Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (1/15/2013)

That Two-Bad answer is interesting.

Normally answers to such questions are: We haven´t discussed him yet, but great idea....or something like that.

Sounds to me, he is already planned

I like the Two Bad answer. Good news about Granamyr selling well. I really like the figures the most, but I want more "stuff" too. Vehicles, little guys, beasts and where are my Stilt Stalkers? Hmm?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Yes, the problem is many fans have this curious mindset that characters are somehow "better" than vehicles, and since it was made optional to buy the WR (unlike sub items like the Star Sisters), they haven't given the Wind Raider a chance and thus it ended up pegwarming (just like many sub items would have pegwarmed had they been outside the sub). The delay, the late price increase and its coincidence with the Christmas season, only helped to worsen a predictable situation.

But those reluctant fans that finally gave it a chance (for example, during the significant BF/CM rebate), then realized how awesomely cool the WR actually is when they got to see and admire it in their own hands. Matty should have been wiser and made the WR part of the subscription—I guarantee the uproar would have been much less than what they got with the Star Sisters, and it would have made many subscribers realize their prejudice against vehicles was silly. The WR is a jaw-dropping display piece.
    Mattel should make the Filmation Attack Trak. You could argue it is a character.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Mattel should make the Filmation Attack Trak. You could argue it is a character.
    I'd love that. It would be one vehicle that's good for multiple figures. I'm sure the Four Horsemen could make it great!

Yes, the problem is many fans have this curious mindset that characters are somehow "better" than vehicles, and since it was made optional to buy the WR (unlike sub items like the Star Sisters), they haven't given the Wind Raider a chance and thus it ended up pegwarming (just like many sub items would have pegwarmed had they been outside the sub). The delay, the late price increase and its coincidence with the Christmas season, only helped to worsen a predictable situation.

But those reluctant fans that finally gave it a chance (for example, during the significant BF/CM rebate), then realized how awesomely cool the WR actually is when they got to see and admire it in their own hands. Matty should have been wiser and made the WR part of the subscription—I guarantee the uproar would have been much less than what they got with the Star Sisters, and it would have made many subscribers realize their prejudice against vehicles was silly. The WR is a jaw-dropping display piece.
    I prefer a figure over a vehicle, the only vehicle I would own, because I had it is Attack Trak, I never had a Wind Raider, and really don't care for it. Plus at the original time I wanted Demo & BGEL more, and when it went to the essentials, I still preferred to get my remaining figures instead, simply because of the lack of interest in it.

But put an Attack Trak up for sale, even if it takes me a month or so, I will buy it, but likely it will stay boxed....but that would be the only vehicle I'd buy, but right now I am trying to get money for Grayskull.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yeah, too bad the Wind Raider pilot is not even going to be released, and the Roton, Talon Fighter and Attak Trak pilots are coming without their repective vehicles. Gotta love Matty's (il)logic.
    Do you really believe that was part of the conversation at all? I can't believe that. It's a wacky coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Some fans like getting characters over vehicles.
    ..and some fans prefer this character to that one, and don't want certain factions in the subs. I don't see the difference with vehicles. For all the moaning people did about the FFM and Star Sisters, what if it had been the Battle Ram and Point Dread/Talon Fighter instead? (Not that I'm an advocate of wishing either of those had not been in the line, just using them as examples of high-priced items).

I like the answer about high-priced items and look forward to whatever is unveiled next. Glad to see Granamyr did well.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Do you really believe that was part of the conversation at all? I can't believe that. It's a wacky coincidence.
    Uh? What gives? The fact is, they could have made the vehicles more attractive by including their respective pilots. But instead of that, they're giving us the pilots of those vehicles they don't intend to produce, while not releasing the pilot of the one vehicle we do have. A wacky coincidence? Could be, if not because absurdity and incongruence seem to Matty's middle names. They almost seem to do it on purpose (like reversing Stinkor's forearms to make them "pop", and painting the Snow Queen gray because "white looks unfinished").
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 15, 2013 at 10:15pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

1) Can't wait to see the Castle Grayskull Sculpt! I'm excited about the 3-4 new figures too.

2) The Two-Bad reply does imply some thought has gone into him. I wonder?

3) I get really annoyed when the 2013 sub sales are referred to as reaching "the bare min to go into production", when it was 37% over the bare minimum and was also described as the fans "knocking it out of the park". I don't get why it was praised and then down played immediately.

4) I am very happy Granamyr sold out and was successful. It opens the door for future "huge" items. However, rather than make another dragon figure like Sorrowful or one of the evil dragons, I hope the next expensive item is one of the beasts we need to get, or split it into two smaller beasts, like Stridor, Bionatops, Tyrantasaurus Rex, or Mantisaur.

5) I hope that "right opportunities" for more official Classics accessories offered outside Mattycollector include exclusive figures on sites like Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, and even the Org.

6) I am pleased that unmasked Spector is NOT high on their priority list. So many better choices for special "sneak in" accessories.

7) I really wish they would have some characters actually developed and designed before throwing out a name. Tufos....really? Why not have Delora, Stratos' wife or, in the case of Filmation, his sister step in as leader after his death. That would have been a great way to include that character into the MOTUC world, plus she already has establish ties with the franchise, having appearances in the mini-comics, Filmation cartoon, and MYP cartoon.

8) With Castle Grayskull selling above expectations, I hope we see a pre-order for Snake Mountain at the end of 2013 or early 2014.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 16, 2013 at 10:20am.

Uh? What gives?
    You've got some fascinating opinions. Moving right along...

I was really kind of hoping Two Bad would be the evil warriors' Big Guy. I think he'd work great with Ram Man base and a new upper torso piece for two heads.

Heroic Warrior
    To each his own regarding preferring characters at the expense of vehicles, but I'll admit I still don't understand. The WR is far more vital to the mythos than Granamyr, whom I love and own. It appeared in minicomics, comics, the majority of Filmation episodes, and it even had analogs in the Mike Young series.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    1) Can't wait to see the Castle Grayskull Sculpt! I'm excited about the 3-4 new figures too.

2) The Two-Bad reply does imply some thought has gone into him. I wonder?

3) I get really annoyed when the 2013 sub sales are referred to as reaching "the bare min to go into production", when it was 37% over the bare minimum and was also described as the fans "knocking it out of the park". I don't get why it was praised and then down played immediately.

4) I am very happy Granamyr sold out and was successful. It opens the door for future "huge" items. However, rather than make another dragon figure like Sowerful or one of the evil dragons, I hope the next expensive item is one of the beasts we need to get, or split it into two smaller beasts, like Stridor, Bionatops, Tyrantasaurus Rex, or Mantisaur.

5) I hope that "right opportunities" for more official Classics accessories offered outside Mattycollector include exclusive figures on sites like Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, and even the Org.

6) I am pleased that unmasked Spector is NOT high on their priority list. So many better choices for special "sneak in" accessories.

7) I really wish they would have some characters actually developed and designed before throwing out a name. Tufos....really? Why not have Delora, Stratos' wife or, in the case of Filmation, his sister step in as leader after his death. That would have been a great way to include that character into the MOTUC world, plus she already has establish ties with the franchise, having appearances in the mini-comics, Filmation cartoon, and MYP cartoon.

8) With Castle Grayskull selling above expectations, I hope we see a pre-order for Snake Mountain at the end of 2013 or early 2014.
    Everything you said is pretty much right on the money. More beasts and another playset pre-sale are huge wants for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Maybe Vehicles would sell better if they included a figure?...

I'm glad Two Bad is in the works...
    I also got the feeling from that answer that there "has been a discussion" and is more now a "when" not "if"....

And as far as large items / beasts etc...I would prefer more multi pack of figures 2 or 3 packs (not army builders) to "move the line along" ...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572