Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Blade, Gwildor, and Saurod - How important are they to you?

I'm not really interested in these. If they made a Saurod, I wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't want Blade, who's always felt a bit like the poor man's Tri-Klops to me, or Gwilder, because jeez.

They're pretty important to me, especially Blade and Saurod since they're both pretty cool looking and I'm all about having more cool figures on my shelves!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

They're very important. And I don;t get all the hate for them. How many people went and did videos to support the sub back when there was a concern the line might die? Hmmm Anthony Delongis(Blade), Pons Maar(Saurod) and our local Mo-Larr. Now they may not be BIG names in Hollywood but since they did this out of the kindness of their hearts those two at least deserve their figures. Now, Gwildor, definitely needs a figure. We need some more comic relief besides Orko and he better come with a bucket of Robbie''s Ribs!
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    They're very important. And I don;t get all the hate for them. How many people went and did videos to support the sub back when there was a concern the line might die? Hmmm Anthony Delongis(Blade), Pons Maar(Saurod) and our local Mo-Larr. Now they may not be BIG names in Hollywood but since they did this out of the kindness of their hearts those two at least deserve their figures. Now, Gwildor, definitely needs a figure. We need some more comic relief besides Orko and he better come with a bucket of Robbie''s Ribs!
    Yeah, these guys are definitely class acts. Didn't Anthony Delongis also come to Power Con?

And I most certainly want a bucket of ribs (and a grappling hook) to come with Gwildor.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Not that important. I wouldn't mind having Blade or Saurod but I'm not itching for them either.

Well, since I don't want Gwildor in any form, I'd prefer that these be released singly as monthly figures. That way I can avoid buying Gwildor.
    Same here, won't buy Gwildor and I'm not excited for Blade or Saurod. Wave 4 and 5 characters first please

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    That doesn't change the fact I never liked and still don't like the movie, and don't want the figures in my collection....great for everyone that does, but that is why I don't like or want them in my personal collection. And to me, I can easily say the movie story never existed....so therefore....they are not important to me at all.

Their importance is on a personal level to each MOTU fan....they're not He-Man or Skeletor or the major comic or Filmation supporting cast, they were characters in a one time movie back in 1987....basically one off characters, and just because they managed to get Vintage figures while other Comic and Filmation characters didn't....still doesn't make them important to me.

I'm glad for the support, but I personally don't care for the characters or the media they come from.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 16, 2013 at 03:50pm.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Gwildor is a big pass for me. Saurod and Blade I would buy but there are many other characters I want to see before them. Vintage MOTU is my favorite sub-group but I don't really care for the movie guys, Rotarr, Twistoid, or Meteorbs.

Just give em' to me already! I think Blade and Saurod will look amazing in the classics line. Gwildor will look good...well as good as Gwildor can look. I never liked Saurod's or Gwildor's figures though, so anything will be an improvement. I want a Karg figure while they're at it.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'd take all of them, but the only one that really matters to me is Gwildor. Blade and Saurod were filler, same with Karg; any of the regular villains would have been much better. Gwildor was the only one who actually added anything of value to the mythos and really felt like an MOTU character. I'd feel the collection is incomplete without him.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Singles, and I want them yesterday.
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Yeah, these guys are definitely class acts. Didn't Anthony Delongis also come to Power Con?

And I most certainly want a bucket of ribs (and a grappling hook) to come with Gwildor.

Yes Anthiny did come to Power Con last year. He's so pretty!
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Extremely important that we get these guys. And I think we will see at least one this year.

Love it or hate it, the movie was a big part of MOTU to some people the same way the mini comics or Filmation show are to others.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Lubic would be my #3 most wanted after #1 Scorpia, #2 Eldor.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I want all of them!

Blade is by far my most wanted of the three. I never owned the vintage figure but I always wanted him. I always thought that the concept of him was great.

They are extremely important to me. Gwildor was one of my favorite figures as a kid, as I loved how unique he was compared to everyone else. The Cosmic Key is an amazing weapon in the saga, and has already inspired accessories for two figures. Gwildor's been in the bios. He deserves a place in the line.

Blade and Saurod, I never had, which almost makes me want them more than Gwildor. Great designs, interesting characters. Other than Mantenna, I want no other vintage MOTU figures more than these three.

Snappy Threader
    All of this talk makes me wonder about their bios....well Blade and Saurod anyway. I was happy to see they didn't take the Snake route with another, I wonder if they will with Saurod. And Blade...what a bounty hunter? A Pirate? A Royal Guardsman gone sour?

Heroic Warrior
    All three please! Blade was an awesome figure in the vintage line and I can only imagine what the Horsemen would do with him. Gwildor is necessary, if you ask me. He's the creator of the Cosmic Key that's played a huge role in the MOTUC bios. A staff, grappling gun, cosmic key, and hopefully a bucket of chicken should be his accessories. We need Saurod too! He's almost generic enough that you could army build him!

I'd rather they be the last of the lot. Prefer every single vintage MOTU/POP/NA character before these 3.

I'd actually prefer movie versions of He-Man, Skeletor, MAA, Teela, Evil Lyn and Sorceress before any of the made up characters.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    They are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! I will be very disappointed if these 3 guys don't get made. It is bad enough that characters like Karg and Skeletor's Troopers won't be made. Hopefully they will eventually pursue the rights to the movie. Something like letting WB sell the movie DVD on Mattycollector might be enough to get them onboard.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Very Very low on the on the list. Very. If we never get them... meh.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I have to say I am surprised by the Gwildor hate. He was a great character in my book, silly at times but never stupid to a Jar Jar Binks level. Hell he was not as silly as Orko from the cartoon.

I recently watched the 87 movie again, and I liked Gwildor just fine, so its not even a case of rose coloured glasses from childhood.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Blade & Saurod are LAST on my list (especially without Karg). The Movie style doesn't and never has blended with VMOTU/POP/NA/MOTUC, Gwildor being a possible exception.

I desperately want Blade. He was my favourite character in the film, next to Skeletor. A Saurod would also be nice, particularly if he could be called a Space Mutant with the real name 'Lizorr' (let's face it, we will never get EVERY figure made in the 80s by 2015 so some doubling up might help). I have no interest at all in a Gwildor, particularly since he may need a new buck and I think those resources could be better directed elsewhere.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I WANT all 3, but can live without them
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

All three are very high in my list and I hope we get them soon.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26