Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two-Bad Will Not be an Oversized Figure

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Sounds good to me. I was able to customize a Two Bad on a standard torso and it looked pretty good. I think if the just add a widened upper torso, he will look great.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    This makes sense to me. Two-Bad has never really been depicted in a manner that really warrants him to be a significantly bigger figure. In both the 80s and 200X MOTU toylines and corresponding cartoons, Two-Bad was roughly a regular-sized character in terms of height and proportions, with the only difference being the wider upper torso and two heads. His arms, legs, heads, etc. were all of average size. For this figure, they can likely easily reuse a decent amount of the existing tooled parts for the lower half of his body and his arms. Plus if they ever give us Tuvar and Badra (something that may not be likely given the shaky ground that the line is on, but not entirely out of the question), they can then reuse some of the new parts that they will make for him like the heads, any unique tooling that they made need to do for his hands, boots/feet, etc.

Ram-Man is quite a different case. In both toy lines he was a completely unique tool with proportions that vastly differed from most of the other figures in the lines (I know 200X was mostly unique tooling on each figure, but the point remains none the less). In the Filmation cartoon, they kind of made him short and stumpy looking.... almost like an over-sized dwarf or something. While I am a big Filmation fan, he always looked odd to me in that cartoon for that reason. In the 200X cartoon, he was a really big guy! He may have been depicted as taller in that cartoon (I'd have to go back and watch it again), but even if they were to make him the same height, proportionally he was just very different from most of the rest of the characters. And his 200X figure was kind of 'dinky' with the size that they made him.

IMO from what I can see of it, the MOTUC figure kind of creates a happy medium between all of these aspects of him. It was the only way to do him justice. Like the rest of the figures in the line, he will be roughly the same height, but he will retain his proper proportions. He makes sense as an exception to the rule IMO.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

To me Two-Bad isn't an oversized figure. It would just be an excuse to charge $30 for him is all. It's only the loud 200x fans mainly wanting him to have a larger scale. I prefer the way he looked in the vintage line and Filmation.

and I bet he will be the February 2014 figure (with January: Glimmer and March: Scorpia)
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I still say we should have gotten that for a 3-pack this year instead of the Fighting Foe Men. Tuvar, Baddrah & Two-Bad. Would gladly pay $75 for that.

Heroic Warrior
    Right design decision. I'm glad, that he will be a regular figure with a wider chest. Vintage style!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I still say we should have gotten that for a 3-pack this year instead of the Fighting Foe Men. Tuvar, Baddrah & Two-Bad. Would gladly pay $75 for that.
    $75 for 2 figures? Really? Nah all I need is Two-Bad. If he released in a multipack I'll pass as he'd be too expensive.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

$75 at once is generally a bad idea, unless it's 3 unique fan demanded characters like Tongue Lashor, Mantenna, Two-Bad 3 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Right design decision. I'm glad, that he will be a regular figure with a wider chest. Vintage style!
    Echo? Déjà vu??

Who knows...
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    To me Two-Bad isn't an oversized figure. It would just be an excuse to charge $30 for him is all. It's only the loud 200x fans mainly wanting him to have a larger scale. I prefer the way he looked in the vintage line and Filmation.

and I bet he will be the February 2014 figure (with January: Glimmer and March: Scorpia)
    My thoughts exactly. If he wer ebigger they would charge more and we would wait longer.....

I'm pretty satisfied with him being a standard-sized figure, just with a wider new chest to accomodate two heads. I'm also looking forward to him having arms coming out of his sides, and not off of the top of his shoulders... and also having that 2002 styled mace in non-floppy plastic!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Hopefully by answering this question in more detail, they have thought about Two Bad more and maybe part of this answers based on his development as a toy. Maybe he's coming sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    $75 for 2 figures? Really? Nah all I need is Two-Bad. If he released in a multipack I'll pass as he'd be too expensive.
    It might arguably only represent two characters, but it would be 3 separate figures.... Tuvar, Badra, and Two-Bad.

While I agree with SCB's sentiment that expensive multi-packs are a bad idea in general, I could see this theoretical pack going over better than the Fighting Foe Men pack since it would be based around more high profile characters.

I'm not entirely knocking the Foe Men. I know some people are excited about them. I even think they are kind of cool.... I like the little nods to the vehicles in their armor and accessories, and in particular I really like the blue-skinned guy with the hood.... I'm looking forward to him the most. But still, it is an expensive $75 pack of figures based on artwork of vehicle pilots (which you can't even fully see since they are in their respective vehicles) from licensed out MOTU model kits that weren't even part of the actual, primary toyline in the 80s. Once you throw shipping and (for some people) tax on top of that, that's a lot to ask all at once for something that probably a very limited percentage of the overall fanbase would have any real familiarity with.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; January 16, 2013 at 04:19pm.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I don't really see a need for TB to be an oversized figure. There is re-use possible for arms and legs, and likely even the fuzzy trunks, so he actually has less new pieces than some other standard figures.

I think this is where they will run into problems on a few figures like Rio Blast, who doesn't warrant an oversized slot for his size, but needs almost all new parts. The Badd boys, though, don't have that problem.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I think this is where they will run into problems on a few figures like Rio Blast, who doesn't warrant an oversized slot for his size, but needs almost all new parts. The Badd boys, though, don't have that problem.
    Rio Blast probably could be done using some of the existing parts. I doubt that his chest and upper legs will actually open up like on the old figure. They'll probably just make accessory parts that could snap onto him or something. They could just use the existing male torso and either give him two sets of armor (one that is "closed up" and one that is "open"), or even just make interchangeable parts for the armor. For his legs, they could use most of the existing parts and just make the brown armor as separate pieces that attach on (sort of like the armor for MAA and the Palace Guards, only with upper leg armor, too). For his arms, they could at least probably get away with using existing shoulders.

He may get cost heavy on the accessories, but the tooling for his body shouldn't be too terrible.

I think he should be normal sized but I'm anxious to see how tight he is in the blister. I imagine he won't have much wiggle room in there. The one thing i really hope for is to be able to get posed with the posture he has in the MYP cartoon. I never liked the idea of a 2 headed monster with perfect posture.

Heroic Warrior
    Sounds great. I wouldn't want Two-Bad to be an over-sized figure.

The wider chest/torso to accommodate the two heads, with "standard" legs and arms, is perfect for Two-Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    I don't see the problem, 2002 version is not over-sized and it is fantastic! a wider buck is all we need!
    QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The great thing about the Two Bad answer is that it sounds like he's already planned for the near future. Usually they would say, "But there's no Two Bad figure planned right now".
    Exactly.

hmm, thats 2 leakes about upcoming projects from a Mattel Q&A...
    Last edited by Replikor; January 16, 2013 at 06:12pm.

Alright, absolutely no one agrees with me. At least he did say that Mantenna would be a candidate for a Ram-man like sku. I think that means he'll more than likely have 4 separate legs and not have them fused like vintage figure.

Quote Originally Posted by bobshumway View Post
    Alright, absolutely no one agrees with me. At least he did say that Mantenna would be a candidate for a Ram-man like sku. I think that means he'll more than likely have 4 separate legs and not have them fused like vintage figure.
    how cool would that be!!!! Hope it happens that way now!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I am fine with this and CANNOT WAIT to get him!! He is a very highly demanded character and has been all along (look no further than the current Top Ten Mosted Wanted MOTUC's thread where he is currently #2). He is a truly "must have" character to make the MOTUC's line complete!!

I kind of want Two-Bad to be Ram-Man's stature.

200X Two-Bad was perfect. It really showed us that Two-Bad was two people merged together. They had their own postures, their own styles. A lot of that is due to the pre-posed nature of that line.

I imagine that the way this figure will be constructed is that the upper torso piece would be a new tool with two necks, while the rest would be the standard body.

If he was built on the Ram-Man body, the upper torso could be a unique piece that could convey the differences between Tuvar and Baddrah a lot better than the standard buck. There's more canvas to paint the picture. You could have Tuvar's head held high and Baddrah slumped over. There's just more room to pull it off. That's really the only reason I think he'd be better bigger.

However, doing it on the standard buck means that new upper torso part could be reused for Modulok (and possibly Multibot), so I am more than happy to swallow my opinion for the greater good.

No big surprise here either. I do have to say that Leech could have used larger legs which they could have used for Two-Bad also. .so much for that
    .Can't wait for this guy.!

Heroic Warrior
    I think, Two Bad could use some new parts, his purple side has scaly skin...

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I think most of us would. If we were to get them Two Bad will have his own pack out. Tovar & Baddrah would actually make a great 2 pack. And yes I'm glad he won't be depicted as an oversized figure.