Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/15 MattyCollector Sales Thread

There's no pleasing everyone though. There's two thoughts at play.

1. Subscribers want early access for sub items.
    2. Cherry pickers hate this idea because nothing would be left for them potentially and it's not fair.

The only flaw I see is the lack of combined shipping for early access.

As for no extra items coming this year. You don't know that. Strobo is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Wow, the Dec sales were so bad they wanted to just forget about them and jump into Jan already? That was fast.

Anyway, if the subs are going to be charged Jan 10th, and we don't have access to the My Subscription Page until Jan 10th, how are we supposed to make sure the subs ship to the correct address?
    Probably more they tend to post these the last week of the month, or the first week. Since the holidays are next week they did it early.

Now to make sure i get the figure(s) I want. Mainly after Saint Walker
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

NEW! Subscriptions Portal

While My Subscriptions is the place to go to manage your subscriptions account, our new Subscription portal will be the entry spot to Early Access. Launching at the same time as My Subscriptions, you’ll also get updates on new subscriptions, read about your existing subscriptions, and find fun new content we’ve got planned for later in the year.

So I find this a little exciting. Did you notice what he says here? "updates on new subscriptions" I am super hopeful for a new MOTU sub for Filmation figures. I hope this will be the surprise at NYTF.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    So I find this a little exciting. Did you notice what he says here? "updates on new subscriptions" I am super hopeful for a new MOTU sub for Filmation figures. I hope this will be the surprise at NYTF.
    If it is Filmation figures - I hope to god they are nothing like the recent Randor. By far the most disappointing figure in the line thus far.

As the resident gossip monger (lol), I'm telling you that rumors are flying about a LOT of out-of-sub MOTUC product coming in 2013.

The fact that Mattel & Digital River won't cater to their most loyal customers, subscribers, by combining shipping is just ludicrous, and it makes me angry. They are basically saying, "Sucker!!! You're going to have to pay double shipping and tax on the shipping anyway!!! Ha ha!! More money for Digital River!"

Day-of buyers risk losing out on products, but it may still be cheaper in the end to be a day-of buyer, even with the higher non-sub prices

Maybe that's ridiculous, but correct me if their inaction on combined shipping does NOT imply that sentiment.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Icarius? Am I missing something? Why is he going on sale again? Did the figure not sell well? Are tack on sales just a way for Matty to get rid of warehouse stock? I imagine Mer-Man will be included in the 1/15 sale.
    Sometimes I think they are just selling of CS stock, too.

Also, why is everyone saying they won't combine subs? Confused? Doesn't it say you CAN?
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    As the resident gossip monger (lol), I'm telling you that rumors are flying about a LOT of out-of-sub MOTUC product coming in 2013.

The fact that Mattel & Digital River won't cater to their most loyal customers, subscribers, by combining shipping is just ludicrous, and it makes me angry. They are basically saying, "Sucker!!! You're going to have to pay double shipping and tax on the shipping anyway!!! Ha ha!! More money for Digital River!"

Maybe that's ridiculous, but correct me if their inaction on combined shipping does NOT imply that sentiment.
    Hope it's true duke! I just don't get how companies that DON'T specialize in product distribution can handle combined shipping yet DR cannot or will not.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Sometimes I think they are just selling of CS stock, too.

Also, why is everyone saying they won't combine subs? Confused? Doesn't it say you CAN?
    We are talking about combing early access purchases with subscription items.

There is nothing complicated about that. BigBadToyStore has a pile of loot option. It's not rocket science. Digital river just won't do it because they will lose money.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    If it is Filmation figures - I hope to god they are nothing like the recent Randor. By far the most disappointing figure in the line thus far.
    DUDE!!! That King Randor blew the other "vintage toy version" out of the water!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    DUDE!!! That King Randor blew the other "vintage toy version" out of the water!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!
    Except for the yellow crown and weapon, inability to sit down, lost articulation, lost detail. It was perfectly translated from FILMation, which to me is the antithesis of what MOTUC was about. Same reason I'm not fond of Orko.

Except for the yellow crown and weapon, inability to sit down, lost articulation, lost detail. It was perfectly translated from FILMation, which to me is the antithesis of what MOTUC was about. Same reason I'm not fond of Orko.
    Well, the first version couldn't sit either, unless you took his armor off because of the cape. He also couldn't really stand because he had horribly loose ankles

It's true that Eternos Palace Randor is WAY too limited as far as movement goes, but that's Ruben's fault, not Filmation's lol

He's in charge of turning the 4H's designs into functional toys. With Eternos Palace Randor (and Dekker, for that matter), he didn't do such a great job

But as far as your preferences are concerned, should the majority of MOTU fans, who want Filmation characters, lose out because you don't want them? How do you lose out of they are made? You can either sell them if they are in the sub, or not buy them if they show up out of the sub

....should the majority of MOTU fans, who want Filmation characters, lose out because you don't want them? How do you lose out of they are made? You can either sell them if they are in the sub, or not buy them if they show up out of the sub
    I'm not saying don't make Filmation figures, but if they make them - model them along the lines of BP She-Ra. Add detail, embelishment. Don't make them so blah and one dimensional. I'd love to see the 4H take on a character like Sea Hawk, or see what they can do with the ladies, but straight translations of what was on screen is boring. These figures look better with details, texturing and depth.

Just my opinion but I loved the new King Randor. He looks like he jumped off the television screen. I want all of my Filmation characters to look like that. I'm not too fussed about limited movement if it means sticking to the animated look. His only job is to stand in my collector's case and look pretty. That's pretty off topic though.

As far as this sale announcement goes I'm glad that Snout Spout will be available because I missed him recently.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I'm glad that Snout Spout will be available because I missed him recently.
    You better buy two.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    So, our goal as subscribers is to buy ALL of the Ram Man figures before DOS and then sell them on eBay for $500 each, right?
    Nope....Early Access of for NON sub items only....

I'm not saying don't make Filmation figures, but if they make them - model them along the lines of BP She-Ra. Add detail, embelishment. Don't make them so blah and one dimensional. I'd love to see the 4H take on a character like Sea Hawk, or see what they can do with the ladies, but straight translations of what was on screen is boring. These figures look better with details, texturing and depth.
    To you that is, not to everyone. And Orko is cool by the way....his Classics figure is no more or less detailed than his Vintage figure....only smaller.

Adam is not overly detailed, Marlena, Adora, She-Ra....I'm not saying I agree with Randor being an absolute direct translation, yes he could have used a bit more detail, but he's hardly the worst figure in the line....I for one don't like Spector, SLL, Gygor, or Megator....Randor stands out on my shelves, and that I like....and he does fit into Classics nicely, especially when you place him next to Marlena, Adam & Adora.

Day-of buyers risk losing out on products, but it may still be cheaper in the end to be a day-of buyer, even with the higher non-sub prices

Of course there will be a lot of non sub items in 2013....and for $27....BS....hopefully not much I will want, because I am not paying $27 a figure for regular figures, I got the sub to stay at my $25 max on this overly expensive line....$27 is just too damn much for me to spend on this plastic per figure, per month....a one time $80 Dragon with no sub at the time is one thing....but I am not paying for sub figures, and paying $27 on top of that....nope, not gonna happen....

Only way it will happen is for Dragstor, Castaspella, Mantenna & Two Bad....but likely Two-bad will be a Ram-Man class figure.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

One last point before I completely derail the thread.. but if FILMation fans can get under detailed, primary colored figures, why can I not get a bit more 200X detailing? It's a double standard. Randor's crown should have been gold, not yellow. Same for his spear.

I just want NYTF to hurry so I can see what they have planned that will make me want to pay double shipping.

Didnt he say that the early access would also be for SDCC items too!?

That was a huge selling point for me, as I like MH, and that heffer sold out in less than 3 minutes!

And knowing Ill be able to get a Strobo with out worrying about....sweet!!

- - - Updated - - -

Be specific...Be...Be specific...

2013 is my first year of being a subscriber, so I'm excited...And also a bit nervous about how DR will handle it. During the sub drive, I bought 3 subs at different times so my main concern right now is making sure all my subs are combined and I don't end up with multiple shipping charges every month.

I'm glad to see the My Subs page going live soon but agree that the timing is a bit tight for the first month. IMO, it should go up around the 5th to give us enough time to get familiarized with the new system. I also feel that Early Access items should be combined with our regular subs but then, it would have to go up before the billing/shipping cycle kicks in. For example, making Early Access be available for a limited time (Say, the 7th-9th of the month) and then everything gets processed for shipping on the 10th. Right now, having it open "A few days before the sale date" sounds like it will happen after sub items ship.

Having Early Access to re-issues, like Icarius and Snout Spout, is kinda neat for those who need to fill in a few gaps in their collections. Make Tytus, Teela, Mo-Larr, Shadow Beasts, and the earlier Weapons Paks available again and I'll be happy. I can't wait to hear what the NYTF surprise announcement is, too...Provided that we all survive the Spell of Separation tomorrow, heheh!

One last point before I completely derail the thread.. but if FILMation fans can get under detailed, primary colored figures, why can I not get a bit more 200X detailing? It's a double standard. Randor's crown should have been gold, not yellow. Same for his spear.

I just want NYTF to hurry so I can see what they have planned that will make me want to pay double shipping.
    There's a difference between basic styling, meaning less details, than there is to a over stylized figure....Vintage figures which the Classics line is based on, were not overly detailed....therefore, running a 200X character through the "Classisizer" makes them look like Keldor....not Marzo....A Filmation character run through the same machine would look pretty much like a Filmation character....since Filmation was based loosely on the figures to begin with.

Filmation "Style" is pretty much Vintage style, which the line is based on....be glad the Classics figures we have, have well more detail than the figures they are based on. 200X style is over animated, and oversized and exaggerated....which in a Vintage "styled" line....it has no place, they stick out worse than Filmation ever would.

And no one said Filmation = lack of detail....Randor, for whatever reason, is modeled after his toon image....basically just like Marlena as Marlena, only difference....Marlena's crown is gold, Randor's isn't.

I don't mind 200X cues, so long as the over exaggerated elements of the styling stays out of Classics....Filmation characters, should and can be well more detailed than their toon counterparts. Catra is a great example of this....BP She-Ra didn't have to have the embellishments on her boots and gauntlets....the original looked just fine without it, Catra looks fine without it....BP She-Ra's dress looks and works better, but no detail was added, it was just a carbon copy with a few things moved a bit to add waist articulation to it, and brightened up. I like the 200X parts to Fisto...minus the ridiculous sword that is, and the shopping cart on his back ruined the armor to for me, for that stupid sword.

I don't like Marzo, but Carnivus is OK, he's pretty much Beast Man as far as styling goes....but I don't like the sharp edges to Marzo's face, and hair....that is what is different than Filmation styling, FIlmation styling may be dressed down, but it can be dressed up when made into figure form....and will fit nicely in Classics....

Filmation never had a line styled after it per se....200X did, NA did, and they are gone now, and now that Mattel has the rights to Filmation....those characters and their unique styling (which is pretty much Vintage styling) should be able to have their day in the light. Horde Prime is a more Filmation design....look at his detail.

That being said....I have no desire to see Plundor in figure form....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 21, 2012 at 02:01am.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Randor is an awesome figure. I am really happy at how he turned out, and I hope more of his ilk are on the way.

Randor's crown was yellow in the Filmation show, not gold. You could always swap the original Randor's head with the new body....

ON TOPIC: I am sorely disappointed in the lack of combined shipping. Isn't this the reason we have an account with Matty? So that all of our purchases can be tracked, separated, grouped, and / or shipped together??

Duke makes a great point, what's the point of early access when we can just wait for DOS and actually combine those purchases? At the risk of [maybe] missing an early access item, we can save loads of money by waiting like everyone else....... hmmmm, this doesn't seem like a sub benefit so far.....

Also, I WANT A FILMATION ONLY SUB FOR 2013!!!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Ahh... Yes. Bow is a great example of what you're talking about, IMO, and BP She-Ra is too (to a lesser extent). I too want a bit more detail. I guess with the recent Randor, other than stitching etched into his garb, there might not have been a lot of options to add detail But I totally get what you are saying, and I agree.

Ahh... Yes. Bow is a great example of what you're talking about, IMO, and BP She-Ra is too (to a lesser extent). I too want a bit more detail. I guess with the recent Randor, other than stitching etched into his garb, there might not have been a lot of options to add detail But I totally get what you are saying, and I agree.
    Bow went from a figure I didn't really care about to one of the stand outs in the line. He showed the potential to update FILMation/POP designs and was exactly what the line should be. Sadly it seems the ladies were forgot about in favor of a more cartoon appearance. The POP dolls had some great design cues that I wish were followed though on more.

Typical for DR/Matty. How in the world do they want to manage it that customers are able to change anything on their January subscription(s) if the my sub page launches at the same time our subs will be IN PROCESS. I highly doubt that DR is able to control and adjust changes to products which have "renewed" and are "in process" and are about to be shipped.

Great news fools. Now, how will I be able to split my sub to send items separately?

Do they only think just one second before they post stuff?

If they arent letting us combine shipping... do you honestly think they can handle split shipping?

Heroic Warrior
    I would have liked to see gold on the crown too... but honestly, that's their new strategy. They have been going for a 'mix and match' stratagy since BP She-ra and Demoman... As for Gold spear?? We already GOT one in a weapons pack... Another mix and match concept.

Sitting is a problem that ALL these figures have had but especially the ones with capes. ... Marlena can't sit on a throne either... Marlena, Randor #1, Horde Prime, Hordak, King Grayskull and King He-man...

once you get a crown... you forever stand

Well, the first version couldn't sit either, unless you took his armor off because of the cape. He also couldn't really stand because he had horribly loose ankles

But as far as your preferences are concerned, should the majority of MOTU fans, who want Filmation characters, lose out because you don't want them? How do you lose out of they are made? You can either sell them if they are in the sub, or not buy them if they show up out of the sub
    Ehhhhh... I DESPISE the 'sub-only' model that they are adopting... it's easy to say 'Sell the ones you don't want'.... But I've had Netossa posted in the marketplace without any bites at all...

There was a lot of talk of PoP fans who would scoop them up... I hope they don't all disappear when it's actually time to unload some of these figures I don't want...

This.

I keep looking him over, and I'm not sure WHERE we wanted this detail to be? Gold crown would be nice... but maybe we're supposed to mix it with toy randor... Belt? He's not wearing armor right now, it's a boring belt... he HAS the 'standard bracers'.... Robes and tights... that's what he's wearing, and I'm not sure how you could have translated that into 'Filmation style Randor' that they were looking for.... AND put in more details to where it isn't 'Filmation randor' anymore....

She-ra, Adora, Bow... they have armor that can be spiced up a bit.... but ruling robes don't give much opportunity...