Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changing shipping options a must. Why can't we do this?

Changing shipping options a must. Why can't we do this?

The ability for subscribers to change shipping methods was a question asked a number of times during the push for sub sales. We were told it would happen, and the answers became more ironclad as the sub sale went on. Here are some of the answers, all TG save for the one's marked as Catra's Wrath.

Hello.
    I'm trying to make up my mind about buying a Club Eternia subscription for 2013 (I only started collecting MOTU Classics figures a couple of months ago), so I need a clarification about the shipping options for international customers, because this is a huge part of the total cost of the deal.

I know there's the regular, unregistered airmail and the registered DHL shipping. What I don't know is whether we'll be able to choose the shipping method on a monthly basis, right before the items are shipped, or if we'll have to select the shipping option at the moment we're purchasing the sub (with no further changes in 2013).

To me, it makes much more sense to use the DHL shipping only on some months, for example when King He-Man is shipped, because due to that figure being a sub-exclusive it would be a far more costly loss.

It would be nice to have both options all year long!

Yes, ideally out my sub page will be up in the next few weeks and you can change shipping methods and payment methods as you need. At least that is the plan.
    Hi Scott. I was wondering if subscribers will be able to change their shipping methods throughout the year in 2013, or if they will be locked into one type upon subscribing? Such an option may convince more people to buy subscriptions, with more leeway from month-to-month.

Ideally yes. The "my subscription" page we are working on should let you do this. We are trying to get it out ASAP.
    Hi Scott i brought a sub before realising that the cheapest methods are not replaceable. Will we be able to change shipping types or are we locked into the non tracking ones

If you call CS they can help you change your shipping method. We will also have a my subscription page up very soon so you can do this manually anytime.
    I have ordered 2 2013 subscriptions the first one is shipping UPS and somehow the second one is shipping USPS I called customer service and talked to a very nice and helpful man who unfourtunatly couldn't help me he told me to post on the forums and ask for help from an administrator

i just need my second sub changed to ups ground so that my subs will ship together anyone who can help me I would appreciate it

Catra's Wrath

Once the new 'my subscription' page launches you'll be able to change the shipping on any of your subs, not only that you'll have the option to change the shipping on a month by month basis, so if you want your Ram Man and Jistu faster you can switch to a faster shipping that month, but if you want your Fang Man slower, you can change it to a slower method that month and save money.
    I bought my subs on the first day they were offered. It wasn't until after that I found out we can't get refunds on lost packages if they aren't tracked.

I decided to contact Customer Service (by email) and after the usual back and forth with no conclusion, they finally told me I cannot change the shipping method from International Post to DHL. Why can't this be done?

Catra's Wrath

Once the 'My subscription' page launches shortly, you'll be able to go in and change your shipping whenever you like! Even on a monthly basis. So say one month a character's coming you simply can't wait for, you can switch it to a faster method, the next month you may not mind waiting so you can switch it to cheaper method.

More info on this when it's ready for launch!
    Personally I took these statements on good faith when I subscribed. But the ability to switch shipping methods isn't there. I don't appreciate being locked in now.

Shipping costs for international posts have escalated drastically.

$14 for one figure
    $21 for two
    $30 for three

When you hit the 3-figure mark, DHL is cheaper. What will really suck is if these increased charges simply equate to the same, insanely slow shipping many of us get when using the cheapest method. Many people might as well have chosen DHL, if we're going to be locked in.

Where do they get the stones to charge that much for extra figs in the box, anyway?

Discuss.

I agree with you.

Also agree. I really hope they figure it out soon because I'll definitely be changing shipping options from month to month.

Heroic Warrior
    The reason things are this way is simple... lack of political will. Mattel could easily implement changes, but instead they feed us lines like "logistics" and other excuses as to why it is so difficult to change things. Nonsense. Most business exist on an adapt or die model, and because people keep paying, they keep fleecing. Simple as that. They want to take as much of our money as they can, and the line hasn't been affected at al one way or another, despite the yearly sub drives by TG and threats that the line is in trouble. It's all a big elaborate story that gets us to part with our dollars.

This is actually something that we should have seen coming at the CG pre-order, when initially shipping was quoted for $203, for an item that it was not weighted nor sized yet beyond projection blueprints, and all of the sudden an hour later that shipping rate was cut in half.

I would not be surprised that then it may have been a bug because of the new shipping distributor update on the page and real the shipping for 2 figures goes back to $13.75. And actually for the better, I do really hope so; otherwise I shall be taken one more from the rear next month with an aproximately $50 shipping tag for Ran Man & Jitsu, or more in the future when the FFF are released with the figure of the month
    Last edited by Rhanen; January 15, 2013 at 03:55pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Yeah, I submitted a questions on Matty about this. I think I want to change to UPS, it costs more but it is quicker and they handle their pacakages better, from my experience. I have received a couple of trashed boxes from Newgistics.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Yeah, I submitted a questions on Matty about this. I think I want to change to UPS, it costs more but it is quicker and they handle their pacakages better, from my experience. I have received a couple of trashed boxes from Newgistics.
    Same here. I want to change as well for some of my figures. On expensive months the shipping cost difference isn't that much and I'ld not like the huge boxes left on the porch!

On some months the shipping is actually higher with the cheap-o option. They need to implement this feature pronto.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Changing the shipping method is a priority for me too and I was led to believe it would be a viable option during the push for sales.

I’m certain that Toy Guru also stated somewhere we’d be able to manage our Grayskull pre-orders from the My Sub page too. My credit card expires in April and I would have much preferred to have updated my details myself than emailing Digital River and going through the usual hassle and anxiety that typically involves.

I actually received a damaged UPS shipment recently, and I am quite the opposite, I have never received a damaged box from Matty shipped USPS.

And to MI....UPS is only a day faster if that, last month for Granamyr, it was 7 business days, same as USPS....so for the price a day doesn't mean all that much to me.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yeah, I submitted a questions on Matty about this.
    I did as well recently, and it went unanswered. I took it as a bad sign, but hoped for the best.
    I don't know why they haven't done what they said they would do, when pushing for subs. It can't be that complicated to switch b/w international post and DHL.

I don't know if I can let them them gouge my credit card with outrageous shipping prices when multiples are released, ie: when the FFM are shipped. Unless the price increase is indicative of much faster and acceptable service, which I doubt.

We won't know if they are on the same shipping until figures start arriving, but that could be early FEB!

Think of the shipping rate in March - a 3 Pack of Foe Men + 2 Regular figs (King He-MAN and Fang-Man) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Please, allow me to post this answer from Matty's forum:

Posted January 15, 2013 04:29 PM
    Hi Scott
    Is there any mistake on shipping calculations? 30 usd for 3 standard motuc figures, isnt that to much?
    Please clarify this asap.
    Last year I payed 9.95 for shipping one or two figures, when I was charged 13.75 for netossa I thought to my self... Well ok, Scott did say that shipping charges would increase also, so that's ok... Not a big deal... But seing that value repeated for any figure bought?
    I had to quit the extras I was planing to get and I'm sure 2014 wont happen now if this is not a mistake!

Ask any buyer...
    Please clarify this and resolve the shipping astronomic costs.
    Thank you
    Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

Posted January 15, 2013 09:26 PM Hide Post
    Sorry, but I this forum is for brand and product questions. I can't address CS issues on shipping as I just don't have access to this info and everyone's specific issues that affect shipping like where you live and what method you used.
    Can't a direct, polite and professional answer be given?
    International shipping rate spike has become an issue for cherry pickers and subscribers alike, with the difference that people who committed to 2013 sub did not have a clue of the shipping budget prior Jan initial figure(s) was/were sent.
    I have posted another question there and I do hope to have a more accurate answer
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I emailed CS about this issue today; I'll be sure to post their reply. If they give me the runaround I'll ask on Matty for what it's worth.

TG should at least address this issue since he specifically said it was going to be an option for us when subs went on sale.

Yeah, I kinda can't believe we can't do this ourselves. Soooo what can we do on the My Sub page? Change payment and address stuff? That's it? Just that took them this long? Sheeeeesh.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I emailed CS about this issue today; I'll be sure to post their reply. If they give me the runaround I'll ask on Matty for what it's worth.

TG should at least address this issue since he specifically said it was going to be an option for us when subs went on sale.
    Already beat you to it a couple days ago. They basically replied by saying that once the method has been chosen it CANNOT be changed.

Now....correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that things of that nature applied to things such as biological gender and such. Then again, these days....

Any way you get the point...We're talking about a feature that's no different then changing ones payment info., but yet has failed to be addressed. *Sigh*

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Digital River charged me $9.90 shipping within California! Yet I send this very item in the same box to someone in Texas using USPS Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation for $6.40?!

At this point, I think Digital River knows Matty doesn't give a crap about their crappy performance or CS issues and won't replace them, so they can operate as shady as they please.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Bit of a tangent, but some of you guys are missing a key point - Matty shipping isn't just a shipping charge. it's a "shipping & handling" charge. And as ambiguous as that is, that handling padding certainly seems expensive compared to other companies shipping policies.
    Last edited by I, Harbinger; January 18, 2013 at 04:53am.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    We won't know if they are on the same shipping until figures start arriving, but that could be early FEB!

Think of the shipping rate in March - a 3 Pack of Foe Men + 2 Regular figs (King He-MAN and Fang-Man) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    I think FFM comes out in April ! Its a (2nd) "quarterly" item you know !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

After quite a few back and forth messages, here's what CS had to say:

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we can no longer
    change the shipping method on the subscription.
    Worst company in the world. I'll be bringing this up on the Matty forum.

Heroic Warrior
    Worst company in the world.
    No doubt. Mattel is a joke.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we can no longer
    change the shipping method on the subscription.
    Send back to them :"Thank you for clairfying this matter, and since there was some confusion on your part about changing the shipping, I can no longer continue with my Subscrption."
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Worst company in the world. I'll be bringing this up on the Matty forum.
    lol! Was there any doubt that would be the outcome?
    Thanks for posting this. Now that we have their words, Scott can stop saying "please contact CS". Matty said said this would be part of the my 'sub page' during the sub sale, not digital river. It's up to matty to make DR fix it. Not with promises for 2014, but right now.

Thanks for posting this. This is ridiculous!
    I NEED to change my shipping option too! I was counting on that I will be able to do this when I purchased my sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Changing the shipping method is a priority for me too and I was led to believe it would be a viable option during the push for sales.

I’m certain that Toy Guru also stated somewhere we’d be able to manage our Grayskull pre-orders from the My Sub page too. My credit card expires in April and I would have much preferred to have updated my details myself than emailing Digital River and going through the usual hassle and anxiety that typically involves.
    I am in the same situation with Castle Grayskull too! What is going on?!?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like your question on Matty was ignored?

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I had Newgistics for 2012 and went back with UPS for 2013 because I hate the slow shipping, I hate the shipping location update screen because it only gives you an estimate of when it will arrive vs UPS who'll give you the exact day. I've had boxes come trashed and I've even had to go after some of them at the Post Office just to get them. After waiting FOREVER for them to ship my Granamyr from Fishers, IN to my location just four car hours away, I'm glad I changed even if it is a little more expensive. And when you click on the link to contact Newgistics, it tells you to contact Mattel, not in so many words but that's what it boils down to. I don't like that I cannot contact the company shipping my figures directly. I'm left with the feeling they're not accountable and even though people are peolpe I trust UPS to do a better job.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!