View Poll Results: Which route would Mattel be best exploring. Son Of Heman or Powers Of Grayskull?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Powers Of Grayskull

24 26.09%
  • Son of Heman

5 5.43%
  • Powers Of Grayskull but not excluding POP and NA

44 47.83%
  • Son Of Heman but not excluding POP and NA

19 20.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which route are U more interested in Mattel exploring for the future. POG or SOH???

Which route are U more interested in Mattel exploring for the future. POG or SOH???

Ok so were getting to the stage where the vintage line hopefully will shortly be done. So much talk everywhere about The Son Of Heman and developing the story on from where we last left off back in the 80s. But what of The Powers Of Grayskull?
    Also i've included voting options that allow POP and NA characters to also have a place in history or future as at this point with Classics I feel it maybe important to still carry on "UNIFYING " the line as these rightly should be included going forward.
    What would YOU prefer Mattel focus on for the future in Media such as new cartoons, comics and figures.
    Lets help Mattel get fan input into what we are more interested in.
    Last edited by skeletorous; March 19, 2014 at 02:18pm.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    POG, but not leaving SOH at all, maybe a mix of both, but mostly POG.

Heroic Warrior
    POG is far more interesting period than SOH, and many questions from this era are still open. So POG with the rest of MOTU, POP and NA. Not interested at all for SOH.

POG is the way to go, but then i saw this option " Powers Of Grayskull but not excluding POP and NA " and realized this is actually what i would have voted for.

I am actually interested in both POG and SOH, so I couldn't decide.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I am actually interested in both POG and SOH, so I couldn't decide.
    Ditto my friend.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

I want it all, really, but I'm excited at the idea of exploring new territory and getting SoHM era figures. I need Dare/He-Ro and Skeleteen, at least. That said, there are many POG characters I still want as well (Gladiator, Snarrrl, Veena, Sharella, Gray, Nicolas Powers/Lord of Zalesia...).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I want both, but I'm leaning more toward SoH for all the juicy new stories waiting to be told. And by "told" I mean mostly "told by myself, to myself" because I mostly want figures depicting some of the future characters. They can explore it any way they like. I just want excuses for new toys I can mash into my personal story.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Neither really. More Filmation!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Option three- I will always be more interested in PoG than SoH.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior
    POG for sure. Even if you like SOH, you can't honestly believe you will get anything close to what you are hoping. Scott Neitlich is hoping to put his personal stamp on MOTU with this line using what he thinks is creative.

You might as well go buy some Green Lantern Figures and put some Spector and UNO heads on them.

Now that is hard. I would have voted "Son of He Man but not excluding Powers of Grayskull" because I see the future of the line in Son of but would like an exploration of the Powers era.

As for toys and MOTUC well certainly not excluding NA & POP but I couldnt vote Son Of but not excluding NA & POP because I thought that obvious.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I absolutely love POG & feel it has so much cool potential.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

POG. What I've seen of SOH so far is awful.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    POG. What I've seen of SOH so far is awful.
    Ditto, this! ^^^^
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

OK, so I'd be happy with either, but I would much rather see SOH. I don't see why people are so into POG?? The Prehistoric theme is not that exciting to me, and it's a prequel with no familiar characters (at least no one from contemporary He-Man that we know and love). I thought people didn't like prequels? Why would you want to look back? I'd much rather see the storyline continuing, chronicling the adventures of He-Man's son, while King He-Man and Queen Teela sit on the throne. I'm genuinely curious as to why POG is winning? Is it because POG had some vintage toys? Or is it because people don't like the Filmation Son of He-Man concept art/documents they've seen?
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    OK, so I'd be happy with either, but I would much rather see SOH. I don't see why people are so into POG?? The Prehistoric theme is not that exciting to me, and it's a prequel with no familiar characters (at least no one from contemporary He-Man that we know and love). I thought people didn't like prequels? Why would you want to look back? I'd much rather see the storyline continuing, chronicling the adventures of He-Man's son, while King He-Man and Queen Teela sit on the throne. I'm genuinely curious as to why POG is winning? Is it because POG had some vintage toys? Or is it because people don't like the Filmation Son of He-Man concept art/documents they've seen?
    POG is basically the Silmarillion of MOTU. It's more close to the Sword and Sorcery feeling of the first mini comics. And also is a more dark and epic story and has far more interesting characters and concepts. King Greyskull and his council, He-Ro, Veena, Eldor, Sharella, Tytus, Megator, and others. Heroes that sacrifice their lives for the freedom of Eternia. Powerful demi god like villains. Also there are many questions from this era and many other characters yet to discover.
    SOH has a clone of He-Man fighting a cheap clone of Skeletor and Orko's evil cousin as the main villain. The original He-Man and Teela have now the roles of Randor's and Marlena's and Kay-La is basically Teela from the original MOTU. Nothing original at all. I would love to see a future era for MOTU but at least having this era a couple of thousands years after King He-Man's era (this way He-Man will have fulfill the prophecy, succeeding to bring piece on Eternia). The only figure that i would like from SOH is Queen Teela.

I would be interested in FILMATIONs SON OF HE-MAN but this weird "not" NA SOH which we don´t know anything about…

Not my thing. Who says Kay-La will be part of it? Who says Evil Lyn will look like that? Skeletor is not alive in this era.

Than i´m more into POG with Eldor, He-Ro, King Hsss and Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich has his character in both eras now so he can explore this guy where ever as long as we get some explanations for the Goddess and Sharella, maybe Ziloras story and more backstory to the snake clan?
    Last edited by Niki; March 21, 2014 at 10:42am.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post

I'm not a huge POG fan either. I think both He-Ro and He-Ro II look "naff". But I like Eldor and the dinosaurs are fun. SOH characters overall look much worse to me than POG
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Kay-la from SOH is a really cool looking character. She would fit very well into the MOTUC line.

I want a mix of both. Love the new characters coming out of all of the mini-comics both SOHM and POG. It would be interesting to see the stories of one affecting the stories of the other! Bring on all of it with some Filmation worked in and I would be very happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Neither really. More Filmation!!
    Yes! Filmation.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I didn't vote in the poll because I want them to explore BOTH time periods!

It would really bulk out the continuity and show normal cartoon-watching folks there's more to MOTU than JUST He-Man and Skeletor.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Powers Of Grayskull but not excluding POP and NA.

Just NO Son of He-Man please.....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I want POG with POP and Na, but I also would like the line to move forward with SOH to further the line and story. The Wheel of Time, never ends!