Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Blade, Gwildor, and Saurod - How important are they to you?

I want all 3. I think they are very important, because with no movie rights, these guys are the only options for the movie to be included. Well besides a bio name drop & the gun that came with Marlena.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I absolutely want all three of these figures as they are part of the original line. I don't know if Mattel has the rights to them yet but I'd really like to have a classicized version of all three.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Mattel has absolute rights to any figure they have created before. They made Blade, Gwildor, and Saurod, so they can recreate those figures without any issues. If they made a movie Skeletor, He-man, Evil-lyn and the rest back when the movie came out, they could have classicized them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    I absolutely want all three of these figures as they are part of the original line. I don't know if Mattel has the rights to them yet but I'd really like to have a classicized version of all three.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I def need all thee figures.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'm surprised we haven't seen any of these yet. IMO, the movie is a very well-known aspect of MOTU history. I'm sure Gwildor and Blade are more recognizable to the general audience than Vykron, Carnivous, Spector, Netossa, Marzo, and a bunch of other characters we've gotten.

Every time there's a reveal I'm hoping for Gwildor. If we don't get any movie representation before this line ends, I'll be incredibly bummed out.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

I'm hoping the hold off has something to do with the movie rights - it would make sense to have a year that gave us some kind of focus on them once the rights were secured. The sub exclusive could be MP He-Man. Blade/Saurod and Karg/Centurion could be 2pks. MP Skeletor could be in a quarterly slot, and Gwildor a monthly release. I wouldn't mind 2pk variants/repaints of Teela/Evil-lyn and Beast-Man/Man-at-Arms. TOD Sorceress makes for a good MP Sorceress IMO.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

If 2014 is the last year of mass release I can do without the Movie characters and the Rock People.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Heroic Warrior
    I seriously doubt Mattel would release these figures sense the movie was done by Cannon Films. Which is now defunked.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    I seriously doubt Mattel would release these figures sense the movie was done by Cannon Films. Which is now defunked.
    As discussed before, Mattel has the rights to the 3 figs they produced: Saurod, Blade, and Gwildor. At this time, they have not revealed if they are pursuing the rights to any other movie characters. Scott has mentioned that these characters WERE in the original (pre-filmation rights, and pre-sub-pocolypse) roadmap, but it is not yet clear where they stand in today's get-em-all in 2014 plan.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Heroic Warrior
    I think the Blade actor would like to see a MOTUC version of Blade.

Remember the video where he's holding the vintage figure " Do you want this to be my legacy?" ?

I want all three.

BLADE is my top most wanted figure remaining in the vintage line, and I hope he more closely resembles Blade in the film.

GWILDOR is a must have for me, and I hope they make him with "Grizzlor-type" fur since he was so fuzzy-furry in the movie, and the molded head of the vintage figure isn't that great.

SAUROD is just "meh" for me. However, I'm excited to add him since he is a henchman of Skeletor, and we could always have more of those!

And I personally wish we had other things from the movie. Movie versions of Teela, He-Man, Duncan, Skelly, and Evil Lyn would be highly welcome, to me. I'd even buy Julie and Kevin if they were sold as an exclusive. No telling whether there is demand for them, but I'd like them. The movie was a BIG part of my childhood.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    not to bothered about Gwildor, though would take him if/when he came out. Saurod, never had but always wanted from the vintage line - he shot sparks, how cool (obviously he wont when classicized but will still be a good addition) BLADE!!! No1 want ever since the first Skeletor arrived, he was always my favourite and as i've mentioned elsewhere lived on long past my He-man collection, he fought the Turtles, Hulk Hogan and other wrestlers in the ring and I still have him on my MOTUC shelf now, waiting for his new big brother
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

VERY I love those guys.