Marzo, a mostly stand alone villain.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    Well, in *my* personal canon, he was just a regular guy named Dave who ate too many green-apple Jolly Ranchers and passed out in his backyard, only to wake up on Eternia, transformed. He would try to make a new life in this bizarre new world, and for a time, was employed at a local Battle Ram wash-n-detailing joint. He was fired for showing up late one day and swore vengeance on all middle-managers in the universe before completely forgetting this vendetta in exchange for surfing. He taught a young Keldor how to use a boogie board, but then the smarmy little SOB went and took first place in a local competition. Dejected and feeling useless, Dave decided to exact revenge against Keldor as well, but lost interest in this too. He signed up for the Horde, but was declined and rejected as a recruit, as Hordak was off that day and had left the giant Fright Zone snake monster in charge of hiring. Hungering for more Jolly Ranchers, Dave begged Hordak the next day, but Hordak was having none of it as he was dealing with one mother of a hangover from the party the night before. Hordak meant to just kick Dave out by waving him towards the door, but - still a bit tipsy - Hordak accidentally merged Dave with Keldor. For a time, the newly-created Skeletor was left a raving lunatic, hoping to break the dimensional barriers in search for Jolly Ranchers, but the two minds finally came to resolve their mental conflict when Skeletor became convinced all of the Jolly Ranchers were hidden inside Castle Grayskull. Thus, Dave is content to be part of Skeletor, partly because he's just lazy, but mostly because he hopes Skeletor is right.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare