Thread: Two-Bad Will Not be an Oversized Figure

Hybrid View

Two-Bad Will Not be a Larger Than Standard Figure

Read this one in the Q & A's:

Kastorís Korner: Ram-Man, while larger than a standard MOTU figure, is the first non-giant or beast deluxe figure. Does his release suggest that other off-size characters, such as Two-Bad or Modulok, would also likely be considered deluxe figures, if they were to be made?

Mattel: Less so for Two-Bad but we could potentially see Modulok or Multi=bot being released this way. Two Bad is really a basic figure. He isnít larger, just has two heads and a slightly wider chest.

I was under the assumption that Two-Bad would be a larger than standard figure like Ram-Man but it doesn't look like it.

This is pretty disappointing since not only would it be a good balance to have an oversized figure for both the good and evil warriors but I'm also a little concerned about how he would look with just a larger chest sculpt on the smaller waist and legs.

I know that's how he was done for the vintage line but I always thought it looked a little goofy and was hoping that they would improve on it for the Classics line.
    Last edited by bobshumway; January 16, 2013 at 10:13am.

That is kind of odd. I mean, I realize Two-Bad was a basic figure in the vintage line (and 200x) but so was Ram-Man. Classics is the first line where Ram-Man has been placed at a different price point or a different size category than other basic figures. No reason Two-Bad couldn't be, either. I say this not because I think he needs to be larger (scale wise) than the other figures, but just because I want him done right while still coming with one or two accessories.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I don't see the problem, 2002 version is not over-sized and it is fantastic! a wider buck is all we need!

I never saw Two-Bad as a taller figure, just two regular guys merged together. Maybe wider, like his vintage figure, but that's all.

This makes sense to me. Two-Bad was created by fusing two warriors together. As far as we know, those warriors were humanoids of normal height - they were not giants or even oversized humanoids. I don't see why the resulting creature would grow in height.

Maybe "oversized" isn't the best word to use. I just mean larger than the standard figure like Ram-Man. Ram-Man isn't going to be any taller than the other figures, he's just going to be bigger. That's all I'm looking for for Two-Bad.

Leech is a figure we already have who had a wider chest piece but is still a 'regular-sized' figure. I think Two-Bad should be fine.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

I always pictured Two-Bad slightly shorter than Granamyr, so this makes me VERY angry!
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobshumway View Post
    Maybe "oversized" isn't the best word to use. I just mean larger than the standard figure like Ram-Man. Ram-Man isn't going to be any taller than the other figures, he's just going to be bigger. That's all I'm looking for for Two-Bad.
    Right, but Ram Man needed a new Torso mold, new loincloth, and completely new legs, just based on his design, not for proportion's sake. Because he was also out-of-proportion as a Vintage toy, the 4H and the design team were able to justify the totally new tooling he has and blow-out his proportions the way they did.

Two-Bad, based on the character's look and vintage figure, could reuse everything a normal MOTUC reuses (lower torso, waist, loincloth, upper legs, upper arms and shoulder joints. The only new piece that is essential and uniquely Two-Badd is the upper torso, made extra wide with two neck-pegs. That's negligible enough, apparently, that the 4H and Mattel's Design team feel they can pull it off properly without a 100% new tool.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonSOS View Post
    I see Extendar getting this sku though.
    I can see it, he needs 100% new tooling. How we're expected to get a fanbase to pay $30 for one of the most unloved Masters out there... Maybe if *everyone* else from the vintage line was done, Scott could market him as "the very last vintage figure", to justify the cost.
    Last edited by Straight Edge; January 16, 2013 at 01:54pm.
    NO RED BEAST? WE TURN BEAT RED!

My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - KITTRINA, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post

I can see it, he needs 100% new tooling. How we're expected to get a fanbase to pay $30 for one of the most unloved Masters out there... Maybe if *everyone* else from the vintage line was done, Scott could market him as "the very last vintage figure", to justify the cost.
    Extendar "unloved"???? - HE is fantastic - WE NEED HIM! ...

Gwildor is unloved...He is the Masters answer to Jar Jar Binks...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    That is kind of odd. I mean, I realize Two-Bad was a basic figure in the vintage line (and 200x) but so was Ram-Man. Classics is the first line where Ram-Man has been placed at a different price point or a different size category than other basic figures. No reason Two-Bad couldn't be, either. I say this not because I think he needs to be larger (scale wise) than the other figures, but just because I want him done right while still coming with one or two accessories.
    Two-Bad is a figure that should definitely come with two accessories... They each have their own personality so they should each be able to control a "weapon"

Quote Originally Posted by bobshumway View Post
    Read this one in the Q & A's:

Kastor’s Korner: Ram-Man, while larger than a standard MOTU figure, is the first non-giant or beast deluxe figure. Does his release suggest that other off-size characters, such as Two-Bad or Modulok, would also likely be considered deluxe figures, if they were to be made?

Mattel: Less so for Two-Bad but we could potentially see Modulok or Multi=bot being released this way. Two Bad is really a basic figure. He isn’t larger, just has two heads and a slightly wider chest.

I was under the assumption that Two-Bad would be a larger than standard figure like Ram-Man but it doesn't look like it.

This is pretty disappointing since not only would it be a good balance to have an oversized figure for both the good and evil warriors but I'm also a little concerned about how he would look with just a larger chest sculpt on the smaller waist and legs.

I know that's how he was done for the vintage line but I always thought it looked a little goofy and was hoping that they would improve on it for the Classics line.
    Not a surprise actually. The original figure was the same configuration as TG described, so it stands to reason that the update would follow a similar track. Personally I feel that the larger format should be used sparingly and only where warranted. Two-Bad (at least for me) is not that instance. Ram man however is a perfect fit for it. He's large, in charge, and in all senses his up-sized Classics format makes perfect sense. With TB it would seem like indulgence simply to have a balance on the good v.s. bad guy camps.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

The great thing about the Two Bad answer is that it sounds like he's already planned for the near future. Usually they would say, "But there's no Two Bad figure planned right now".

I've got no issues with him being a standard figure with a wider chest/torso. It should work fine.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think that will be fine. What I wouldn't want is a "pancake" torso like the vintage had. But slightly wider whould work just fine
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I don't have a problem with this. I didn't expect Two-Bad to be oversized.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com