Thread: Disney Infinity (Skylanders-like game from Disney)

Disney Infinity (Skylanders-like game from Disney)

Okay, I have to admit. This could be fun. Especially if they started adding in Tron or more classic characters. The wealth of characters is pretty amazing.

Oh, and they also could do Star Wars. If the game is fun... this could be a blockbuster like Skylanders. I did enjoy how none of the characters talked in the trailer, thus avoiding the issue of the characters not sounding anything like their familiar selves.

sweet! i wish they'd add some arm articulation to the figures in this and skylanders, I'd LOVE an MOTU game like this!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Interesting! Skylanders has been tempting, but I have resisted getting into it just due to the sheer cost of diving in and collecting all of the different characters. But this may be even more tempting.... too much so to pass up. I'm not sure if I will dive in yet, but I may consider it!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Consider my interest piqued! Hard to say what the gameplay is yet, though. If I have a correct guess at what they're proposing, then it sounds like they'll be more replay value to this than with Skylanders, and that is a BIG plus! The more you can use the little figures, the better.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I like that you can potentially build your own world.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I am so ready for this, I knew it was coming but they did a fantastic job with it. I love Skylanders so this will be an easy (although expensive) buy for me!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Ah crap...looks like I'll be spending more money! Haha! I LOVE Skylanders, and a Disney game in this style is right up my alley! My wife is going to lvoe this as well!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

With Monster High app figures for apple devices I can see this taking over the trading card game thing that has been dying off despite companies trying to push them still.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    So this is what Disney Infinity will be, I had heard about it last year when Disney released a promo image and knew it would involve a lot of Disney characters but didn't expect it to be like the Sklylanders games. It seems like the gameplay will be more open than Skylanders, which is neat and should really help to set Disney Infinity apart.

I'd hope such a venture would not limit itself to just the recently active Disney properties, things will be a lot more interesting if they include older Disney characters/properties. E.G. the DuckTales characters, the Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Tron (since they're including live action), TaleSpin, etc. -- and that is just going back to the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I'd hope such a venture would not limit itself to just the recently active Disney properties, things will be a lot more interesting if they include older Disney characters/properties. E.G. the DuckTales characters, the Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Tron (since they're including live action), TaleSpin, etc. -- and that is just going back to the 80s.
    VERY good point! I hope they do this as well; the character selection shown is already varied enough to get me interested, but if we get into old toons then I'M IN. I would love a little interactive figure of Gizmoduck or Darkwing Duck. Especially if they keep it up and add stuff like the Aladdin TV series (would love a Mozenrath).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yep, that was exactly what I thought in my first post - the character potential is awesome if they really mine their history of characters.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I heard about this just a few days ago and have been doing some reading about it since. The concept and trailer officially have the attention of myself, my wife (HUGE Disney nut), and our 11 year old. Wired had a pretty interesting article on it, basically stating that Infinity isn't going anywhere, and that they have plans on tapping into their HUGE catalog as time goes on. The impression that I got from the article is "we have every intention of getting to YOUR favorite character as time goes on".

Man. Disney may not have a ton of original ideas, but you really can't argue with their execution. The lion's share of the time, it is impeccable.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Looks cool, but it makes me sad that Disney didn't come up with something more original than some of the hack/slash play it showcased.

It says no rules and showed driving elements, but I still wish it had something more unique to it.

Other than that the staggering amount of characters and environments that could be offered for the game would be fun.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Does anyone that got into this game have an Abu as an Elephant series 1 power disc for trade. That is the only non TRU rare that I need. I have an extra Electric Mayhem Bus rare from Series 2 for trade if you do.

While I don't play video games I love the figures.
    I just wish they had more classic character figures and the little mermaid.

Unofficial word is that marvel super - heros will be the next addition.
    I am assuming that would be The Avengers.
    While this should help gain some more momentum I really wish,again, we saw CLASSIC characters.
    I've only picked up Jack Skellington, Sorcerer ' Apprentice, & Elsa.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    While I don't play video games I love the figures.
    I just wish they had more classic character figures and the little mermaid.

Unofficial word is that marvel super - heros will be the next addition.
    I am assuming that would be The Avengers.
    While this should help gain some more momentum I really wish,again, we saw CLASSIC characters.
    I've only picked up Jack Skellington, Sorcerer ' Apprentice, & Elsa.
    they've officially announced the avengers. they look great!

Fear is faith in failure

Having invested in Skylanders for my son & myself, I really wish Infinity was executed better from a gameplay perspective.

My sister, the Disney nut, picked this up for my nephew. Have to say that unless you're into the Toy Box mode, the standard gameplay is kind of weak. You can only use specific characters in specific levels, whereas in Skylanders, you can use ANY figure in ANY level.
    This space for rent, apparently.....