View Poll Results: How do you rate the new DC comics as a whole until now?

48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

7 14.58%
  • Very good

4 8.33%
  • Good

13 27.08%
  • Quite bad

14 29.17%
  • Very bad

10 20.83%

Thread: How do you rate the new DC comics as a whole until now?

Hybrid View

How do you rate the new DC comics as a whole until now?

Considering both the mini-series and digital releases. (NOT considering the three mini-comics included with MOTUC.)
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Louisville, KY
    I love 'em. The art is a bit hit-or-miss throughout the titles, but I'm interested in the overall story. It's not my perfect reimagining, but I think it's pretty strong. And I see it as just that: One of many reimaginings. One of the many continuities. It's cool. Some of the designs are great (Mer-Man, Beast-Man), some are not, (Evil-Lyn, Trap-Jaw) in my opinion. But yeah. More material out there. Cool.

Snappy Threader
    Southern Wisconsin
    I voted "good". It is awesome that MOTU is getting mainstream exposure, but the art in some of them has been suspect and the story and characters' looks vary a great deal from what I am used to anyway. But overall I am super glad we are getting the comic.

Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    You have too many options. All you need are: Good, Bad, & Meh

But excellent. Why not? It's cool to have a comic, and so far I'm buying in. It's fresh, and though every choice isnt to my liking, it doesnt have to be.

I'm in it for the duration I feel.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Birmingham, UK
    Good - room for improvement and there needs to be consistency - but its heading in the right direction.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

For every step forward there seem to be two steps back. The artwork in the latest issue is dreadful!

Heroic Warrior
    It's such a mixed bag right now...there have been some really good issues that make me care. Then there are issues like the "origin" of Hordak. Which was appallingly bad. I wanted my money back at the end of that issue because it was so bad.

I've been surprised at how much I've been digging the MOTU vs. DCU comic. It's a little goofy, but it's still hitting the right notes to make me anticipate the next issue.