Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (1/15/2013)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It's an even bigger shame that they shoot down vehicle pre-orders until the Wind Raider finally sells out.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Actually, if Mattel kept the same set up (12 monthly figures, 4 quarterly items, 1 sub exclusive), they could very well introduce a vehicle as one of the quarterly items. The Wind Raider is now being sold at $50, and there are currently 2 skus at or above that amount in 2013.

1 variant (like Starburst She-Ra or NA Skeletor) $25
    1 oversized figure (like Modulok or Sagitar) $30
    1 Vehicle (like Battle Ram or Roton) $50
    1 beast or multi-pak (like Stridor or Movie Trio) $35-75

That would be pretty killer...imagine a 2014 like this!

JAN - Mantenna, Stridor (beast)
    FEB - Mermista, King Miro (sub exclusive)
    MAR - Scorpia
    APR - Hydron, Starburst She-Ra (variant)
    MAY - Extendar
    JUNE - Glimmer, Modulok (oversized figure)
    JULY - Flogg, Blade/Gwildor/Saurod 3-pack (SDCC exclusive)
    AUG - Sssqueeze
    SEPT - Strong Arm
    OCT - Peekablue, Battle Ram (vehicle)
    NOV - Crita
    DEC - Blast Attak
    Traveling Exclusive - Goat Man

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The Star Sisters were awesome, they sold out, and were a success. The 2012 Sub sold really well. Better than 2013. Scott said that the Star Sisters sold out, and we haven't seen them once at a discount on Matty.

It's fine if a small but vocal group doesn't like them, but I'm a bit weary of hearing how they were some dismal failure.
    The problem most people (myself included) have with the Star Sisters is the way they were sold. Doing them as an expensive three-pack makes it impossible to sell them without losing a fortune. If they had been sold individually, it would have been much easier to sell them. I personally like Starla and would have been happy getting just her, but I don't care for Tallstar or Jewelstar. I'm stuck with two figures I don't want. Had they been sold separately, I would have been able to sell the two I don't want at maybe a slight loss. Instead, I'm stuck with a three-pack I don't want, or I can possibly sell them at a massive loss.

As for them being successful: as long as we don't know the actual production numbers, we'll never know if they were really that successful. Mattel may have only made a very limited amount beyond the actual sub numbers. I find it hard to believe that so many people wanted the three-pack when you see them going for $20 on ebay. Nothing against the Star Sisters (they deserved to be made), but it was a horrible idea to sell them as a three-pack.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    The problem most people (myself included) have with the Star Sisters is the way they were sold. Doing them as an expensive three-pack makes it impossible to sell them without losing a fortune. If they had been sold individually, it would have been much easier to sell them. I personally like Starla and would have been happy getting just her, but I don't care for Tallstar or Jewelstar. I'm stuck with two figures I don't want. Had they been sold separately, I would have been able to sell the two I don't want at maybe a slight loss. Instead, I'm stuck with a three-pack I don't want, or I can possibly sell them at a massive loss.

As for them being successful: as long as we don't know the actual production numbers, we'll never know if they were really that successful. Mattel may have only made a very limited amount beyond the actual sub numbers. I find it hard to believe that so many people wanted the three-pack when you see them going for $20 on ebay. Nothing against the Star Sisters (they deserved to be made), but it was a horrible idea to sell them as a three-pack.
    People would have complained that they were taking up 3 normal monthly slots, instead of a quarterly slot.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    People would have complained that they were taking up 3 normal monthly slots, instead of a quarterly slot.
    They could've sold them as individual figures but released them all at the same time.
    (Same could be done with the Fighting Foe Men)

Army Builders are different because they give multiple display options to create more than just the two different looks.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Yeah, too bad the Wind Raider pilot is not even going to be released, and the Roton, Talon Fighter and Attak Trak pilots are coming without their repective vehicles. Gotta love Matty's (il)logic.
    You would think that one of the "Foe Men" would have been the Wind Raider pilot....since you know....we have that vehicle....

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Do you really believe that was part of the conversation at all? I can't believe that. It's a wacky coincidence.
    What? I don't know what part of his comment you were commenting on....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It's sad that no matter what the topic the Star Sisters comes up as a waste of a slot and money. I like them and would MUCH rather them than a vehicle. I have zero interest in any vehicle. I am only in it for the figures. Even some the beast's I have zero interest in. Give me more figures (not oversize like Procrustus) and I am a happy man. I would like to see some love shown to the core Great rebellion characters though.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Actually, if Mattel kept the same set up (12 monthly figures, 4 quarterly items, 1 sub exclusive), they could very well introduce a vehicle as one of the quarterly items. The Wind Raider is now being sold at $50, and there are currently 2 skus at or above that amount in 2013.

MAR - Scorpia
    MAY - Extendar
    AUG - Sssqueeze
    SEPT - Strong Arm
    NOV - Crita
    DEC - Blast Attak
    Ewwwwww, no thanks. Mantenna, Extendar, Modulok, Sssqueeze, and Blast Attak are the only ones in that list I would want. 2014 better just complete the rest of the vintage MOTU characters if they want me to sub again. I don't want any other characters outside of those next year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

MAR - Scorpia
    MAY - Extendar
    AUG - Sssqueeze
    SEPT - Strong Arm
    NOV - Crita
    DEC - Blast Attak
    I would buy the sub in a heart beat if that was the line-up for 2014. Bring it on!

MAR - Scorpia
    MAY - Extendar
    AUG - Sssqueeze
    SEPT - Strong Arm
    NOV - Crita
    DEC - Blast Attak
    I would not pay the money for a vehicle in a sub....and not to mention, Scott said the Foe Men were the last 3 packs in MOTUC. Also in 2014, the way things are going a vehicle is likely to be $60....so no thanks. Anything more expensive per month than 2013, for me is a big no, and not to mention, if this was the line-up....I would easily pass. Mantenna is the only one on there I need and have to have, aside from possibly She-Ra, depending on how she looked. Plus, at the moment, no more vehicles....but I would hope they'd try a PO for each one....I would buy Attack Track and Battle Ram, but not i a sub.

I would prefer to see Dragstor, Castaspella, Rio Blast & Tung Lashor in place of any 4 of those listed except Mantenna....and I would sell the Movie pack without hesitation, even if we were still getting 3 packs after this year. But this line-up....the sub would be a pass, and I'd PO Mantenna from BBTS.
    Coming.... Mermista
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

I hope the Granamyr sales figures are an indication the fans will support iconic MOTU items that are translated into toys for the first time - am really hoping we might see in future a Collector vehicle.

Even if it is offered as a pre-sale. It really would be awesome to finally have this vehicle in my collection.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    "Were the delays in Procrustus and Granamyr delays due to production delay or just shipping to the US?

A little of everything. But they made it!"

So my questions is DID the additional Granamyr/PRocrustus stock ever arrive or go on sale?

The blurb on mattycollector still says "Our shipment of Procrustus™ figures has been delayed. We'll receive him in waves and will ship out orders as supplies are received. Any additional products you order at the same time will be held until Procrustus™ arrives. Please order Procrustus™ separately if you don't want your other products held."

Are they still getting more of these in eventually? I'd like to not pay the inflated eBay prices that I paid for Castle Grayskullman, Mosquitor and Rattlor, so if they're coming, I can wait.
    I'm bumping this question until I get a yes, no, or am told to go pee up a tree.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I'm bumping this question until I get a yes, no, or am told to go pee up a tree.
    I don't think you're understanding the situation properly - when Procrustus and Granymyr were put up on the 12/15 sale, Matty took orders for the full amount of product they knew they would eventually get, not how much they had in stock at that time. When the orders placed equaled the production run of those figures, the site listed them as sold out.

They will not be put back on sale as stock comes in. They already took the orders. They will fulfill those orders as the rest of the stock comes in.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    It's sad that no matter what the topic the Star Sisters comes up as a waste of a slot and money. I like them and would MUCH rather them than a vehicle. I have zero interest in any vehicle. I am only in it for the figures. Even some the beast's I have zero interest in. Give me more figures (not oversize like Procrustus) and I am a happy man. I would like to see some love shown to the core Great rebellion characters though.
    YES! Thank you! I could not agree with this statement any more than I already do!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Ewwwwww, no thanks. Mantenna, Extendar, Modulok, Sssqueeze, and Blast Attak are the only ones in that list I would want. 2014 better just complete the rest of the vintage MOTU characters if they want me to sub again. I don't want any other characters outside of those next year.
    Well, on the bright side, since you won't be collecting the line any more I guess there's going to be a lot less complaining about every tiny thing here in 2014.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I think all stock has been received by now and all orders taken were filled by said stock, the orders were still taken on the stock even though it wasn't all in....That is what was said, and meant by the "delay" statement, not that orders would only be taken on what they had, and more later....no.

That is why I friggin had to wait 2 extra weeks to get my damn Granamyr, my order was being filled by stock still In China or something when I ordered him.....first thing DOS....and I still had to wait, when others who ordered later DOS and next day were getting shipping notices....
    Coming.... Mermista
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    I don't think you're understanding the situation properly - when Procrustus and Granymyr were put up on the 12/15 sale, Matty took orders for the full amount of product they knew they would eventually get, not how much they had in stock at that time. When the orders placed equaled the production run of those figures, the site listed them as sold out.

They will not be put back on sale as stock comes in. They already took the orders. They will fulfill those orders as the rest of the stock comes in.
    Aha! That makes sense...I misunderstood.

Thank you for clarifying. Thankfully, I found a Procrustus for $47, shipped...now begins the search for a Granamyr that costs less than my weekly food bill!

Oh, and now I need to find a tree....
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Well, on the bright side, since you won't be collecting the line any more I guess there's going to be a lot less complaining about every tiny thing here in 2014.
    Less complaining? You'd better check the temperature in hell first.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

MAR - Scorpia
    MAY - Extendar
    AUG - Sssqueeze
    SEPT - Strong Arm
    NOV - Crita
    DEC - Blast Attak
    I'm not so keen on vehicles but this list isn't bad at all. If the quarterlies were NA Skeletor, Modulok and the 3 trio that'd be great and would fill most of my main wants.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I don't want any vehicles. I want figures. So keep vehicles out of the sub please! Leave the sku's to get more figures out and keep vehicles out of the sub. I'ld also prefer quarterlies to be left out of the sub and just kept as early access. Maybe give subber's a small early access discount on the items. I think they'd sell more subs that way and it would make early access worth while.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)

MAR - Scorpia
    MAY - Extendar
    AUG - Sssqueeze
    SEPT - Strong Arm
    NOV - Crita
    DEC - Blast Attak
    That is actually a great line up, would be awesome!

Plus bonus points for Crita
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I also got the feeling from that answer that there "has been a discussion" and is more now a "when" not "if"....

And as far as large items / beasts etc...I would prefer more multi pack of figures 2 or 3 packs (not army builders) to "move the line along" ...
    I agree, with 2-packs or 3-packs you could have more characters at once, you could make:
    Madame Razz and Broom and maybe even add Kowl.
    Sea Hawk, Swen and the little Davy Jones.
    Spritina, Sprag and Sprocker, maybe even add Sprint and Spunky
    Melaktha, Stanlan and Holly
    Filmation Hordak and Imp
    Uncle Montork, Dree Elle, Yukkers, Squonge, Snoob

You would get a lot more figures at the same time, no longer having to worry if the other figures will ever be made if some of them had only been released as single figures.

I too prefer characters over vehicles. That's not to say I don't like vehicles, the Windraider was great but a character with a personality and back story, character development etc is far more appealing than an inanimate object used to get from A to B. Just as in real life I would never prize a car over a living creature.

I worry a bit about Two-bad as I prefer his 200X look where both halves of him looked more unique from eachother. Sounds as if the classic version will just be a guy with two heads and different paint jobs each side like the 80s version

MAR - Scorpia
    MAY - Extendar
    AUG - Sssqueeze
    SEPT - Strong Arm
    NOV - Crita
    DEC - Blast Attak
    OMG please can this be the sub next year? You have included my Top 3 PoP characters (SB She-Ra, Mermista, Peekablue), my most wanted vehicle, my top two MOTU (Mantenna, Gwildor) AND my preferred choice for next year's traveling exclusive. *wheeps*
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I worry a bit about Two-bad as I prefer his 200X look where both halves of him looked more unique from eachother. Sounds as if the classic version will just be a guy with two heads and different paint jobs each side like the 80s version
    Actually, the vintage figure had different boots and gloves on each side, and the purple side had scales and ridges on his limbs. Both sides were completely different.
    The only big discernable difference the 200X version added was a split loincloth, which in my opinion looked ghastly mainly due to the horrible shade of green they used on one half. I will be more than happy if it is based on the vintage.
    Check out the differences: http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Two_Bad
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Let's hope that means Shadow Wing and/or Sorrowful remain within the realm of possibility.

But I'm getting tired of their constant insistence in calling the Wind Raider a failure. Why didn't they just include it as a quarterly oversized in the subscription like other similarly priced items? Why beasts and hyper-obscure figure packs can be within the subscription but A-list, first-wave-vintage vehicles apparently cannot? That way they would have sold their required quota of WRs without all this drama, we'd be seeing more vehicles coming (including the essential must-have Battle Ram), and I bet many subscribers would have been much more pleased with getting a Wind Raider (you really gotta have it in hand to realize how mindblowingly awesome it actually is) than, say, the controversial Star Sisters and FFM.
    I still firmly believe they should have released the Sky Sled as the first vehicle. Smaller price point AND they could have changed out the head for the Evil Warriors once the Filmation rights were secured. Think of how many individual sleds could have been sold due to the smaller pricing. The back end of the Battle Ram could have been added later... the majority of fans would have opted for it to "complete" the vintage vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I agree with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    That, I think, is ultimately the flaw with the "all-in" subscription system. The fans who care only about vintage re-releases directly "combat" the fans who support other factions and new characters. (I realize "combat" is not the most optimal word choice, but it is the easiest to understand given the context.) The reality, because of the "all-in" system, is that both sides of the fan base need each other for things to survive over the next couple years... and that means everyone is not going to be able to get 100% of what they want. Everyone's personal preferences and pocketbooks are going to have to compromise, to some extent.
    Last edited by Darth Daddy; January 27, 2013 at 06:46pm.
    Say cheese!!!