Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anything worth getting today on MattyCollector?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    An extra Netossa could make a great base for a Queen Balina of Targa figure!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Bought nothing except my 1 sub.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    I know this has been pointed out many times before, but it bears repeating... What we are charged is not shipping; it is shipping & handling. As with most "mail order" companies, the price you pay to receive your item is not meant to be nor represent the actual shipping cost to the company, but encompasses their costs for materials & labor to pack the items as well as shipping. This isn't included in the base price of the item. Amazon is able to lose money on their shipping & handling charges because of their relatively low overhead, income from 3rd party sales managed on their site, variable profit margin on items across a wide range of categories, etc. Typically, companies only make profit on their goods, not their shipping & handling charges, which most companies are lucky to break even with. As with the rest of the prices/costs with the line, for the most part shipping & handling has been stable since day 1 with no increase, despite the very likely increase in costs to them. They should have increased shipping & handling fees over the years incrementally probably, just as many feel they should have with figures. It possibly could have helped this year's prices feel less dramatic... but then again, maybe not. The price for Priority Mail Flat Rate is going up about $2 across the board with costs for non-flat rate increasing in the neighborhood of 10% across the board.

The costs do feel a bit high, but people need to stop comparing what shipping themselves costs or what Amazon charges when they have the conversation... it's apples, oranges & bananas in comparison.
    I know what shipping and "HANDLING" is, I also know where I worked what we got paid hourly is the damn "handling" and the shipping was charged accordingly. I do know a thing or two about what I am talking about, and knowing what I know, I am perfectly justified, as is everyone else to complain as they see fit.

Not to mention, I can get cheaper shipping from other places, that say that they charge for shipping and supposed "handling" and they charge nothing what DR charges, Sears, JCPenney....and other online stores like BBTS, and HTS.com.... And JCPenney & Sears have the option to have something shipped to you from the store, and the handling is paid for by your hourly paycheck. I have also worked for fulfillment centers....so I do know every place I ever worked charges a S&H fee, but it's more a generic term used by many places.

So how is it not justified to compare DR to HTS, BBTS & other online stores....I get how Amazon saves and offers free shipping....but HTS & BBTS can have cheaper faster shipping....DR is no different....someone has to physically touch the inventory somewhere along the lines....and they get paid to do it. Even if DR does include a Handling fee....then it is a rip off, since their employees already get paid to handle merchandise. I mean it's not like they are doing anything else but handling merchandise and taking orders....so to include a handling charge is crap, since they get hourly wages in the warehouses.

Point is, with all the other sites able to provide cheaper shipping, the DR Matty site is garbage, and shipping is too high.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 15, 2013 at 03:25pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I know what shipping and "HANDLING" is, I also know where I worked what we got paid hourly is the damn "Handling" and the shipping was charged accordingly. I do know a thing or two about what I am talking about, and knowing what I know, I am perfectly justified, as is everyone else to complain as they see fit.
    Handling = Labor (Workers) & Materials (Boxes, Packing Material, Packing Tape) & Overhead (Rent, Transportation)

People are certainly welcome to any opinion they want about it, but the above is what handling "is."
    Amazon with their "Free Shipping" has completely changed the landscape of online sales and created some odd standard that only they can financially maintain. Unfortunately, the "no sales tax" advantage that many have enjoyed for years is quickly being closed off by new state laws regarding online sales. By 2015, Amazon will be required to collect sales tax for the majority of US states.
    Last edited by Kowl; January 15, 2013 at 03:31pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Handling = Labor (Workers) & Materials (Boxes, Packing Material, Packing Tape) & Overhead (Rent, Transportation)

People are certainly welcome to any opinion they want about it, but the above is what handling "is."
    Amazon with their "Free Shipping" has completely changed the landscape of online sales and created some odd standard that only they can financially maintain. Unfortunately, the "no sales tax" advantage that many have enjoyed for years is quickly being closed off by new state laws regarding online sales. By 2015, Amazon will be required to collect sales tax for the majority of US states.
    I said I have done it before, hence I know what "handling" is and everywhere I worked people were paid hourly to "Handle" packages....it's not opinion, it's fact, no matter where I worked regardless if it said handling on the orders, the shipping was what was charged, not handling.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Rorschach sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Bought nothing except my 1 sub.
    Same here...one of the few times that I don't visit Matty on sale day.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ihJjP1xL21A_xV

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...een_Balina.jpg
    Yeah, I'd also thought of this and I'll be buying another extra Netossa once her price drops in the secondary market. Queen Balina of Targa is definitely one of my must-have Filmation queens, along with Queen Sumana of Arcadia and Queen Elmora of Phantos (apart from Queen Marlena of Eternos, of course).

I've already bought an extra Marlena to customize a Sumana out of her (I also need a pair of extra Shadow Weaver's sleeves for her, but since getting a second Weaver just for a spare of those parts would be rather crazy, I think I'll end up casting them in resin out of the ones in my one and only [and quite expensive] Shadow Weaver). Still unsure what a good base for Elmora would be. Of course, my ideal would be to have these three beauties see their own MotUC release, rather than having to resort to makeshift customs, but the actual possibilities of that happening are close to nihil, unfortunately.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 15, 2013 at 09:20pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    That's something that has crossed my mind; however, international shipping for 2 figures now has spiked up to $22 >> So $76 for 2 MOTUC's is quite too much for my budget
    Ouch! Haven't though on those terms yet! I recently calculated that Europeans are paying 40.75US per single figure, that's 10.80 US excess to the original price (20us + 9.95us). My guess is that next black friday will have a lot more buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post

Also...for the first time ever UPS Ground is actually cheaper then USPS Parcel Post/Select? That can't be right either....
    UPS is almost always cheaper to ship than USPS from DR.

I saved a whole $4 shipping 2 Granamyrs just last month.

I said I have done it before, hence I know what "handling" is and everywhere I worked people were paid hourly to "Handle" packages....it's not opinion, it's fact, no matter where I worked regardless if it said handling on the orders, the shipping was what was charged, not handling.
    Maybe where you worked but that's not the policy everywhere. I worked for a warehouse and customers were charged for shipping AND a handling fee. On the warehouse copy of the invoice, but not the customer's copy, it even stated the actual shipping cost and how much "handling" they were charging the customer. Usually it was a flat rate based on the value of the invoice. Despite what you think, it's a fact that some places DO still charge for handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

Maybe where you worked but that's not the policy everywhere. I worked for a warehouse and customers were charged for shipping AND a handling fee. On the warehouse copy of the invoice, but not the customer's copy, it even stated the actual shipping cost and how much "handling" they were charging the customer. Usually it was a flat rate based on the value of the invoice. Despite what you think, it's a fact that some places DO still charge for handling.
    I never actually said anywhere that places didn't do it, so thanks for reading all my post and inferring before you jumped into the conversation. I said most places don't have need to, and employees are paid for it hourly, and yes I did say where "I" worked....so thanks....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Yeah, I'd also thought of this and I'll be buying another extra Netossa once her price drops in the secondary market. Queen Balina of Targa is definitely one of my must-have Filmation queens, along with Queen Sumana of Arcadia and Queen Elmora of Phantos (apart from Queen Marlena of Eternos, of course). I've already bought an extra Marlena to customize a Sumana out of her (I also need a pair of extra Shadow Weaver's sleeves for her, but since getting a second Weaver just for a spare of those parts would be rather crazy, I think I'll end up casting them in resin out of the ones in my one and only [and quite expensive] Shadow Weaver). Still unsure what a good base for Elmora would be. Of course, my ideal would be to have these three beauties see their own MotUC release, rather than having to resort to makeshift customs, but the actual possibilities of that happening are close to nihil, unfortunately.
    I thought about this too, but an extra will probably be on my short list (which the real list sounds like it will be quite short anyway) for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale this year.

and yes I did say where "I" worked....so thanks....
    Hence, why I said "you."

I highly recommend Netossa, myself.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Yeah, I'd also thought of this and I'll be buying another extra Netossa once her price drops in the secondary market.
    Please no. I have two extras I'm looking to sell but there aren't any takers unless I'm looking to lose a decent amount of money on her. I guess I will have to ebay my extra Ram Man and King He-man to try to make up the difference. I just hope she doesn't turn into the Star Sisters on the secondary market.

I regret that I won't be finishing my son's collection because of the rising prices, but at the same time it's refreshing to save money and not worry about ordering the extra outside of my sub. This will be the first year that I haven't bought an extra on a sale day.

Thanks Matty!
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I don't have a sub, just pick and choose during sale day. It was kinda nice being able to skip a month, without so much as being tempted by one of the figures! Now NEXT month.....that's another story!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    Was planning on the Rorschach but if I can add some MOTU stuff without too much extra shipping. I was thinking Griffin but not sure how good the figure is.
    The Griffin is amazing! the paint job & design are great. And if you plan on placing Beatman riding him. you would be very happy that you did buy the Griffin.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    I don't have a sub, just pick and choose during sale day. It was kinda nice being able to skip a month, without so much as being tempted by one of the figures! Now NEXT month.....that's another story!
    Next month, don't be looking for the figures to last long DOS....because it's not likely that they will.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Perhaps it depends on where you live then as I have never had UPS Ground be cheaper then USPS Parcel Post/Select from DR and I've been buying from the beginning. Not to mention, this is the first time I believe I've ever even heard it reported that way.

Also, as a general rule, unless you have a good negotiated plan with UPS, the USPS's Parcel Post/Select will always be cheaper then UPS Ground no matter where you live domestically for the average "Joe" that uses the service.

UPS Ground is better, but it does generally cost more.

Perhaps DR finally got at least some thing right.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Perhaps it depends on where you live then as I have never had UPS Ground be cheaper then USPS Parcel Post/Select from DR and I've been buying from the beginning. Not to mention, this is the first time I believe I've ever even heard it reported that way.

Also, as a general rule, unless you have a good negotiated plan with UPS, the USPS's Parcel Post/Select will always be cheaper then UPS Ground no matter where you live domestically for the average "Joe" that uses the service.

UPS Ground is better, but it does generally cost more.

Perhaps DR finally got at least some thing right.

USPS is cheap if your box dimensions aren't too large.

Once you reach a certain size though, UPS ground is actually cheaper.

Griffin was tempting, but I don't like the eyes.

Netossa while a nice looking figure, not one I want.

Rorshach was already sold out by the time I got home, I also have the DC Direct movie figure from years ago which I am fine with.

Picked up two Saint Walkers, one to keep packaged and one to open.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

USPS is cheap if your box dimensions aren't too large.

Once you reach a certain size though, UPS ground is actually cheaper.

You're right to an extent depending on the Zone. The balloon flat rate doesn't always kick in though do to the zone if it isn't really going that far. The USPS will take advantage of you though if that kicks in as they charge you for more then you even have in weight/size of the box.

The funny thing is though half the time that crap just gets transfered on over to UPS any ways as they handle a bunch of the larger packages for the Post Office only to then get dropped of at the next Post Office *by them* near the label's destination, resulting in being delivered by your mailman.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; January 16, 2013 at 01:56am.

Heroic Warrior
    I know what shipping and "HANDLING" is, I also know where I worked what we got paid hourly is the damn "handling" and the shipping was charged accordingly. I do know a thing or two about what I am talking about, and knowing what I know, I am perfectly justified, as is everyone else to complain as they see fit.

Not to mention, I can get cheaper shipping from other places, that say that they charge for shipping and supposed "handling" and they charge nothing what DR charges, Sears, JCPenney....and other online stores like BBTS, and HTS.com.... And JCPenney & Sears have the option to have something shipped to you from the store, and the handling is paid for by your hourly paycheck. I have also worked for fulfillment centers....so I do know every place I ever worked charges a S&H fee, but it's more a generic term used by many places.

So how is it not justified to compare DR to HTS, BBTS & other online stores....I get how Amazon saves and offers free shipping....but HTS & BBTS can have cheaper faster shipping....DR is no different....someone has to physically touch the inventory somewhere along the lines....and they get paid to do it. Even if DR does include a Handling fee....then it is a rip off, since their employees already get paid to handle merchandise. I mean it's not like they are doing anything else but handling merchandise and taking orders....so to include a handling charge is crap, since they get hourly wages in the warehouses.

Point is, with all the other sites able to provide cheaper shipping, the DR Matty site is garbage, and shipping is too high.
    I think the difference between DR & BBTS etc is that DR is not competing with anyone, therefore they can choose to charge whatever they want. With BBTS, they are in competition with ebay sellers, amazon and other online stores who all trying to sell MOTUC. However this might change with increase in shipping charges. As you have demostrated by buying the Griffin elsewhere at a cheaper price. So when it comes to already released figures like Horde prime, Griffin etc, I can see ppl looking else where becuz of the shipping rates. I know im gonna wait till BF N CM before I buy any re-releases from matty. IDK that's just my guess on why DR is charging more on shippping vs BBTS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ihJjP1xL21A_xV

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...een_Balina.jpg

Love to see this figure made.