Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/15 MattyCollector Sales Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    If you had only said it that way in the first place.... Certain forms of sarcasm doesn't always translate well online....

This is what they should have done with him, and the $7 is utterly nonsense anyway for pre 2012 figures....let alone a figure that has known and acknowledged by the company defects.

He should be $7+ less than original sale price instead of $7 more, that part is indeed the biggest piece of the unethical part.
    Yeah, I should have used "sarcasm" tags

And I agree with you guys: giving early access to subscribers for figures they already have and with a $7 increase + increased shipping is ridiculous. I'm a cherry picker myself, and I'm glad that early access is not for sub items, but come on! Even I know that the perks for subscribers with this early access stuff is ridiculous. At least if Mattel had kept the $20 price point for the "reissues" in the early access sale, that would have counted for something, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Yeah, I should have used "sarcasm" tags

And I agree with you guys: giving early access to subscribers for figures they already have and with a $7 increase + increased shipping is ridiculous. I'm a cherry picker myself, and I'm glad that early access is not for sub items, but come on! Even I know that the perks for subscribers with this early access stuff is ridiculous. At least if Mattel had kept the $20 price point for the "reissues" in the early access sale, that would have counted for something, in my opinion.
    Wait...[sarcasm] [/sarcasm] there you go....

It would have certainly made up for the lack of not combining shipping....For me, to be honest, Early access won't of much use....unless it's one of my 4 wanted yet to be made figures for non sub items, I will certainly not be spending $27 for a figure....$2 is $2 especially since they went from $22 DOS to now $25 for subs already, another $2 won't be happening.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I just cannot wait to try out the early access in January!

Have to agree that 2013 sub holders should get re-issues/older releases at $20-$22. Giving early access to figures nobody wants is a joke and an insult. Besides why limit the sales of figures few folks would buy?
    Last edited by blackiecats; December 21, 2012 at 06:57pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I just cannot wait to try out the early access in January!

Have to agree that 2013 sub holders should get re-issues/older releases at $20-$22. Giving early access to figures nobody wants is a joke and an insult. Besides why limit the sales of figures few folks would buy?
    I agree, the "early access" now seems cripplingly weak... sub holders really don't have any extra benefits except saving $5 over the day of sale price... which you might loose actually even more doing as sub holders have stated in the past that DR tends to screw sub orders up and bill you VERY VERY oddly at times...
    Such as totals equaling items shipped with separate individual shipping fees [per item] instead of an order with 2 items and 1 shipping fee = 1 amount.

Personally, this will be my first subscription for Classics... so this year for me will FOREVER determine if I go back to day of for good or stay a subscription based buyer. As I will be doing comparison totals for each month of the items I buy via a subscription an see if I could have saved money buying "day of" instead.

I will be posting these amounts for reference, for anyone coming on now that might want to know which method would be better for them individually.
    Last edited by Replikor; December 21, 2012 at 08:06pm.

I'm sure it's already been said. I didn't want to read the few pages of this thread. As a subscription holder I was excited about the early access. At first I thought I'd be able to get anything before the sale date including the monthly figsures. I assumed Matty would put a limit of like 2 figures. And of course as we all know now this early acces doesn't include DOS items.....lame. So Matty really brought down the walls when they put 2 of the HTF figures up for DOS. Icarus...who??....really? And Snout Spout...a C lister at best. Kidding....but c'mon Matty. Seriously Matty these are the best figures you could open 2013 up with. Shooting blanks with these 2 figs especially if their listed at the "new" price. $27 right?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I'm sure it's already been said. I didn't want to read the few pages of this thread. As a subscription holder I was excited about the early access. At first I thought I'd be able to get anything before the sale date including the monthly figsures.
    But... they said otherwise from the VERY beginning. Early access NEVER included the subscription figures.

Which I honestly feel is AWESOME. The idea of every sub holder buying the Ram mans before DOS even gets a shot at them is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    . So Matty really brought down the walls when they put 2 of the HTF figures up for DOS. Icarus...who??....really? And Snout Spout...a C lister at best. Kidding....but c'mon Matty. Seriously Matty these are the best figures you could open 2013 up with. Shooting blanks with these 2 figs especially if their listed at the "new" price. $27 right?
    Remember... December had 2 giants and a regular figure... January had Netossa and Ram Man... If they had put... Fisto up for a resell people would be screaming to heaven about Matty costing too MUCH.

Reissues should NOT be stacked up the same months as Quarterly figures.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I don't remember them saying anything about it not including subscription items. They said Early Access allowed anyone who had a sub to gain access to non-sub items early (meaning you can get anything early, but the emphasis was on getting those convention figures a few days before the general public got them).
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    With Early Access I have no fears about getting Strobo and any other non-sub surprises!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

They never said sub items. There were countless posts here how people would get the pitch forks out if they did allow sub items and alienate cherry pickers into extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    But... they said otherwise from the VERY beginning. Early access NEVER included the subscription figures.

Which I honestly feel is AWESOME. The idea of every sub holder buying the Ram mans before DOS even gets a shot at them is insane.

Remember... December had 2 giants and a regular figure... January had Netossa and Ram Man... If they had put... Fisto up for a resell people would be screaming to heaven about Matty costing too MUCH.

Reissues should NOT be stacked up the same months as Quarterly figures.
    I agree, it would give scalpers too great an opportunity....glad they limited it to non sub items only. And I also agree, nothing non sub should be on the 4 Quarterly months....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I don't remember them saying anything about it not including subscription items. They said Early Access allowed anyone who had a sub to gain access to non-sub items early (meaning you can get anything early, but the emphasis was on getting those convention figures a few days before the general public got them).
    Many many times about being ONLY NON sub items, it even says so on the sale notice page....Sub items are not part of the "Early Access"....but then again neither is combined shipping....which is BS.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Now I'm mad.... We were specifically told that the shipping would combine with our subs for the early access figures.

I would have to go hunt down the exact thread, but when this was first announced, I had expressed the following concern about this early access process... Since I'm a subscriber, I'm already paying one shipping fee for my sub items. If a month occurs where I want to buy both a non sub item (such as a weapons pack, a non-sub item like Granamyr, etc) AND any additional duplicates of items included in the subs (like some figures with more than 1 head, to display them all if I want to, or buying extras of army builder packs), now I have to make it a point to be online to order on two separate occasions instead of one just to absolutely ensure that I get the items that I want, AND pay two more separate shipping charges. At the time I said that the only way that early access would be remotely worth it is if the shipping would combine with our subs, and I seem to recall Toyguru responding to my post saying that it will.

But now it turns out that isn't the case afterall. Now I have to either make it a point to place two separate orders on two separate days when items go on sale when/if I want a non-sub item and extras of a sub item... or choose to take a risk and not order the non-sub item until the sub-included items go up for general sale, and there's no guarantee that will last that lone. I realize that many items last longer these days than what used to be the case, but from time to time some items still sell out quickly. As such, I just assume the worst and try to be online to order when I want to order any items manually.... to the point where I will even take vacation days off of work to be online to order (luckily I get a really nice amount of days at my job, otherwise I wouldn't use them for this... and with the subs these occasions are few and far between these days). Now I have to possibly take two days off in the same month just to place these orders? This TOTALLY defeats why I started buying subs in the first place.

In all honesty, even IF the early access items shipping would combine with our subs (but esspecially now that we know they don't), I would just rather everything go on sale for everyone at the same time. Because whether the non-sub item's shipping were to combine with my actual subscription, or instead with the separate extras of sub-items that I manually order, either way I end up paying two shipping charges anyway. And now that we know the shipping doesn't combine with the subs, it's just a bigger kick in the pants.

I can see this causing more frustration for subscribers rather than being a true benefit. It's just going to be another reason for people not to sign up for 2014 subs, potentially ending the line if not enough people subscribe. This is ridiculous!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    With Early Access I have no fears about getting Strobo and any other non-sub surprises!
    But look at how TOD Sorceress was handled... rather than being released when originally intended 12/17 date along with Granamyr, she was instead put up for sale during the black friday week sales, unannounced. How the hell will that work if they randomly throw Strobo into a similar sale next year rather than a regular monthly sale? I doubt that in such a case the early access benefit would apply. Of course TOD Sorceress was made available a few times over the course of those few days of the sale, so there was a lot of opportunity to get her, so Strobo may be work out similarly, but there's no way to know for sure.

Not to mention that while there's likely a decent amount of people who don't have subs, I think at this point most of the people still collecting this line have them, as do any 'scalpers' that are seriously following this line at this point. So how much competition in ordering these items is this early access option really eliminating for subscribers? If someone who has at least one sub wants to buy a ton of an early access item up to resell, nothing is stopping them. So this supposed ease of access for subscribers may more or less be a moot point.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Now I'm mad.... We were specifically told that the shipping would combine with our subs for the early access figures.

I would have to go hunt down the exact thread, but when this was first announced, I had expressed the following concern about this early access process... Since I'm a subscriber, I'm already paying one shipping fee for my sub items. If a month occurs where I want to buy both a non sub item (such as a weapons pack, a non-sub item like Granamyr, etc) AND any additional duplicates of items included in the subs (like some figures with more than 1 head, to display them all if I want to, or buying extras of army builder packs), now I have to make it a point to be online to order on two separate occasions instead of one just to absolutely ensure that I get the items that I want, AND pay two more separate shipping charges. At the time I said that the only way that early access would be remotely worth it is if the shipping would combine with our subs, and I seem to recall Toyguru responding to my post saying that it will.

But now it turns out that isn't the case afterall. Now I have to either make it a point to place two separate orders on two separate days when items go on sale when/if I want a non-sub item and extras of a sub item... or choose to take a risk and not order the non-sub item until the sub-included items go up for general sale, and there's no guarantee that will last that lone. I realize that many items last longer these days than what used to be the case, but from time to time some items still sell out quickly. As such, I just assume the worst and try to be online to order when I want to order any items manually.... to the point where I will even take vacation days off of work to be online to order (luckily I get a really nice amount of days at my job, otherwise I wouldn't use them for this... and with the subs these occasions are few and far between these days). Now I have to possibly take two days off in the same month just to place these orders? This TOTALLY defeats why I started buying subs in the first place.

In all honesty, even IF the early access items shipping would combine with our subs (but esspecially now that we know they don't), I would just rather everything go on sale for everyone at the same time. Because whether the non-sub item's shipping were to combine with my actual subscription, or instead with the separate extras of sub-items that I manually order, either way I end up paying two shipping charges anyway. And now that we know the shipping doesn't combine with the subs, it's just a bigger kick in the pants.

I can see this causing more frustration for subscribers rather than being a true benefit. It's just going to be another reason for people not to sign up for 2014 subs, potentially ending the line if not enough people subscribe. This is ridiculous!

- - - Updated - - -

But look at how TOD Sorceress was handled... rather than being released when originally intended 12/17 date along with Granamyr, she was instead put up for sale during the black friday week sales, unannounced. How the hell will that work if they randomly throw Strobo into a similar sale next year rather than a regular monthly sale? I doubt that in such a case the early access benefit would apply. Of course TOD Sorceress was made available a few times over the course of those few days of the sale, so there was a lot of opportunity to get her, so Strobo may be work out similarly, but there's no way to know for sure.

Not to mention that while there's likely a decent amount of people who don't have subs, I think at this point most of the people still collecting this line have them, as do any 'scalpers' that are seriously following this line at this point. So how much competition in ordering these items is this early access option really eliminating for subscribers? If someone who has at least one sub wants to buy a ton of an early access item up to resell, nothing is stopping them. So this supposed ease of access for subscribers may more or less be a moot point.
    You're not wrong on the combined shipping thing....I don't remember either what thread, but it was said about being able to combine shipping with Early Access, which was to be one of the perks for having the early access....now the only perk is getting a $27 figure before everyone else, and still having to pay separate shipping....if we can;t combine, they should at least make the DOS figures $25 for the Early access period to compensate.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    IMO, Early Access IS Lame & Will Become A Grand Failure Either Way !

Why ?????

Say a Subber buys a NON-SUB item (in multiple) again, again & again on 1st day until the stock reaches ZERO (by the end of the day), What will be the story of another Subber if he happen to log on the next day ??

It's "Stone Cold Sign" All The Way !!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

I too remember them saying that we would be able to combine shipping, one of the perks that I was excited about, being a 1st time subber and all.

Now, this one I may be mistaken on, but I think it was said the early access was limited to your number of subs. So if you have 2 subs you can only buy 2 Snout Spouts & 2 Flipshots. Anybody else remember that?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I too remember them saying that we would be able to combine shipping, one of the perks that I was excited about, being a 1st time subber and all.

Now, this one I may be mistaken on, but I think it was said the early access was limited to your number of subs. So if you have 2 subs you can only buy 2 Snout Spouts & 2 Flipshots. Anybody else remember that?
    I'm not sure....but I thought there was mention of something like this, unless it was by us complaining about scalpers....I don't remember.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This is exactly how I feel, too. I'm not sure what other folks were really expecting. They stated pretty clearly from the beginning what Early Access was going to entail. Future Weapons Paks, figure stands, random outside-the-sub variants like Bubble Power She-Ra... another shot at whatever limited Castle Grayskull stock there is for Day-Of (if people didn't pre-order initially but later change their mind or whatnot). I think it's a good deal. People are only looking at it from the perspective of getting a first shot at leftover stock figures... and I can't remember anything mentioned about shipping one way or the other, to be honest. So to me I guess if shipping isn't combined, I'm not too fussed over it because I don't remember that being mentioned and so wasn't ever really counting on it. The main part that stuck out for me was the whole not having to be on Matty's site on the sale dates any longer for extra items.
    Last edited by zodak74; December 22, 2012 at 06:38pm.

Shipping was supposed to be combined... that is what I remember. Guess we were all wrong!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Just in case people would like to read what was stated at the outset about Early Access, the info from July is still out there:

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.249805700
    NEW! Early Access to Non-Subscription Products: In 2013, all Club subscribers get early access to all non-subscription products, regardless of brand! That means you’ll have the chance to purchase hot items not available through subscriptions before non-subscribers, like 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises 8” Batman™ figure and the Ghostbusters™ PKE Meter prop replica. Availability is first-come, first-served, so if products sell out to subscribers during the early access period, that’s it – no additional product will be made available to non-subscribers at that time. Have questions? Click here to learn more about Early Access!
    (Unfortunately, the "Click here" link no longer works, but an FAQ about Early Access followed soon after. See the following link.)

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...sdcc-products/
    Early Access was created especially so 2013 subscribers can more easily buy products NOT available through subscriptions. So, for example, when a product that isn’t part of a subscription goes on sale (like 2012’s Granymyr™ or the PKE Meter), subscribers will get the first chance to buy it through Early Access.
    I'm not seeing anything in either of those links about combined shipping for Early Access. If someone would be so good as to post where they saw Toy Guru or Matty say anything to that effect, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Just in case people would like to read what was stated at the outset about Early Access, the info from July is still out there:

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.249805700
    (Unfortunately, the "Click here" link no longer works, but an FAQ about Early Access followed soon after. See the following link.)

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...sdcc-products/
    I'm not seeing anything in either of those links about combined shipping for Early Access. If someone would be so good as to post where they saw Toy Guru or Matty say anything to that effect, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Not only that, but we could validly call ToyGuru out on it too. People are saying they saw it, but unless we have some sort of actual screencap to put up there and say "Hey ToyGuru, what about this?!" then I doubt they'll ever honor it.

Yea, I also remember that shipping would be combined...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    We all remember that shipping would be combined, and yet, Mattel has made it where we cannot find it because they change their website whenever they feel like it to suit their decisions.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I actually thought they said shipping would not be combined.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

This was posted on July 19:
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/matty...50986000738401
    We’re still working on getting Early Access products to ship with subscription products and will post as soon as we have an answer. Right now it is just early access to buy but we hope to also let you combine Early Access with sub shipments. Update on this as soon as we confirm it will work.
    And I have not found any follow-up posts where Toy Guru declared yay or nay. Maybe he's been letting the matter remain unannounced until now--? Again, I urge anyone to post links where he may have said shipping would be combined.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Heroic Warrior
    We have never had official confirmation that combined shipping was happening. Every single time it has come up, TG has said they are working on it. There is a lot we can be upset with in regards to Mattel, but they have not once said that combined shipping is a go. There is a lot of misremembering going on in this thread.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Well I'm not upset about it, but I really thought it was supposed to. I probably took the "we're working on it" as it was going to happen. I very well may have mis remembered, if I did, then I'll be the first to say I was wrong.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes