Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (1/15/2013)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (1/15/2013)

Kastor’s Korner

Kastor’s Korner: Recently Bob Gale, the Back to the Future co-creator who publically endorsed the Hoverboard as it was originally presented, criticized the changes made on the final production piece. In light of this situation, have you considered a different approach regarding Castle Grayskull, to make sure both production and consumer expectations can be better managed, and buyers will feel more comfortable with the final product they receive?

Mattel: We’ll have the sculpt of the Castle to reveal soon (we hope at NYTF if it is ready) so you can judge for yourself!

Kastor’s Korner: In the last round of questions, you mentioned a 2-year roadmap to release as many classic MOTU characters as possible in the Classics line, but that the number would depend on how many slots both years include. What will impact this number? Will it be solely based on fan response (e.g. sub sales) or are there other factors?

Mattel: Yes. It is mostly based on sub sales which for 2013 was the bare min to go into production.

Kastor’s Korner: Ram-Man, while larger than a standard MOTU figure, is the first non-giant or beast deluxe figure. Does his release suggest that other off-size characters, such as Two-Bad or Modulok, would also likely be considered deluxe figures, if they were to be made?

Mattel: Less so for Two-Bad but we could potentially see Modulok or Multi=bot being released this way. Two Bad is really a basic figure. He isn’t larger, just has two heads and a slightly wider chest.
    toyhypeusa.com

Q: How did Granamyr perform by Mattel’s standards? Did it sell well enough to warrant more $80 items in the future (outside the sub.)?

A: He sold very well and we hope to do more high price items in the future. He did sell much better compared to the Windraider.

Q: I am looking forward to NYTF reveals. Will we see at least 3 new reveals or more?

A: We hope so!

Q: The MOTU 30th Anniversary DVD set we were offered a MOTUC He-Man sword. Does this open doors for more official Classics accessories offered outside Mattycollector?

A: It is always possible if the right opportunity comes along!

Q: Toyguru, I was wondering if you have any New Years resolutions for 2013?

A: From Toyguru:
    “My resolution is to spend more time with my family and have tea parties with my 2 year old daughter. Granamyr is her favorite guest – he is in perfect sitting position and holds a tea cup perfectly.”
    greatrebellion.org

DO4M asks: While we can't get variants because of the new MOTUC wrap-up roadmap, is it possible to "sneak in" things like an unmasked John Spector Head, or a Sir-Laser Lot head without his helmet (as seen in the DC SLL Story) with other MOTUC Figures Like it was done with Demo-Man and will be done with Strobo?

Matty:It certainly is possible. Can't say an unmasked Spector is high on our priority list, but we'll look into it.

Rock.Vivien.5 asks: Could you please tell us what are the differences (in term of duty) and the link between a cosmic warrior and a cosmic enforcer?

Matty: The Enforcers are a full force/army, the warrior is a single hero wielding the sword of He (at least until He-Man gets it!)

Domingo.Hernandez.71 asks:Many of us know the very talented Joe Amaro has make and will make a skull head, a helmet and a stand for us to use on our Castle Grayskull Man. My question is this, would Castle Grayskull man be re-release again in the future for the ones who want to make army builders with him?

Matty: No. There are no plans to reissue any of the 30th figures. They are sold through and won’t be offered again.

Constantinus Von Helsing asks: If Granamyr sells well, can we expect a green variant somewhere down the road?

Matty: While Granamyr sold very well, it really would have taken a sell out in a few days to justify a new run in a different deco. A green deco is not off the table but not in the cards right now.
    motua.org

Is there any possibility of a M.o.t.U. Encyclopedia? With all the existing characters, places and creatures.

This is something we'd love to do but no plans right now.

Who is Tufos? Will we know more about him in future bios? If not, please tell us who he is.

He is the Avion who took over for Stratos after he heroically sacrificed himself during the Second Ultimate Battleground.

We'd like to know, what's your opinion about the S.o.H. bible's Kay-La?

She is an awesome character we hope to get to one day.
    elkkthunderstoyroom.com

Were the delays in Procrustus and Granamyr delays due to production delay or just shipping to the US?

A little of everything. But they made it!

Is Grayskull still selling well? Why not leave the sales thermometer up to reflect ongoing sales?

We need to cut off the presale to lock in material buy and sculpt resources. It sold very well. Above expectations.

When will the Toyfair collector event in NY be? Is date or time known yet?

It will be Sunday Feb 10th from 3-6 eastern.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    MOTUClassics.com
    MOTULA.org
    http://www.preternia.com
    www.mintconditioncustom.com/
    greatrebellion.org
    toyhypeusa.com
    musclor.org

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 27, 2013 at 11:57am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I like the Two Bad answer. Not bigger, but regular body with a slightly wider chest. Just as I want him.
    And bringing out Modulok and Multi-Bot as large scale items makes totally sense. Best answer since weeks !

I like the answer about Granamyr doing well.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't understand why Granamyr did much better than the WR, but I think both are cool. My 2-year-old daughter likes Granamyr as well!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

More high priced items! Bring on Gigantisaur!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Come on Modulok! Come on Two-Bad!

I hope the next high-priced out of sub item is the Bionatops.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    More high priced items! Bring on Gigantisaur!

G๓rgone here we come!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I don't understand why Granamyr did much better than the WR, but I think both are cool. My 2-year-old daughter likes Granamyr as well!
    I for one preferred a Character or figure over a Vehicle, I had no interest in the Wind Raider outside of the box art, but I wasn't paying $45+ shipping for box art. But I gladly (especially since I got him in hand) paid for Granamyr....a really great huge ass figure added to my collection.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I prefer the WR over giants or Granamyr... I got a stronger connection to the first vintage vehicles...

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I like the answer about Granamyr doing well.
    Let's hope that means Shadow Wing and/or Sorrowful remain within the realm of possibility.

But I'm getting tired of their constant insistence in calling the Wind Raider a failure. Why didn't they just include it as a quarterly oversized in the subscription like other similarly priced items? Why beasts and hyper-obscure figure packs can be within the subscription but A-list, first-wave-vintage vehicles apparently cannot? That way they would have sold their required quota of WRs without all this drama, we'd be seeing more vehicles coming (including the essential must-have Battle Ram), and I bet many subscribers would have been much more pleased with getting a Wind Raider (you really gotta have it in hand to realize how mindblowingly awesome it actually is) than, say, the controversial Star Sisters and FFM.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Some fans like getting characters over vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That would be me.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    That would be me.
    I prefer characters too, but I would still get some of the rides from the first and second years, like the Battle Ram, Attack Trak and the Talon Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes, the problem is many fans have this curious mindset that characters are somehow "better" than vehicles, and since it was made optional to buy the WR (unlike sub items like the Star Sisters), they haven't given the Wind Raider a chance and thus it ended up pegwarming (just like many sub items would have pegwarmed had they been outside the sub). The delay, the late price increase and its coincidence with the Christmas season, only helped to worsen a predictable situation.

But those reluctant fans that finally gave it a chance (for example, during the significant BF/CM rebate), then realized how awesomely cool the WR actually is when they got to see and admire it in their own hands. Matty should have been wiser and made the WR part of the subscription—I guarantee the uproar would have been much less than what they got with the Star Sisters, and it would have made many subscribers realize their prejudice against vehicles was silly. The WR is a jaw-dropping display piece.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I for one preferred a Character or figure over a Vehicle, I had no interest in the Wind Raider outside of the box art, but I wasn't paying $45+ shipping for box art. But I gladly (especially since I got him in hand) paid for Granamyr....a really great huge ass figure added to my collection.
    I agree. I think the main difference is one is a character and the other a vehicle. The first vehicle and many do not choose to purchase the vehicles as they do not plan to play with the toys. Just a thought.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Yes, the problem is many fans have this curious mindset that characters are somehow "better" than vehicles, and since it was made optional to buy the WR (unlike sub items like the Star Sisters), they haven't given the Wind Raider a chance and thus it ended up pegwarming (just like many sub items would have pegwarmed had they been outside the sub). The delay, the late price increase and its coincidence with the Christmas season, only helped to worsen a predictable situation.

But those reluctant fans that finally gave it a chance (for example, during the significant BF/CM rebate), then realized how awesomely cool the WR actually is when they got to see and admire it in their own hands. Matty should have been wiser and made the WR part of the subscription—I guarantee the uproar would have been much less than what they got with the Star Sisters, and it would have made many subscribers realize their prejudice against vehicles was silly. The WR is a jaw-dropping display piece.
    I agree with this. Seeing the Battle Ram getting made would make me very happy. The last large scale items, like Procrustus, Granamyr or Griffin mean nothing to me, personally...

Maybe Vehicles would sell better if they included a figure?...

I'm glad Two Bad is in the works...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Maybe Vehicles would sell better if they included a figure?...
    Yeah, too bad the Wind Raider pilot is not even going to be released, and the Roton, Talon Fighter and Attak Trak pilots are coming without their repective vehicles. Gotta love Matty's (il)logic.

They should just put up a sub to sell all 3 of those vehicle for 2014. I would buy a couple.

Snappy Threader
    I would love to see a MOTU encyclopedia. Recently I have seen the DC Universe, Superman and Batman encyclopedias and those are really cool. I figure since we are pretty much just missing the movie rights right????........once they secure the rights and have pretty much everythign available to them, that would be the perfect time to do one. The main issue though I am sure they would say is that there isn't one certain "canon" like say in DC or Star Wars for instance. But I would gladly take one based on anything they would want to base it on. It would be tough work to put somethign like that together that spans MOTU, POP, NA, 200x, MOTUC, the movie, books, mini-comics etc. Just think how amazing it will be when we finally get one. I just can't believe there isn't one already outside of the shortened 200x comic version (which is really cool by the way). Even a collector's book like the unofficial POP guide or the cool Star Wars and G.I. Joe books that show everything ever made for the toyline (and in the case of Star Wars) many non-toy items. I would absolutely flip out over one of those for MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    Q: Toyguru, I was wondering if you have any New Years resolutions for 2013?

A: From Toyguru:
    “My resolution is to spend more time with my family and have tea parties with my 2 year old daughter. Granamyr is her favorite guest – he is in perfect sitting position and holds a tea cup perfectly.”
    Hmm, but nothing about trying not deceive and gouge customers after they rallied to save the 2013 sub and possibly his job. I guess there's no money in it unless you're charging customers double shipping if they want to take advantage of early access.

I'm pleased Granamyr did well.
    But I'd like them to go in the exact opposite direction in the very very near future. Let's get some of the smaller characters- Gwildor, Loo-Kee, Kowl, Dree-Elle, Madame Razz & Broom- into the line! Bigger isn't always better, and I don't want this to give them any ideas about using that Granamyr body for eight more unnecessary dragons.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I'm hoping for some big ol dinosaurs sometime soon! Or maybe an MYP dragon. I really want to see more "stuff" instead of just figures. MOTU has always been about the accessories and craziness along with a colorful cast of characters. I love the figures but I like having diversity among the line. Granamyr, the Windraider, the Griffin, and the cats make this set so AMAZING. I'm elated to hear that big items are going to be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Hmm, but nothing about trying not deceive and gouge customers after they rallied to save the 2013 sub and possibly his job. I guess there's no money in it unless you're charging customers double shipping if they want to take advantage of early access.
    I disagree whole heartily on this one. As a parent, I fully respect and applaud his NYR. This toyline shouldn't be his entire life, just as my career isn't mine. Balance is important for all. And u know what, I'd rather the man be a solid father than my articulated crack dealer. And just an FYI, Articulated Crack is an awesome toy website name... someone should use it.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!