Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/15 MattyCollector Sales Thread

MATTY NEWS : January 1/15 Sale Announced

[NOTICE - RamMan has been pushed back to Febuary]
    From Matty's Facebook:

IMPORTANT: 1/15 Sale Update! The full allotment of Ram Man won't arrive in time for all subscribers to get one so we're moving him to our 2/15 sale and switching up our Early Access items (1/14 8am thru 1/15 8am). Here's the new lineup for 1/15: Netossa, Horde Prime, Griffin, Saint Walker & Rorschach. Also, the My Subscriptions pages should launch this week full update soon!

[Direct link to the active sale page...]
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.34789435809

1/15 Sale: Netossa™, Ram Man®, Saint Walker, Rorschach & More
    [as listed here ... http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...orschach-more/]

Toy Fans,
    January 15th can’t get here fast enough. Why? Because it’s going to be an insane month of rad new products that includes the first release in our Watchmen series, Early Access starts for subscribers, and the new My Subscriptions section and Subscriptions portal will launch!
    But first things first… we know it’s really all about the toys so here’s what we’ve got lined up for Tuesday, January 15th at 9 a.m. PT (12 noon ET):

January 15th Monthly Sale

MOTUC: Netossa™ (monthly figure, included with Club Eternia® subscriptions)
    - PUSHED BACK TO FEBUARY- MOTUC: Ram Man® (“quarterly” figure, included with Club Eternia® subscriptions)
    MOTUC: Icarius™ (eligible for Early Access)
    MOTUC: Snout Spout™ (eligible for Early Access)
    DCU: Saint Walker (monthly figure, included with Club Infinite Earths subscriptions)
    Watchmen: Rorschach (bi-monthly figure, included with Club Black Freighter subscriptions)

NEW! Early Access

As a benefit of your subscription, you’re entitled to our all-new Early Access program that gives you the chance to purchase additional products before they’re made available to the general public. Early Access will generally take place a couple of days before the regular monthly sale so dates will change each month depending on which day of the week the regular sale happens. We’ll send you an email each month letting you know the dates.
    Remember, if a product is released through any one of our 2013 subscriptions then it will not be offered through Early Access. For January, that means you’ll have the chance to pick up Icarius™ and Snout Spout™. Neither of them are included with 2013 Club Eternia® subscriptions and if they sell out during Early Access they will NOT be available on January 15th. (Please note that these products are completely separate from the subscription so shipping can’t be combined.)

NEW! My Subscriptions Section

For 2013, we’re stoked to launch the all-new My Subscriptions section. If you’re a subscription holder, this will be your go-to spot to manage everything related to your subscriptions account. You can change/update your credit card information, shipping address, email address, and even combine or separate shipments. We expect to launch around the 10th of January and subscribers will receive an announcement and link to the new section as soon as it’s live.

NEW! Subscriptions Portal

While My Subscriptions is the place to go to manage your subscriptions account, our new Subscription portal will be the entry spot to Early Access. Launching at the same time as My Subscriptions, you’ll also get updates on new subscriptions, read about your existing subscriptions, and find fun new content we’ve got planned for later in the year.

January Subscription Key Dates

If you’re a subscription holder, here are the important dates to note for January 2013: Your subscription will renew 5 calendar days before the on-sale date, at which time your card will be authorized for the full amount of your order, so plan to have funds available before Thursday, January 10th. Subscription orders should also begin shipping approximately January 10th, three business days before the January 15th on-sale date, and your card will be charged the full amount at this time.

Whew! That’s a lot for one little news story! Remember, the sale starts Tuesday, January 15th at 9 a.m. PT (12 noon ET). Want an email reminder? Click here to register. Or, join me on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums and you’ll get reminders there, too.
    –Matty

[Direct link to the active sale page...]
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.34789435809
    Last edited by Replikor; January 7, 2013 at 07:27pm.

Why does the title of the thread say DECEMBER?
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Good stuff!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    oops... lol.
    Well, thats what I get for trying to use a shortcut an copy an paste... forgot a editing step... lol
    I will have to get a mod to correct it to January. I will go PM one right now.

Appologies

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    oops... lol.
    Well, thats what I get for trying to use a shortcut an copy an paste... forgot a editing step... lol

Appologies
    Apology NOT accepted. I want my money back!!

This is like the seventh time Snout Spout has shown up since I've been checking regularly... I wonder if I should get him just to stick a spare head on him or something.

Hmm we can't combine the early access stuff? I thought they said we were going to be able to do that. Also glad it seems that the BF/CM stuff that didn't sellout may show up monthly. I had to pass on like 10 of them due to funds.

Now just get me my Ram Man, Netossa & Rorschach!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

And that is so much BS about the non combined shipping....they **** you anyway they can, even giving you a new perk, they still **** you the same old way, like combining shipping is so damn difficult....but I forgot, it's DR.

We'll see if the Sub page is launched on the 10th or so.....

At least they are on the ball about sale announcements....early last year we had to wait until like 3 days before the sale to get the info....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 20, 2012 at 10:40pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I like how every thing goes live just at the moment that you're supposed have the funds available and stuff is supposed to start shipping.

COULD WE FREAKING CUT IT ANY CLOSER!! I mean geez......This stuff was supposed to be up and running along with promises as usual galore how long ago? And here we are down to the freaking wire as usual with NO time to see if any thing is even working properly before hand.

I was hoping to be able to casually go in to my account and change my CC info. BEFORE the start of the new subs. and now it looks like not only will I have to do it on the VERY DAY OF, but cross my fingers and hope that some thing doesn't get botched at the same time.

Should I call the "call center" and straighten it out there?

Yea, we all know how that usually goes. I LITERALLY know more about what's going on with things then they do 99% of the time and end up guiding them through the process, so what's the point.

I don't usually get on Mattel/DR for to many things, but now I'm starting to creep in to the boat with some of you other guys as this stuff is just beyond ridiculous already...

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I like how every thing goes live just at the moment that you're supposed have the funds available and stuff is supposed to start shipping.

COULD WE FREAKING CUT IT ANY CLOSER!! I mean geez......This stuff was supposed to be up and running along with promises as usual galore how long ago? And here we are down to the freaking wire as usual with NO time to see if any thing is even working properly before hand.

I was hoping to be able to casually go in to my account and change my CC info. BEFORE the start of the new subs. and now it looks like not only will I have to do it on the VERY DAY OF, but cross my fingers and hope that some thing doesn't get botched at the same time.

Should I call the "call center" and straighten it out there?

Yea, we all know how that usually goes. I LITERALLY know more about what's going on with things then they do 99% of the time and end up guiding them through the process which is pretty sad, so what's the point.

I don't usually get on Mattel/DR for to many things, but now I'm starting to creep in to the boat with some of you other guys as this stuff is just beyond ridiculous already...
    ya, just call em bud!
    I did, and it took less than 5 mins to fix my exact same problem.

EASY PEASY

Just tell me your card will expire before the new sub you ordered starts up. They will go into the system and cancel the old sub order on the expiring card an get the new card info, an then replace the sub order using the new card info... no worries.

Just call em, bud.

^ I'm glad you said it's easy Rep, I had security issues & am getting a new card. I was super worried about messing up my subs. I'll flip out if I miss Rammy!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

ya, just call em bud!
    I did, and it took less than 5 mins to fix my exact same problem.

EASY PEASY

Just tell me your card will expire before the new sub you ordered starts up. They will go into the system and cancel the old sub order on the expiring card an get the new card info, an then replace the sub order using the new card info... no worries.

Just call em, bud.

It's actually not.....So far I'm 1 for 2 with info. changes. I've had to change my info. twice in the past. One time the operator supposedly FULLY understand every thing that I wanted to do, only to find out that NOTHING that I had requested was implemented, while another it worked.

They're SUPER spotty over there and I'm just going to call it as it is. It's really an amateur run operation. The CS that you deal with more then half the time seriously has no clue to what's going on and to what you're even talking about.

You gotta go through hoops all the time while requesting supervisors and just pray that it works. Now, it hasn't been like that all the time, but more times then I can keep track of, which says a lot, and I KNOW that I'm not the only one....

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    ^ I'm glad you said it's easy Rep, I had security issues & am getting a new card. I was super worried about messing up my subs. I'll flip out if I miss Rammy!
    Well it was for me at least, I called and I got that new english speaking customer service group... an it was fast getting it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    oops... lol.

Appologies
    No worries. I was just confused. lol.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

You can change/update your credit card information, shipping address, email address, and even combine or separate shipments.
    But will we be able to change our shipping methods? This is important. I hope they'll allow us such a basic option...

So, our goal as subscribers is to buy ALL of the Ram Man figures before DOS and then sell them on eBay for $500 each, right?

FYI - As Scott confirmed in an old Ask Matty question, "reissued" cs stock and "essentials" figures in 2013 will be priced at the $27 day of price.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...077#2041043077

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...077#6641035077
    Last edited by Kowl; December 21, 2012 at 04:11pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    So, our goal as subscribers is to buy ALL of the Ram Man figures before DOS and then sell them on eBay for $500 each, right?
    You can't buy sub items with early access.

Hopefully the around January 10 isn't the same estimate type as Scott's a few weeks at Toyfare last year. Also didn't Scott just answer a question on matty with a snotty falls not over yet when asked when the page will be up?

I hope it comes and works as it should have 3 years ago, but honestly will only believe it when I see it.

J

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wow, the Dec sales were so bad they wanted to just forget about them and jump into Jan already? That was fast.

Anyway, if the subs are going to be charged Jan 10th, and we don't have access to the My Subscription Page until Jan 10th, how are we supposed to make sure the subs ship to the correct address?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

SO - no combined shipping, can't buy sub stuff early and talk of reduced SKUs all around. What exactly then is the use of early access?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    SO - no combined shipping, can't buy sub stuff early and talk of reduced SKUs all around. What exactly then is the use of early access?
    Yeah, what is the point?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Getting things like Granamyr, weapons packs, and vehicles early.

All I can think is that we are getting 6 non sub figures for MOTUC. Scott said we would likely see the same amount of items as we did last Toy Fair, and there HAD to be a reason for early access. Let's look at facts - DCUC isn't getting anything extra, neither is Watchmen from the sound of it (poor Bubastis), we won't be seeing scene pieces or large items for MOTUC. All that remains are non sub figures.

"Getting things like Granamyr, weapons packs, and vehicles early."

Except the only thing plausible out of those 3 are weapon packs and if the last one is anything to go by, we wouldn't need early access. Scott pretty much killed the notion of more vehicles and Granamyr is likely a failure in the eyes of management.

I'm guessing whatever surprise awaits us at NYTF will make the early access seem like more of a benefit.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Icarius? Am I missing something? Why is he going on sale again? Did the figure not sell well? Are tack on sales just a way for Matty to get rid of warehouse stock? I imagine Mer-Man will be included in the 1/15 sale.