Thread: "Celebrity" Cosplayers..

"Celebrity" Cosplayers..

here is something I don't get.

a new trend among conventions is to promote people who cosplay. The most 'famous' one is this Ivey Doomkitty lady. Her costumes seem store bought. very little effort seems to go into them, and she's a rare plus sized model with Boobs big enough to be medicine balls. Nothing really fascinating about this lady, but NYCC and Wizard World are promoting her like crazy, like she's some big A lister. even going so far as to give her giant banners and make her judges on contests. Something about this just seems fishy for some reason. And she's not the only one I've seen, just the more 'prolific' one on main con sights.

there are far better people who put more effort into their costumes that they could be promoting than the folks they've chosen. and no guys. usually it's just women. anyone have any insight into this? or am I the only one?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Tanya Tate.
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Ivy is the most promoted by the cons themselves. Jessica Nigri is promoted by certain game companies. In the con and cosplay scene there are others who are just as famous if not more but because of their work.

Those two are promoted most to show girls they can be geeks to, and be hot/sexy while doing it. And for the guys to give them something to drool over. Funny how typically best cosplay of _______________ is typically the more sexy cosplays from the floor.

I still say Bellechere does the full figured cosplay better and doesn't always dress like a burlesque model.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    there are far better people who put more effort into their costumes that they could be promoting than the folks they've chosen. and no guys. usually it's just women. anyone have any insight into this? or am I the only one?
    What?! Promoting scantily clad women to a largely male audience?! Sex selling?! Who could have thought that would be economically viable?! This must be some brand new trend no one has ever thought of before!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 26, 2015 at 01:32pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!