Thread: Big is Better: Suggestions for BIG toys to add to my MOTUC

Heroic Warrior

Big is Better: Suggestions for BIG toys to add to my MOTUC

I have all the MOTUC figures to date. I am enjoying the bigger figs such as Gygor, Megator, Tytus, Procrustus and Granamyr. I have been adding NON MOTUC toys to my collection as well.

On my Demo-Man shelf, I got the really cool Rankor figure. It's huge! It came with a bone so I added the skeleton helmet that came with Demo-Man. I imagine the Rankor creature is in the same dimension Demo-Man is in.

I also recently purchase the Marvel Select Barbarian Hulk figure. I have him on my shelf with Vikor, Vykron, and BA Teela. I am debating displaying him with the Green Goddess.

I recently saw in someone' s collection an ape called Cy-Gor 2. I am "watching" it on ebay. I intend on making him part of the Horde.

Anyone have suggestions for BIG figures that could fit into MOTUC?

Lord of the Rings may have some cool ones. I'm looking for a really good Centaur.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very cool! I have by my computer many of the large figures displayed on my desk.
    Granamyr, Procrustus, Megator, Shadow Beast, Griffin. The rest are Vikor, BA Teela, Marzo & Demo Man.
    These guys look great separated from the main MOTU crew. Very fantasy barbarian vs wizards & monsters look.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

There was a pretty nifty Treebeard figure made for LOTR:2T...could stand in until we get SKYTREE!!! (Oh, how I want that tree.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Marvel Legends Fin Fang Foom Build-A-Figure:

Marvel Universe Frost Giant:

Marvel Select Abomination:

Marvel Legends Build-A-Figure Annihilus:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    At first glance, that Abomination figure is cool... but then you see those ridiculous hip ball joints... do people really like that? I've seen it on a few Marvel figures, and to me it just looks wrong.

Came in here to suggest Barbarian Hulk but you've beat me to it. Doesn't McFarlane make some larger scale dragons? I've only seen them online but they look like they would be pretty big
    On Twitter @DualHares

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    At first glance, that Abomination figure is cool... but then you see those ridiculous hip ball joints... do people really like that? I've seen it on a few Marvel figures, and to me it just looks wrong.
    I don't mind them. And like you said, the Abomination is a cool figure.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    If one of the great customisers got a MU Galactus, and shaved him down then Re-sculpted Tytus,
    That would be amazing,...expensive, but cool

The LOTR Balrog is awesome. I want one of them, as well as Fin Fang Foom.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Agreed. Completely ruins the figure. Are ridiculous amounts of articulation really that important?

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Surely big is better.... and Granamyr is awesome, but small is beautiful too! I'd also like to have small characters in MOTUC at some point... Kowl, The Twiggets, Lookee and the Trollans would be a nice addition to the line...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Agreed. Completely ruins the figure. Are ridiculous amounts of articulation really that important?
    I have to agree with you! It seems like many figures these days suffer from over articulation, to the point they appear too awkward or frail. I think MOTUC has it right, just enough to be flexible, but not enough where it detracts from the overall look of the figure. Toy Biz and Hasbro really butchered some great figures by over articulation.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I too have the Frost Giant. I too want the Balrog. I almost picked up the Troll King from HOBBIT this weekend, but Youtube made him look bigger than he was in the package. I too have Gygor and Griffin. Really drooling over Cy-Gor 2 as a Horde member.

A few already mentioned from Toybiz's LOTR line (although NECA made the Balrog). Also add in the Fell Beast (big ass dragon), Warg (big ass wolf), Shelob (big ass spider), numerous trolls. The horses are cool for MOTU mounts.

Thunderhoof from the Spawn line is another cool horse to use.

Probably a lot of McFarlane type creatures you can use.

I like to pit my TRU 2 pack He-Man against the Mattel BAF Darseid. I am trying to trackdown the DC Collectibles Darkseid but he is the size of a 1/6 figure so I fear he may be too tall. Still, it is an awesome looking figure.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

DCUC Chemo looks cool with the bad guys. Just looks like some experiment that somebody did and is of course controlled by some random remote looking thing you should be able to find. The mix and match is always fun
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...