Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 01/15 MattyCollector Sales Thread

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I think Netossa still around is mostly reflective of sticker shock.
    $27 is pretty much what is used to cost shipped.
    At $20 people would impulse buy or get one to fiddle with custom-wise or just to be completist.

IMO that era is done now, and only particularly compelling characters/figures will be the ones to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I think Netossa still around is mostly reflective of sticker shock.
    $27 is pretty much what is used to cost shipped.
    At $20 people would impulse buy or get one to fiddle with custom-wise or just to be completist.

IMO that era is done now, and only particularly compelling characters/figures will be the ones to go.
    Perhaps sticker shock combined with her not being an overly popular/in demand character. It's funny, the fans clamor for a particular character like fingers on a chalkboard for years only to have the figure premiere and then all 3 of said fans buy the figure with tons more left to sell. No wonder Mattel has moved almost entirely away from the day of model.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I didn't order anything today.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Perhaps sticker shock combined with her not being an overly popular/in demand character. It's funny, the fans clamor for a particular character like fingers on a chalkboard for years only to have the figure premiere and then all 3 of said fans buy the figure with tons more left to sell. No wonder Mattel has moved almost entirely away from the day of model.
    Netossa is probably the equivalent of releasing Blast Attack for Classics. How many fans aren't feeling the last wave of characters from 1987-88? The Vintage Era has it's obscure characters from the latter days of the line, so I can imagine the disinterest once we get to the obscure POP or NA characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I totally agree with MGM... I enjoy wave 3 of POP since it is harder to find (and thus more rare) then the others, but I don't really idenitfy with the characters much. I can totally understand why the average fan isn't flocking to Netossa.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I think it's a combination, with the price increase and a later waved figure that has her fans most people are passing.

there are reasons later waves of older lines are harder to find, often they didn't have huge production numbers or people didn't buy them up as it was around that time the largest bulk of buyers left.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    It's 01:45 PM EST and there is still not a Jan 2013 Matty Collector sales thread.
    Post your experiences/opinions here! Who ordered? What? Shipping amount opinions?

*01:45pm EST, Netossa, Horde Prime, Griffin, nor the DC offerings, are not yet sold out.
    *03:15pm EST, Griffin & Rorschach are "Almost Gone"
    *04:00pm EST, Rorschach is "Sold Out"
    *Wednesday, 16 January - Griffin is "Sold Out"
    actually I have a thread for the 1/15 sale already posted since December 20th, lol.

Its located here...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Sale-Announced

... for the ppl who dont click any link past page 2 anywhere. lol
    Last edited by Replikor; January 16, 2013 at 04:08pm.

I am a little sad netossa has not sold out yet,she looks fantastic. I don't know if they made to many,the price is to high or pop really has run dry? Or, the worst though,those that want these bought a sub and there really are no more fans left.

I hope none of those are correct.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I am a little sad netossa has not sold out yet,she looks fantastic. I don't know if they made to many,the price is to high or pop really has run dry? Or, the worst though,those that want these bought a sub and there really are no more fans left.

I hope none of those are correct.
    I don't think it has anything to do with POP. She's a good figure, but the character isn't in the same popularity league as Glimmer or Queen Angella.

Scott told us during the subscription drive that quite a few figures in 2013 would have little or no day-of sale stock to help sell the subscriptions. He was talking about MOTUC, DCIE, and Watchmen together but I think it would have been a good idea to start of with low stock for Netossa.