Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/15 MattyCollector Sales Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    If they arent letting us combine shipping... do you honestly think they can handle split shipping?

Honestly, DR + Mattel's matty page are a joke! And Mattel does nothing about it!
    Last edited by Xetheus; December 21, 2012 at 03:19am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We are talking about combing early access purchases with subscription items.

There is nothing complicated about that. BigBadToyStore has a pile of loot option. It's not rocket science. Digital river just won't do it because they will lose money.
    I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with losing Digital River money... in fact Digital River would probably make more. consider the first mini-sub... there was an option to hold & ship. Not many people took that option early on. If Digital River had to track speciic orders for months, they would likely do it, but charge a carry fee, since unlike BBTS, DR probably doesn't "own" Mattel's Inventory.

I'm guessing the reason DR can't combine shippng is due more to its own internal development practices... if the my subscription thing cant work in a reasonable time, how could they handle this?

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    So you can´t buy sub items with early access? Thats awesome,lol! Did they say that back when they sold the sub?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I would have liked to see gold on the crown too... but honestly, that's their new strategy. They have been going for a 'mix and match' stratagy since BP She-ra and Demoman... As for Gold spear?? We already GOT one in a weapons pack... Another mix and match concept.

Sitting is a problem that ALL these figures have had but especially the ones with capes. ... Marlena can't sit on a throne either... Marlena, Randor #1, Horde Prime, Hordak, King Grayskull and King He-man...

once you get a crown... you forever stand

Ehhhhh... I DESPISE the 'sub-only' model that they are adopting... it's easy to say 'Sell the ones you don't want'.... But I've had Netossa posted in the marketplace without any bites at all...

There was a lot of talk of PoP fans who would scoop them up... I hope they don't all disappear when it's actually time to unload some of these figures I don't want...

This.

I keep looking him over, and I'm not sure WHERE we wanted this detail to be? Gold crown would be nice... but maybe we're supposed to mix it with toy randor... Belt? He's not wearing armor right now, it's a boring belt... he HAS the 'standard bracers'.... Robes and tights... that's what he's wearing, and I'm not sure how you could have translated that into 'Filmation style Randor' that they were looking for.... AND put in more details to where it isn't 'Filmation randor' anymore....

She-ra, Adora, Bow... they have armor that can be spiced up a bit.... but ruling robes don't give much opportunity...
    She-Ra couldn't sit, not even on an animal, none of them sit in a traditional sense anyway, so who cares? If they were meant to sit, they would have been made different from the beginning....They all look as if they are drunk passed out and sliding off the chairs when they're sitting....

Also, for Randor, I also can't see where they would have added more detail to him....hell the first Randor was detail-less, only detailed thing on him was his armor, other than that he was a
    Tri-Klops figure with new paint, head and accessories.

Randor has issues, for one, there is no reason they had to cut a mid arm swivel out, none at all, they could have cut it just below the sleeves. No skirt / shirt slits....She-Ra taught them nothing apparently....Oh I forgot the one who learned that lesson (Terry) is not there anymore (Ruben)....another poorly executed design since he's been there....But being Filmation is not one of those
    issues....People have too high expectations at times, not all figures are going to be Beast Man detailing....not all figures need to be, look in a mirror. I think Randor is fine detail wise, other than
    adding some bumps to his belt, there really isn't anything that could have been done, or needed to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with losing Digital River money... in fact Digital River would probably make more. consider the first mini-sub... there was an option to hold & ship. Not many people took that option early on. If Digital River had to track speciic orders for months, they would likely do it, but charge a carry fee, since unlike BBTS, DR probably doesn't "own" Mattel's Inventory.

I'm guessing the reason DR can't combine shippng is due more to its own internal development practices... if the my subscription thing cant work in a reasonable time, how could they handle this?
    DR is run by amateurs....plain and simple. And that goes for every branch for every company they do E-tailing for....every site they run has a bad rep....every site....

I'd honestly be afraid to let DR "hold" and "track" my orders for months....they can't even get the details right from order to order as it is....I go onto the Order page....I see errors when I try to view recent invoices, I get a error message....the dates are all jacked up.....one says.... Order Date: 10/15/2012 Creation Date: 10/2/2012.....Hello, for one to display both is repetitive, they both mean the same thing, the Creation date is the date you ordered.....I love how the order was created 13 days before I actually made the order....DR, psychic they are....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

^ Maybe you place orders ahead of time and just don't know it yet!

That is a reasonable interpretation as well I guess

Maybe you are one of the secret time agents and don't know either!

You should put the time agent sticker on your chest for the time being!

Heroic Warrior
    How do they dare selling SNOUT SPOUT again ? That figure suffers from a decaying trunk, and it now seems like the rubbery crotch piece is decaying too !

It's the Green Goddess "second sale" thing all over again !

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    So you can´t buy sub items with early access? Thats awesome,lol! Did they say that back when they sold the sub?
    Yes, it was mentioned on the subscription order page.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    ^ Maybe you place orders ahead of time and just don't know it yet!

That is a reasonable interpretation as well I guess

Maybe you are one of the secret time agents and don't know either!

You should put the time agent sticker on your chest for the time being!
    Damn, and I thought I hid my purple mask well....now where did I put that Spade....I have to go place my order for Ram Man now!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    How do they dare selling SNOUT SPOUT again ? That figure suffers from a decaying trunk, and it now seems like the rubbery crotch piece is decaying too !

It's the Green Goddess "second sale" thing all over again !
    You know, I didn't think of that....

How many trunk rotted figures do you think are MISP inside sealed mailers, and will go out to unsuspecting people? I mean loose figures were not the only ones to suffer from decay.
    This is a prime case of selling a product which you know is likely to be defective....I mean even if 10% was defective....that's still selling something you know has the potential to fall
    apart, and now he's going for $27 instead of $20....$7 more for a potentially defective figure....

The worst thing is, no one will check the stock to see if they are fine or not to sell....

Good going Mattel, another good way to be lame and screw customers!
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    One last point before I completely derail the thread.. but if FILMation fans can get under detailed, primary colored figures, why can I not get a bit more 200X detailing? It's a double standard. Randor's crown should have been gold, not yellow. Same for his spear.

I just want NYTF to hurry so I can see what they have planned that will make me want to pay double shipping.
    Both Filmation and 200X have to get adapted into Classics. 200X loses details, while Filmation gains detail--mostly realistic shading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    There's a difference between basic styling, meaning less details, than there is to a over stylized figure....Vintage figures which the Classics line is based on, were not overly detailed....therefore, running a 200X character through the "Classisizer" makes them look like Keldor....not Marzo....A Filmation character run through the same machine would look pretty much like a Filmation character....since Filmation was based loosely on the figures to begin with.

Filmation "Style" is pretty much Vintage style, which the line is based on....be glad the Classics figures we have, have well more detail than the figures they are based on. 200X style is over animated, and oversized and exaggerated....which in a Vintage "styled" line....it has no place, they stick out worse than Filmation ever would.

And no one said Filmation = lack of detail....Randor, for whatever reason, is modeled after his toon image....basically just like Marlena as Marlena, only difference....Marlena's crown is gold, Randor's isn't.

I don't mind 200X cues, so long as the over exaggerated elements of the styling stays out of Classics....Filmation characters, should and can be well more detailed than their toon counterparts. Catra is a great example of this....BP She-Ra didn't have to have the embellishments on her boots and gauntlets....the original looked just fine without it, Catra looks fine without it....BP She-Ra's dress looks and works better, but no detail was added, it was just a carbon copy with a few things moved a bit to add waist articulation to it, and brightened up. I like the 200X parts to Fisto...minus the ridiculous sword that is, and the shopping cart on his back ruined the armor to for me, for that stupid sword.

I don't like Marzo, but Carnivus is OK, he's pretty much Beast Man as far as styling goes....but I don't like the sharp edges to Marzo's face, and hair....that is what is different than Filmation styling, FIlmation styling may be dressed down, but it can be dressed up when made into figure form....and will fit nicely in Classics....

Filmation never had a line styled after it per se....200X did, NA did, and they are gone now, and now that Mattel has the rights to Filmation....those characters and their unique styling (which is pretty much Vintage styling) should be able to have their day in the light. Horde Prime is a more Filmation design....look at his detail.

That being said....I have no desire to see Plundor in figure form....
    Filmation style is not exactly Vintage style, because the characters lost detail to animate them smoother, (i.e. Filmation Teela's outfit vs Vintage Teela's outfit). The bracers, boots and costumes are alot less ornate and detailed than Vintage style. 200X went even further than Vintage Style, making every character have a unique sculpt and enhancing old elements that were glossed over.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I just can't believe it's time for the "2013 Wave" already...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Both Filmation and 200X have to get adapted into Classics. 200X loses details, while Filmation gains detail--mostly realistic shading.

- - - Updated - - -

Filmation style is not exactly Vintage style, because the characters lost detail to animate them smoother, (i.e. Filmation Teela's outfit vs Vintage Teela's outfit). The bracers, boots and costumes are alot less ornate and detailed than Vintage style. 200X went even further than Vintage Style, making every character have a unique sculpt and enhancing old elements that were glossed over.
    I'm not talking about less details, I'm talking about basic interpretation....The Vintage figures were not overly detailed, Filmation was not overly detailed....200X took the detail and exploded all over everyone....making everyone oversized and too much overkill, like it was trying too hard to not be Vintage or Filmation.

Filmation is more Vintage figure styling than 200X is Vintage styling. Add the boot detail, and bracelet detail, and Filmation easily turns into Vintage representation. You'd have to remove a lot of stuff from 200X to get even close to back to Vintage styling. Hence my point.

But as in your point....Randor did gain detail, he gained shading & he also gained textured bracelets and a detailed head and face. 200X loses detail and becomes Keldor, not Marzo....And Keldor looks 100% Vintage and as if he could have been in Filmation. And how much detail does Classics Adam have, Marlena, Adora, She-Ra? Adam has boot straps and furriness, and some bumps on his bracelets and belt.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 21, 2012 at 09:21am.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I wonder if Icarus and Snout Spout will have "The Original' burst on them...
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Getting things like Granamyr, weapons packs, and vehicles early.
    That would be what we know so far, Strobo will probably be in that list, after sold at conventions. There may be other new things outsides the sub in the last part of the year...

- - - Updated - - -

How many trunk rotted figures do you think are MISP inside sealed mailers, and will go out to unsuspecting people? I mean loose figures were not the only ones to suffer from decay.
    This is a prime case of selling a product which you know is likely to be defective....I mean even if 10% was defective....that's still selling something you know has the potential to fall
    apart, and now he's going for $27 instead of $20....$7 more for a potentially defective figure....

The worst thing is, no one will check the stock to see if they are fine or not to sell....

Good going Mattel, another good way to be lame and screw customers!
    Not if people don't buy them - it is a well known figure with defect. Original purchasers did not know he was defective...now we do...if you buy he may have issues.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I wonder if Icarus and Snout Spout will have "The Original' burst on them...
    Not worth $27 a piece to find out!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    BTW, are they going to be selling Snout Spout and Icarius for $27 a piece? You know, the figures were selling slowly for $20 back in 2011!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    BTW, are they going to be selling Snout Spout and Icarius for $27 a piece? You know, the figures were selling slowly for $20 back in 2011!
    All DOS and re-releases will be $27, including Bendy Snout Breakerson....******** to gouge on figures that were made long before the price increases....

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Not worth $27 a piece to find out!
    Nothing in this line to me is worth almost $30 from the retail source....and that is before a hiked up shipping as well. If 2014 sees an increase and I haven't gotten my last 4 figures yet, I will PO those last 4 from BBTS, and be done....$25 from Matty is my utmost cap on these things, after that....the value is more than done.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    That would be what we know so far, Strobo will probably be in that list, after sold at conventions. There may be other new things outsides the sub in the last part of the year...

- - - Updated - - -

Not if people don't buy them - it is a well known figure with defect. Original purchasers did not know he was defective...now we do...if you buy he may have issues.
    It would be nice for people not to buy things they know could be defective....let them sit on Snout Spout stock....they knew it was defective a while back, like March,
    and to resell him for a huge $7 mark-up on top of it all is nothing short of ignorance on their part.

Weren't they giving refunds on him, or was that just Goddess? Because I thought they said all of his stock was gone too.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 21, 2012 at 11:09am.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    It would be nice for people not to buy things they know could be defective....let them sit on Snout Spout stock....they knew it was defective a while back, like March,
    and to resell him for a huge $7 mark-up on top of it all is nothing short of ignorance on their part.
    Ignorance has nothing to do with it. They know it's defective, but they can't let these figures rot in their warehouse, so they have to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Ignorance has nothing to do with it. They know it's defective, but they can't let these figures rot in their warehouse, so they have to sell it.
    No, they don't have to sell them....defective products are usually destroyed, recalled and fixed....or at least sold at nice discounts depending on the error of defect....that's usually the way it works....Snout Spout has neither been recalled and fixed, destroyed or sold at a discount at a non special sale....And here next month they actually want $7 more for a figure that was $20 and defective over a year ago....OK....let me build a respectable small business around that model and see how far I get....

So you are OK with someone spending $27 for a potentially defective product, they might not be aware of, not everyone who buys MOTUC is on forums....that the company has acknowledged entirely? We're not talking a paint flaw, bent weapon or a reversed fixable forearm, we're talking a main part of the figure that can dry rot and crumble and crack, Adult Collectable or not, that's not kid safe....or even safe for some adults....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 21, 2012 at 12:09pm.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    No, they don't have to sell them....defective products are usually destroyed, recalled and fixed....or at least sold at nice discounts depending on the error of defect....that's usually the way it works....

So you are OK with someone spending $27 for a potentially defective product, they might not be aware of, not everyone who buys MOTUC is on forums....that the company has acknowledged entirely? We're not talking a paint flaw, bent weapon or a reversed fixable forearm, we're talking a main part of the figure that can dry rot and crumble and crack, Adult Collectable or not, that's not kid safe....or even safe for some adults....
    I never said I was "ok" with it. It's Mattel/DR we're talking about, after all. That was my point. That's Mattel's way of thinking, it's defective, they know it's defective, but they still gotta sell it.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    One word: Clearance.

Trying to sell off an item that they know full well is defective, for a substantially marked-up price (+35%) instead of a clearance discount, and without any warning on the sale page about the item's defect, that's just unethical.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I never said I was "ok" with it. It's Mattel/DR we're talking about, after all. That was my point. That's Mattel's way of thinking, it's defective, they know it's defective, but they still gotta sell it.
    If you had only said it that way in the first place.... Certain forms of sarcasm doesn't always translate well online....

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    One word: Clearance.

Trying to sell off an item that they know full well is defective, for a substantially marked-up price (+35%) instead of a clearance discount, and without any warning on the sale page about the item's defect, that's just unethical.
    This is what they should have done with him, and the $7 is utterly nonsense anyway for pre 2012 figures....let alone a figure that has known and acknowledged by the company defects.

He should be $7+ less than original sale price instead of $7 more, that part is indeed the biggest piece of the unethical part.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    I have to agree with bcrduke and the others who have mentioned that the "Early Access" thing with the 2013 subscription is just pure horse ****. You mean I get the privilege of buying the same figures that I got last year from my subscription at an even higher price point and I get the added bonus of paying extra for shipping. WOW!!!! Where do I go to personally have DR employees just kick me in the nuts? It's practically the same thing.

WHERE IS THE COMBINED SHIPPING THAT WE THE SUBSCRIBERS WERE "PROMISED" YEARS AGO BY TOYGURU HIMSELF?

Quote Originally Posted by Kollec-Tor View Post
    I have to agree with bcrduke and the others who have mentioned that the "Early Access" thing with the 2013 subscription is just pure horse ****. You mean I get the privilege of buying the same figures that I got last year from my subscription at an even higher price point and I get the added bonus of paying extra for shipping. WOW!!!! Where do I go to personally have DR employees just kick me in the nuts? It's practically the same thing.

WHERE IS THE COMBINED SHIPPING THAT WE THE SUBSCRIBERS WERE "PROMISED" YEARS AGO BY TOYGURU HIMSELF?
    I thought as of last year we were supposed to get that, and that's was what Early access was supposed to help do for 2013 subscribers.....but as usual nothing they ever say is followed through on, or made to seem like they never said that.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm not talking about less details, I'm talking about basic interpretation....The Vintage figures were not overly detailed, Filmation was not overly detailed....200X took the detail and exploded all over everyone....making everyone oversized and too much overkill, like it was trying too hard to not be Vintage or Filmation.
    200X definitely wasn't trying to be Vintage OR Filmation; it was it's own era. 200X gets villainized because of the different proportions and oversized weapons, but IMO, it improved upon the characters by not re-using parts and making different body types and sizes rather than have every racial type and species have the same size, wear the same clothes and made out of the same couple of body types. We didn't have parts re-use since New Adventures, making it seem like an old, outdated concept when Classics brought parts reuse back.

Filmation is more Vintage figure styling than 200X is Vintage styling. Add the boot detail, and bracelet detail, and Filmation easily turns into Vintage representation. You'd have to remove a lot of stuff from 200X to get even close to back to Vintage styling. Hence my point.

But as in your point....Randor did gain detail, he gained shading & he also gained textured bracelets and a detailed head and face. 200X loses detail and becomes Keldor, not Marzo....And Keldor looks 100% Vintage and as if he could have been in Filmation. And how much detail does Classics Adam have, Marlena, Adora, She-Ra? Adam has boot straps and furriness, and some bumps on his bracelets and belt.
    I agree about 200X being harder to Classicize than Filmation designs, as the Four Horsemen were actively trying to be different.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Why ask a question you already know the answer to? MattyCollector has already proven that they jack up the price of older items in accordance with whatever the current price is with each new year. Makes zero sense how they can get away with raising prices across the board on older items, but I'm no bean counter and don't get the logic of a lot of things that Matty does.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!