Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (1/15/2013)

That Two-Bad answer is interesting.

Normally answers to such questions are: We havenīt discussed him yet, but great idea....or something like that.

Sounds to me, he is already planned

I like the Two Bad answer. Good news about Granamyr selling well. I really like the figures the most, but I want more "stuff" too. Vehicles, little guys, beasts and where are my Stilt Stalkers? Hmm?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Yes, the problem is many fans have this curious mindset that characters are somehow "better" than vehicles, and since it was made optional to buy the WR (unlike sub items like the Star Sisters), they haven't given the Wind Raider a chance and thus it ended up pegwarming (just like many sub items would have pegwarmed had they been outside the sub). The delay, the late price increase and its coincidence with the Christmas season, only helped to worsen a predictable situation.

But those reluctant fans that finally gave it a chance (for example, during the significant BF/CM rebate), then realized how awesomely cool the WR actually is when they got to see and admire it in their own hands. Matty should have been wiser and made the WR part of the subscription—I guarantee the uproar would have been much less than what they got with the Star Sisters, and it would have made many subscribers realize their prejudice against vehicles was silly. The WR is a jaw-dropping display piece.
    Mattel should make the Filmation Attack Trak. You could argue it is a character.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Mattel should make the Filmation Attack Trak. You could argue it is a character.
    I'd love that. It would be one vehicle that's good for multiple figures. I'm sure the Four Horsemen could make it great!

Yes, the problem is many fans have this curious mindset that characters are somehow "better" than vehicles, and since it was made optional to buy the WR (unlike sub items like the Star Sisters), they haven't given the Wind Raider a chance and thus it ended up pegwarming (just like many sub items would have pegwarmed had they been outside the sub). The delay, the late price increase and its coincidence with the Christmas season, only helped to worsen a predictable situation.

But those reluctant fans that finally gave it a chance (for example, during the significant BF/CM rebate), then realized how awesomely cool the WR actually is when they got to see and admire it in their own hands. Matty should have been wiser and made the WR part of the subscription—I guarantee the uproar would have been much less than what they got with the Star Sisters, and it would have made many subscribers realize their prejudice against vehicles was silly. The WR is a jaw-dropping display piece.
    I prefer a figure over a vehicle, the only vehicle I would own, because I had it is Attack Trak, I never had a Wind Raider, and really don't care for it. Plus at the original time I wanted Demo & BGEL more, and when it went to the essentials, I still preferred to get my remaining figures instead, simply because of the lack of interest in it.

But put an Attack Trak up for sale, even if it takes me a month or so, I will buy it, but likely it will stay boxed....but that would be the only vehicle I'd buy, but right now I am trying to get money for Grayskull.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yeah, too bad the Wind Raider pilot is not even going to be released, and the Roton, Talon Fighter and Attak Trak pilots are coming without their repective vehicles. Gotta love Matty's (il)logic.
    Do you really believe that was part of the conversation at all? I can't believe that. It's a wacky coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Some fans like getting characters over vehicles.
    ..and some fans prefer this character to that one, and don't want certain factions in the subs. I don't see the difference with vehicles. For all the moaning people did about the FFM and Star Sisters, what if it had been the Battle Ram and Point Dread/Talon Fighter instead? (Not that I'm an advocate of wishing either of those had not been in the line, just using them as examples of high-priced items).

I like the answer about high-priced items and look forward to whatever is unveiled next. Glad to see Granamyr did well.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Do you really believe that was part of the conversation at all? I can't believe that. It's a wacky coincidence.
    Uh? What gives? The fact is, they could have made the vehicles more attractive by including their respective pilots. But instead of that, they're giving us the pilots of those vehicles they don't intend to produce, while not releasing the pilot of the one vehicle we do have. A wacky coincidence? Could be, if not because absurdity and incongruence seem to Matty's middle names. They almost seem to do it on purpose (like reversing Stinkor's forearms to make them "pop", and painting the Snow Queen gray because "white looks unfinished").
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 15, 2013 at 10:15pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

1) Can't wait to see the Castle Grayskull Sculpt! I'm excited about the 3-4 new figures too.

2) The Two-Bad reply does imply some thought has gone into him. I wonder?

3) I get really annoyed when the 2013 sub sales are referred to as reaching "the bare min to go into production", when it was 37% over the bare minimum and was also described as the fans "knocking it out of the park". I don't get why it was praised and then down played immediately.

4) I am very happy Granamyr sold out and was successful. It opens the door for future "huge" items. However, rather than make another dragon figure like Sorrowful or one of the evil dragons, I hope the next expensive item is one of the beasts we need to get, or split it into two smaller beasts, like Stridor, Bionatops, Tyrantasaurus Rex, or Mantisaur.

5) I hope that "right opportunities" for more official Classics accessories offered outside Mattycollector include exclusive figures on sites like Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, and even the Org.

6) I am pleased that unmasked Spector is NOT high on their priority list. So many better choices for special "sneak in" accessories.

7) I really wish they would have some characters actually developed and designed before throwing out a name. Tufos....really? Why not have Delora, Stratos' wife or, in the case of Filmation, his sister step in as leader after his death. That would have been a great way to include that character into the MOTUC world, plus she already has establish ties with the franchise, having appearances in the mini-comics, Filmation cartoon, and MYP cartoon.

8) With Castle Grayskull selling above expectations, I hope we see a pre-order for Snake Mountain at the end of 2013 or early 2014.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 16, 2013 at 10:20am.

Uh? What gives?
    You've got some fascinating opinions. Moving right along...

I was really kind of hoping Two Bad would be the evil warriors' Big Guy. I think he'd work great with Ram Man base and a new upper torso piece for two heads.

Heroic Warrior
    To each his own regarding preferring characters at the expense of vehicles, but I'll admit I still don't understand. The WR is far more vital to the mythos than Granamyr, whom I love and own. It appeared in minicomics, comics, the majority of Filmation episodes, and it even had analogs in the Mike Young series.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    1) Can't wait to see the Castle Grayskull Sculpt! I'm excited about the 3-4 new figures too.

2) The Two-Bad reply does imply some thought has gone into him. I wonder?

3) I get really annoyed when the 2013 sub sales are referred to as reaching "the bare min to go into production", when it was 37% over the bare minimum and was also described as the fans "knocking it out of the park". I don't get why it was praised and then down played immediately.

4) I am very happy Granamyr sold out and was successful. It opens the door for future "huge" items. However, rather than make another dragon figure like Sowerful or one of the evil dragons, I hope the next expensive item is one of the beasts we need to get, or split it into two smaller beasts, like Stridor, Bionatops, Tyrantasaurus Rex, or Mantisaur.

5) I hope that "right opportunities" for more official Classics accessories offered outside Mattycollector include exclusive figures on sites like Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, and even the Org.

6) I am pleased that unmasked Spector is NOT high on their priority list. So many better choices for special "sneak in" accessories.

7) I really wish they would have some characters actually developed and designed before throwing out a name. Tufos....really? Why not have Delora, Stratos' wife or, in the case of Filmation, his sister step in as leader after his death. That would have been a great way to include that character into the MOTUC world, plus she already has establish ties with the franchise, having appearances in the mini-comics, Filmation cartoon, and MYP cartoon.

8) With Castle Grayskull selling above expectations, I hope we see a pre-order for Snake Mountain at the end of 2013 or early 2014.
    Everything you said is pretty much right on the money. More beasts and another playset pre-sale are huge wants for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Maybe Vehicles would sell better if they included a figure?...

I'm glad Two Bad is in the works...
    I also got the feeling from that answer that there "has been a discussion" and is more now a "when" not "if"....

And as far as large items / beasts etc...I would prefer more multi pack of figures 2 or 3 packs (not army builders) to "move the line along" ...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk
    Totally with you on this.

I really hope Scott doesn't still believe that the MOTU fandom hates icky girls. I mean, he made Buzz Off "king" of the Andreenids, when he wasn't at all in the past, and there was already a Queen established as the sole monarch in the 200X cartoon... and now Stratos's sister isn't a decent enough choice to take over? Why not?

The lost opportunity to include Delora/Hawke in the mythos in that way is just unfortunate. She would be a great figure.

Yes, the problem is many fans have this curious mindset that characters are somehow "better" than vehicles, and since it was made optional to buy the WR (unlike sub items like the Star Sisters), they haven't given the Wind Raider a chance
    The Wind Raider IS amazing... but it was expensive and not a figure. A lot of people don't collect vehicles.

Also, I am just going to do what you're doing, but say the opposite:

The Star Sisters were awesome, they sold out, and were a success. The 2012 Sub sold really well. Better than 2013. Scott said that the Star Sisters sold out, and we haven't seen them once at a discount on Matty.

It's fine if a small but vocal group doesn't like them, but I'm a bit weary of hearing how they were some dismal failure.
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 16, 2013 at 04:03am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I don't understand why Granamyr did much better than the WR, but I think both are cool. My 2-year-old daughter likes Granamyr as well!
    Thereīs just more play value in a character as opposed to a vehicle like the Wind Raider. Especially with that thing being so big, wings attached and all, it lacks the "swoosh" factor. Itīs an awesome display piece and the added detail with those engine hatches are incredible. But the main functionis flying, and for that purpose itīs a bit too big. Furthermore the display stand, as cool as it is, is too small. The Wind Raider cannot hover above the figures, thus making it rather useless for a group display.
    The Battle Ram on the other hand for example is a driving vehicle. Itīs main purpose is to drive and to shoot missiles. You can put it on your display as is, no stands needed. That makes it much easier to be included in a shelf display and building a fleet of Battle-Rams makes more sense - display wise - than a fleet of Wind Raiders. Let alone the option to remove the Sky Sled to be used as a separate display piece.
    And the dragon? Heīs the centerpiece of any shelf display right now. Thatīs why heīs so succesful. He towers above every other figure and giant, and heīs only just sitting! And heīs poseable. That makes him a much more popular item amongst collectors.
    To me it makes perfectly sense that Granamyr is selling better than the Wind Raider.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Glad to hear Granny did well - he's a great figure. I hope the "other large items" include things like Tyrantasaurus Rex, Turbo Dactyl and Bionotops. I would love the Battle Ram too - I think before the line ends we need to get this out - the fans want it and Mattel know that, they just need to get a preorder type thing sorted.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Who is Tufos? Will we know more about him in future bios? If not, please tell us who he is.

He is the Avion who took over for Stratos after he heroically sacrificed himself during the Second Ultimate Battleground.
    Not in my Canon...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Some fans like getting characters over vehicles.
    Of course replacing one of the oversized pack slots with a vehicle would cater for both preferences. Vehicles would sell being part of the sub, and character fans would still have the remaining slots. I wonder if this is the only way to get Attak Trak and Battle Ram.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

But I'm getting tired of their constant insistence in calling the Wind Raider a failure. Why didn't they just include it as a quarterly oversized in the subscription like other similarly priced items? Why beasts and hyper-obscure figure packs can be within the subscription but A-list, first-wave-vintage vehicles apparently cannot? That way they would have sold their required quota of WRs without all this drama, we'd be seeing more vehicles coming (including the essential must-have Battle Ram), and I bet many subscribers would have been much more pleased with getting a Wind Raider (you really gotta have it in hand to realize how mindblowingly awesome it actually is) than, say, the controversial Star Sisters and FFM.
    I couldn't agree more, and would love to see one vehicle a year included in the sub. For example if each of the FFM were released annually with their respective vehicles at the same price point as the current three pack, they'd have sub support for the vehicle molds, the FFM would make more sense to the overall collection, and they would look incredible on display!

When MOTUC ends it would be a shame to have a hundred awesome figures and beasts on display with just one lonely vehicle. I hope Mattel is still looking at ways to create some of the awesome MOTU vehicles in this line. Whether that means trying a preorder system, or using the sub to support production. I love those vehicle designs just as much as the MOTU heavy hitters and a magnitude more than some of the higher priced quarterly items we've received via the sub such as the the Star Sisters three-pack. It would be so cool to have a MOTUC Battle Ram, Roton, or Road Ripper on display as part of this collection!

It's great to hear that Granamyr is selling well, here's hoping for a mini comic Green repaint somewhere down the line. Hopefully his success means we can also look forward to an incredible 4H Bionatops or Tyrantisaurus Rex in the future.

But I'm getting tired of their constant insistence in calling the Wind Raider a failure. Why didn't they just include it as a quarterly oversized in the subscription like other similarly priced items? Why beasts and hyper-obscure figure packs can be within the subscription but A-list, first-wave-vintage vehicles apparently cannot?
    Mattel's rationale, I believe, is that certain items (like the Wind Raider) need to be kept out of the subscription so they have the freedom to adjust the price.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I'm very surprised to hear Granamyr sold better the Wind Raider, hopefully this is a good sign for Battle Ram being released
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Very happy to hear Granamyr sold well, I was worried and someone said TG hinted that he didn't sell well. as for the Wind Raider, I love it, glad I have it and honestly as a kid I never had it, I wanted it but not as desperately as I wanted figures (or other to me more interesting vehicles)

I think vehicle pre-orders are the best bet. the Battle ram is already sculpted so opening it up to presale allows mattel a no risk endeavour. we aren't ordering based on a drawing, and if it doesn't go through the fans get upset but no money is wasted.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    "Were the delays in Procrustus and Granamyr delays due to production delay or just shipping to the US?

A little of everything. But they made it!"

So my questions is DID the additional Granamyr/PRocrustus stock ever go on sale?

The blurb on mattycollector still says "Our shipment of Procrustus™ figures has been delayed. We'll receive him in waves and will ship out orders as supplies are received. Any additional products you order at the same time will be held until Procrustus™ arrives. Please order Procrustus™ separately if you don't want your other products held."

Are they still getting more of these in eventually? I'd like to not pay the inflated eBay prices that I paid for Castle Grayskullman, Mosquitor and Rattlor, so if they're coming, I can wait.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Podcaster
    It's disappointing that the Wind Raider did not sell up to Mattel's somewhat vague expectations.

But it is a SHAME that we might never get that gorgeous Battle Ram that the 4H sculpted. How was THAT not the first vehicle relased? Just makes no sense to show it and then never release it - and of course blaming us for not buying enough Wind Raiders.

I did like the Two Bad and Granamyr news. I'm very pleased that Two Bad will be a standard size buck. I'm a MOC collector and they work better in the display than the oversized Orko (still sill to me that he was oversized with Adam in the undisplayable basement of the package), Queen Marlena and Ram Man. Though I understand about Ram Man.
    Last edited by SunDevil; January 16, 2013 at 10:09am.
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Yeah, too bad the Wind Raider pilot is not even going to be released, and the Roton, Talon Fighter and Attak Trak pilots are coming without their repective vehicles. Gotta love Matty's (il)logic.
    Wouldn't it be cool if the "news" that they're going to drop is a mini-sub of 3 vehicles? Roton, Talon Fighter, and Attak Trak? That would rock!