Thread: Blade, Gwildor, and Saurod - How important are they to you?

Hybrid View

Blade, Gwildor, and Saurod - How important are they to you?

With only so many vintage figures left, I'm curious about these guys. I'm surprised we haven't gotten to any of them yet. They're from the movie so I think that may factionalize them a bit. But I want them just as much if not more than other vintage figures left to be made. What would be your idea on how to get to them? 3 pack? Exclusive? Singles mixed in monthly? In any case I want all three. What are your thoughts?

Heroic Warrior
    Not that important... Something like the Rock people, nice but not essential to me...

Extremely, just as important to me as Mantenna and Two-Bad
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Blade & Saurod were favorites of mine when I was a kid. They would be amazing in MOTUC.
    I'm starting to lose interest with this line now slowing down & with all those Filmation, POG, NA, POP, HRSOHM, Mini Comics & others still to go.
    I'm hoping they will be a 3 pack so they are not 3 separate monthly figures.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Essential for completeness. Those three plus Karg are definite must-haves for me. I'd also welcome an Eternian Robes Lubic and a God Skeletor, but these I could live without—not so about Blade, Gwildor, Saurod and Karg; not having them would leave big holes in my collection.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

These are essential to me. Gwildor has been mentioned in the bios and has an important role in the saga. The other two are just very cool characters that need to be updated while we can get them.

I don't think Mattel even has the rights to make these guys. Maybe this will be a NYTF announcement. But essential? Completeness sake as mentioned already then yes. I had the figures as a kid & would love them now Classicized.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Not that important... Something like the Rock people, nice but not essential to me...
    This.^^^ Exactly This ^^^
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I want, I want, I want, I want so bad.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Not important at all as they are just movie characters that barely did anything. They are just as bad as those Rock Lords as far as I am concerned and not needed. In fact, neither are those half wit half characters that float.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Gwildor is my most wanted figure!
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Never equated them as part of vintage line .. Rock people on the other hand.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Essential to me. I would prefer those three over any other vintage motu figures left, honestly.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

These are a must! They didn't get made yet probably due to the unique molds
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

These are a must for me. The movie was my He-man growing up (born in '83 and only had 4 episodes recorded on tape).
    I'm with the people who want everything movie related (These three plus, Karg, Lubic, God Skeletor, Dolph He-man, Movie Teela, Movie Man-At-Arms, Kevin, Julie, Movie Evil-Lyn, The Soldiers, heck I'd even take a Charlie!)

And pigboy. Can't forget about pigboy.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Blade, Gwildor, and Saurod - How important are they to you?
    Not that important. I wouldn't mind having Blade or Saurod but I'm not itching for them either.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    What would be your idea on how to get to them? 3 pack? Exclusive? Singles mixed in monthly?
    Well, since I don't want Gwildor in any form, I'd prefer that these be released singly as monthly figures. That way I can avoid buying Gwildor.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Ok... time for me to sound insane here. I loved the movie. I know it wasn't the same as the mini-comics (which did get pretty cheesy for a few issues) or the cartoon (which was often quite cheesy) but as a huge fun of another slice of sci-fi/fantasy cheese from the 80s, Flash Gordon, I just thought the movie was a lot of fun. And I'm really disappointed it's not on iTunes. I was hoping when the Blu-ray was released, we'd finally see it up on iTunes.

Gwildor is the typical absent-minded genius. And he's got such a fun little look to him. But if they do him, they have to have the one-eye-cocked look that Billy Barty used in the movie so much. It would give him character.

Blade is cool because he's only a good fighter... in a world where everyone else has magic, super strength, technological assistance/enhancements, the innate non-human abilities of their species, he just has his skills. This makes him totally BA!

Saurod... I like the look of him, but I have to agree with what someone else said; he seems better suited for the NA side of things. Depending on how the 4H make him look and what his bio has to say about his technological enhancements, he may become an addition to the Mutants in my NA display section.
    Last edited by mjharwood; January 16, 2013 at 12:12pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd really like to see them made since there were vintage versions. If they don;t get made I'll be disappointed.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Not that important. I wouldn't mind having Blade or Saurod but I'm not itching for them either.

Well, since I don't want Gwildor in any form, I'd prefer that these be released singly as monthly figures. That way I can avoid buying Gwildor.
    Same here, won't buy Gwildor and I'm not excited for Blade or Saurod. Wave 4 and 5 characters first please

Gwildor is a big pass for me. Saurod and Blade I would buy but there are many other characters I want to see before them. Vintage MOTU is my favorite sub-group but I don't really care for the movie guys, Rotarr, Twistoid, or Meteorbs.

Just give em' to me already! I think Blade and Saurod will look amazing in the classics line. Gwildor will look good...well as good as Gwildor can look. I never liked Saurod's or Gwildor's figures though, so anything will be an improvement. I want a Karg figure while they're at it.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'd take all of them, but the only one that really matters to me is Gwildor. Blade and Saurod were filler, same with Karg; any of the regular villains would have been much better. Gwildor was the only one who actually added anything of value to the mythos and really felt like an MOTU character. I'd feel the collection is incomplete without him.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Extremely important that we get these guys. And I think we will see at least one this year.

Love it or hate it, the movie was a big part of MOTU to some people the same way the mini comics or Filmation show are to others.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app