Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Curious what fans think - do you want a cost reduced 20.00 figure?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I haven't read all the responses - but if they send the figures in poly bags I hope those asking for that to happen are prepared for the loose joints, warped weapons and scratched paint due to there being no support to hold things in place.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I haven't read all the responses - but if they send the figures in poly bags I hope those asking for that to happen are prepared for the loose joints, warped weapons and scratched paint due to there being no support to hold things in place.
    Loose joints, warped weapons, scratched paint...how are the bags different again?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Loose joints, warped weapons, scratched paint...how are the bags different again?
    HA!!! Funny! I see what you meant here. :-)
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I should have added - even more of those problems than here are already at the moment. The poly bags won't make this issue go away just make it worse
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Court Magician
    Thank you, Mattel, for asking our opinion, and listening.

I do not care if the figures are $27.00. It has been very apparent throughout 2012 that the design, packaging, and over-all quality has changed for the best. Keep giving us high-quality figures with awesome accessories.

This has all become a moot point now as ToyGuru has said in the AskMatty forum that Mattel is no longer looking at cost reducing the figures via accessory cuts or paint deco reductions.

ToyGuru: It has been pretty clear fans are not looking for us to cost reduce the figures by removing deco and accessories. So we aren't currently looking into this as a long term solution.

Me and my yearly 2 subs is OUT if they do poly bags. I REFUSE to believe these figures cost so much to make. Shipping is outrageous. QC is horrible and the CS is EXTREMELY frustrating.

The only packaging difference I would agree to is lose the inner plactic and bands. Nothing was wrong with the original line being packaged lik it was. GO with that.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    This has all become a moot point now as ToyGuru has said in the AskMatty forum that Mattel is no longer looking at cost reducing the figures via accessory cuts or paint deco reductions.
    Time to close thread, main question asked and answered....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

^ Good to know ^

My biggest problem right now is the shipping. It is ridiculous. UPS (though even more expensive/although it takes a week) is much better than the Newgistics option which usually takes like 10-12 days to get to me here in CT, & is still over $10 in shipping alone, seems bonkos.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Let's see, my choices are get hosed or keep getting hosed, I pick keep getting hosed. Thanks for asking.

TG posted on the matty forums that based on the initial responses this didn't seem likely.

I'm sure this thread will rage on for the next month though (or longer).
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Well this post from Toyguru pretty much ends this thread....

Totally hear you.

Alas shipping costs are not something we can control. I am actively looking into any and all options but at the end of the day, there isn't much way to cost reduce shipping.

Part of participating in (and "collecting") a very low quota high end collector line is accpeting that it is only available online and there are costs to this such as paying for shipping. We are WAY under the quota to ever put any of our Matty.com lines at retail. So really it comes down to "accepting" the fact that to continue to get new MOTUC figures every month, paying online prices which include shipping is just part of the over all collecting experience.

I've always said we will try to make these figures as long as their are fans buying and that one day it will cost more to make (and ship) these figures then fans are willing to pay. I hope we are not there yet, but if we are, it's been a fun run!

We can affect things like character choice (which if we get a 2014 line we will do our best to only focus on the vintage line and main animated figs) but affecting shipping or the cost of prodcution are not factors we have much control over. It costs what it costs and hopefully we have enough customers willing to pay for more figures. If not, we'll wrap things up for Classiocs in 2013 and look forwards the future for something different and maybe less expensive to make and ship.

It just makes me sad...

Wow!!! This is not good news especially with all of the bickering that has been going back and forth between us orgers on characters selection.
    I really hope we don't have too many more quality issues this year and that the subs get enough of our support to make 2014 a reality.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Strange to think that MOTUC is so way "under quota" but other comparable lines like Playmates TMNT Classics can be in brick and mortar and every online retailer just fine.

Not saying I want MOTUC to move away from the Matty model per se (no way we'd be able to get as adventurous as some of the character selection has been) but it's an interesting deflection away from any real answer about shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Strange to think that MOTUC is so way "under quota" but other comparable lines like Playmates TMNT Classics can be in brick and mortar and every online retailer just fine.

Not saying I want MOTUC to move away from the Matty model per se (no way we'd be able to get as adventurous as some of the character selection has been) but it's an interesting deflection away from any real answer about shipping costs.
    I don't think that's very strange. TMNT is a thriving pop culture property right now. As much as we love it the same can't be said for MOTU at this time, despite making gains over the past couple of years (i.e. new comics). It would be easy to put Classics into retail if there was a new cartoon and toy line like there is with TMNT ... although we know Mattel would never run two different "looks" concurrently.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I don't think that's very strange. TMNT is a thriving pop culture property right now. As much as we love it the same can't be said for MOTU at this time, despite making gains over the past couple of years (i.e. new comics). It would be easy to put Classics into retail if there was a new cartoon and toy line like there is with TMNT ... although we know Mattel would never run two different "looks" concurrently.
    So you're saying Mattel would ignore the current "quota" standards it imposes on MOTUC if they were able to have a kid-oriented mass market line of MotU toys that did meet the quota?

That makes zero sense to me.

No. But how bout trying to keep the QC issues to a minimum along with the various other problems and I don't think anyone would have a problem (other than our overseas brethren unless you can help them with shipping) about the current price.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

How come Hasbro is about to start making 6" super detailed, super articulated, well packaged "STAR WARS: The Black Collection" figures and selling them for $19.99 each? Let me guess, it's because they are going to be sold at retail so they can lower the cost?

Look at how awesome this Luke figure is:

luke_skywalker_xwing_pilot_black_series_hasbro.jpg

Note how he comes with 3 accessories too.

STAR WARS is my number 1 passion so with these coming out in August and the increasing costs of MOTUC this may very well be my last year as a subber.
    Last edited by jerec350; January 30, 2013 at 09:36am.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    So you're saying Mattel would ignore the current "quota" standards it imposes on MOTUC if they were able to have a kid-oriented mass market line of MotU toys that did meet the quota?

That makes zero sense to me.
    He said if there wasn't a cartoon, there wouldn't be MOTU retail, and that makes perfect sense. But, I don't see any reason Classics wouldn't co-exist if a retail line was released. TMNT as well as the seemingly defunct (again) Thundercats had media to back new retail lines, however TMNT seems to always sell from the stores, the pegs are often empty. But I have yet to see a local store that sells the Classics. TRU, Meijer, Wal-Mart & Target do not carry them, I had to buy mine online, but I only paid about $15 a piece for them. Thundercats was poorly handled as far as the toy lines. But TMNT has both the Classics line and a retail line, both with 2 completely different appearances, so I see no reason with the support MOTUC has, and any potential retail line would have, they both wouldn't co-exist.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    How come Hasbro is about to start making 6" super detailed, super articulated, well packaged "STAR WARS: The Black Collection" figures and selling them for $19.99 each? Let me guess, it's because they are going to be sold at retail so they can lower the cost?

Look at how awesome this Luke figure is:

luke_skywalker_xwing_pilot_black_series_hasbro.jpg

Note how he comes with 3 accessories too.

STAR WARS is my number 1 passion so with these coming out in August and the increasing costs of MOTUC this may very well be my last year as a subber.
    That's kind of cool, but I don't know how far the line will go for $20 retail....The little ones sell because of kids and being under $10....I don't know, maybe it'll go for a while. I would love to see Darth Vader in 6" form, and Anakin, they'd likely be the only 2 I would get, maybe Han. But I can't see paying $20 for Yoda and R2-D2, unless they are packed with accessories to make up the size difference.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 30, 2013 at 09:56am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    That's kind of cool, but I don't know how far the line will go for $20 retail....The little ones sell because of kids and being under $10....I don't know, maybe it'll go for a while. I would love to see Darth Vader in 6" form, and Anakin, they'd likely be the only 2 I would get, maybe Han. But I can't see paying $20 for Yoda and R2-D2, unless they are packed with accessories to make up the size difference.
    Luckily they aren't making every character. Only characters from the original trilogy along with the main characters from the prequels. I don't mind paying $20 for Yoda or R2 if they are well sculpted and articulated. The 6" line is being geared for adult collectors while the 3.75" figures are still being geared towards the kids. I quit collecting the 3.75" figures years ago (except some of my favorite characters) due to quality control issues. Here is a link to the article in USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...-toys/1872035/

Luckily they aren't making every character. Only characters from the original trilogy along with the main characters from the prequels. I don't mind paying $20 for Yoda or R2 if they are well sculpted and articulated. The 6" line is being geared for adult collectors while the 3.75" figures are still being geared towards the kids. I quit collecting the 3.75" figures years ago (except some of my favorite characters) due to quality control issues. Here is a link to the article in USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...-toys/1872035/
    Wow, I heard years ago Lucas wanted to make another 3 movies, and they actually are.

I won't be "collecting" this line, but I will be possibly buying 3 or 4 of them, depending what Jengo, Vader, Han & Anakin look like. I have zero interest in 4" figures, I had a few "Revenge of the Sith" figures, 2 Anakin figures and Vader, but sold them off. These may hold my interest.

Now, I just hope Hasbro releases the new Bot MP cars....I want Red Alert, Smokescreen, Bluestreak & Prowl, but not for $80 a piece. However I will buy a Mirage in a heartbeat. And Soundwave for $100+ wow, he looks awesome, but not for that much he doesn't.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Yes. This has NOTHING to do with MOTUC, I'm afraid. It does not mean Mattel could have done this. Or should even do this.

If MOTU had been one of the most consistently successful toy lines with a presence on retail shelves for decades then I'd say "Hey, why can't Mattel do this." But it hasn't been.

This is apples and oranges. For one thing, we have to see if Star Wars Black is even successful (I hope it will be, as it'll be the first Star Wars line I really collect other than a few Phantom Menace figures back in 99 before I saw the movie) and even if it is this does not relate AT ALL to MOTUC because the brands are in very different places as far as getting retail to embrace them.

I'd love to get MOTUC at retail for $20, though. But MOTU as a brand just isn't there. It'll be interesting to see how many retailers even support this, to be honest.

I have been watching the Mattel WWE figures for a while now. It seems my WalMart gets a case or maybe two of the Elite figures for each series and they generally sell through pretty good. There is typically no more than about 6-7 figures per waive. Some are short packed, like the current Miss Elizabeth, and even the more obscure characters sell. So I think this could be done for MOTUC too. As long as they didn't flood the market, they should be able to do the same. I look at the tons of DCU that they did, and I admit that I am not a huge comic fan, but I have no idea who most of those characters were, but they still seemed to sell. They put out like 20 series didn't they? Well MOTUC has to be almost, if not more, recognizable than a lot of those characters. With proper case assortments they could continue the Classics at retail. Just short pack the POP and NA stuff, like they are short packing the Elizabeth figure, and don't over do the variations and it seems it could be really successful. It didn't seem they put a A-lister like Batman or Superman in every wave of DCU and it did just fine. Just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yes. This has NOTHING to do with MOTUC, I'm afraid. It does not mean Mattel could have done this. Or should even do this.

If MOTU had been one of the most consistently successful toy lines with a presence on retail shelves for decades then I'd say "Hey, why can't Mattel do this." But it hasn't been.

This is apples and oranges. For one thing, we have to see if Star Wars Black is even successful (I hope it will be, as it'll be the first Star Wars line I really collect other than a few Phantom Menace figures back in 99 before I saw the movie) and even if it is this does not relate AT ALL to MOTUC because the brands are in very different places as far as getting retail to embrace them.

I'd love to get MOTUC at retail for $20, though. But MOTU as a brand just isn't there. It'll be interesting to see how many retailers even support this, to be honest.
    I know they aren't exact comparisons but I guess what I'm getting at is if Mattel wants to earn my dollar they need to offer better product and service instead of failures like Netossa. Her sculpt is top notch but the loose joints, lack of accessories, and the black dot are ridiculous especially compared to characters like Fisto who to me has been the perfect release so far with the 200X gear. If the Star Wars Black figures are quality product and it comes down to having to make a choice between the 2 brands then I'm going with the better quality product.

I know they aren't exact comparisons but I guess what I'm getting at is if Mattel wants to earn my dollar they need to offer better product and service instead of failures like Netossa. Her sculpt is top notch but the loose joints, lack of accessories, and the black dot are ridiculous especially compared to characters like Fisto who to me has been the perfect release so far with the 200X gear. If the Star Wars Black figures are quality product and it comes down to having to make a choice between the 2 brands then I'm going with the better quality product.
    That's what gets me, they have tightened up the joints on most every male figure since July, yet the females still suffer from them, even ones with brand new parts. It's seriously amazing.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor