Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York Comic Con 2014

New York Comic Con 2014

Very disappointed in NYCC lineup this year. Only a turtles panel on Friday. absolutely NOTHING interesting on Saturday (no sleepy hollow panel?)....so that will be autograph day. And nothing really good on Sunday minus a muppet panel and karate kid panel. Cary Elwes is a tad too late to stick around for. 3 hours down time is rather boring at the javitz....personally I blame this new york super week thing.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Court Magician
    Yeah normally I buy a 4 day pass for me and a there day pass for the kid. Thursdays are for Dad and the weekend is for the kid. This year there is nothing for me to do except to say hello to a few guys that will be there so I told the kid we can do whatever she wants at the con, I have no agenda this time around.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    My wife and I have been going almost every year, and for the past couple we've been cosplaying - which has made the con experience a lot of fun. We're going all day Friday and Saturday - we have a wedding on Sunday - and we're trying to figure out our schedules now. Personally, I think the guest list this year is fantastic, but I am a little bummed that Mattel won't be there. If nothing else, it's one less line to stand on, I guess.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I might give my tickets to my friend, I have no interest in going anymore. IMO this is the weakest guest list EVER. The exclusives for the most part are weak as hell. Just a real MEH feeling. I usually go down to cosplay too, but food+gas+tolls+parking to just waste time...... meh.... maybe but I doubt it.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I might give my tickets to my friend, I have no interest in going anymore. IMO this is the weakest guest list EVER. The exclusives for the most part are weak as hell. Just a real MEH feeling. I usually go down to cosplay too, but food+gas+tolls+parking to just waste time...... meh.... maybe but I doubt it.
    Where'sa Ghostbusters 30th panel? Where's a TMNT 30th Panel? Every state in the country, even canada gets to meet the 80s tmnt cast minus the east coast it seems.
    Whoever plans these cons should be fired.

I mean, on SATURDAY, they have a panel called 'the Adventures of Captain Cocoa'. It's a ZOO MASCOT.
    Geek Media -

^^ Agreed bro. SDCC got Dolph Lundgren for gods sake.... we get a bunch of no name junk. Not saying Im not happy for the people who like the stuff but my god.. you know its bad when the best con of the year is now a dreaded time waster.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Patrick Stewart, Michael Keaton, Lucy Lawless are no-name junk?

Keaton is going? Wonder if he will be doing a signing...

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Patrick Stewart, Michael Keaton, Lucy Lawless are no-name junk?
    I should be more clear, most of whats there is no name junk. The few big hit names are people that flood the autographing market, even names like Lawless and Stewart as awesome as they are are pretty easy autographs to find if you look in the right areas.

The really good names are just Panels, and IMO their worthless cause the stuff is on youtube later with no wait or anything. Theres no human interaction, you just watch people talk. Personally Id throw down 200+ for Keatons sig but even hes not signing. The only name we were gunna really get was the Actress who played Tonks from Harry Potter but she just canceled lol.

SDCC gets more and more impressive, even shows like Chiller which cater to mostly scarcely working actors have been getting huge names that are rare and obscure, while NYCC is just meh. I AM happy for anyone who wants to meet anyone, dont get me wrong... just it seems like a lot of rehashing and so forth.

Eh, I don't know. To each their own, I guess. I rarely go to signings, honestly, and have limited desire to meet celebrities, especially if there's money involved. To date, I think the only celebrity I've ever paid for an autograph was Adam West, and that was over a decade ago...though to be fair I think I am going to pony up the $30 bucks to get Kevin Conroy's signature next weekend. I've just not been big into the celebrity scene.

I love the cosplay, which is our main reason for going, and there are usually good panels, lots of neat stuff on display, and I can usually get some back-issue shopping done. It's a lot of fun to be around people that share my interests...plus it's really for us to get to, since we live just across the river and can hop on the ferry, which lets out just behind the Javits.

If anyone is going, can you please PM me. I have a small request.

I should be more clear, most of whats there is no name junk. The few big hit names are people that flood the autographing market, even names like Lawless and Stewart as awesome as they are are pretty easy autographs to find if you look in the right areas.

The really good names are just Panels, and IMO their worthless cause the stuff is on youtube later with no wait or anything. Theres no human interaction, you just watch people talk. Personally Id throw down 200+ for Keatons sig but even hes not signing. The only name we were gunna really get was the Actress who played Tonks from Harry Potter but she just canceled lol.

SDCC gets more and more impressive, even shows like Chiller which cater to mostly scarcely working actors have been getting huge names that are rare and obscure, while NYCC is just meh. I AM happy for anyone who wants to meet anyone, dont get me wrong... just it seems like a lot of rehashing and so forth.

that's cause the people programing NYCC now have no vision. We never get Maurice Lamarche out east. Whil Wheaton. Jess and Tress to go along with Rob Paulsen. I've seen cooler guests at chiller that have resulted in some of my favorite pictures over NYCc....
    Geek Media -

Widget
    If you are going to be at the New York Comic-Con next week, stop by the Toyworth booth (#2164) and enter for a chance to win some pre-release figures and prototypes.

There will also be a handful of different artwork prints there for you to snag.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I love the cosplay, which is our main reason for going
    Indeed, and thats the best part of going, which if you think about it, your making your own fun ! Hope you have a good time this year! Kevin Conroys autograph IS rather tempting, I cant lie.... thats a pretty solid/rare name, its more qwirky stuff like having him that makes the enetertainment guests pop.

I also agree Shred! Chiller gets better and better, which is a shame cause their hotels and management get worse and worse. Last year they had Paige O'Hara (Belle from beauty and the beast) Ive never see her sign before! My gf went nuts! Its rare when a convention can come through for his/hers!

Widget
    I collected the original 4 horsemen sculpted MOTU figures, but stopped when that line did. I just never picked back up with the new line. That and my main collecting focus is really M.U.S.C.L.E./LRG/mini-figure type stuff.

I figured you guys might like these because they have a MOTU/Thundercats vibe to them, albeit on a much smaller scale.

Indeed, and thats the best part of going, which if you think about it, your making your own fun ! Hope you have a good time this year! Kevin Conroys autograph IS rather tempting, I cant lie.... thats a pretty solid/rare name, its more qwirky stuff like having him that makes the enetertainment guests pop.

I also agree Shred! Chiller gets better and better, which is a shame cause their hotels and management get worse and worse. Last year they had Paige O'Hara (Belle from beauty and the beast) Ive never see her sign before! My gf went nuts! Its rare when a convention can come through for his/hers!

yeah, the hotel thing needs to stop. they've gotten WAAAAY to big to be able to fit the crowd in a small hotel. and the real guests can't enjoy it much either.

last year we got Weyoun of all people (keep forgetting his name!)....and Bob from sesame Street. he really enjoyed the What Not that I b rought in, and so did the guest next to him. I THINK it was florence henderson, but I was so nervous trying not to look like a fool in front of bob, I wasn't looking around all that much ;o)...

This year we are going to bring a servo and hopefully a crow and go meet Joel Hodgson (why no MST3K panel NYCC? or Rifftrax?) Also Tony Orlando who did one of the best live PLJ perforamnces ever at a Rt17 Mcdonalds ;o)...

For NYCC, I splurged on a Next Gen cast photo op. I've got to get Riker, Crosby, and Q to sign my TNG poster...then I'll have a complete set. and I plan on getting a hulk photo op (for Suburban commando, not that wrestling crap)...

But other than that, I only have Turtles panel on friday, nothing on saturday, and sleepy hollow/Karate Kid on Sunday. oh well, at least it means I won't be missing stuff because they don't know how to spread big panels out to fill out the dull spots in the schedule.
    Geek Media -

Zoloworld will be at NYCC with Realm Of The Underworld as well as vintage and new figures. Be sure to check out booth #480 is you guys are coming!

ROTU adnycc.jpg

Tinkerbeee Toys is proud to announce that once again we will be set up at New York Comic Con. This year our booth is 3066 and we are bursting at the seams with awesome toys galore! Not only will we have Transformers, G.I. Joe, He-man, TMNT, Thundercats, Silverhawks, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, She-ra, Jem, MOTUC, over 1000 Marvel and DC figures but Power Rangers, Nightmare Before Christmas items, Voltrons, Polly Pockets, Monster High dolls, Battle Beasts, Fantasy figures, and so much more. We hope to see lots of you there!

New York Comic Con is held at the Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan. The Javits Center is located at 655 West 34th Street.
    Show Floor:
    Thursday: 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
    Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
    Saturday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
    Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Heroic Warrior
    I will be there. While not the best one it has many good guests. Also, Michael Keaton is not doing a signing but many times I make my own signings. Will I succeed with Michael Keaton? Time will tell.

I do agree that I wish there were more 80s TMNT guests and more MOTU related guests. But that goes for pretty much any con, not just NYCC.

also, heads up.

apparently now you need to wait in SEPARATE lines just to get a WRISTBAND for main stage panels?

sigh. it's getting overly complicated. I also hear they may have changed the autograph line process...
    Geek Media -

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I also hear they may have changed the autograph line process...
    Please elaborate.

I can't be sure, but I keep on hearing about contests for autographs and some of the comments left seem to think the autographing system has changed. but not sure to what!
    Geek Media -

You know, much as I'm excited at the thought of Keaton doing a signing, I have no clue what I would even want him to sign. Class, what are you hoping he will sign for you? And what do you plan to do...rush the stage?

This was about the only thing I got to enjoy this time around.

Turtles panel was filled up with the good seats due to people staying there early. I missed out on main stage events due to the wristbands getting passed out at 7AM. Way to penalize people who come late. and I missed Rebels due to the fact that the guy said it was both full and over (yet at 6PM it should have still been going on. WTFudge?). Decided to skip the madness today as my chances of getting into Karate Kid and Muppets where slim to none based on passed two days. hope someone films them.

it's getting less fun with each year.
    Geek Media -

Cool that you got to meet the whole cast, though!

This was us Friday10727325_1492823597636244_1445404687_n.jpg
    and Saturday15329145459_df81f98c43_o.jpg